Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,670 members, 7,813,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview (29371 Views)

Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention / Everything You Didn't Notice In Buhari's Latest Photos - Ynaija / A Pastor A "Netanyahu" & A Former Editor: Meet Buhari's Latest Appointees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview by PassingShot(m): 4:52pm On Jul 22, 2015
Chamber10:

Negotiating with almajiris that don't know what they actually want....From 'war against Western Education to having an Islamic caliphate I am watching what the terms of the negotiation will be. The presido better stand by his initial words.
Did you read the interview or you've deliberately decided not to understand him?

The question was, will he negotiate to have some BH detainees released in exchange for the kidnapped girls; to which he said he is not against it provided the acclaimed BH leadership can deliver the girls safely.
Re: Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview by ubamili(m): 4:54pm On Jul 22, 2015
Let him invite obama first
Re: Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview by PassingShot(m): 4:57pm On Jul 22, 2015
ceejayluv:

are you aware that hundreds of other girls have been and are still being kidnapped and brainwashed to carry out bombings and sundry?. releasing chibok girls is politically necessary, but definitely not the priority in the war against terror.
To you and your likes, it's not a priority. To their parents, families, friends and the concerned international community it is a top priority for some reasons:
1. Their kidnapping was widely reported.
2. They were kidnapped under the govt that was supposed to guarantee their safety (from their school in pursuit of education).
3. Their release offers some hope in further success in the fight against terrorism.

Theirs is uniquely slightly different from some others who may have been kidnapped under different circumstances.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview by mayorchelsea(m): 4:58pm On Jul 22, 2015
The last video of GEJ's interview with Amanpour that I watched,she asked him a question about power in Nigeria and GEJ said," It's not true,if you ask any Nigerian man on the street, he'll tell you there's twenty hour electricity n Nigeria"

3 Likes

Re: Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview by mayorchelsea(m): 4:59pm On Jul 22, 2015
The last video of GEJ's interview with Amanpour that I watched,she asked him a question about power in Nigeria and GEJ said," It's not true,if you ask any Nigerian man on the street, he'll tell you there's twenty hour electricity in Nigeria"

1 Like

Re: Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview by mayorchelsea(m): 5:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
kobonaire:
Za Pederal Refublic op Najaayriya
why you wicked like this?

1 Like

Re: Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview by laplace12(m): 5:33pm On Jul 22, 2015
This guy is dull, lets be frank.

There is clarity in Amanpour questions and ambiguity in his answers.

Even the dullest troll on nairaland can do better than this.
Re: Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview by klax(m): 5:38pm On Jul 22, 2015
Pls are you guys not finished with interview nonsense To what usefulness is the full script to anybody now The govt is at 25% functioning, boko haram has killed over 400 within one month yet you are talking about interview.

But why Nigeria is full of sick in the people like this God I expect people by now to tell our tourist president and his dogs entourage time up enough now of US jamboree return home and face reality but rather people are hailing him and his dogs that went to waste their time in US doing nothing. So sorry indeed.

1 Like

Re: Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview by lordpromise(m): 5:42pm On Jul 22, 2015
Please where is my donchester
Re: Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview by nurseafrica: 5:53pm On Jul 22, 2015
Chamber10:

"I will not grant amnesty to Boko Haram"
~Buhari at Chatham House
------------------
"We will crush Bokoharam in two months"
~APC during campaign
---------------------
"Buhari rules out Boko Haram talks."
~BBC
-----------------
"I will lead the fight against Bokoharam from the front"
~Buhari during campaign
-------------------
"I will negotiate with genuine Boko Haram and give them what they want"
~Buhari to Christiana Amapour on CNN

Hello Mr President Which one do I believe shocked shocked
Lie muhammed boiz wailing since 10BC, reply ? They have all run away, in their heart they are asking,,, hope this is not Baba clueless, Reply if you know what Clueless baba is up to
Re: Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview by BonaVIta(m): 5:59pm On Jul 22, 2015
importexpert:
my able president always making nigeria proud

any thread u see what Buhari said, you throw yourself in an start screaming "PMB making us proud".

