Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,692 members, 7,820,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? (2979 Views)

Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by italo: 12:27am On May 27, 2012
The answer is in my post. That's why I asked if its your sight that's bad or your understanding of the language.
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by callydon(m): 12:30am On May 27, 2012
ijawkid:

What is hell?

Do u mean hell fire??
Lake of fire??

Or what??

Because there r many............

There might be purgatory toO
Bros it doesn't mind what name U call it. One thing is clear; SINNERS WILL BE PUNISHED IN A PLACE OF FIRE. Whether U call it hell,hell fire,lake of fire or woteva...
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by ijawkid(m): 12:49am On May 27, 2012
callydon:
Bros it doesn't mind what name U call it. One thing is clear; SINNERS WILL BE PUNISHED IN A PLACE OF FIRE. Whether U call it hell,hell fire,lake of fire or woteva...

It doesn't mind what name I call it??

Realy?

It might surprise u to know that Jesus went to hell and stayed for 3days..................

Define what hell means my bro and let's get on with it.................

You can't just mention d word hell and think its final............

Let§ analyze and see what it is............

Like I said earlier there is also d lake of fire and it will surprise u to actually knw what it is ........

I believe u already know
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:29pm On May 27, 2012
ijawkid:

Answer me naaa

I asked u questions..........

Is peter d rock or Jesus
it seem you have never heard of delegated authority. Well that is what happened, Jesus the rock per excellence delegated and granted peter authority and power as a rock for his church on earth. I think st cyril has that explanation.
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:33pm On May 27, 2012
ijawkid:

It doesn't mind what name I call it??

Realy?

It might surprise u to know that Jesus went to hell and stayed for 3days..................

Define what hell means my bro and let's get on with it.................

You can't just mention d word hell and think its final............

Let§ analyze and see what it is............

Like I said earlier there is also d lake of fire and it will surprise u to actually knw what it is ........

I believe u already know
learn please the word translated for hell in Jesus case is 'hades' or 'shoel'. It does not mean hell fire, it mean a place where the saints rested before the death of christ. The words used for the true hell fire are usually 'gehena' lake of fire etc
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:35pm On May 27, 2012
callydon:
i dn't normally comment on
such issues as dis but i hate it wen people use wrong premise to come to a fallacious conclusion. The catholics believe dat man is made UP of d body, spirit, soul n mind. I believe no church is PERFECT n ur church won't take u to heaven,its only a means of attaining heaven.Having said dat,am nt going to criticise any church, but d ONLY thing I can't get abt d WITNESSES is there believe dat there's no HELL,wen d evidence of hell is scattered throughout d new testament.
I Rest My Case.
you misunderstood my point. The johova witness do not believe that a human being have a soul. Any witness here can clarify
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by ijawkid(m): 10:05pm On May 27, 2012
Ubenedictus: learn please the word translated for hell in Jesus case is 'hades' or 'shoel'. It does not mean hell fire, it mean a place where the saints rested before the death of christ. The words used for the true hell fire are usually 'gehena' lake of fire etc

What is d lake of fire my brother

A literal burning furnace or what??

Shuld we go to revelations??

Some1 can't cme Ùp here and talk about hell as if he knew what he was saÝin.................

Jesus went to hell I'm happy u knw that......................
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:38pm On May 28, 2012
ijawkid:

What is d lake of fire my brother

A literal burning furnace or what??

Shuld we go to revelations??

Some1 can't cme Ùp here and talk about hell as if he knew what he was saÝin.................

Jesus went to hell I'm happy u knw that......................

Jesus went to hades he didnt go to gehena get that in your head
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by italo: 8:39pm On May 28, 2012
So you want him to describe hell in detail before you know there is hell?

Like the Atheists want us to describe God in detail before they believe there is God...
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by ijawkid(m): 9:00pm On May 28, 2012
italo: So you want him to describe hell in detail before you know there is hell?

Like the Atheists want us to describe God in detail before they believe there is God...

Hell is hades my bro......

Hell is sheol.....................

That's what hell is............

Infact why am I even using d word ""hell""??

Should it be in d bible in the 1st place?

Is the word hell spelt or intended in the hebrew/greek scriptures...............

This hell fire mythology needs to be squashed once and for all..
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by italo: 4:17am On May 29, 2012
@ ijawkid,

What is "gehenna?"
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by adaybayor(m): 6:55am On May 29, 2012
jizziugo: Catholic - we are christians Jehovahs witnesses do not follow the bible properly

Stop đ lie, non đ denominations foillow đ bible properly, u choose what and what not to believe, simple!!!
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by ijawkid(m): 8:29am On May 29, 2012
italo: @ ijawkid,

What is "gehenna?"

"Gehenna" is the Greek form of the
Hebrew "ge-hinnom." It literally means "valley
of Hinnom" Sometimes it is referred to as the
"valley of the sons of Hinnom." In the Old
Testament "Tophet(h)" also refers to this
place. "Gehenna" is a valley that lays on the
west and southwest of Jerusalem. In the
valley, Israel offered up its children as a
burnt offering to a god who came to be known
as Moloch.....

Gehennah's location is known......

If u want I could take u there.................
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by ZUBY77(m): 8:36am On May 29, 2012
Jehovas witness is by far the best Religion here in Nigeria. They started telling us the truth from the beginning. They asked us to live good life in this world and enjoy it while other ones are pointing upwards and scamming us. Telling us of the God above who will bless us if we give them our money.
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:14am On May 29, 2012
ijawkid:

"Gehenna" is the Greek form of the
Hebrew "ge-hinnom." It literally means "valley
of Hinnom" Sometimes it is referred to as the
"valley of the sons of Hinnom." In the Old
Testament "Tophet(h)" also refers to this
place. "Gehenna" is a valley that lays on the
west and southwest of Jerusalem. In the
valley, Israel offered up its children as a
burnt offering to a god who came to be known
as Moloch.....

