Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 (28764 Views)

Naira Rebounds, Gains Across Markets / Forex: CBN Throws Naira Into Open Market, Nullifies N197/$ Exchange Rate / Naira Gains As CBN Clearing Rate Weakens Against Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by byzantium: 12:14am On Jul 23, 2015
What do you expect from a country without economist.
I guess God has better plans for Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by maximilian19(m): 12:27am On Jul 23, 2015
UnknownT:
Even with the US trip, Naira no get shame oh

PMB don too lie so tee lizard nood head as him dey talk, say him go US go take abt to growth on economy, and he refuse CBN governor inside, is that d truth?

How come world bank come loan nigeria $2.1bn to build NE. If not US approval will dis grow the economy or kill d economy,

y naira no go deprecate since PMB no respect d country currancy.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by Flairoqy(m): 1:36am On Jul 23, 2015
again? hmm
BTW Please download and listen to the new single dropped on 23rd July 2015 Samihsongz X Laurie Webb _Move me http://samihsongz.wapka.mobi/music/view/34188080?via=preview Enjoy and share please! Commendations are welcome.
Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by Tohpeh(m): 1:43am On Jul 23, 2015
i don't think this news is real
not real because i bought some stuff online dollar rate @N235 as at 10pm yesterday
Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by kheni28(m): 1:52am On Jul 23, 2015
Taylor86:
wetin concern me

buhari chopping GEJ past glory

from bailout fund to $ fall

patiently waiting for $1=N1

till it happens

i rest my case
Wailing wailers.
Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by kheni28(m): 1:56am On Jul 23, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
[size=20pt]BABA GO SLOW a.k.a RETARDINHO 1 OF DUARA.[/size]

I told you guys not to vote for him but you wouldn't listen, Now let's enjoy the change we have been craving for.
Wat is d meaning of dis rubbish!!.. just barely 2MONTHS buhari came to power??.. nigerians try and be reasonable for once
Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by biafranqueen: 2:45am On Jul 23, 2015
calebo101:
APC... grin grin grin grin

Zimbabwe, here we come.

Soon Naira will be competing with Zimbabwean dollars grin same way Buhari and Mugabe dey compete for oldest president in Africa. A president holding a business meeting with American investors and asking that no Nigerian business man be there undecided undecided. Who the business [b]men wan partner with na?? Boko Haram??

[/b]
You hit the nail on the head sha! He is not even ready to run this country with Nigerians let alone do business.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by AreaFada2: 3:00am On Jul 23, 2015
nnachukz:
when will our currency start rising. is the CBN policy the cause or lack of policy direction from the ministry of finance. It shall soon be well with our economy when the right people come on board.
We get finance minister or any minister for that matter? Wetin be the current economic policy? Nor be autopilot economy we dey?

Well, when the sole administrator returns from US, he will change it to $1 = N1. Our ordinary commissioner is not allowed to do such na.

No shaking.

"snai baba". grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by DTOBS(m): 4:20am On Jul 23, 2015
The way this naira dey fall en,e go soon discover oil sef...make we dey watch

#goingslowandsteady. #babagoslow

honourhim:
Everytime naira is falling like rain drops. When will it rise like the rising sun?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by otedola1(m): 4:26am On Jul 23, 2015
God, help us whit dis Dollars matter Ooo! Change Sai baba naaa

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by Jideams(m): 4:32am On Jul 23, 2015
BabyDaddy20:

I told you guys not to vote for him but you wouldn't listen, Now let's enjoy the change we have been craving for.

Sometime i wonder if we understand the comments we make and the factors that govern the fluctuation of currency. So you would have prefere a situation whereby Naira remains at (200 Naira to a 1 dollar) whereby it is artificially sustained by borrowing of $1billion dollars every month to increase dollar supply and reduce the pressure in the market? This is a question of supply and Demand, they guy is tranparent and want to stop borrowing unless it is absolutely necessary. As yourself, what have you done to inject dollar into the economy in the last 10 years, what have you exported from Nigeria to the global economy. If you have only been importing cars to show off to your friend then you are one of the problems and Baba stay put.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by Jideams(m): 4:37am On Jul 23, 2015
byzantium:
What do you expect from a country without economist.
I guess God has better plans for Nigeria