Did you read his stand on negotiating with Boko Haram?
Re: Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview by dabossman(m): 6:11pm On Jul 22, 2015
Chamber10:

~Buhari at Chatham House
------------------
~APC during campaign
---------------------
~BBC
-----------------
~Buhari during campaign
-------------------

Comprehension is really becoming a problem in this country. He said he will negotiate with them in respect to getting the Chibok girls back. That is different from granting them amnesty. That's like handing over ransom money to a kidnapper. It doesn't mean the police won't go after the kidnapper and arrest them afterwards.

How hard is that to understand?
Re: Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview by dabossman(m): 6:15pm On Jul 22, 2015
PassingShot:

Did you read the interview or you've deliberately decided not to understand him?

The question was, will he negotiate to have some BH detainees released in exchange for the kidnapped girls; to which he said he is not against it provided the acclaimed BH leadership can deliver the girls safely.

Stop trying to explain it to them. They either can't comprehend simple statements or have just chosen not to.

1 Like

Re: Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 22, 2015
Bro he is trying, lets be sincere. No single government that did not and does not engage in foreign relations to seek the best for its country. Just that we should not depend solely on that and he should be wary of enslaving deals with the west
samcarlos:

Same visits with GEJ, same promises from America... What's the difference. PMB should settle down and manage the assets that he has in terms of security and stop all these tour fair.
The oil sector is crumbling, naira on the fall, stock market on a daily loss, central leadership in national assembly in confusion, importation suffering, States in disarray pertaining funds and bail out politics bla bla bla
America cannot fix all these... Let's be fair he not doing the right things as we expected
Re: Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview by mongrine: 6:32pm On Jul 22, 2015
No be small thing. Look at how my president is answering her question with just the right answer even she tries to make him say things that could jeoperdise his poltical stand. That is my PMB.
Re: Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview by friends4ever(m): 6:35pm On Jul 22, 2015
Chamber10:

~Buhari at Chatham House
------------------
~APC during campaign
---------------------
~BBC
-----------------
~Buhari during campaign
-------------------

FLIP FLOPS
Re: Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview by Abbey24(m): 6:58pm On Jul 22, 2015
Dotng:
Full Transcript of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview

On Tuesday, President Muhammadu Buhari was interviewed by CNN’s Christiane Amanpour. Read full transcript of the interview below:

AMANPOUR: President Buhari, welcome back to the program.
BUHARI: Thank you.

AMANPOUR: Mr. President, you have asked the United States to help you in the fight against Boko Haram. What exactly did you ask in this regard? What do you need? And what answer did the president, Obama, give you?
BUHARI: United States, leader of the G7, promised to do what they can to help Nigeria. So we have brought our requirements in terms of training, equipping and intelligence gathering for Nigeria to be able to fight Boko Haram.

AMANPOUR: And you mentioned the economy and the falling in oil prices over the last many months. How are you going to deal with that? Because that is really what your people want.
BUHARI: My people firstly, I believe, they want the security (ph) in the country to be stabilized so that normal life, both in the southern part of the country, where the militants are still sabotaging oil installations and kidnapping people and demanding ransom, and in the northeast of the country, where Boko Haram is still active. This is the military occupation of Nigeria now and is the reality of (INAUDIBLE). Nothing will work until the country is secure.

AMANPOUR: But despite your vows to tackle Boko Haram, there are reports in your own country that there have been at least 400 deaths by that group since you became president. Added to that, Amnesty International reports that your military has totally lost the credibility and trust of the people because of the systematic human rights abuses, the killing of some 8,000 people. How do you expect your military to be able to go against Boko Haram, to get the trust of the people instead of being a platform for Boko Haram’s grievances?
BUHARI: Well, I have just mentioned that, under Lake Chad Basin Commission, we have agreed to form a multinational joint task force. So whatever happened before that decision was taken, we have to allow further investigation to verify the question of human rights abuse. And with that, I’m sure you must have known the decision taken by this government, the federal government of Nigeria, in changing the military command.

