Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Catholic Saints: Life History And Prayers For Their Intercession On Our Behalf - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Saints: Life History And Prayers For Their Intercession On Our Behalf (1292 Views)

MFM 2016 Annual 70 Days Fasting And Prayers Begins Today Monday 8th August / Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God / Sex And Prayers: My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Saints: Life History And Prayers For Their Intercession On Our Behalf by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 22, 2015
Saint Expediate
Saint Expedite is the patron saint of those who hope for rapid solutions to problems, who wish to avoid or put an end to delays, and who want general or immediate financial success.Not much info is available on St. Expedite. The most popular and accepted one is about him being a Roman soldier back in the days of the Christian persecution. During his service, he witnessed the martyrdom of several Christians at the hands of their persecutors, and was so taken by their humility, faith, and their requests that their persecutors be forgiven even as their persecutors tortured and killed them, that he chose to convert to Christianity - a choice that caused him to be imprisoned and ultimately killed for his beliefs. He is generally depicted as a Roman soldier stepping on a raven who is saying "Cras" (tomorrow) while holding a cross that says "Hodie" (today.) This comes from before St Expedite was martyred, Satan came to him in the form of a raven saying "Convert tomorrow, convert tomorrow," and St Expedite refused, insisting he be baptized a Christian that very same day and crushed the raven under his feet. The day after, he was martyred for his Christian faith.

(This prayer is to be said daily until your request is granted, Be sure to publish this prayer thanking Saint Expedite, so that his name and glory will grow.)

Saint Expedite, you lay in rest.
I come to you and ask that this wish be granted.

(Mention you urgent request)

Saint Expedite now what I ask of you. Saint Expedite now what I want of you, this very second.
Don't waste another day. Grant me what I ask for.
I know your power, I know you because of your work. I know you can help me.
Do this for me and I will spread your name with love and honor so that it will be invoked again and again.
Expedite this wish with speed, love, honor, and goodness. Glory to you, Saint Expedite!

Re: Catholic Saints: Life History And Prayers For Their Intercession On Our Behalf by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 22, 2015
K
Re: Catholic Saints: Life History And Prayers For Their Intercession On Our Behalf by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 22, 2015
Yes, St Expedite will grant your urgent request if approached properly, but also remember he is a soldier of fortune, he will get the job done but will want immediate payment, one will suffer twice as bad if you do not make his offering.
Re: Catholic Saints: Life History And Prayers For Their Intercession On Our Behalf by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 22, 2015
1381 – 1447
Feastday: May 22
Also known as: Margarita of Cascia; Rita la Abogada de Impossibles
Rita was born in the year 1381 in the village of Roccaporena, near Cascia, in the Diocese of Spoleto, Italy. She was a daughter of Antonio and Amata Lotti, known as Peacemakers of Jesus; they had Rita late in life. Rita was baptized with the name of "Margherita". As a young girl Rita frequently visited the convent of the Augustinian nuns of Cascia and showed interest in a religious life. Saint Rita wanted to become a nun, but in obedience to her elderly parents, she married. Her husband, Paolo Mancini, was the source of much suffering as he was cruel to her, but she repaid his perfidy with prayer and kind attention to him: he was converted in time, becoming most considerate of others and God-fearing. When Rita was 18, she was the mother of two sons, twins. Paolo was employed as a watchman for the town.
Paolo often found himself drawn into the conflicts that existed between rival political factions One day as he was returning from work Paolo was ambushed and killed. The pain which this unexpected and violent death inflicted upon Rita was only compounded by the fear she felt that her two teenage sons, moved by the unwritten law of the "vendetta," would seek to avenge their father's death. Rita's only recourse was to prayer and persuasion. But her example of forgiveness, her words of instruction and pleading, her prayers for their change of heart, were unable to move the two boys to forego any act of retaliation, and so Rita entrusted the cause totally to God, asking him to handle the situation which was beyond her control. As it happened, both sons died within the year.
Now alone, She applied for admission to the Augustinian convent at Cascia, but, being a widow, she was refused. Prayer, fasting, penances of many kinds, and good works filled her days. Unsuccessful at first because she was a widow, Rita eventually succeeded. she was able to become a nun and entered the monastery of Saint Mary Magdalene at Cascia at age 36 and stayed there until her death.
In 1442, during the night of Holy Friday, she received the stigmata from a thornbush of the crown of the Crucifix, that according to the tradition, embedded itself in her forehead. Rita of Cascia died on May 22, 1447. The incorrupt body of this “patron saint of hopeless cases” can be seen at the Basilica of St Rita in Cascia, Italy. It is also publicly known that her body has been seen in different positions in the glass case, as well as eyes have opened and closed unaided. Her symbol is the rose petal, which she shares with St Therese of Lisieux.
Rita was beatified by pope Urban VIII in 1627 and canonized on May 24, 1900 by Pope Leo XIII.
Patroness of impossible cases.
Represented as holding roses, or roses and figs, and sometimes with a wound in her forehead.

Novena to Saint Rita of Cascia
This Novena must be said for nine consecutive days, and then must be published if your petition is granted:
O Holy Patroness of those in need, St. Rita, whose pleadings before thy Divine Lord are almost irresistible, who for thy lavishness in granting favors hast been called the Advocate of the hopeless and even of the impossible; St. Rita, so humble, so pure, so mortified, so patient and of such compassionate love for thy Crucified Jesus that thou couldst obtain from Him whatsoever thou askest, on account of which all confidently have recourse to thee expecting, if not always relief, at least comfort; be propitious to our petition, showing thy power with God on behalf of thy suppliant; be lavish to us, as thou hast been in so many wonderful cases, for the greater glory of God, for the spreading of thine own devotion, and for the consolation of those who trust in thee. We promise, if our petition is granted, to glorify thee by making known thy favor, to bless and sing thy praises forever. Relying then upon thy merits and power before the Sacred Heart of Jesus, we pray thee grant that ................................... (here mention your request).
Pray for us, O holy Saint Rita, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Amen.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Saints: Life History And Prayers For Their Intercession On Our Behalf by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 22, 2015
Sarassin:
Yes, St Expedite will grant your urgent request if approached properly, but also remember he is a soldier of fortune, he will get the job done but will want immediate payment, one will suffer twice as bad if you do not make his offering.

have you had such experience while requesting for his intercession. kindly shed more light on it.
Re: Catholic Saints: Life History And Prayers For Their Intercession On Our Behalf by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 22, 2015
sexybaby22:

have you had such experience while requesting for his intercession. kindly shed more light on it.

Yes I have.....unfortunately the hard way. Whilst I will not go Into the hows and whys, I will say that St. Expedite is partial to a pound cake and publicity. In the old days before internet (BI) this invariably entailed placing a discreet advert in a local newsagent or paper, I neglected that aspect of things and felt his full wrath. St. Expedite will do the impossible but you must give him his dues.

Lastly, you do not have to be catholic to invoke St. Expedite.
Re: Catholic Saints: Life History And Prayers For Their Intercession On Our Behalf by ProfessorPeter(m): 8:24am On Jul 23, 2015
As a true Christian, am only authorised to pray in Jesus name. Any other channel, apart from that is demonic. Anyone praying to those "saints" is praying to demons
Re: Catholic Saints: Life History And Prayers For Their Intercession On Our Behalf by Lateralmaths(m): 8:45am On Jul 23, 2015
Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. Any other way is idolatry.

(1) (Reply)

Poem: Who Is She? (celebration Of Piuos,virtous And Religious Women / 12 Hilarious Church Signs You Will Love On A Sunday / Religion Is More Dangerous Than Hard Drugs(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.