Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,675 members, 7,820,370 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? (3791 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Debate An Atheist / How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 22, 2015
What is the purpose of this life?

Everything seems pointless to me.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 22, 2015
undecided
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by johnydon22(m): 3:09pm On Jul 22, 2015
[b] Purpose of anything is subjective to the individual. . . Purpose of life is an individual matter and your purpose in life is exactly what you make it out OR want it to be.

Some people determine their purpose in life is to chase after the shadow of paradise in an afterlife, therefore paying little mind to this one life that we all are sure is real.

As an agnostic atheist i have many purpose independent of external influence but mine and chasing the fantasy of afterlife is not one of them for me.
Neglecting the earth for paradise is like neglecting substance for shadow.

My purpose in life all revolves around Me, family, friends, Kids, Earth, and enjoying my life the much i can.
Ensuring i make the most out the one life i have.

A life filled with Love, charity, friendship, music, laughter, adventure, intellectual satisfaction, peace, study, tears, forgiveness, happiness, risk, pains, JOY. . . . What more can i ask of myself. . .

My purpose is to be happy, and the time to be happy is now, where to be happy is here, where we are (planet earth) and how to be happy is to make others happy
[/b]

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 22, 2015
If everything seems meaningless to u,den u kill ursef,no time to waste mehn wink

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by johnydon22(m): 3:14pm On Jul 22, 2015
onomeglo:
If everything seems meaningless to u,den u kill ursef,no time to waste mehn wink
Lol. . . Life is too short to include suicide. . .Just wait a little while you will soon die. . Op should just hang around for a while wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 22, 2015
johnydon22:
Lol. . . Life is too short to include suicide. . .Just wait a little while you will soon die. . Op should just hang around for a while wink
no need to wait joorh,he needs short cut na
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 22, 2015
johnydon22:
[b] Purpose of anything is subjective to the individual. . . Purpose of life is an individual matter and your purpose in life is exactly what you make it out OR want it to be.

Some people determine their purpose in life is to chase after the shadow of paradise in an afterlife, therefore paying little mind to this one life that we all are sure is real.

As an agnostic atheist i have many purpose independent of external influence but mine and chasing the fantasy of afterlife is not one of them for me.
Neglecting the earth for paradise is like neglecting substance for shadow.

My purpose in life all revolves around Me, family, friends, Kids, Earth, and enjoying my life the much i can.
Ensuring i make the most out the one life i have.

A life filled with Love, charity, friendship, music, laughter, adventure, intellectual satisfaction, peace, study, tears, forgiveness, happiness, risk, pains, JOY. . . . What more can i ask of myself. . .

My purpose is to be happy, and the time to be happy is now, where to be happy is here, where we are (planet earth) and how to be happy is to make others happy
[/b]

After all that, what next? undecided
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by johnydon22(m): 3:21pm On Jul 22, 2015
Dapo777:

After all that, what next? undecided
You follow the characteristics of every living organism MR NIGER [size=20]D[/size] am sure you know the meaning of that from your biology class smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by johnydon22(m): 3:23pm On Jul 22, 2015
onomeglo:
Lol. . . You wicked ooo !!!
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 22, 2015
onomeglo:

I hope you know wherever you are typing this, u can die in the ñext minute? undecided
If you are in a building, a truck can ram into the building and kill u instantly? The building can collapse over you, next few minutes
And thats the end of it all. And then they will cry on ur funeral, after some years u are forgotten undecided

Whats d meaning of this life to u?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 22, 2015
johnydon22:
Lol. . . You wicked ooo !!!
lolz
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by Idrismusty97(m): 3:27pm On Jul 22, 2015
There is no purpose of life, Just make it worthwhile since you have no where else to go after death. Make sure you die with a smile in your face...Looking back at all your accomplishment.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 22, 2015
onomeglo:

Short cut to what exactly? Thats what i dont know. undecided
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 22, 2015
johnydon22:
You follow the characteristics of every living organism MR NIGER [size=20]D[/size] am sure you know the meaning of that from your biology class smiley

Yes i know everyone would die, but does that make life more meaningful? undecided
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by johnydon22(m): 3:29pm On Jul 22, 2015
Dapo777:

Yes i know everyone would die, but does that make life more meaningful? undecided
Something that is not alive cannot die, so DEATH gives meaning to LIFE because they negate each other

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 22, 2015
Dapo777:

I hope you know wherever you are typing this, u can die in the ñext minute? undecided
If you are in a building, a truck can ram into the building and kill u instantly? The building can collapse over you, next few minutes
And thats the end of it all. And then they will cry on ur funeral, after some years u are forgotten undecided

well,that's the irony of life take heart bro undecided
Dapo777:

well,that's the irony of life take heart bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by johnydon22(m): 3:31pm On Jul 22, 2015
Idrismusty97:
There is no purpose of life, Just make it worthwhile since you have no where else to go after death. Make sure you die with a smile in your face...Looking back at all your accomplishment.
Yes bro, There is no stipulated purpose only the one you give yourself

