Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,866 members, 7,813,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Buhari On Revenge Mission Over 1985 Coup That Ousted Him —yakassai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari On Revenge Mission Over 1985 Coup That Ousted Him —yakassai (1390 Views)

The Tanko Yakassai Interview On Channels TV Everyone Is Talking About (Video) / Anenih Lied, I Didn’t Receive Up To N63m From Him- Yakassai / 1985 Coup: How I Led Soldiers To Pick Up Buhari – Col. A. Aminu (rtd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari On Revenge Mission Over 1985 Coup That Ousted Him —yakassai by gare(f): 7:19am On Jul 23, 2015
Alhaji Tanko Yakassai, national chairman, Northern Elders Council (NEC) and elder statesman, has warned former President Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida and all those that participated in the 1985 coup de tat that overthrew General Muhammadu Buhari to prepare for the worst.

Alhaji Yakassai who spoke in an interview with National Daily in Kaduna, categorically warned that the invasion, arrest, detention and ransacking of the residence of the former National Security Adviser (NSA), to former President Goodluck Jonathan, Colonel Sambo Dasuki, is a clear pointer that Buhari is up to something terrible for those who overthrew him 30 years ago.

“I don't know Buhari very closely but those who are close to him told me that he doesn't forget easily neither does he forgive easily. So, with these two submissions in mind, I believe that Dasuki and his likes will not be too surprise on any move by Buhari,” Yakassai stated.

He added that “Again, as National Security Adviser to former President Jonathan, he was the most important personality in the scheme of things, especially, when all security matters must pass through his office before getting to the President. So, his detention was not a surprise because I know sooner than later, he will be targeted.”

Yakassai further observed: “I don't know whether you are aware that he was one of the three officers that arrested General Buhari during the 1985 coup staged by General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida and they took him (Buhari) into detention. From the way things are going now, even if Buhari says he is not on revenge mission, I will not believe him. He may not really be focusing on former President Goodluck Jonathan's aides because he was not the one that overthrew him in 1985. Of course, those who served under Jonathan must also be ready for any consequence. But most importantly are those who overthrew him in that coup must be prepared to face Buhari because I will not be surprised if he eventually turns his focus on them and I think Dasuki's detention is a bad signal to them. I don't want to mention names but they know themselves and they must be prepared to face the worst.”

The elder statesman also said that Buhari should have impacted positively on the lives of Nigerians before embarking on the revenge mission of going after those who overthrew him during the military era.

Officials of the Department of Security Services (DSS), last week, swooped on the residence of the former NSA and ransacked his three homes, two in Abuja and one Sokoto while placing him under house arrest.

But the embattled former National Security Adviser has denied arresting President Muhammadu Buhari, shortly after he was overthrown as a Military Head of State in August 1985.

Source

http://nigeriacommunicationsweek.com.ng/other-business/buhari-on-revenge-mission-over-1985-coup-that-ousted-him-yakassai?utm_source=Verified+List&utm_campaign=9ed9b90fb0-July_237_23_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_a560bb15f8-9ed9b90fb0-47945413
Re: Buhari On Revenge Mission Over 1985 Coup That Ousted Him —yakassai by Demmocrats(m): 7:21am On Jul 23, 2015
V for Vendetta

Revenge is truly a bitchh

Revenge is a meal best served cold

But at the end love conquers all, so my beloved sai buhari to err is human but to forgive is truly divine.

A word is enough for the wise.
www.

1 Like

Re: Buhari On Revenge Mission Over 1985 Coup That Ousted Him —yakassai by DeNoble1(m): 7:21am On Jul 23, 2015
Re: Buhari On Revenge Mission Over 1985 Coup That Ousted Him —yakassai by NaijaSingleBoy(m): 7:22am On Jul 23, 2015
Let me come and read comments and laugh grin
Mods Pls delete the two posts above me let me be FTC cheesy
Re: Buhari On Revenge Mission Over 1985 Coup That Ousted Him —yakassai by eleko1: 7:22am On Jul 23, 2015
Goats angry.The useless man shud tell his fellow thief Dasuki to return all the money/Govt property he looted,Simple.
Re: Buhari On Revenge Mission Over 1985 Coup That Ousted Him —yakassai by macpetrus(m): 7:23am On Jul 23, 2015
No comment
Re: Buhari On Revenge Mission Over 1985 Coup That Ousted Him —yakassai by makzeze: 7:24am On Jul 23, 2015
Yakassai still mourning Jonathan's lost.

1 Like

Re: Buhari On Revenge Mission Over 1985 Coup That Ousted Him —yakassai by Utchgirl(f): 7:25am On Jul 23, 2015
I think dia is a sense in wht dis man said. PMB wz once a soldier.
And once a soldier is alwaz a soldier.

