Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? (2975 Views)

Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by drcalux(m): 10:15am On Sep 26, 2006
Jehovahs witnesses and Catholic, which is better when it comes to their ways of worshiping God?[b][/b]
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by olutomiwa(m): 2:49pm On Sep 29, 2006
why do u want 2 know?if u ask me dat was a stupid question,religion is somethn personal,if u dont know now u do angry
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by carmelily: 3:05pm On Sep 29, 2006
what kind of question is this? it's senseless. it's a question of faith, every man to his own.

six and half a dozen which is better?
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by irefunke(f): 9:10pm On Sep 29, 2006
Don't let us be harsh with our responses to topics.We can't think the same way.More so,he threw a topic open. So, let us rub ideas, thoughts, minds e.t.c together. Someone out their could benefit from a logical response and not derogatory comments.Thanks.
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by jizziugo: 7:56pm On Jan 01, 2011
Catholic - we are christians Jehovahs witnesses do not follow the bible properly
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by Ymodulus: 1:02am On Jan 02, 2011
jizziugo:

Catholic - we are christians Jehovahs witnesses do not follow the bible properly
the boded statement is false. JEHOVAH's witness is the only true and right christian associatio, dont think am a witness am not am an atheist. Your claim of Jehovahs witnesses not following the bible properly is a false claim, and i will be glad to expantiate your knowledge where you are lacking.
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by PRINCE4CHRIST(m): 3:24pm On Jan 02, 2011
@Poster
What do u take catholics to be?
Instead of u to mind ur church and worship ur God in spirit and in truth u come here to condemn or judge religion. No church in heaven so worship ur God the way u knows best. Stop ur criticitism.
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:34am On May 23, 2012
Hahaha, are you trying to insult catholics or what? It will interest you to know that both your church and the witnesses are breakaway from the catholic church. You cant compare the source to the tint breakaway so i think the right question is suppose to be about your church and the witness which one is better?
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 11:52am On May 23, 2012
I pirry a lot of N/L peeps with their total disrespect for God... smh
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by ijawkid(m): 1:43pm On May 23, 2012
If we are to weight them on a scale I think d witnesses are better.....

They dnt engage in idolatry.......

They dnt believe in an inferno,

They are neutral in politics and war...

and as a group collectively and as individuals they practice what they learn

I so like that about them......
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:24am On May 25, 2012
ijawkid: If we are to weight them on a scale I think d witnesses are better.....

what scale are u using? Where did u get the idea that catholic practice idolatry? So you are happy that witness believe there is no hell fire right? And for ur information the CC is not in politic and war is all about the right principle but the CC for a long time hasnt supported war. I have witnesses in my family and they dont practice anything. It is really a bad idea to compare the two and you did a really bad job trying to compare.
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:26am On May 25, 2012
ijawkid: If we are to weight them on a scale I think d witnesses are better.....

i forgot to add that they dont believe that man has a soul
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by buzugee(m): 10:40am On May 25, 2012
ill sooner eat a bowl of cyanide than pick a choice from the options. you have to look at logicboy to see how the catholic church can make you a deranged individual lol. and i aint feeling jehovahs wickedness with their pamphlets containing white jesus and white moses and all that foolishness
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by ijawkid(m): 11:53am On May 25, 2012
buzugee: ill sooner eat a bowl of cyanide than pick a choice from the options. you have to look at logicboy to see how the catholic church can make you a deranged individual lol. and i aint feeling jehovahs wickedness with their pamphlets containing white jesus and white moses and all that foolishness

Hahahahahahahahahaha

So d white Jesus and moses is d problem u got with them

Lmao......

They kinda arabians if u ask me.....

Shuld they have been black?

Lol
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by buzugee(m): 1:35pm On May 25, 2012
ijawkid:

Hahahahahahahahahaha

So d white Jesus and moses is d problem u got with them

Lmao......

They kinda arabians if u ask me.....

Shuld they have been black?