Can you give me a breakdown of the direction of the Naira for the next 12months and sustain it with a valid argument. We all know it will go down, but i need a why from a macro economics and global perspective. just need to know we are chatting to an economist in the making.
Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by Fnights: 4:58am On Jul 23, 2015
Why are Nigerians so obsessed with the exchange rate? I guess it's because we spend so much on foreign goods and services to satiate our inferior complex. Anything 'Abroad' is good as far as it's not made in Naija. A dude I know spends all his dough on imported goods even on bathroom slippers. Slippers really! The last regime almost depleted the reserves just to defend the naira during the elections. This regime is not falling for that. Do we know that over 90% of the milk consumed in this country is imported in powdered form. We need to stimulate agriculture and manufacturing in this country and deviate from the oil rush. If we adopt this approach, local production will be stimulated and the demand for forex will eventually wane. But seriously, It's shocking what Nigerians import into this country.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by repogirl(f): 5:14am On Jul 23, 2015
calebo101:

Zimbabwe, here we come.

Soon Naira will be competing with Zimbabwean dollars grin same way Buhari and Mugabe dey compete for oldest president in Africa. A president holding a business meeting with American investors and asking that no Nigerian business man be there undecided undecided. Who the business men wan partner with na?? Boko Haram??

grin grin grin grin cheiiii! ROTFL grin grin grin.....classic one, you get talent I swear! Funny as hell! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by paking(m): 5:21am On Jul 23, 2015
This devaluation is affecting business o

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by zheroes(m): 5:45am On Jul 23, 2015
BabyDaddy20:

we gave ur brother 6 years, kindly wait for just 4 years, until then you can eat your poo

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by Nobody: 5:47am On Jul 23, 2015
honourhim:
Everytime naira is falling like rain drops. When will it rise like the rising sun?

When Nigeria gets off oil, and becomes an industrial nation.

Resource dependent economies are always troubled economies. Even the good looking ones. (Saudi Arabia gets away with it because of its small population).

If Buhari does not sing the song of diversification and industrialization, then he deserves to be voted out in 2019. We have no choice. Oil is not our saviour. Our brains will save us.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by delishpot: 5:48am On Jul 23, 2015
Na how una want take pay una loan before? Oh and BTW, I hear say that loan na to only fix a certain part of naija only yet, na everybody go refund that loan.
Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by Nobody: 5:49am On Jul 23, 2015
BabyDaddy20:

If GEJ was in charge....the same thing would be happening.

All this is happening because Nigeria's economy is Dutch diseased. Resource dependent if you will. Something which your hero did not sort out at all.....and something which if Buhari does not sort out, would cause all of us a lot of problems.
Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by Nobody: 5:53am On Jul 23, 2015
calebo101:

Zimbabwe, here we come.

Soon Naira will be competing with Zimbabwean dollars grin same way Buhari and Mugabe dey compete for oldest president in Africa. A president holding a business meeting with American investors and asking that no Nigerian business man be there undecided undecided. Who the business men wan partner with na?? Boko Haram??

We are not yet at Zimbabwe's level.....unless you want all oil production to cease.
Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by chiedu7: 6:03am On Jul 23, 2015
kheni28:

Wat is d meaning of dis rubbish!!.. just barely 2MONTHS buhari came to power??.. nigerians try and be reasonable for once

Na only 2 months ein dey and Naira don dey dive like say ein dey find oil.

If baba go-slow continue like this, na barrow full of notes person go use buy one loaf of bread.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by Nobody: 6:10am On Jul 23, 2015
chiedu7:

Na only 2 months ein dey and Naira don dey dive like say ein dey find oil.

If baba go-slow continue like this, na barrow full of notes person go use buy one loaf of bread.

The naira is falling because PDP did not do the needful for 16 years...get us completely off oil.

Something which Buhari must do by the way. (Not just talking about diversification, doing it).

If your hero was in charge....it would still be the same story.