AMANPOUR: What about the girls, the famous Chibok girls, the 200 or so who were abducted so long ago? Yet again there’s been a suggestion that the Boko Haram captors may trade them, may seek to trade them for incarcerated inmates, who they want to get out. Is your government willing to trade those girls in that regard?
BUHARI: We have to be very careful about the credibility of various Boko Haram leaderships coming up and declaring that they can deliver. We have to be very careful indeed. And we are taking our time because we want to bring them safe back to their parents and to their school.

AMANPOUR: So are you in principle against or would you consider negotiating with Boko Haram if you can verify the credibility of those who approach you?
BUHARI: I cannot be (INAUDIBLE). I told you our main objective as a government is to secure those girls safe and sound back to their schools and rehabilitated them to go back to normal life. So if we are convinced that the leadership has presented itself can deliver those girls, (INAUDIBLE) who will be (INAUDIBLE) negotiate what they want.

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/full-transcript-of-president-buharis-latest-cnn-interview.114859/
Re: Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview by Abbey24(m): 7:00pm On Jul 22, 2015
Dotng:

On Tuesday, President Muhammadu Buhari was interviewed by CNN’s Christiane Amanpour. Read full transcript of the interview below:

AMANPOUR: Mr. President, you have asked the United States to help you in the fight against Boko Haram. What exactly did you ask in this regard? What do you need? And what answer did the president, Obama, give you?
BUHARI: United States, leader of the G7, promised to do what they can to help Nigeria. So we have brought our requirements in terms of training, equipping and intelligence gathering for Nigeria to be able to fight Boko Haram.

AMANPOUR: And you mentioned the economy and the falling in oil prices over the last many months. How are you going to deal with that? Because that is really what your people want.
BUHARI: My people firstly, I believe, they want the security (ph) in the country to be stabilized so that normal life, both in the southern part of the country, where the militants are still sabotaging oil installations and kidnapping people and demanding ransom, and in the northeast of the country, where Boko Haram is still active. This is the military occupation of Nigeria now and is the reality of (INAUDIBLE). Nothing will work until the country is secure.

AMANPOUR: But despite your vows to tackle Boko Haram, there are reports in your own country that there have been at least 400 deaths by that group since you became president. Added to that, Amnesty International reports that your military has totally lost the credibility and trust of the people because of the systematic human rights abuses, the killing of some 8,000 people. How do you expect your military to be able to go against Boko Haram, to get the trust of the people instead of being a platform for Boko Haram’s grievances?
BUHARI: Well, I have just mentioned that, under Lake Chad Basin Commission, we have agreed to form a multinational joint task force. So whatever happened before that decision was taken, we have to allow further investigation to verify the question of human rights abuse. And with that, I’m sure you must have known the decision taken by this government, the federal government of Nigeria, in changing the military command.

AMANPOUR: What about the girls, the famous Chibok girls, the 200 or so who were abducted so long ago? Yet again there’s been a suggestion that the Boko Haram captors may trade them, may seek to trade them for incarcerated inmates, who they want to get out. Is your government willing to trade those girls in that regard?
BUHARI: We have to be very careful about the credibility of various Boko Haram leaderships coming up and declaring that they can deliver. We have to be very careful indeed. And we are taking our time because we want to bring them safe back to their parents and to their school.

AMANPOUR: So are you in principle against or would you consider negotiating with Boko Haram if you can verify the credibility of those who approach you?
BUHARI: I cannot be (INAUDIBLE). I told you our main objective as a government is to secure those girls safe and sound back to their schools and rehabilitated them to go back to normal life. So if we are convinced that the leadership has presented itself can deliver those girls, (INAUDIBLE) who will be (INAUDIBLE) negotiate what they want.

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/full-transcript-of-president-buharis-latest-cnn-interview.114859/
pls baba buhari dont negotiate with dis terrors, pls use the human nd non human resources to fight dis pple
Re: Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview by dhesire(m): 7:01pm On Jul 22, 2015
Regiblinkz:
we are doomed

Why are we doomed?
Re: Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview by razid: 7:13pm On Jul 22, 2015
Most of the people chastising the President for willing to trade the 219 Chibok girls for Boko Haram detainees have no sense of history. Even the almighty America released five Taliban prisoners held since 2003 for one of their own held in captivity just last year.

"...Bergdahl, 28, who had been held captive nearly five years, broke down in tears.

