Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

How A Woman Paid A 40yrs Old Debt She Owed My Dad -crotonite - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How A Woman Paid A 40yrs Old Debt She Owed My Dad -crotonite (1248 Views)

RMAFC Discovers N115bn Tax Liabilities Owed By FG, States MDAs / Woman, Two-yearold Son Detained Over Husband’s Debt (photo) / Man Loses Belongings Over Wife’s N4k Bank Debt (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Woman Paid A 40yrs Old Debt She Owed My Dad -crotonite by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 22, 2015
Today while i was busy in the shop (21/7/2015), a woman in her early 70's brought a money to me that she owed my late dad. she bought a wrapper from him since 1975 and owed him 60 naira, she was unable to pay untill today. and she gave me a wooping sum of 60 naira and i was like what the fvck, 60 naira since 1975 still worth 60 naira today .

please can someone help estimated how much it would have worth by now if it was a loan from a bank?
Re: How A Woman Paid A 40yrs Old Debt She Owed My Dad -crotonite by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 22, 2015
Working on the calculation..............
Re: How A Woman Paid A 40yrs Old Debt She Owed My Dad -crotonite by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 22, 2015
Na waa for the woman.

that 60naira should have yielded interest nah.

Infact, 60naira since 1975, should amount to 60million naira in 2015.
Re: How A Woman Paid A 40yrs Old Debt She Owed My Dad -crotonite by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 22, 2015
missbronze:
Na waa for the woman.

that 60naira should have yielded interest nah.

Infact, 60naira since 1975, should amount to 60million naira in 2015.

shocked

should i sue her? undecided
Re: How A Woman Paid A 40yrs Old Debt She Owed My Dad -crotonite by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 22, 2015
crotonite:

shocked

should i sue her? undecided
grin,

She an old woman, No.

But, does she have eligible and single son?

Get him to marry you, in exchange of the debt they are owing ur daddy.

3 Likes

Re: How A Woman Paid A 40yrs Old Debt She Owed My Dad -crotonite by Momcherry(f): 11:11am On Jul 22, 2015
70 yr old woman? Just return the money to her. Tell her u've cancelled d debt. In fact buy extra wrapper dash her on top.

But some people can owe o..since 1975 shocked

1 Like

Re: How A Woman Paid A 40yrs Old Debt She Owed My Dad -crotonite by Mediatekroms: 11:12am On Jul 22, 2015
it is either you are lying or the woman is. How can a wrapper be #60 in 1975, and it was worth 60million?
Re: How A Woman Paid A 40yrs Old Debt She Owed My Dad -crotonite by Qualer: 11:52am On Aug 05, 2015
missbronze:
grin,

She an old woman, No.

But, does she have eligible and single son?

Get him to marry you, in exchange of the debt they are owing ur daddy.

See your fine life in 3D! Oya come with those your correct hips make I marry you sharply!! cool

1 Like

Re: How A Woman Paid A 40yrs Old Debt She Owed My Dad -crotonite by Qualer: 12:00pm On Aug 05, 2015
crotonite:
Today while i was busy in the shop (21/7/2015), a woman in her early 70's brought a money to me that she owed my late dad. she bought a wrapper from him since 1975 and owed him 60 naira, she was unable to pay untill today. and she gave me a wooping sum of 60 naira and i was like what the fvck, 60 naira since 1975 still worth 60 naira today .

please can someone help estimated how much it would have worth by now if it was a loan from a bank?

For the woman in her 70s to come and pay the debt means she has a conscience that has been troubling her and she is trying to clear. Most people in their old age(the spiritually sound ones) usually try to mend fences so that when the time comes, they leave something akin to a clean slate behind. You should have actually told her not to worry and sent her on her way. 60naira in the 70s is equivalent to 6,000naira as of today.
I'm sure if she had met your father, he would have appreciated her willingness to payback after such a long time, but still send her back with her money, it's common sense. Most times it is not always about the money. I'm sure he would have forgotten that somebody was even owing him after all these years.