Stop the joke that we are a rich country because we have oil. We are not. High time we used our brains. I hope APC gets that....
Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by bishop4life(m): 6:26am On Jul 23, 2015
Swagt101:
Candidly speaking bro, all I see in ur post is bigotry n hatred, why can't u just pretend to be sensible and give the general some breathing space, or maybe u shud criticize constructively,btw, I laugh hysterically when u bring God into this matter, cos its the same God that delivered us from the cabal,fedora hat fool u'r sheepishly following... Bro, were u blind 2 d fact that ur clueless nigga 4rm otuoke ran this country aground or what?... God's gonna judge u and me! I rest my case, but don't 4get 2 give PMB some space or better still, keep wailing, the choice is yours, good night! #Peace cool

What the hell are trying to say.if the general knows the country is in ruin and he can't handle it what is he still doing there.I hate it when every little thing we blame it on yesterday when we have not done quite enough today.if and only if Nigeria will go further we your boss need to quit excessive travels, excessive excuses and excessive blames. He need to buckle up or continue chasing shadows.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by iLovePusssy: 6:40am On Jul 23, 2015
The damage from da previous regime is massive. It'll take time to heal. I believe pbm has good plans for our great nation.. So pls you fools should stop calling him names.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by Swagt101(m): 6:49am On Jul 23, 2015
bishop4life:

What the hell are trying to say.if the general knows the country is in ruin and he can't handle it what is he still doing there.I hate it when every little thing we blame it on yesterday when we have not done quite enough today.if and only if Nigeria will go further we your boss need to quit excessive travels, excessive excuses and excessive blames. He need to buckle up or continue chasing shadows.
For u to spew out this thrash,its glaring u've never held a tangible post in ur career. You want the head of state 2 quit travelling, like seriously? You're damn gullible, when ur drunk gej was there, I guess he never left the country for some diplomatic meetings around the world right? I pardon u for that. Excessive blame, is that what u call it? What else do u want him 2 do in a post he met virtually empty of the nation's treasury, and you want him 2 throw a magical wand and transform the country in a blink of an eye nigga? Even Rome wasn't built in a day... Pls quote me only when u've got something reasonable 2 say, bye for now!
Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by 1miccza: 6:53am On Jul 23, 2015
dammytosh:

I am sure your mother is the bread winner in your family.

That is why you get excited calling some one who has achieved greater things than what your father will ever achieve a retardeeno.

This is where i get tired of you partisan people what exactly has he achieved so far apart from witch hunt and untold vengeance..
Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by Atlantian: 6:53am On Jul 23, 2015
2015 is not 1984. This is what happens when old soldier believes he can manage macro economy with nomadic ideas.

Wake me up when naira to a dollar rate is 500. This is good news to the picanto boys.
Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by begod: 6:57am On Jul 23, 2015
iLovePusssy:
The damage from da previous regime is massive. It'll take time to heal. I believe pbm has good plans for our great nation.. So pls you fools should stop calling him names.
your foolishness has no limit, u see things going from bad to worst you are there talking rubbish because of triberlism, fool.
Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by onatisi(m): 6:58am On Jul 23, 2015
IdJack:
[size=16pt]Nigeria Which way na.....Does it means that Nigerians entered 1 Chance [/size]
are u asking or you are doubting ?

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 23, 2015
Captainswag225:
Buhari the daura liar, is dis how 1 naira will become 1 dollar? Smh na wa oo
what's your business? Even if 1N becomes 1dollar, how will you benefit from it when u arent even Nigerian? undecided

tongue tongue tongue
Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by onatisi(m): 7:04am On Jul 23, 2015
Atlantian:
2015 is not 1984. This is what happens when old soldier believes he can manage macro economy with nomadic ideas.

Wake me up when naira to a dollar rate is 500. This is good news to the picanto boys.
don't mind them ,they were busy shouting sai buhari sai baba then without pausing to think how a 72 years old soldier will be able to manage the nation economy. Their hatred for gej blinded and blocked their sense of normal reasoning ,already fuel marketers are preparing another fuel price hike whether the govt likes it or not . By the time majority of nigerians spend all the monthly salary on transportation alone their brain will start working normally again.
Re: Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197 by Captainswag225(m): 7:06am On Jul 23, 2015
firstEVA:
what's your business? Even if 1N becomes 1dollar, how will you benefit from it when u arent even Nigerian? undecided

tongue tongue tongue
LOOL, i replied ur mail yesterday. Pls check

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. / Paypal Nigeria Now Converting Naira to USD Using Standard International Rate / Dollar Not Selling At ₦1,000/$1 - BDCs Debunk Viral Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.