Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,788 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

Beware Of Fake Survey Plans, Properties Under Government Acquisition And C/o's - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Beware Of Fake Survey Plans, Properties Under Government Acquisition And C/o's (6201 Views)

Authentic Land For Sale ( Free From Omo Onile Problem, Government Acquisition) / How To Do Ratification Or Regularization Of Land Under Government Acquisition / New Hope For Owners Of Lands That Are Under Government Acquisition In Lekki/ajah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Fake Survey Plans, Properties Under Government Acquisition And C/o's by lawyer(m): 5:35pm On Mar 12, 2009
I have just come from Alausa to do a search for a person who bought a land in lekki without going through the basic required steps  of investigating the title of the land before he bought the land for N7million. The person wanted to do a quick C/O to perfect the land because the new rules in lagos state states that before you can get a building permit approval, you must have  a C/O to back up your documents.

The land transfered to the new owner had only a survey plan and deed of assignment. When the survey plan was tendered at Alausa, it was promptly rejected that the land in question is under Government acquisition and Lagos state will not grant a C/O to that man or land. Looking at the survey plan itself, the surveyor who did it hurriedly inscribed that the land "was free from government acquisition" and that was what convinced the purchaser to buy the land, whereas, the land has mega issues on it ranging from government ownership and traditional land owners battling to become relevant in that place.

I was told that all the people who claim to own C/O's in that estate where just decieving themselves because they are all fake C/O's and when government is ready to deal with them, they will either demolish the structures there or force the property owners to pay millions to buy it from the government and Fashola is planning a raid in Lekki anytime soon because of the disturbing news emanating from lekki phase 2 downwards to Epe side. undecided

SAMPLE FAKE SURVEY PLAN

[img]http://*deleted*[/img]

The above survey plan is a sample fake survey plan used by omo-niles and unscrupulous surveyors to hoodwink purchasers.

A major thing to watch out for is the stamp where it is written that the land is "FREE FROM GOVERNMENT ACQUISITION"

Dont take it for face value. It is only if a surveyor from the surveyor general's office has mapped out your survey plan and he has access to know whether it is free or not before he can place that stamp there. People steal these stamps and use it to decieve people when marketing the land to prevent you from doing further search.

The above survey plan has put the purchaser in a N7million debt because he took the survey plan as it was marketed to him by the agent. Dont fall victim of such 

This is a final note of warning. Dont let your impatience to buy a property force you to cry tomorrow because, after i delievered the bad news to the man, he is presently not thinking straight because of his rashness to do what is right. There are a lot of crooked surveyors, omo-niles and government staffs scamming people through land deals and if you dont take the appropriate step to sit down and take it slow till your satisfied, you have only your self to blame!

The person who sold the N7million land is no where to be found as i write! Money don enter bush! Dont be the next victim abeg! sad

Please i beg you, shine your eyes! Dont be coaxed by sweet property deals and run your self into financial ruins and emotional torture!
Re: Beware Of Fake Survey Plans, Properties Under Government Acquisition And C/o's by skyy04(m): 9:35pm On Mar 12, 2009
It is about a land in Egbe area fully paid for and fenced (omo oniles was settled during fencing)
To make the secure I paid for C of O which is process since June 08 and still not ready, omo oniles are demanding again despite no activities on land, Is that normal? Will I loose the land if don't settle them?

also How much does Cof O cost and how long does it take?

I will appreciate all respond.
Re: Beware Of Fake Survey Plans, Properties Under Government Acquisition And C/o's by lawyer(m): 3:02pm On Mar 13, 2009
skyy04:

It is about a land in Egbe area fully paid for and fenced (omo oniles was settled during fencing)
To make the secure I paid for C of O which is process since June 08 and still not ready, omo oniles are demanding again despite no activities on land, Is that normal? Will I loose the land if don't settle them?

also How much does Cof O cost and how long does it take?

I will appreciate all respond.