Lol
amongst other things grin grin

oh yeah they should have been black. ( lamentations 4 vs 8 ) ( lamentations 5 vs 10 )
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by ijawkid(m): 5:17pm On May 25, 2012
Ubenedictus: what scale are u using? Where did u get the idea that catholic practice idolatry? So you are happy that witness believe there is no hell fire right? And for ur information the CC is not in politic and war is all about the right principle but the CC for a long time hasnt supported war. I have witnesses in my family and they dont practice anything. It is really a bad idea to compare the two and you did a really bad job trying to compare.

Oboy so ur telling me no cathoic member goes to war or has supported tribal wars or nationalistic wars in this our recent times?

Who are u telling that to
Me?

Don't let logic boy meet u here to give u some hi§tory........

As iÑdividuals and as a group d catholics have supported wars and d worlds poilitics.....

Jehovahs witnesses are totally neutral both as individuals and as a group.....

U forget how ya popes spare headed d crusades.got involved in the both world wars.....
Who are some of d soldiers in the U.S marines that have gone to fight wars for there country

What
About thÉ biafra war?
Didn't catholic members get involved??

As a group and as individuals catholics will always support wars.........
Its a fact......

Where do u think d other christian denominations got d thinking that christians shuld engage in d politics of this world if it was nt d papacy who started it

Or have u thrown away ur history books??

I compare because of what I see d witnesses believe and do.....

Abi na lie
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by ijawkid(m): 5:18pm On May 25, 2012
buzugee: amongst other things grin grin

oh yeah they should have been black. ( lamentations 4 vs 8 ) ( lamentations 5 vs 10 )

Then mayb next time u hold a black crayon to paint those pix black.....
Lol
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:24pm On May 25, 2012
ijawkid:

Oboy so ur telling me no cathoic member goes to war or has supported tribal wars or nationalistic wars in this our recent times?
i think you misunderstood my point, catholic member have supported some war and im sure that there are protestants in the army, but the church hasnt expressed support for wars in recent times.
Who are u telling that to
Me?
Don't let logic boy meet u here to give u some hi§tory........
i have no problem with logic boy it seems you misunderstood my point.
As iÑdividuals and as a group d catholics have supported wars and d worlds poilitics.....
Jehovahs witnesses are totally neutral both as individuals and as a group.....
how can a christain group preach that its member should not participate in politic Is that right The church does not preach any particular party so i consider it neutral.

U forget how ya popes spare headed d crusades.got involved in the both world wars.....
Who are some of d soldiers in the U.S marines that have gone to fight wars for there country
the crusades happened many centuries ago and im talking about recent time. The marines in the US are both catholics, protestant and atheist.

What
About thÉ biafra war?
Didn't catholic members get involved??
didnt protestants get involved? The catholic church was neutral to the biafra war. Cant you show me one letter from the vatican that supported the war?? No?? The church didnt support that war.
As a group and as individuals catholics will always support wars.........
Its a fact......

Where do u think d other christian denominations got d thinking that christians shuld engage in d politics of this world if it was nt d papacy who started it

Or have u thrown away ur history books??

I compare because of what I see d witnesses believe and do.....
i thought protestants got it from the bible, the papacy in recent times has been political neutral. It teach the christain should be good leader just like the bible preaches but the church is not and does not support a political party

Abi na lie[/quote] good post ijawguy it is true that many catholic support some war as it is sometime necessary to use limited violence to rescue the oppressed from the hands of an unjust oppressor, just open your bible and you will find instance. The catholic church hasnt as a body supported any war for about 100years. Please provide proof that the catholic church support the 2 world wars
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by ijawkid(m): 9:22pm On May 25, 2012
Ubenedictus: i think you misunderstood my point, catholic member have supported some war and im sure that there are protestants in the army, but the church hasnt expressed support for wars in recent times.
i have no problem with logic boy it seems you misunderstood my point.

