Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,589 members, 7,958,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:27 AM

Oliseh: 'i’m Too Big To Be Bribed' - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oliseh: 'i’m Too Big To Be Bribed' (588 Views)

Sunday Oliseh Appointed As Head Coach Of Fortuna Sittard (Dutch Club) / I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung / #‎naijabetelclassico‬ Predict And Win Big To Share In Naijabet N2m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oliseh: 'i’m Too Big To Be Bribed' by Liadi2(m): 3:35pm On Jul 22, 2015
Oliseh declares: 'I’m too big to be bribed by players' The new Nigeria coach has crushed insinuations that he could be manipulated by agents and footballers to field them in the national team Jul 22, 2015 14:23:18 Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh has said that he would run an honest administration in the Super Eagles and would not fall prey to monetary inducement from players and players’ agents. Many national team coaches have often been accused of fielding players in exchange for cash and other gifts but the former midfielder has dared to avoid the lure of easy reward as he looks to build a fortified squad in his three- year contract. “Like I said earlier on, I will only invite players who merit [being] in the national team by playing regular football in top European and African leagues. I will call players who deserve to play for Nigeria. There will be no place for mediocrity in my team,” Oliseh was quoted as saying by Complete Sports. “I don’t want to believe that players and their agents bribe coaches to make the national team, but if it is true that it happens like the media has reported, I will say it is most unfortunate. “I will not condone that. I am even too big to be bribed by any player. If it was so before, that era is gone because only the best will play for the Eagles,” he said. Oliseh will take charge of his first Nigeria game in September when the Super Eagles take on Tanzania in Dar es Salaam in a 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying match.
Re: Oliseh: 'i’m Too Big To Be Bribed' by Topccy007: 3:35pm On Jul 22, 2015
Re: Oliseh: 'i’m Too Big To Be Bribed' by laserjet: 3:36pm On Jul 22, 2015
Story for the Gods!
Re: Oliseh: 'i’m Too Big To Be Bribed' by wealthyguyman(m): 3:37pm On Jul 22, 2015
I
Source?
Re: Oliseh: 'i’m Too Big To Be Bribed' by iPopAlomo(m): 3:44pm On Jul 22, 2015
Once I see Yobo or Mikel called up to the squad... I know money have exchanged hands... until then sha... we're watching... and please drop Agu...

(1) (Reply)

The Five Manager With The Safest Epl Job This Season. / Port Harcourt To Host Sierra Leone-ivory Coast Qualifier| First Ever In Nigeria / See How Messi Dey Whyne Rooney.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.