Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,020 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! (82264 Views)

Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far / Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission / Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Venus007(f): 9:30pm On Jul 22, 2015
Eyah. Kpele. Itsnt low jare. If ur score pulled u thru, it means it wasnt low. Im 4rm Edo, going 4 MBBS in UNIBEN. 267 was my score.
Teempakguy:
you're right, but I still care nonetheless. I have plans with my friends to establish a scientific community at the school, now I'm like a loner suffering from survival guilt. embarassed

By the way I'm from Ogun state. I am going for computer science and I got the low score of 239 in Jamb.

What about you?
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 22, 2015
Venus007:
Eyah. Kpele. Itsnt low jare. If ur score pulled u thru, it means it wasnt low. Im 4rm Edo, going 4 MBBS in UNIBEN. 267 was my score.
that is pretty high. What state are you from though?
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 22, 2015
Pukka36:
People like U are Nigeria's problem!
sorry to ask, do u apply for uniben ?
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Lawsimon(m): 9:49pm On Jul 22, 2015
dannyfillz:
Omo see coup de tat
Na to pack my load go Togo straight
Jamb don jam us
Do you know what awaits you in Togo? He who fight and run away...leaves to fight another.
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Pukka36(f): 10:04pm On Jul 22, 2015
kingcity:
sorry to ask, do u apply for uniben ?
Yes,I did!
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 22, 2015
Pukka36:
Yes,I did!

He asked you, 'do you apply for UNIBEN'? Oya correct yourself. angry

2 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 22, 2015
Pukka36:
Yes,I did!
have u check if ur eligable for pume ? If yes how did u do it ?
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 22, 2015
CoCoLav:
Why are you guys going to protest at Unilag gate? Are they the ones that came up with the new policy? Shouldn't that be done at the JAMB office?Do you tthink UNILAG does not like the income they generate from thousands of Post utme candidates yearly when they know 70% don't stand a chance? This one is bad market for them because JAMB has limited the number of candidates to those who are truly eligible knowing that those 5 schools are competitive.

They are helping you so you don't spend a year sitting at home after being denied admission by the top 5 when there are other schools who could have given you admission. Reduces the crime rate and pregnancy rate in my opinion.

How can you score 200 and be thinking of Unilag? I scored 270 in my time and still didnt make merit list. I made supplementary cos I knew someone.

This is a nice initiative. I just don't support the private university option but it was necessary so the private universities don't cry foul after all they are recognised by NUC. Its left to you to either go there or not.

You think JAMB is a true test of knowledge/academic brilliance?
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 22, 2015
SouffleX:

Yes. [Assuming they take the top 500 applicants for each course] If the student with 203 is in the top 500 for biochem, they'll be eligible for the PUTME. If the student with 254 isn't in the top 500, of course they won't be eligible.

Okay, let me shock you. I know two people(both from the South West, if you care to know). One of them, who had 271 has been declared ineligible to write PUTME for MBBS in UNILAG and the other with score 217 has been declared legible for the same MBBS. Does your theory still hold?

2 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by isolated: 11:00pm On Jul 22, 2015
Pukka36:
Yes,I did!
i must confess...
all ur posts i'v read sofar has been very educational...
I RESPECT YOU and am also proud of ur choice of INSTITUTION. u from Edo state?
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 22, 2015
DrAsiko:

Okay, let me shock you. I know two people(both from the South West, if you care to know). One of them, who had 271 has been declared ineligible to write PUTME for MBBS in UNILAG and the other with score 217 has been declared legible for the same MBBS. Does your theory still hold?

Well no one knows the criteria used in selecting eligible students. It's entirely possible that other factors like WAEC results, subject combination, and such were taken into consideration too. Like I said, it was an ASSUMPTION.

[s]Btw you don't have to sound so effing condescending[/s]
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 22, 2015
SouffleX:

Well no one knows the criteria used in selecting eligible students. It's entirely possible that other factors like WAEC results, subject combination, and such were taken into consideration too. Like I said, it was an ASSUMPTION.