1 Like

Re: How A Woman Paid A 40yrs Old Debt She Owed My Dad -crotonite by samuelkingz(m): 3:15pm On Aug 05, 2015
check well my dear...most tyms its not wat u see dats d main reason..do u knw d woman?hav u seen her b4??is she traceable?? Dese re way evil pple try to get back @ pple nd destroy dier life nd biz..u may add dat money to ur biz and boom...ur goin bankrupt....bad tins begin 2 happen and u askin how...pls do not add d money to ur personal savings or even biz money...confirm if dis womans story is genuie...dere must be sb who knws her or d supposed story...but well i may also be wrong..but jst thread wit caution

1 Like

Re: How A Woman Paid A 40yrs Old Debt She Owed My Dad -crotonite by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 05, 2015
Qualer:

For the woman in her 70s to come and pay the debt means she has a conscience that has been troubling her and she is trying to clear. Most people in their old age(the spiritually sound ones) usually try to mend fences so that when the time comes, they leave something akin to a clean slate behind. You should have actually told her not to worry and sent her on her way. 60naira in the 70s is equivalent to 6,000naira as of today.
I'm sure if she had met your father, he would have appreciated her willingness to payback after such a long time, but still send her back with her money, it's common sense. Most times it is not always about the money. I'm sure he would have forgotten that somebody was even owing him after all these years.

may be she is scared that her days are numbered undecided.
Re: How A Woman Paid A 40yrs Old Debt She Owed My Dad -crotonite by arbitrage: 7:04pm On Aug 05, 2015
crotonite:

may be she is scared that her days are numbered undecided.

Be careful. That money cannot add any value to your life at the moment. So learn to say I forgive you the debt on behalf of your father instead of allowing inexplicable yoke into your family.

For those estimating the value of N60 in 1975 to be N6,000 now, I do not think that will be correct. If brand new Peugeot 504 SR was sold N15,000 in 1987 and my University school fees was N60 (N50 tuition fee + N10 sport fee) in the 90s, then N60 of 1975 cannot be compared to N6,000 of today. At least I remember that I never got any paper note (but coins) as feeding money when 50 kobo was the least Nigerian paper note in my secondary school days in the 80s. So imagine what N60 would be like in 1975. That is why someone's comment may be right up here asking whether you or the old woman are/is telling the truth with N60 for wrapper in 1975. A wrapper cannot possibly be sold as costly as N60 in 1975. In fact, one popular salary increase workers celebrated in Nigeria's past was the one called "Udoji's money" that was given in the 70s by the then Minister of Finance, Udoji, in the pounds value comparably less than N60 you are talking about here.

Reject, return and write off any debt (you were not in the agreement or even born then) that will put you in lifetime bondage, if you believe such thing exists or is possible anyway.

4 Likes

Re: How A Woman Paid A 40yrs Old Debt She Owed My Dad -crotonite by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 05, 2015
arbitrage:

Be careful. That money cannot add any value to your life at the moment. So learn to say I forgive you the debt on behalf of your father instead of allowing inexplicable yoke into your family.

For those estimating the value of N60 in 1975 to be N6,000 now, I do not think that will be correct. If brand new Peugeot 504 SR was sold N15,000 in 1987 and my University school fees was N60 (N50 tuition fee + N10 sport fee) in the 90s, then N60 of 1975 cannot be compared to N6,000 of today. At least I remember that I never got any paper note (but coins) as feeding money when 50 kobo was the least Nigerian paper note in my secondary school days in the 80s. So imagine what N60 would be like in 1975. That is why someone's comment may be right up here asking whether you or the old woman are/is telling the truth with N60 for wrapper in 1975. A wrapper cannot possibly be sold as costly as N60 in 1975. In fact, one popular salary increase workers celebrated in Nigeria's past was the one called "Udoji's money" that was given in the 70s by the then Minister of Finance, Udoji, in the pounds value comparably less than N60 you are talking about here.

Reject, return and write off any debt (you were not in the agreement or even born then) that will put you in lifetime bondage, if you believe such thing exists or is possible anyway.

thanks for the advice!!

lipsrsealed i am sorry i accepted the money. but the good news that i gave it to a beggar cheesy

as for the date, may be the old lady was exaggerating.
Re: How A Woman Paid A 40yrs Old Debt She Owed My Dad -crotonite by ayokellany: 4:28am On Aug 23, 2015
It's unbelievable you collected the the money from a 70 yr old. That is so terrible. Where I come from a two yr old would know he should never either for respect of spiritual reasons.
Re: How A Woman Paid A 40yrs Old Debt She Owed My Dad -crotonite by tpiander: 4:40am On Aug 23, 2015
Re: How A Woman Paid A 40yrs Old Debt She Owed My Dad -crotonite by teemy(m): 10:57am On Aug 23, 2015
ayokellany since she was in a shop it is possible crotonite had collected the sum before being told what it was meant for considering also that she forwarded the money to someone in need.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

12 Compelling Ways To Make Money Online In Nigeria. / Do You Need Finance For Your Local Purchasing Order(lpo)? / Please Can Somebody Tell Me The Reason The Banned Sending Wu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.