Gehennah's location is known......

If u want I could take u there.................
i see, the usual arguement over terminology right? The word gehena, lake of fire and sulphur, prison, is used in the new testament when talking about the fate of the sinner after death or the abode of demon. It doesnt mean a geographical location, that location is the imaginery used to describe the unpleasant state of the dead sinner, read your bible.
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by ijawkid(m): 2:23pm On May 29, 2012
Ubenedictus: i see, the usual arguement over terminology right? The word gehena, lake of fire and sulphur, prison, is used in the new testament when talking about the fate of the sinner after death or the abode of demon. It doesnt mean a geographical location, that location is the imaginery used to describe the unpleasant state of the dead sinner, read your bible.

Oh imaginary

The valley of hinnom

U need to read ya bible more bro...........

That valley was a known location in isreal............

The word ""hell"" isn't even suppose to be in d bible more or else ""hell fire"".................

I bet u know that

This myth called hell fire is one of d greatest false doctrines in christendom that has realy infact made many to stop serving God.............

Purgatory,limbo all of them.........

Crazy crazy crazy.............
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:39pm On May 30, 2012
I think you are pushing your luck
ijawkid:

Oh imaginary

The valley of hinnom
U need to read ya bible more bro...........

That valley was a known location in isreal............
yeah it was, so when Jesus said dead sinners will be in that valley what did he mean? Have you read the parable of the rich man and lazarus? Hell was the word used to denote 'valley of hinnom' when it appears to talk about the dead. Jesus also made parable of the weed that are thrown into the fire. Now tell me are u saying that Jesus is telling them that the dead sinners will be in the valley of hinnom? Or was he using that imaginery to describe the abode of sinners? I deny the abode of sinners after death is just one large heresy like saying that a human doesnt have a soul.

The word ""hell"" isn't even suppose to be in d bible more or else ""hell fire"".................

I bet u know that

This myth called hell fire is one of d greatest false doctrines in christendom that has realy infact made many to stop serving God.............

Purgatory,limbo all of them.........

Crazy crazy crazy.............

aha it seem you are trying to divert from the topic.
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by profeoo(m): 10:38pm On Dec 24, 2012
ijawkid:

Oboy so ur telling me no cathoic member goes to war or has supported tribal wars or nationalistic wars in this our recent times?

Who are u telling that to
Me?

Don't let logic boy meet u here to give u some hi§tory........

As iÑdividuals and as a group d catholics have supported wars and d worlds poilitics.....

Jehovahs witnesses are totally neutral both as individuals and as a group.....

U forget how ya popes spare headed d crusades.got involved in the both world wars.....
Who are some of d soldiers in the U.S marines that have gone to fight wars for there country

What
About thÉ biafra war?
Didn't catholic members get involved??

As a group and as individuals catholics will always support wars.........
Its a fact......

Where do u think d other christian denominations got d thinking that christians shuld engage in d politics of this world if it was nt d papacy who started it

Or have u thrown away ur history books??

I compare because of what I see d witnesses believe and do.....

Abi na lie
oboy ur head dey thr. Apart 4rm their members engaging in wars,it is stil d pope dat pray 4dem 2go and fight. Hv these dudes 4goten dat our warfare aint physical . . .? Case closed

1 Like

Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:07am On Aug 13, 2022
Ubenedictus:
Hahaha, are you trying to insult catholics or what? It will interest you to know that both your church and the witnesses are breakaway from the catholic church. You cant compare the source to the tint breakaway so i think the right question is suppose to be about your church and the witness which one is better?

On the contrary Catholicism is a pagan Roman religion that sufficed after the brutal killings of all the Apostles who were pioneers of the real Christianity.
That's why right thinking individuals were PROTESTING against Catholics which led to the creation of numerous sects all claiming denominations in Christendom.
Catholics are pagans any reader can pick up the Bible and before you complete the book of Exodus you would have seen clearly that there is no correlation between the Catholics and the Bible God! smiley

1 Like

Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:43pm On Aug 16, 2022
yet you all broke away from catholicism, then you are all pagans
MaxInDHouse:

On the contrary Catholicism is a pagan Roman religion that sufficed after the brutal killings of all the Apostles who were pioneers of the real Christianity.
That's why right thinking individuals were PROTESTING against Catholics which led to the creation of numerous sects all claiming denominations in Christendom.
Catholics are pagans any reader can pick up the Bible and before you complete the book of Exodus you would have seen clearly that there is no correlation between the Catholics and the Bible God! smiley
Re: Catholic And Jehovah's Witnesses, Which Is Better? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:36pm On Aug 16, 2022
Ubenedictus:

yet you all broke away from catholicism, then you are all pagans

Naaaaaaaaaa!
Abraham is the father of all those having faith {Romans 4:9-11} yet Abraham broke away from pagan worship! Genesis 12:1

So the spiritual offsprings of Abraham are people who abandoned paganism and walk into the house of faith {Revelations 18:4} if you are still practicing Catholicism today it simply means your ancestors who never had the opportunity to hear what you're hearing today are better than you from God's standpoint! Luke 11:28 compare to Matthew 7:24-27 smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Do Souls of Animals Go??? / 8 Questions For Nairaland Atheists. / If Jesus Were Alive Today He Will Be Declared WANTED For The Following (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.