Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

NASS Crisis: Dogara Asks Buhari To Call Gbajabiamila To Order. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Crisis: Dogara Asks Buhari To Call Gbajabiamila To Order. (1831 Views)

Dogara Asks FG To Review Power Privatization / NASS Crisis: Dogara Group Concedes House Leader To Gbajabiamila Group / Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NASS Crisis: Dogara Asks Buhari To Call Gbajabiamila To Order. by dasrackhor(m): 9:58pm On Jul 22, 2015
The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Yakubu Dogara has called on the Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila’s faction of the House to stop spreading hatred by referring to him as “new-PDP”, urging the All Progressives Congress, APC, leadership to ensure that the tag does not continue.

In a statement made available to journalists on Wednesday and signed by Abdulmumin Jubrin, Kano State, the Dogara group described the labeling as a “dangerous trend” having sacrificed for the party.

The new-PDP was a breakaway faction of the then ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, which fused joined the APC in October 2013.

The APC, registered in July 2013, is a product of the merger talks between 3 defunct opposition parties, and was further strengthened by the merger with key PDP members under the new-PDP.

The parties are the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, Congress for Progressive Change, CPC All Nigeria Peoples Party, ANPP, a section of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, and five governors of the PDP among others.

In December 2013, about 37 members of the House of Representatives, including Dogara, under the new PDP, defected to the APC while Senator Bukola Saraki led 10 other senators to join the new party in January 2014.

On June 9, 2015, Dogara defeated Hon. Gbajabiamila to emerge as speaker in the 8th Assembly having defied the directives of the APC leadership.

Also, the Dogara faction went ahead to nominate Alhassan Doguwa for the position of majority leader, disregarding Gbajabiamila who was the choice of the APC leadership.

The crisis has since snowballed into fisticuffs that led to the abrupt end of the session that was designed to elect Doguwa and other principal office holders.

Reacting to the new-PDP tag, Dogara warned that: “It is important for Mr. President and the party to note that while people like Gbajabiamila were busy having fun, some of us including governors and thousands of our supporters left the PDP at great personal risk to join APC,” the statement said.

“Today, they still disdainfully call us new PDP. This is a very dangerous trend that must not be allowed to continue. We therefore urge the party to call on Gbajabiamila to stop spreading hatred within the party.”
“We wish to state that we unequivocally support “The Dogara Formula” in the distribution of the principal officers’ positions in the House of Representatives as proposed by the Honourable Speaker Yakubu Dogara.”

He added; “In his proposal, the speaker rightly allocated the House majority leader to the N/West, Deputy House Leader to the N/Central, the Chief Whip to the S/South and the Deputy Chief Whip to the S/East. Since the N/East and S/West already has the speaker and deputy, they were excluded.

“This proposal is in tandem with the Constitution of The Federal Republic of Nigeria, the spirit of federal character and the need for equity, fairness and justice.
“For the benefit of enlightenment, it is important to state that in terms of the leadership status of these vacant positions, the house leader is the most senior, followed by the chief whip. In the spirit of reconciliation and unity, Speaker Dogara has graciously conceded the positions of House Leader and Chief Whip to the Femi Gbajabiamila group.”

“Consequently, we the Consolidation Group have decided to adopt Hon. Alhassan Ado Doguwa from the North West as house leader, Hon. Buba Jibrin from the North Central as deputy house leader, Hon. Pally Iriase from the South South as the chief whip and Hon Chika Okafor from the South East as the deputy chief whip.

“We therefore call on our supporters to intensify lobbying at the zonal caucuses to ensure that these members emerge to assume the positions.

“Kindly note that Hon Alhassan Doguwa is the head of the Gbajabiamila Group while Hon Pally Iriase was in the speakership race but stepped down for Gbajabiamila and assumed a very prominent role in the Gbajabiamila group.