His release was secured after the Obama administration, working through Qatari government intermediaries, agreed to free five high-profile Afghan inmates held by the U.S. military in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The influential commanders, including the former head of the Taliban’s army, were loaded onto a U.S. military aircraft bound for Qatar after U.S. officials got confirmation that Bergdahl had been freed.

Bergdahl’s “safety and health were both in jeopardy,” and officials had to act quickly to obtain his release, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Sunday, according to the Associated Press."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/taliban-held-us-soldier-released-in-exchange-for-afghan-detainees/2014/05/31/8b764dac-e8db-11e3-a86b-362fd5443d19_story.html
Re: Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview by ceejayluv(m): 7:17pm On Jul 22, 2015
PassingShot:

To you and your likes, it's not a priority. To their parents, families, friends and the concerned international community it is a top priority for some reasons:
1. Their kidnapping was widely reported.
2. They were kidnapped under the govt that was supposed to guarantee their safety (from their school in pursuit of education).
3. Their release offers some hope in further success in the fight against terrorism.

Theirs is uniquely slightly different from some others who may have been kidnapped under different circumstances.
you totally missed my point there..... over two hundred girls are missing but over 400 Nigerians have died in two months now under a government that swore to protect them . The priority naturally should be to check the killings. the chibok issue is a highly publicized attack indeed, but their lives aren't more precious than the hundreds or thousands that will die in the coming weeks due to the laxity in applying deadly force against them. Politicizing the chibok kidnappings is an unfortunate twist of events. Sensationalism from the international community made recovering the girls look like the paramount endeavour in the terror war. it isn't.
Re: Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview by Chulex(m): 7:38pm On Jul 22, 2015
My brother we all know that the sloganis CHANGE na.
Chamber10:

~Buhari at Chatham House
------------------
~APC during campaign
---------------------
~BBC
-----------------
~Buhari during campaign
-------------------

Re: Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview by sunkoye: 7:42pm On Jul 22, 2015
Regiblinkz:
we are doomed
guy...na only u doomed o angry
Re: Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 22, 2015
I luv the way (INAUDIBLE) responded to the last question about that African leader to be tried in Senegal.

What da 4k is International Criminal Court? Corrupt sets of govt officials forming to be int'l judges.
Re: Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 22, 2015
Regiblinkz:
we are doomed
YOU ARE DOOMED
Re: Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview by Miaraka: 9:08pm On Jul 22, 2015
Hadeola88:
He keeps changing is approach towards BH. Whichever one he finally adopts, I hope we win the fight because some folks are already itching to label him clueless.
Maybe he keeps changing his approach because he wants to confuse the enemy; doesn't want them to know what's on his mind.
Jokes aside, I fully support his decision to negotiate with BH for the release of the Chibok girls.
Check out from 1Voice Africa.com,
THE ABC OF DEFEATING BOKO HARAM
Asante Tsambo

Many people in Nigeria and around the world were celebrating when they heard, during the few months preceding the inauguration of President Buhari, that Boko Haram (BH) was on the retreat and the Nigerian defence and security forces were liberating territory and setting hostages free or enabling them to escape. They were under the impression that final victory was either around the corner or that BH had been hit so hard that it would not be able to regroup, try to harass the Nigerian armed forces and even carry out massacres of innocent civilians. The killing of about 500 Nigerians by BH in the past 39 days has shocked many. As Africans, we are profoundly saddened by BH's ruthless terrorist activities against civilians. We are also concerned that this is happening in our continent's biggest economy.

Africa needs a peaceful, prosperous and united Nigeria. Working together, Nigeria and SA could utilize their enormous potential to lead our continent's efforts to extricate itself from the quagmire of underdevelopment and internecine fratricidal conflict. It is for this reason that the AU, Nigerians and other Africans should consider the following:

1. That Cameroon, Central African Republic, Kenya, Nigeria, Mali, Somalia now form the Southern flank of the African frontline against terrorism. If these countries fall, Africa falls and the African agenda will become a pipe-dream. Therefore, all Africa must unite behind these countries and function as their rear base;