Bt let him nt 4get dt he wz elected 2 serve Nigeria and nt 2 revenge. (if dt is wht he intends 2 do)
Re: Buhari On Revenge Mission Over 1985 Coup That Ousted Him —yakassai by redsconsult(m): 7:26am On Jul 23, 2015
who is this yakassai again .leave the man alone ..if you are scared of him you ve got choice ...the very best choice is to subject ur soul for sucide
Re: Buhari On Revenge Mission Over 1985 Coup That Ousted Him —yakassai by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 23, 2015
Hahahaha... See where muscle pull dey do...
Re: Buhari On Revenge Mission Over 1985 Coup That Ousted Him —yakassai by Young03(m): 7:31am On Jul 23, 2015
Hmmm,.ds man may be sayin d truth
Re: Buhari On Revenge Mission Over 1985 Coup That Ousted Him —yakassai by kossyablaze(m): 7:32am On Jul 23, 2015
Alubarika!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari On Revenge Mission Over 1985 Coup That Ousted Him —yakassai by temitemi1(m): 7:50am On Jul 23, 2015
4 years is here...
Re: Buhari On Revenge Mission Over 1985 Coup That Ousted Him —yakassai by horlabiyi(m): 7:57am On Jul 23, 2015
IF this is true then Buhari is unreasonable with his action. He overthrew a democratic elected president then. So,why is he witch-hunting those that arrested him? He's even planning to attack IBB iLaugh
Re: Buhari On Revenge Mission Over 1985 Coup That Ousted Him —yakassai by stinggy(m): 8:34am On Jul 23, 2015
gare:

“I don't know Buhari very closely but those who are close to him told me that he doesn't forget easily neither does he forgive easily. So, with these two submissions in mind, I believe that Dasuki and his likes will not be too surprise on any move by Buhari,” Yakassai stated.

Yet you can pass judgement on him.
Re: Buhari On Revenge Mission Over 1985 Coup That Ousted Him —yakassai by mrborntodoit: 9:12am On Jul 23, 2015
Buhari should have realized by now that Nigerians aren't interested in his selfish interest but are waiting eagerly for his campaign promises to be fulfilled .
Re: Buhari On Revenge Mission Over 1985 Coup That Ousted Him —yakassai by socialmediaman: 9:16am On Jul 23, 2015
Yes! Everyone now wants to hide under "persecution" and "revenge mission" to protect their loots. Nigerians know better. We don't care if politicians are persecuted to return what they stole from this country. They are on their own. Innocent people have nothing to fear! Face your Justice and leave ordinary Nigerians out of this. They elected you to take of their needs but you decided to go and steal from them, face your problems alone! Period.
Re: Buhari On Revenge Mission Over 1985 Coup That Ousted Him —yakassai by kross101(m): 3:55pm On Jul 23, 2015
Nonsense...so because he was one of the soldiers dat arrested Buhari, he shuldnt b investigated again abi. Atleast accordin to him, they were 3 soldiers and I avnt heard DSS arrested the oda 2 soldiers. All dis old useless men wuld jus open dier mouths and b sayin nonsense...
Re: Buhari On Revenge Mission Over 1985 Coup That Ousted Him —yakassai by kentAire(m): 3:58pm On Jul 23, 2015
eleko1:
Goats angry.The useless man shud tell his fellow thief Dasuki to return all the money/Govt property he looted,Simple.

bros if u think this is an anti corruption fight,

am happy to anounce to you

YOU ARE ON A LONG THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Buhari On Revenge Mission Over 1985 Coup That Ousted Him —yakassai by eleko1: 4:06pm On Jul 23, 2015
Nor worry.The coming days gon be interesting.Just watch and see those irresponsible,useless thieves return their loot.It won't be long.
kentAire:

bros if u think this is an anti corruption fight,

am happy to anounce to you

YOU ARE ON A LONG THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Buhari On Revenge Mission Over 1985 Coup That Ousted Him —yakassai by sammyj: 4:14pm On Jul 23, 2015
This wailing wailers keep on ranting all the time. So probing corruption and impunity is now a revenge mission. Time will tell!!! shocked
Re: Buhari On Revenge Mission Over 1985 Coup That Ousted Him —yakassai by kentAire(m): 4:25pm On Jul 23, 2015
eleko1:
Nor worry.The coming days gon be interesting.Just watch and see those irresponsible,useless thieves return their loot.It won't be long.
I PRAY OOO
Re: Buhari On Revenge Mission Over 1985 Coup That Ousted Him —yakassai by oduastates: 5:04pm On Jul 23, 2015
As if there are no valid reasons to send them all in jail.

(1) (Reply)

VP Osinbajo Welcomes President Buhari In Abuja, After His Trip To Cameroon / Nigerian Government Grants Visa To ‘ISIS Emir’, A Fugitive Lebanese Cleric / Faces Of The Six Men Arrested For Swallowing US$156,000 In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.