“Similarly, we call on the party to disregard the letter purportedly written by the Gbajabiamila group, which we know contemptuously emanated from the duo of Gbajabiamila and Hon. Falake without due consultation with the APC caucus in the House, many of whom are in full support of Dogara, his peace efforts and proposal for distribution of the remaining principal officers.”. Source:http://www.post-nigeria.com/nass-crisis-dogara-asks-buhari-to-call-gbajabiamila-to-order/

2 Likes

Re: NASS Crisis: Dogara Asks Buhari To Call Gbajabiamila To Order. by Morhziez(m): 10:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
Ok
Re: NASS Crisis: Dogara Asks Buhari To Call Gbajabiamila To Order. by 175(m): 10:03pm On Jul 22, 2015
Better!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NASS Crisis: Dogara Asks Buhari To Call Gbajabiamila To Order. by jcross19: 10:03pm On Jul 22, 2015
Buhari please call your political thugs in order.

3 Likes

Re: NASS Crisis: Dogara Asks Buhari To Call Gbajabiamila To Order. by dunkem21(m): 10:06pm On Jul 22, 2015
grin
Re: NASS Crisis: Dogara Asks Buhari To Call Gbajabiamila To Order. by Abugab(m): 10:10pm On Jul 22, 2015
Someone really need to call Gbajabiamila to order.
He is now behaving disorderly as if the leadership of the House of Reps is hereditary. This is a democracy and if Femi cannot practice what he preaches, he should bounce.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Crisis: Dogara Asks Buhari To Call Gbajabiamila To Order. by jom28gy(m): 10:19pm On Jul 22, 2015
can apc withstand this huddles?

2 Likes

Re: NASS Crisis: Dogara Asks Buhari To Call Gbajabiamila To Order. by Shortyy(f): 10:32pm On Jul 22, 2015
Your sick President is busy chasing shadow. And BH is bombing the North every week. Oh well, it doesn't concern me anyways.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Crisis: Dogara Asks Buhari To Call Gbajabiamila To Order. by ellechrystal(f): 10:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
War in 'A Babylon , war in 'A Babylon. ...
APC !!! SCATTERED BROOM.

3 Likes

Re: NASS Crisis: Dogara Asks Buhari To Call Gbajabiamila To Order. by Demmocrats(m): 10:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
Re: NASS Crisis: Dogara Asks Buhari To Call Gbajabiamila To Order. by Businessideas: 10:58pm On Jul 22, 2015
The press release is to tactically announce the people chosen by the dogara group,test the water in an attempt to break the Gbaja group and not make it obvious that their party leadership is being ridiculed.
How on earth do they think the Gbaja group and the party leadership will not see their game
I don't think this 8th assembly is ready for business.

6 Likes

Re: NASS Crisis: Dogara Asks Buhari To Call Gbajabiamila To Order. by Nobody: 1:14am On Jul 23, 2015
Successfully scatered Gbami abi Gbaji's group.. Politics is as simple as ABC.

1 Like

Re: NASS Crisis: Dogara Asks Buhari To Call Gbajabiamila To Order. by Nobody: 1:47am On Jul 23, 2015
Dogara, people like Gbajabiamila understand only one language, SUSPENSION from the house. Such actions have happened in the past and I know you are aware of Dino Milaye's story. I believe you have provided well enough "golden parachute" for this guy, but he clearly does not deserve it, so please it is time to weild news the big stick and restore sanity in the HOR
Re: NASS Crisis: Dogara Asks Buhari To Call Gbajabiamila To Order. by SenJoe(m): 2:36am On Jul 23, 2015
Gbajabi is a thug acting a script that Tinubu wrote, Fashola directing it.............oh what did I just said? I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: NASS Crisis: Dogara Asks Buhari To Call Gbajabiamila To Order. by Emekamex(m): 2:42am On Jul 23, 2015
It is now clear that APC are not prepared to govern correctly; after four months of winning the election, they cant still get it right at the senate /house of rep level.

1 Like

Re: NASS Crisis: Dogara Asks Buhari To Call Gbajabiamila To Order. by tellmoon(m): 4:44am On Jul 23, 2015
Emekamex:
It is now clear that APC are not prepared to govern correctly; after four months of winning the election, they cant still get it right at the senate /house of rep level.

which four months, from May to July?
Re: NASS Crisis: Dogara Asks Buhari To Call Gbajabiamila To Order. by brixton: 5:00am On Jul 23, 2015
I am baba go slow - Buhari
Re: NASS Crisis: Dogara Asks Buhari To Call Gbajabiamila To Order. by Mega005(m): 5:03am On Jul 23, 2015
brixton:
I am baba go slow - Buhari
I am not sure U took ur drugs before u slept yesterday, this is d consequencies of not using ur drug has prescribe by d yaba left doc.