how can a christain group preach that its member should not participate in politic Is that right The church does not preach any particular party so i consider it neutral.
the crusades happened many centuries ago and im talking about recent time. The marines in the US are both catholics, protestant and atheist.
didnt protestants get involved? The catholic church was neutral to the biafra war. Cant you show me one letter from the vatican that supported the war?? No?? The church didnt support that war.
i thought protestants got it from the bible, the papacy in recent times has been political neutral. It teach the christain should be good leader just like the bible preaches but the church is not and does not support a political party

Abi na lie good post ijawguy it is true that many catholic support some war as it is sometime necessary to use limited violence to rescue the oppressed from the hands of an unjust oppressor, just open your bible and you will find instance. The catholic church hasnt as a body supported any war for about 100years. Please provide proof that the catholic church support the 2 world wars

U can keep on denying my bro.....

Keep on!!!!!!!

If nigeria goes to war today won't ur fellow catholics join in fighting for nigeria?

Won't u urself pick up a gun all in d name of defending ur nation?

Haven't we watched ur Fathers and priests pray for d army to go to war?

Oboy if u want proof go and read ur history,,,............

The catholic church has always been in d fore front of this worlds politics and wars......

Soon u'll start denying what u guys did with d crusade.......

I said as a group and as individual catholics u guys have supported wars....

My relatives who were stunch catholics took part in d biafra war....I know ur relations did too....
Stop denying bro

Am I wrong??
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by buzugee(m): 11:00pm On May 25, 2012
ijawkid:

Then mayb next time u hold a black crayon to paint those pix black.....
Lol
great point. how come i didnt think of that angry angry lol
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by daminakambai: 10:02am On May 26, 2012
are there only catholics and johova witnesses in the bible religion? where do we place other sects in this argument?
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by newmusic: 12:58pm On May 26, 2012
Give it to Jehovah Witness, I am not a member anyway... I read their books a lot and I have gained a lot from them and I went to a catholic school where we recite the Angeles every day. They are both good though but Jehovah Witness to me is better...
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:35pm On May 26, 2012
ijawkid:

U can keep on denying my bro.....

Keep on!!!!!!!

If nigeria goes to war today won't ur fellow catholics join in fighting for nigeria?
good question, wont protestants go to war? The engagement of war in catholicism should only happen when all other measures have fail or when it is necessary to resue the oppressed from an unjust oppressor or to defend when attacked in these case a war may be just. Tell me that there are no protestants in the army.
Won't u urself pick up a gun all in d name of defending ur nation?
no i wont unless i have the enemy in my backyard trying to attack my family.
Haven't we watched ur Fathers and priests pray for d army to go to war?
that was some centuries ago. It hasnt happened in recent times

Oboy if u want proof go and read ur history,,,............
atleast the vatican never supported any of the recent wars

The catholic church has always been in d fore front of this worlds politics and wars......
that is a overgeneralisation, the church has not alway been in all wars in human history. The church was not in word war 1 and2 she was not in iran iraq, isreal gaza, israel lebanon. In recent times the church has been neutral in war.

Soon u'll start denying what u guys did with d crusade.......
the church has already accepted responsibility for the crusades nobody is deneying that. The crusade happened centuries ago. The crusade is not a recent war. The crusade was to free jerusalem that was captured by the muslims. I told you before that a war is considered just when against an unjust oppressor.
I said as a group and as individual catholics u guys have supported wars....
that is true to an extent my arguement is that the church has a whole, the vatican to be specific has not support any war in recent times.