Btw you don't have to sound so effing condescending

I'm sorry I missed the 'Assumption' part...Thanks.
And they both have correct and complete WAEC results and WAEC/JAMB combinations.
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Pukka36(f): 11:40pm On Jul 22, 2015
isolated:
i must confess...
all ur posts i'v read sofar has been very educational...
I RESPECT YOU and am also proud of ur choice of INSTITUTION. u from Edo state?
Thank U sir! M'from Delta State.
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Pukka36(f): 11:43pm On Jul 22, 2015
kingcity:
have u check if ur eligable for pume ? If yes how did u do it ?
No,I have not! The application for my desired institution hasn't started yet.
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Pukka36(f): 11:44pm On Jul 22, 2015
Scrypt:

He asked you, 'do you apply for UNIBEN'? Oya correct yourself. angry
Ah can't fitembarassed

2 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by RobinHez(m): 11:44pm On Jul 22, 2015
Teempakguy:
you're right, but I still care nonetheless. I have plans with my friends to establish a scientific community at the school, now I'm like a loner suffering from survival guilt. embarassed

By the way I'm from Ogun state. I am going for computer science and I got the low score of 239 in Jamb.

What about you?
grin grin

And dat was the tale of NL's Einstein cheesy
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 22, 2015
DrAsiko:

I'm sorry I missed the 'Assumption' part...Thanks.
And they both have correct and complete WAEC results and WAEC/JAMB combinations.

Well hopefully JAMB is going to clear things up before we drive ourselves crazy undecided

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by isolated: 11:50pm On Jul 22, 2015
Pukka36:
Thank U sir! M'from Delta State.
explains why u're such a genius... few of Delta friends i had when i was staying with my broda at Ekosodin(Uniben) back in 2012 were all geniuses...
i can help connect you wit my brother(a 500level chemical engineering student) if u ever need any help, i'm sure he'll be glad to help...
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by shamecurls(m): 12:00am On Jul 23, 2015
Venus007:
Lol. Is it wrong?

Not wrong, Just reminds me of GEJ when i think about the goat and yam analogy.
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Kelvinlyzo(m): 12:16am On Jul 23, 2015
God punish everybody that is involve in this arrangement cry cry cry
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by tunsmart: 12:33am On Jul 23, 2015
opeaceo:

Easy dude, 254 for law is kinda low if you ask me.

I just hope the protest works because the security men misbehave sometimes.

Oh Come on, some1 else was eligible with the same 254 for Law, and the person is not an indigene too
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by awolowo25: 1:22am On Jul 23, 2015
i pity myself,if i had not wasted the opporunity unilorin gave me in 2009,i wouldnt have been caught in d web of dibu's wicked ploy... Admission now die... God help me....
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Pukka36(f): 1:29am On Jul 23, 2015
isolated:
No,thanks.

Genius is a big word for mhiembarassed

....And thanks for the complimentscheesyembarassed
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by amparas(m): 1:31am On Jul 23, 2015
Plenty Pple go mad dis year
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 23, 2015
tunsmart:

Oh Come on, some1 else was eligible with the same 254 for Law, and the person is not an indigene too
sigh!
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Venus007(f): 7:17am On Jul 23, 2015
Lol. Wat goat nd yam analogy? Neva hrd of it.
shamecurls:

Not wrong, Just reminds me of GEJ when i think about the goat and yam analogy.
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Venus007(f): 7:19am On Jul 23, 2015
What state is d persn 4rm?
tunsmart:

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Venus007(f): 7:24am On Jul 23, 2015
I wrote that. Edo.
Teempakguy:
that is pretty high. What state are you from though?
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Venus007(f): 7:27am On Jul 23, 2015
Ada96, she don vex finish. Lwkmd.
Pukka36:
Yes Mummycheesy
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 23, 2015
Venus007:
Ada96, she don vex finish. Lwkmd.
loool since yesterday I jurz dey look am ...girls ain't smiling no more
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Elxandre(m): 7:32am On Jul 23, 2015
Hopefully FUTA won't Follow suit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Is This Form Of Punishment Wrong Or Right? / You Are A Genius If You Have The Solution To This Equation. / JAMB Admission List Available Online:: JAMB UPLOAD NEW LIST check now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.