Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,354 members, 7,836,448 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

How Safe Is PAYPAL Acct - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Safe Is PAYPAL Acct (1749 Views)

Is Paypal Still Restricted In Naija >> / How Safe Is Lets Partner With You Ltd / Drop All Ur Paypal Acct Related Issues/Queries In Here & Get It Solved/Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Safe Is PAYPAL Acct by nicerichard05: 9:23am On Jul 21, 2015
please guys can someone tell me how safe a PAYPAL acct is, i just opened an acct with dem and i have a large amt in d acct (nt too large sha)..
is it possible for my acct to be hacked?

thanks for your response..
Re: How Safe Is PAYPAL Acct by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 21, 2015
Are you kidding me? Is PayPal a bank? Why would you open an account and put money there? PayPal is secured but, are you secured?

Is your password something a hacker can guess? Is your email secured? Check yourself not PayPal. You use an easy to guess password and your account is compromised is no fault of PayPal. Your email password is weak and can easily be brute-forced is no fault of PayPal.

And oh... its safer than your bank!

What a question undecided
Re: How Safe Is PAYPAL Acct by nicerichard05: 10:16am On Jul 21, 2015
coolsix:
Are you kidding me? Is PayPal a bank? Why would you open an account and put money there? PayPal is secured but, are you secured?

Is your password something a hacker can guess? Is your email secured? Check yourself not PayPal. You use an easy to guess password and your account is compromised is no fault of PayPal. Your email password is weak and can easily be brute-forced is no fault of PayPal.

And oh... its safer than your bank!

What a question undecided

i didnt deposit moni der oo, u no it is linked to ur bank acct, thats wat i mean.. my email is safe and the password as well
Re: How Safe Is PAYPAL Acct by arbitrage: 10:21am On Jul 21, 2015
nicerichard05:

i didnt deposit moni der oo, u no it is linked to ur bank acct, thats wat i mean.. my email is safe and the password as well

Even if hacked and used, you can still get charge back as PayPal reverses your fund in your favor if you can prove it was not authorized by you.
Re: How Safe Is PAYPAL Acct by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 21, 2015
nicerichard05:

Ok, if that is the case, there is no guarantee of safety.
Re: How Safe Is PAYPAL Acct by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 21, 2015
arbitrage:

Even if hacked and used, you can still get charge back as PayPal reverses your fund in your favor if you can prove it was not authorized by you.

His bank would charge him $25 for Chargeback. Chargeback is not a funny thing to do sir cheesy
Re: How Safe Is PAYPAL Acct by arbitrage: 12:20pm On Jul 21, 2015
coolsix:

His bank would charge him $25 for Chargeback. Chargeback is not a funny thing to do sir cheesy

I thought if PayPal is refunding him the money used from his card, the bank would not be told that this reversal is a charge back. Some guys have said here that they were able to receive into Nigerian PayPal account by virtue of PayPal refunds but none of them ever mentioned being charged $25. Is this a new development or those guys didn't tell us the whole truth?
Re: How Safe Is PAYPAL Acct by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 21, 2015
arbitrage:

I thought if PayPal is refunding him the money used from his card, the bank would not be told that this reversal is a charge back. Some guys have said here that they were able to receive into Nigerian PayPal account by virtue of PayPal refunds but none of them ever mentioned being charged $25. Is this a new development or those guys didn't tell us the whole truth?

A refund is different. If he makes a payment for instance and then the seller did not deliver, he can file a dispute with PayPal and PayPal would return funds to his card(This would take a long time for the bank to credit).

But, if the seller does not deliver and then he tells his bank(Not PayPal) about this and his bank performs a chargeback against paypal on his behalf, they would charge $25. Or its equivalent so in nigeria, i'd say they charge N5000 or less. Last time, Zenith charge me N3800 for chargeback against Amazon.

smiley
Re: How Safe Is PAYPAL Acct by goryorhal(m): 10:31pm On Aug 02, 2015
nicerichard05:
please guys can someone tell me how safe a PAYPAL acct is, i just opened an acct with dem and i have a large amt in d acct (nt too large sha)..
is it possible for my acct to be hacked?

thanks for your response..

Have you gotten the evisa?
Let me know if you are still interested ?
Re: How Safe Is PAYPAL Acct by arbitrage: 1:23am On Aug 03, 2015
coolsix:

A refund is different. If he makes a payment for instance and then the seller did not deliver, he can file a dispute with PayPal and PayPal would return funds to his card(This would take a long time for the bank to credit).

But, if the seller does not deliver and then he tells his bank(Not PayPal) about this and his bank performs a chargeback against paypal on his behalf, they would charge $25. Or its equivalent so in nigeria, i'd say they charge N5000 or less. Last time, Zenith charge me N3800 for chargeback against Amazon.

smiley

Okay, I was referring to the charge back or refund that he initiates with PayPal by virtue of PayPal resolution center. Not the one to his bank.

(1) (Reply)

Ibadan-based Entrepreneurs Network / Searching Keywords For 1688.com(different Countries Origin) / MMM Debunks Rumoured Crash In Zimbabwe, Calls It A Failed Propaganda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.