Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,890 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa (2544 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visa by akinshola(m): 10:12am On Sep 26, 2006
hello guys out there can some one plz tell me wat to do my mum is in UK and her visa as xpired but she does not want to come to naijja so how can she renew it 4rm UK ?
Re: Visa by onatisi(m): 11:18am On Sep 26, 2006
she can send it as a drop box renewal . check with the embassy . there is no longer personal apperance now for visa renewal .
Re: Visa by OldGlory1(m): 5:40pm On Sep 26, 2006
Shola

Tell her to come back and renew it in person. She has a very high chance of getting it renewed. Please do not make the mistake of letting her sit in the UK with an expired Visa.
Re: Visa by akinshola(m): 6:15pm On Sep 26, 2006
how can she send it as a drop box renewal plz xplain
Re: Visa by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 26, 2006
by the time she returns to nigeria with an expired visa, she's likely to be denied a renewal
Re: Visa by akinshola(m): 11:19am On Sep 27, 2006
so wat can she do since shes likely to be denied a renewal ? or is it posible to renew it over there in UK ?
Re: Visa by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 27, 2006
If you are in the UK without a visa, or if your visa has expired, you are an overstayer, and you are in violation of UK law. There are three types of overstayers:
You intended to overstay at the time you entered the UK;
You intended to observe the terms of your visa, but overstayed due to a judgement (or similar) error;
You intended to observe the terms of your visa, but were prevented from leaving by circumstances beyond your control;
As of October 2002, overstayers are no longer deported, but rather given Administrative Removal. Most commonly it means that you are given a letter explaining that you are required to leave the UK by a certain date. There are no restrictions on Administrative Removal (as there are in deportation), and you can apply for re-entry to the UK as soon as you reach your destination country. Your chances of success will depend upon which of the above categories you fall in to, and how you handled your overstay with the authorities (i.e., your credibility). If you overstay beyond the time given in an Administrative Removal, you will be in *trouble*.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Below are a series of steps you can use to see your various alternatives and possibilities.
Have you overstayed? Check the date on your visa to assure that you are, in fact, an overstayer. Travel days in transit to leave the UK do not count against an overstay; and if you have time to leave, you can avoid overstaying by doing so. If you are certain that you have overstayed, go to step 2.

Has your overstay been unavoidable? This means you intended to leave the UK, but were unable to do so due to circumstances beyond your control. This can arise from political incidents like 9/11, or for medical reasons, or if you were the victim of a crime. In this case, simply phone one of the IND offices listed below, they will know what to do next. If your overstay could have been avoided and you opted to overstay anyway, go to step 3.

Are you the spouse of a British citizen and your spouse is unable to leave the UK? For medical, legal, or other reasons? If so, call one of the IND offices below. If not, go to step 4.

Are you the spouse of a British citizen and can demonstrate a subsisting relationship *AND* have been living in the UK for at least two years? If so, call one of the IND offices below. If not, go to step 5.

Are you eligible for any of the concessions that the Home Office has sponsored? The Home Office can act to regularise family immigration status if various conditions are met. There are also some long-term concessions for people who have been here for 7, 10, and 14 years. Concessions are usually time-limited and somewhat complex, and you would need to approach an advisor to learn which concessions are available to you. If you are not eligle for a concession, go to step 6.

Are your circumstances compelling enough to warrant discretionary or compassionate casework? The Home Office has authority to use discretionary powers which override the normal rules, and they can grant Exceptional Leave to Remain if your circumstances warrant it. You cannot apply directly for discretionary treatment - there are no forms - the Home Office will examine the merits of your case and issue a ruling. If your case does not warrant discretionary treatment, go to step 7.

If you have reached this step, you have three remaining options:
Turn yourself in to an IND office and hope for the best. This is best approached by simultaneously applying for an extension of your visa; To do this,
download the FLR(O) form and complete it,
then prepare a cover letter that gives a detailed account of your circumstances, and
then gather the other documentation the Home Office needs in order to make a determination on your case; and finally
make an appointment at one of the Port Offices listed below,
Applications are also accepted by mail or in person (the instructions are on the FLR(O) form), and you will normally be allowed to remain in the UK legally while your application is being considered. Your chances of success depend upon which of the above categories you fall into, and the relative merits of your case.
Leave the UK, possibly encountering exit controls at your debarkation point; or
Remain illegal, possibly compounding matters when you are eventually caught.
Some interesting quotes from those who went underground and were eventually caught are given here.

As a final note, it is not generally advisable or productive to use internet forums for advice about overstaying. The rules change frequently, and few people on the internet have direct and applicable experience in overstays anyway.
Re: Visa by kentony(m): 3:17pm On Sep 27, 2006
is there anyone who can tell me how i can get a visa 4 my mum to dubai

and how much will it cost for me to do that for her,
Re: Visa by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 27, 2006
go to dubai embassy and find out!
Re: Visa by kentony(m): 3:36pm On Sep 27, 2006
david how much do u know about it, i mean the processing of the visa.
Re: Visa by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 27, 2006
I do not work at the Dubai embassy, your best method of getting your questions answered is not through this medium but by paying a visit to the embassy!

Besides, why would i be interested in knowing how to travel to Dubai, to get killed or forced to convert to Islam in the name of one certain Allah?
Re: Visa by OldGlory1(m): 5:34pm On Sep 27, 2006
Visa to Dubai from Nigeria is free and everyone is approved. I think you should go to any reputable Travel Agent and they will get one for you. It is the easiest visa to get.
Re: Visa by iice(f): 5:58pm On Sep 27, 2006
How come people never know that you have to go an embassy for visa or atleast a travel agent to guide you through undecided
Re: Visa by onatisi(m): 6:38pm On Sep 27, 2006
dubai visa is not expensive at all , and by the way for the information of davidlyan , the united arab emirates does not have an embassy here in nigeria , visa processing to dubai takes like 2 weeks and u will only be isuued a tourist v visa u cant work . .
the visa is like that of qatar , it is sent sometime in the form of email , u will be issued the original visa at the point of entry at the dubai international airport . no stress let me know when u are ready . thanks guys
Re: Visa by more2(m): 3:41pm On Sep 28, 2006
i can only say, i know how you can get South African Visa, under 21 days for sure, For a fee,

But i head that dubia visa is free, and also to get chiness visa is easy too,

Peace
Re: Visa by dwheels76: 5:59pm On Jun 25, 2011
Hey Davidylan.

I know this is a very old thread but caught my eye. Have a friend who is in the same situation in Nigeria. If they overstayed (its been 6 weeks) and they are trying to get a flight out. Immigration will no longer deal with them and said accept your fate.

So I am asking when he goes to airport to leave what will happen? Do you still get to leave without a exit visa. Immigration just said you better go. So we advise him to try and get a flight out ASAP.

Just when I say all the choices for the UK mum they seem to really ant to help and not criminalize the person. My friend has a finance' here and wants to be able to come back. Now immigration did send him a letter of a pardon of expired Visa, and to extend VIsa they said 24 days of which was already expired and they expected him gone within 24 hours. But it was impossible for him to leave and he notified them.

Thank,
Concerned

He's jst scared to go to airport and get stuck with more fines (already has paid N100,000 to immigration). BUt if he shows at airport they will not deport him right?

(1) (Reply)

Travelling To Sa (advice Needed ) / The Conman Got 7 Years In Jail After 16 Years Of Immigration Scam / Where Is The Best Place To Get A Yellow Card For Travelling Purpose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.