My relatives who were stunch catholics took part in d biafra war....I know ur relations did too....
well according to the principles used by st thomas of aquinas, the biafra war should never have happened. There were many available ways to resolve the issues. My relatives didnt support nor did they anything to do with the biafra war, im from the then middle belt, the biafra war didnt affect us and we didnt fight in it
Stop denying bro
Am I wrong??
you are wrong in some things, i was talking about recent times. The time the crusades happened the protestant churches had not even existed. Im not trying to deny anything, i simply want a fair discussion
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:44pm On May 26, 2012
newmusic: Give it to Jehovah Witness, I am not a member anyway... I read their books a lot and I have gained a lot from them and I went to a catholic school where we recite the Angeles every day. They are both good though but Jehovah Witness to me is better...
just a little correction, catholic dont have a prayer called angeles but they have a prayer called 'angelus' (it means 'the angel' the prayer is called angelus becos that is among the first words of the prayer). I also read their books the most surprising thing i found is that they dont believe that a human has a soul. Your post shows your opinion and i respect it
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:46pm On May 26, 2012
daminakambai: are there only catholics and johova witnesses in the bible religion? where do we place other sects in this argument?
good question
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by callydon(m): 9:43pm On May 26, 2012
Ubenedictus: just a little correction, catholic dont have a prayer called angeles but they have a prayer called 'angelus' (it means 'the angel' the prayer is called angelus becos that is among the first words of the prayer). I also read their books the most surprising thing i found is that they dont believe that a human has a soul. Your post shows your opinion and i respect it
i dn't normally comment on
such issues as dis but i hate it wen people use wrong premise to come to a fallacious conclusion. The catholics believe dat man is made UP of d body, spirit, soul n mind. I believe no church is PERFECT n ur church won't take u to heaven,its only a means of attaining heaven.Having said dat,am nt going to criticise any church, but d ONLY thing I can't get abt d WITNESSES is there believe dat there's no HELL,wen d evidence of hell is scattered throughout d new testament.
I Rest My Case.
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by italo: 10:32pm On May 26, 2012
callydon:

I believe no church is PERFECT n ur church won't take u to heaven,its only a means of attaining heaven.

Matt 16: 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

It does seem like The Church can take you (of course, with your 'co-operation') to heaven...and also shut you out of heaven (if you don't co-operate), according to Jesus' words.

THE CHURCH he built on Peter the rock.
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by italo: 10:32pm On May 26, 2012
callydon:

I believe no church is PERFECT n ur church won't take u to heaven,its only a means of attaining heaven.

Matt 16: 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

It does seem like The Church can take you (of course, with your 'co-operation') to heaven...and also shut you out of heaven (if you don't co-operate), according to Jesus' words.

"THE CHURCH" he built on Peter the rock.
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by ijawkid(m): 10:43pm On May 26, 2012
callydon:
i dn't normally comment on
such issues as dis but i hate it wen people use wrong premise to come to a fallacious conclusion. The catholics believe dat man is made UP of d body, spirit, soul n mind. I believe no church is PERFECT n ur church won't take u to heaven,its only a means of attaining heaven.Having said dat,am nt going to criticise any church, but d ONLY thing I can't get abt d WITNESSES is there believe dat there's no HELL,wen d evidence of hell is scattered throughout d new testament.
I Rest My Case.

What is hell?

Do u mean hell fire??
Lake of fire??

Or what??

Because there r many............

There might be purgatory toO
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by ijawkid(m): 10:52pm On May 26, 2012
italo:

"THE CHURCH" he built on Peter the rock.

So whose d rock??

Jesus said he is d rock...........

And now peter tooo.............

Mayb a 2nity rock is in action.........

What do u tink?

I sabi find trouble o

Lol

Mayb peter is a demi rock,..........

Or mayb he isn't d rock @ all
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by italo: 11:57pm On May 26, 2012
What do you need?

A pair of glasses, or an English teacher?
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by ijawkid(m): 12:18am On May 27, 2012
italo: What do you need?

A pair of glasses, or an English teacher?

Answer me naaa

I asked u questions..........

Is peter d rock or Jesus

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reflection/homily: Fourth (4th) Sunday Of Easter Year C (good Shepherd Sunday) / If He Exists, God Is Not Someone I Want To Follow / A Photo Of Barack Obama Singing Hymn In A Church On Easter Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.