1. I dont understand what you mean by the omoniles are still demanding fees from you despite the fencing? Which omoniles did you settle? Is your land in a rural area filled with all sorst of omoniles? Also what do you mean by there is no activity on the land? Do you mean the land hasnt been developed yet?

There is a rule in lagos state concerning land that it should be developed within 2 years of purchase unless the land will be unilaterally taken away from you by government and your c/o will be revoked without any compensation. So please furnish me with the right details so i will be in a position to better advise you.

2. Also in respect of C/O applications, it costs between N350,000-N500,000 DEPENDING ON WHOM YOU NEGOTIATE WITH and it excludes your tax clearance of that year of applying.

3. If you paid for the C/O since June Last year, you should ask your lawyer to give you feed back on where the process has reached. Normally it takes up to 9 months maximum to get a C/o but using express fees which should be accomplished within 3 months will set you back with some N700,000 and above. It all depends on your finances at that given moment and the urgency involved.

Cheers!
Re: Beware Of Fake Survey Plans, Properties Under Government Acquisition And C/o's by Tafugo: 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2009
embarassed Im in the same mess too. I bought 5 plots from omooniles and agents at Eleko junction.By the time we finished the transaction i am left with only 3.5 plots. Nobody will tell u the truth from the Lg officials to the surveyors.The best i can do now is to utilize  the land for my business (Manufacturing) till the LSG shows up to demolish or claim their land.
Re: Beware Of Fake Survey Plans, Properties Under Government Acquisition And C/o's by tallgal(f): 10:15am On Mar 15, 2009
I have an acquaintance I have worked with for a while. He claims to have bought some plots of land in Ajah, Lagos and God has led him to give me one plot. He is now going to transfer the deeds and other legal documents to me.

At this point, I am not getting excited over anything, because I have not been asked for any money, but I need to know what the documents should look like. Unfortunately, apart form being in church circles, this is not someone I know very well and the whole situation, despite my strong faith, seems too good to be true.

Please let me know in detail
[list]
[li]What documents a land ownner should have[/li]
[li]What distinguishes a legal document from a fake one[/li]
[/list]

Thank you.
Re: Beware Of Fake Survey Plans, Properties Under Government Acquisition And C/o's by lawyer(m): 10:11pm On Mar 15, 2009
From your post, since he hasnt discussed monetary consideration with you, then what you will be entitled to is a "Deed of Gift" rather than a deed of assignment.

Also distinguishing a fake document from a real one depends on so many factors and excruciating search and investigations because there are so many clones of documents.

For example, its a well documented notice to all purchasers that want to purchase land from the Ado-Badore in Ajah Lekki axis to stay clear of those areas that are being advertised for sale by agents because those areas are under government acquisition and if you buy any land there without doing adequate search, your on your own and its your loss when the wahala starts. Also those that got their c/o in those places are just decieving themselves because they are clones and fake documents presented to those owners. So it depends on the circumstance to know which is which.

The reason i get all these information easily is because my office is a stone throw from alausa so i pop in every now and then to know the latest gists relating to properties that are good to purchase and those that should be avoided.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Fake Survey Plans, Properties Under Government Acquisition And C/o's by tallgal(f): 8:15am On Mar 16, 2009
smiley
Thanks for that information, lawyer.

When I receive the documents, I'll contact you again.
Re: Beware Of Fake Survey Plans, Properties Under Government Acquisition And C/o's by beejay08: 2:50pm On Mar 16, 2009
Lawyer,

Thanks for the enlightenment.

Someone introduced to me a plot of land at Adeba Town (after Mayfair Gardens). He showed me documents (gazette) showing that the said land as been excised (don't know if this is the correct word but he meant has been given to the community by the government).

I asked for the C of O but he said the gazette document will serve as the C of O, while the only document that will be given to me by the government will be CONSENT.

From your experience, can such a thing "excise" be true? Does the government actually do such? If yes, what sort of document will I have to process from the government to be sure the land is mine IF I CHOOSE to purchase the land?

