Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,994 members, 7,863,570 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:20 PM

Revealed: 2000 Nigerians Repatriated By Cameroonian Government Over Detonated Bo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revealed: 2000 Nigerians Repatriated By Cameroonian Government Over Detonated Bo (747 Views)

Why Alison-madueke Is Not Yet Repatriated, By EFCC / Why Alison-madueke Is Not Yet Repatriated, By EFCC / Cameroon Deports 2000 Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revealed: 2000 Nigerians Repatriated By Cameroonian Government Over Detonated Bo by foxgiovani(m): 10:17pm On Jul 22, 2015
In the past one week the number of Nigerians deported by the Cameroonian government has risen to over 2000, the affected persons our correspondent gathered are internally displaced persons (IDPs) taking refuge in Cameroon as the later tries to grapple with worsening insecurity due to attacks by the deadly Islamic Boko Haram sect.

The development which came shortly after a bomb exploded in one of the camps earmarked for the keeping of internally displaced persons from Nigeria by Cameroonian authorities. The Nigerian immigration Service on Monday was notified about repatriation of another 1500 Nigerian IDPs, taking refuge in camps set up by Cameroonian government along its border with Nigeria.

Only last week Nigerian Immigration Service Comptroller in charge of Adamawa and Taraba state Mr. Ubi Ikpi Nkanu disclosed to newsmen, the repatriation of 520 Nigerians by Cameroonian authorities.

A top ranking officer of Nigerian immigration service who confided to our reporter said the actions from their Cameroonian counterpart; he gathered were due to security concerns.

“And these were part of precautionary steps being taken by Cameroonian Authorities to deal with worsening insecurity on its home soil arising from escalating Boko Haram attacks”.

He added that with this development “the Cameroonian government has begun the closure of IDP camps along its borders, with the repatriation of over 1500 IDPs back to Nigeria”.

The highly placed immigration official who did not want his name known disclosed added that the Nigerian immigration service has been contacted by the Cameroonian government about the repatriation of another set of IDPs numbering over 1500.

He explained that the actions of the Cameroonian authorities was not wilful but as a result of “security concerns based on their suspicion that some of the attacks on their home soil were being perpetrated by Boko Haram members with the collaboration of some persons inside the IDPs”.

He said the fear that some members of the dreaded Islamic sect may be among the IDPs caused the Cameroonian authorities to take the “involuntary action of repatriating these set of 1500 IDPs and thereby dismantling the camps in the affected location”.

He also expressed worries that Cameroonian government might just have begun to tacitly close down most of the camps on their soil because only recently they repatriated over 500 IDPs.

According to him, most of the repatriated persons mostly comprised of women and children.

Investigations made by this medium revealed that the IDPs repatriated by the Cameroonian authorities are now camped at Sagoda, a border community adjoining both countries, and that is due to logistic constraints on the side of the Nigeria authorities, the IDPs were yet to be evacuated.

Even though representatives of the Borno state government is said to be in touch with the Adamawa state government, as both are expected to collaborate to ensure the resettlement of repatriated IDPs in the camps of either state.

But evacuation of the IDPs has been constrained as the Adamawa command of the immigration Service ,do not have any truck or bus to convey the IDP’s and is consequently depending on the state governors of Adamawa and Borno to provide them with buses to ferry the IDPs.

However, it was learnt that the conspicuous involvement of the Borno state government was borne out of the fact that most of repatriated IDPs are of Borno extraction. Majority of them are Borno state indigenes who fled the horrific attacks of the sects waged on Gworza and other Borno communities which forced them flee into Cameroon and Chad.

for further details visit: http://tradot.com/blog/post?Gidigbam_Revealed-2000-Nigerians-Repatriated-By-Cameroonian-Government-Over-Detonated-Bomb-in-IDPs-Camp-bf2f