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 22, 2015
Idrismusty97:

Hmmmm, that makes sense to an extent at least. But my accomplishments, how would they add more meaning to life?
Is there anythiñg like meaning?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 22, 2015
Op, i understand ur feelings.... I was once in ur shoes...
U knw what? U cant get answers to everything in life.
Just live ur life and let others live theirs..... Then u re good to go.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 22, 2015
onomeglo:
well,that's the irony of life take heart bro undecidedwell,that's the irony of life take heart bro

U still haven't said anything sensible
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 22, 2015
Dapo777:

U still haven't said anything sensible
ok undecided
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 22, 2015
johnydon22:
Something that is not alive cannot die, so DEATH gives meaning to LIFE because they negate each other

Hmmmm
Then it goes to say that non living matters have a more meaningful life than we the living matters. They don't have any feelings, any worries, any stress, they just exist for eternity, they dont get destroyed, they just get transformed and keep existing , and that's it, nothing disturbs them, nothing bothers them, they don't even have to do anything, and ultimately they don't look for any meaning. That's more meaningful
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by theunusualmoon(m): 4:15pm On Jul 22, 2015
I just hope you're not planning to commit...sorry;do anything funny?
The purpose of life is to live and die.How you live,what you live for,where you live and those you choose to live with is absolutely determined by you(95% of the time) when,where,how(and those you die with) is(95% of the time) not determined by you.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 22, 2015
krattoss:
Op, i understand ur feelings.... I was once in ur shoes...

U knw what? U cant get answers to everything in life.

Just live ur life and let others live theirs..... Then u re good to go.

You will live for about 75-85 years on a 4 billion years old earth, a planet among trillions of other planets, in a universe thats infinistimally larger than the earth over a trillion times over again, how significant do you think such life is?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 22, 2015
theunusualmoon:
I just hope you're not planning to commit...sorry;do anything funny?
The purpose of life is to live and die.How you live,what you live for,where you live and those you choose to live with is absolutely determined by you(95% of the time) when,where,how(and those you die with) is(95% of the time) not determined by you.

So? undecided
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 22, 2015
Dapo777:

You will live for about 75-85 years on a 4 billion years old earth, a planet among trillions of other planets, in a universe thats infinistimally larger than the earth over a trillion times over again, how significant do you think such life is?
as i rightly said before, u cant get all u seek in life, so as u cant get all answers to all ur questions about life.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by onetrack(m): 4:27pm On Jul 22, 2015
Remember that for some people who believe in God, their purpose in life is to kill others who don't share their beliefs. That is not anything I regard as positive.

I find my own meaning in life. Since religions are man-made, if you accept what they say is your purpose in life, you are just letting other, long-dead humans tell you how to live your life. Why do that?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by johnydon22(m): 4:32pm On Jul 22, 2015
Dapo777:

Hmmmm
Then it goes to say that non living matters have a more meaningful life than we the living matters. They don't have any feelings, any worries, any stress, they just exist for eternity, they dont get destroyed, they just get transformed and keep existing , and that's it, nothing disturbs them, nothing bothers them, they don't even have to do anything, and ultimately they don't look for any meaning. That's more meaningful
Like i said before, meaning to YOUR life is what YOU give it.

TO ME all these things you mentioned above that none living things lack.
Worries, stress, emotions, add others like pains, tears, joy, happiness, fear, sadness, smiles, laughter and death. .Are exactly what makes LIFE meaningful.

And remember when you die, you become a none living matter smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by theunusualmoon(m): 4:36pm On Jul 22, 2015
Dapo777:

So? undecided
The purpose of life is to live and die.
You have not lived if you haven't found something to die for and you cannot die if you haven't lived.
The purpose of life is to live and die.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 22, 2015
johnydon22:

Worries, stress, emotions, add others like pains, tears, joy, happiness, fear, sadness, smiles, laughter and death. .Are exactly what makes LIFE meaningful.

If life means anything I give it to mean, then it means life is a mirage, a fiction and not real.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 22, 2015
onetrack:
Remember that for some people who believe in God, their purpose in life is to kill others who don't share their beliefs. That is not anything I regard as positive.

I find my own meaning in life. Since religions are man-made, if you accept what they say is your purpose in life, you are just letting other, long-dead humans tell you how to live your life. Why do that?

I Never planned on turning to religion to find meaning. Its quite senseless to me.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life, As An Atheist? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
johnydon22:

If life is real, life should have specific values and meanings, if I can get to choose the meaning of life then it means life isn't real. Just like the god of war kratos, someone choose the personality, appearance, the voice of kratos for him because kratos isn't real.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo: Christians Now Practicing Polygamy And Even Call To It / Book Of Acts (Learn from the Apostles & the early church) / God Plans To Destroy The Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.