I have other questions to ask, can you pls provide your email address and phone number so we can discuss further.

Thanks.
Re: Beware Of Fake Survey Plans, Properties Under Government Acquisition And C/o's by lawyer(m): 3:18pm On Mar 16, 2009
Hi Beejay,

From your questions, these are the possible answers;

1. Yes if he showed you a gazette showing the land has been excised and given to the community, then it is possible he is saying the truth because gazettes show which land has been given back to the owners and which ones havent. But on another note, i have seen gazettes that have been falsified by unscrupolous people trying to hood wink people to believe that those lands have been excised. It is very rampant in Lekki and mowe/ ofada so you still have to confirm if it is true.

2. No, the gazette can never replace a C/O. The gazette only shows that it is free from government acquisition and if it is a large parcel of land they are selling to individuals one by one, they should either have a global C/o Covering the entire land or provide you with mediums and documents to obtain your c/o personally.

If they have the global c/o to give you, then all you need to get is the consent but without that c/o you cannot get a consent.

You can mail me at my address given below for further advise.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Fake Survey Plans, Properties Under Government Acquisition And C/o's by jericho: 7:22pm On Mar 16, 2009
Hi Beejay,

1. Yes if he showed you a gazette showing the land has been excised and given to the community, then it is possible he is saying the truth because gazettes show which land has been given back to the owners and which ones havent. But on another note, i have seen gazettes that have been falsified by unscrupolous people trying to hood wink people to believe that those lands have been excised. It is very rampant in Lekki and mowe/ ofada so you still have to confirm if it is true.

2. No, the gazette can never replace a C/O. The gazette only shows that it is free from government acquisition and if it is a large parcel of land they are selling to individuals one by one, they should either have a global C/o Covering the entire land or provide you with mediums and documents to obtain your c/o personally.

If they have the global c/o to give you, then all you need to get is the consent but without that c/o you cannot get a consent
Hi Beejay,

If they have the global c/o to give you, then all you need to get is the consent but without that c/o you cannot get a consent

@Beejay
To butress Lawyer's explanation, you still need to conduct a search at the Surveyor General's office Alausa, to confirm that the co ordiantes do not fall outside the excised areas. I was once given a survey plan in respect of a property at Eleko, when we charted it, the co-ordinates did not match what was on the survey plan. Now before i buy any property i liaise wit a surveyor friend of mine who has a GPRS Monitor to read and crosscheck the co-ordiantes on the survey plan.
Re: Beware Of Fake Survey Plans, Properties Under Government Acquisition And C/o's by slyk2(m): 4:39pm On Mar 23, 2009
Thank alot.
You brought up a nice topic, please i need your clarification here.

1. a land with an excorsition note fron Alausa, does it categorically say that govt will never tamper with such an area?
2. how can one buy land genuinely in Lagos. ie steps to take
3. what are the danger of buying a property with just family reciept?
Re: Beware Of Fake Survey Plans, Properties Under Government Acquisition And C/o's by lawyer(m): 4:47pm On Mar 23, 2009
1. a land with an excorsition note fron Alausa, does it categorically say that govt will never tamper with such an area?

The chances are 99% confirmed if it is gazetted that it is excised that it wont be tampered with and if government decides to tamper with it in future based on its on going development programs, you will be adequately compensated

2. how can one buy land genuinely in Lagos. ie steps to take

That is the job of your lawyer and as stated in my previous posts, i have oulined all the things needed to be done

3. what are the danger of buying a property with just family reciept?

Alot of dangers because it is mostly omoniles and traditional families that sell lands with just purchase reciept and it is fraught with a lot of uncertainities to be worried about
Re: Beware Of Fake Survey Plans, Properties Under Government Acquisition And C/o's by tukod(m): 1:25pm On Apr 06, 2009
Hello,

i will like you to clarify your comment on properties along Ado-Badore Road.
I have a property on the left hand side on your way to Badore just before Edidot Schools.Are you officialy saying that all land on that axis belong to the state?