2. The African Union should launch an International campaign for the isolation of BH and all other Africa based terrorist organisations. This campaign should include the freezing of terrorist bank accounts and closure of their external supply lines. Countries which provide them with support should be exposed and boycotted. The declaration and or blacklisting of BH and others as terrorist or undesirable entities can never be sufficient;

3. Nigerians have to understand and accept the fact that, courtesy of BH, they now live in the African frontline against terrorism, the territorial integrity and unity of their nation are under threat, every Nigerian, could fall victim of a BH attack whether or not they live in the South South, South East or South West because terrorists CAN bomb targets in areas where they have no infrastructure. Apart from that, who said they will not have the appetite to move to the South once they have established themselves and feel comfortable in the North?

4. Nigeria must prepare itself for a protracted struggle. There will be no quick victory because BH is no longer a ragtag group. It enjoys international material and moral support and is part of a movement that seeks to build a caliphate, including several West, Central, East and North African countries;

5. The war against BH is 80% political and only 20% military. In other words, the Nigerian defence and security forces cannot defeat BH on their own. The government needs to mobilize the whole nation, explain the nature of the enemy and what role each Nigerian should play. In relation to the South which is the rear base, the North is the war front. The Southerners should be mobilized to inter Alia provide moral, spiritual and material support to the Northerners, especially the victims and the defence and security forces. The Northerners should be mobilized to provide to the defence and security forces all and any form of support they can afford, even a simple but genuine "No to BH Terrorism."

6. Nigerians and their organisations must unite across religious, tribal, regional and state lines. You need national cohesion, unity in action and all possible forms of partnerships among yourselves and between yourselves and other African nations, your natural allies;

7. The Government should embark on a campaign to win the hearts and minds of the people, not only through its declarations but its actions and the way the defence and security forces conduct the war. Now, more than ever before, it has to be seen that Nigeria cares. The Government and people of Nigeria cannot stem the tide of a terrorist tsunami or prevent the disintegration of their federal state, if they do not address social justice and law and order imperatives.

8. It is easier to fight an enemy that can be found in a specific area but more difficult to fight an enemy that is embedded or hiding or has friends among the masses. It is much easier to carry out a suicide bomb operation in a market place, church or shopping mall that is full of civilians than to engage the Nigerian defence and security forces directly. It seems like BH did not only retreat deeper into the forest and neighboring countries. Some of them appear to have run back home, to hide and regroup among the masses where in all probability, they have an effective network of cells and arms caches and certain aspects of the terrorist training and bomb-making could be taking place.

9. The massacres of so many people in such a short time is the negative consequence of the Nigerian forces' achievements in the Sambisa forest and former BH-held territories. On its own, It does not necessarily suggest that the Nigerian government does not know what it is doing, neither does it point a finger at its complicity. It certainly is one of the easiest things that terrorists can do.

10. Africa has sufficient local expertise and experience in conventional and guerrilla warfare, intelligence work and communication with our people. Nigeria should tap into this vast wealth of African expertise and experience. Our non African partners can assist with material, diplomatic and moral support for the victims of terror and our defence and security forces as well as the gathering of intelligence in terms of foreign support for the terrorists and the punishment of individuals, organisations and countries which harbor and support them.
Re: Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview by datopaper(m): 9:43pm On Jul 22, 2015
Buhari WILL perform
Re: Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview by abnsugbe: 3:20am On Jul 23, 2015
Dotng:

Obama had described Nigeria as a country in the eastern part of Africa instead of West Africa while discussing with Buhari, While Buhari described his party APC as All Naija Peoples congress...To me d score is 1=1
Re: Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview by Christonjnr(m): 4:04am On Jul 23, 2015
(INAUDIBLE)
must appear how many times?
No blame shaa,that is what suppose to happen when we voted for someone without certificate as our President.

Abeg hit like for GEJ
Re: Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview by RealEstate36: 7:37am On Jul 23, 2015
Na wa! affordable LANDS FOR SALE and APARTMENTS FOR RENT at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dolapo Osinbajo At Obafemi Awolowo's 30th Remembrance Service / Miebi Albert Employs Man Who Picked His Lost Iphone 8 In Bayelsa. Photos / ''I Will Not Disappoint Nigerians'' President Buhari Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.