This speaker must. Be on harddrug..
He fails to listen to baba for respecting party supremacy now expecting baba to help him do what??

Emekamex:
3 types of people 1: those that pass thru sch 2: those that goes to sch 3: those that sch pass thru them.. I think noba 1 fits in for this guy.. What was d name of ur maths teacher?? May 29-June 29 is one month, June 30-July 23 which is today will be what emekadence? 4months abi? How u take comot for yaba left without proper checks?
Re: NASS Crisis: Dogara Asks Buhari To Call Gbajabiamila To Order. by isbish(m): 5:08am On Jul 23, 2015
Hypocrasy is when you kick against fed. Character principle when you were elected and favours it after u were elected in order to make ur choice prevail. I hate the fact that these guys aren't respecting the party stand.
Re: NASS Crisis: Dogara Asks Buhari To Call Gbajabiamila To Order. by Mega005(m): 5:32am On Jul 23, 2015
SenJoe:
Gbajabi is a thug acting a script that Tinubu wrote, Fashola directing it.............oh what did I just said? I rest my case.

This is an opinion from a typical educated illiterate.. Imagine U bringing in fasola, the greatest governor we ever have In Nigeria.. U. Have even confused imagine don't even Know what u said.. That's one of the symptom of GEAR 4.
Re: NASS Crisis: Dogara Asks Buhari To Call Gbajabiamila To Order. by Emekamex(m): 7:05am On Jul 23, 2015
Mega005:

I am not sure U took ur drugs before u slept yesterday, this is d consequencies of not using ur drug has prescribe by d yaba left doc.

This speaker must. Be on harddrug..
He fails to listen to baba for respecting party supremacy now expecting baba to help him do what??

3 types of people 1: those that pass thru sch 2: those that goes to sch 3: those that sch pass thru them.. I think noba 1 fits in for this guy.. What was d name of ur maths teacher?? May 29-June 29 is one month, June 30-July 23 which is today will be what emekadence? 4months abi? How u take comot for yaba left without proper checks?
Mumu, wasn't election carried out in march? It is people like you that fail in class because you don't read instructions properly.
Re: NASS Crisis: Dogara Asks Buhari To Call Gbajabiamila To Order. by Emekamex(m): 7:07am On Jul 23, 2015
tellmoon:

Elections were won on March 28, a serious party would have started all the ground works on appointments by then.
Re: NASS Crisis: Dogara Asks Buhari To Call Gbajabiamila To Order. by omowolewa: 7:28am On Jul 23, 2015
Truth be told Dogara is still nPDP. He is yet to mix with APC, thatz why its easier for him to disobey party's order irrespective of what could happen to the party.

If Buhari (the only politician who can resolve the crises) is not ready to act, let them elect the BOT chairman quickly. This will give the party a sense of direction and leadership.
Re: NASS Crisis: Dogara Asks Buhari To Call Gbajabiamila To Order. by Change2015(m): 7:40am On Jul 23, 2015
jom28gy:
can apc withstand this huddles?

Hurdles..!
Re: NASS Crisis: Dogara Asks Buhari To Call Gbajabiamila To Order. by UncleJudax(m): 8:01am On Jul 23, 2015
tellmoon:

He wrote 'winning election', not swearing-in. angry
Re: NASS Crisis: Dogara Asks Buhari To Call Gbajabiamila To Order. by UncleJudax(m): 8:06am On Jul 23, 2015
Mega005:

This is an opinion from a typical educated illiterate.. Imagine U bringing in fasola, the greatest governor we ever have In Nigeria.. U. Have even confused imagine don't even Know what u said.. That's one of the symptom of GEAR 4.
And you call someone 'an educated illiterate'?
Go back to school joor. Your grammar is horrible. Fuckkk!

(1) (Reply)

MTN is just wasting peoples time..See Photos / Now I Believe That No One Quits Nairaland, I Caught Barcanista, See Screenshot / Double Face Of APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.