Please clarrify.I bought mine from Omo-Onile.
Re: Beware Of Fake Survey Plans, Properties Under Government Acquisition And C/o's by jericho: 4:25pm On Apr 06, 2009
@Tukod,

Have a property along that route also on the same side of Edidot college infact about 3 houses away, bought from Omonile 4 years back but proceeded to put up a structure immediately before any harrassment. Mine is free from acquisition though.

Depends on your location. There is a recent publication with regards to properties in that area by the Lagos State Government regarding those under acquisition. If i remember properly it has do with properties further down the road on the left side after Spot one.

Hope you executed a Deed of Assignment when you bought yours cos the omoniles around that area are very dubious?

J
Re: Beware Of Fake Survey Plans, Properties Under Government Acquisition And C/o's by oluwabamis(m): 7:34pm On May 31, 2010
Re: Beware Of Fake Survey Plans, Properties Under Government Acquisition And C/o's by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 01, 2010
Another impressive one from lawyer. God bless you. Keep it up. Im a super-fan.

@ all

Get your survey from a trusted surveyor. After this, take it to the nearest town-planning office to get your survey information.
Survey information usually include zoning, i.e. if the land is truly free from government acquisition, and if the land is for residential purpose, industrial, green, highway, etc.
The survey information will reveal alot and save your tons of trouble. It would be totally unwise to pour millions and have it leveled by the government in the future or pay additional.
Re: Beware Of Fake Survey Plans, Properties Under Government Acquisition And C/o's by adedimu4u: 12:10pm On Jun 08, 2010
OMo NI ILe collide wit some of the staff @alausa.so go for a registerd surveyor not aquack surveyor.pls dont mind the cost
Re: Beware Of Fake Survey Plans, Properties Under Government Acquisition And C/o's by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 08, 2010
Barrister, thanks for this thread and the secret you are exposing in real estate industry.
Re: Beware Of Fake Survey Plans, Properties Under Government Acquisition And C/o's by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 08, 2010
City of Hope Estate Ibeju Lekki Special Offer N680,000 Per Serviced Plot

This estate is situated along ELERANGBE way off Lekki/Epe Expressway in Ibeju Lekki L.C.D.A of Lagos State.

The Following documents below are available for this estate and you can site them.

Registered perimeter survey.
Approved estate layout plan.
Power of attorney from customary owners of the land.
File number, for the global certificate of occupancy.

After full payment you will get the below documents

Letter of Allocation
Estate Covenants,
Survey plan
Deed of assignment.
Global C of O

For inspection please contact us below

Consulting Warehouse Ltd
Ground Floor, LAMLAT House
270 Ikorodu road
Obanikoro
Lagos State
Nigeria

Telephone Number: 01-8123553, 07039806000, 08091634445
Email: consultingwarehouseltd@yahoo.com
Re: Beware Of Fake Survey Plans, Properties Under Government Acquisition And C/o's by ny11: 2:05pm On Oct 30, 2013
Hi Surveyors,

What's the procedure for registering a survey to a new buyer where the former has a consent? Do u need an instruction from the seller to the office of surveyor General for a change?, does the surveyor of the buyer need to liaise with the surveyor of the seller before a change can be made? Is it possible to have a land with two different titled surveys at the Surveyor General's Office? Where does Change of Name apply as against Governor's Consent (On Lagos State Government's Ministry of Lands website, there's reference to Change of Name but not much on when it's applicable.
Re: Beware Of Fake Survey Plans, Properties Under Government Acquisition And C/o's by lucane: 4:52pm On Mar 10, 2015
I will like to know how much it cost to register a survey plan and obtaining a red copy towards perfecting a 900m2 plot of land in awoyaya area.
Pls it is very urgent

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Good Home Plan / Softwood / 3 Bedroom Flats Available For Sale In Gwarinpa ,abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.