Re: Revealed: 2000 Nigerians Repatriated By Cameroonian Government Over Detonated Bo by Mega005(m): 10:19pm On Jul 22, 2015
Damn it cameroon ni ile le ye
Re: Revealed: 2000 Nigerians Repatriated By Cameroonian Government Over Detonated Bo by Demmocrats(m): 10:20pm On Jul 22, 2015
Re: Revealed: 2000 Nigerians Repatriated By Cameroonian Government Over Detonated Bo by Demmocrats(m): 10:20pm On Jul 22, 2015
Ok
Re: Revealed: 2000 Nigerians Repatriated By Cameroonian Government Over Detonated Bo by Mega005(m): 10:22pm On Jul 22, 2015
Welcome back home.. Since baba came to power electricty has been exceptionally. Stable, efcc have gain. Confidence, dss are. Just working like a camel, corrupt politicians have started returning stolen money, refineries are now perfectly ok, southafrica have returned the stolen money that was stolen with bishop oristjafors jet, governors are now cutting salaries into 2, sacking of corrupt and bad eggs in every nooks and crannies of d country, change in military handlers, 2nite my wife told me that peper is now very cheap..lol
I nid to report NEPA(IKEDC) to buhari cuz the 24hrs light they have been giving us is too much cuz we are too use to darkness, anytime I woke up in d midnite and see light I am always scared.. I will have to wake my wife up to follow me to d toilet cuz what we are use to is to visit the toilet in d dark..
Now my bill has jumped up from 5k. Every month to 10k.m nid to see NEPA officials to stop this joke of constant electricity.m its too much jare.. Morning light, afternoon light, night light even mid-nite light haba that's to mush jhor..

1 Like

Re: Revealed: 2000 Nigerians Repatriated By Cameroonian Government Over Detonated Bo by kossyablaze(m): 10:27pm On Jul 22, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Revealed: 2000 Nigerians Repatriated By Cameroonian Government Over Detonated Bo by nnachukz(m): 10:41pm On Jul 22, 2015
if only our leaders could start working for the masses and stop playing to the galleries. if we could hold them accountable for our woes instead of singing blind praise for them, this wouldn't be happening. security has gone from bad to worse.
Re: Revealed: 2000 Nigerians Repatriated By Cameroonian Government Over Detonated Bo by kamair237(m): 10:49pm On Jul 22, 2015
les pueple du Cameroun!!!!
Re: Revealed: 2000 Nigerians Repatriated By Cameroonian Government Over Detonated Bo by foxgiovani(m): 3:26am On Jul 23, 2015
nnachukz:
if only our leaders could start working for the masses and stop playing to the galleries. if we could hold them accountable for our woes instead of singing blind praise for them, this wouldn't be happening. security has gone from bad to worse.
Exactly
Re: Revealed: 2000 Nigerians Repatriated By Cameroonian Government Over Detonated Bo by foxgiovani(m): 12:59pm On Jul 23, 2015
Hmm
Re: Revealed: 2000 Nigerians Repatriated By Cameroonian Government Over Detonated Bo by bugzbunny: 1:01pm On Jul 23, 2015
Deport the zoo
Re: Revealed: 2000 Nigerians Repatriated By Cameroonian Government Over Detonated Bo by foxgiovani(m): 8:13pm On Jul 26, 2015
bugzbunny:
Deport the zoo
Which one is zoo?
Re: Revealed: 2000 Nigerians Repatriated By Cameroonian Government Over Detonated Bo by foxgiovani(m): 10:17pm On Jul 26, 2015
smiley
Re: Revealed: 2000 Nigerians Repatriated By Cameroonian Government Over Detonated Bo by foxgiovani(m): 5:58am On Aug 01, 2015
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

Metuh Under Fire: PDP Workers Allege He Squandered N450m / I'll Shock My Critics With Verifiable Projects –okowa / Alexa Ranks Nairaland 3rd Most Visited Site In Africa And Nigeria,see Full List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.