Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,925 members, 7,814,106 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. (8698 Views)

Jama’atu Nasril Islam Slams NYSC For Opening Orientation Camps During Ramadan / First Class And Second Class Upper Students / Senate Has Approved NYSC (#49,800) Allawee. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by golddeejay(m): 8:37am On Jul 23, 2015
He is a friend and my reading patner. He just discovered his cgpa is 3.49, the department said they cant upgrade him because he failed a course in his final yr and they have waived the course. So they cant do him two favours. He is so sad and he is contemplating to let the department leave that failed course and spend extra year. Another issue now is he is 29 and will not go for service if he spent extra year. Pls Advice!
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by kestolove95(m): 8:39am On Jul 23, 2015
Na mi dey pay ur skool fees?
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by Chiefia(m): 8:42am On Jul 23, 2015
Finding it hard 2 believe your story.... But Then...I believe He knows better what's best for him... Thank You!
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by golddeejay(m): 8:43am On Jul 23, 2015
kestolove95:
who ask u? The thread is not for u, read and pass ur O'level first.

16 Likes

Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by Adamsdelrio(m): 8:43am On Jul 23, 2015
Double wahala for deadee bodiee.. In Fela's voice. grincheesy
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by jamex93(m): 8:44am On Jul 23, 2015
Mata dey

Better b happy with wat u have
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by golddeejay(m): 8:45am On Jul 23, 2015
Chiefia:
Finding it hard 2 believe your story.... But Then...I believe He knows better what's best for him... Thank You!
yea...it sounds unbelievable. Its so true.
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by Futureleader1(m): 8:47am On Jul 23, 2015
Well...

Am speechless cry
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by golddeejay(m): 8:48am On Jul 23, 2015
Adamsdelrio:
Double wahala for deadee bodiee.. In Fela's voice. grincheesy
chai. Nairaland!
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by philfrey08: 8:49am On Jul 23, 2015
What's there in NYSC.... tho its wonderful but at your age it shouldn't trip u unlike the smallies....

Get that 2.1 oooooo

4 Likes

Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by Futureleader1(m): 8:49am On Jul 23, 2015
kestolove95:
pls nlanders help me check this girl profile picshure
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by Danny4show(m): 8:52am On Jul 23, 2015
@op which school is that?
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by golddeejay(m): 8:54am On Jul 23, 2015
Danny4show:
@op which school is that?
unilorin
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by golddeejay(m): 9:06am On Jul 23, 2015
philfrey08:
What's there in NYSC.... tho its wonderful but at your age it shouldn't trip u unlike the smallies....

Get that 2.1 oooooo
yea...he is business inclined. He already has a small business in sch. But wont nysc cert. be an issue in the d labour market if he eventually needs an employment.
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by 175(m): 9:10am On Jul 23, 2015
This is serious! Why evils Just 0.1 Well If you have the means, repeat that course. . .NYSC na small matter. . .even at 40 years of age, you enter camp clean.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by Danny4show(m): 9:12am On Jul 23, 2015
golddeejay:
unilorin
i taught as much..that is the kind of saddists we have in that school..imagine 3.49... cant advise him to stay back though but it would be better to get that 2:1...but unilorin i knw is not an institutiin you can have 100percent confidence of making that 2:1 even after spending another year in school..so he should choose wisely..

from which department?

3 Likes

Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by golddeejay(m): 9:20am On Jul 23, 2015
Danny4show:
i taught as much..that is the kind of saddists we have in that school..imagine 3.49... cant advise him to stay back though but it would be better to get that 2:1...but unilorin i knw is not an institutiin you can have 100percent confidence of making that 2:1 even after spending another year in school..so he should choose wisely..

from which department?
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by Danny4show(m): 9:29am On Jul 23, 2015
shocked
golddeejay:
computer sci
comp science shocked
golddeejay:
computer sci
comp sci....let him give it a shot... 2:1 is worth spearing a year..
my token though
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by dejt4u(m): 9:30am On Jul 23, 2015
If I am in his shoe, I will re-register the course nd do everything possible to get a good grade in it..

That 0.01 unit is very valuable in labour market and Post graduate schools..

On NYSC stuff? That is very easy.. I will just forget about it nd apply for exemption letter..

3 Likes

Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by adeabi: 10:30am On Jul 23, 2015
without reading the content of your post I knew it would be Unilorin. I am quite familiar with the system of this school.

Before I comment on your post let me briefly share you my experience in that school.

I am/was a student of that school. Since the day I entered that school I never conceded any carry over till 500 level(1st semester) when I played with a particular 1unit course (I say 1 unit course ).I met the man in charge the course through the H.O.D, level adviser and some senior lectures but to no avail than to register the course(automatic extra year) which i did.(plus any 4 unit courses to make it 5 units)
if not because my 2.1 cgpa was very strong, I would have not been able to graduate with my 2.1.(To God be the glory B15 in my mind because i have checked my result)
I don't want to mention my department and faculty because this forum is a small world(because there was a post someone posted about Unilorin.The lecturer commented on it in the class the following day )

If i were you, i would have accepted my faith like that because of the following reasons:

(i) what is the certainty that you will graduate with that 2.1 if you spill over? because you should not have less that B's or at worst ONLY one C in the courses you register.

(ii) is it only by the grade you can make it in life?.who told you can not prove your 2.2 better than 2.1. ?

(iii) have it at back of your mind that you will waste your money, energy and your precious time.

(iv) Although, the chance of getting the job during nysc is slim but some are achieving it.token amount from Nysc will reduce burden from your parent.

My advice: You can only re-register if and only if you have someone/company awaiting you a job with 2.1 (because there are many jobless 2.1 out there) and that will serve as drive/motivation to achieve your goal-2.1.

Yoruba adage says- Ti o ba ko iwaju si o, ko ta, ti o ba ko eyin si o, ko ta, Ti o ba ku iwo nikan, ki o tun ero ara re pa.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by Danny4show(m): 12:23pm On Jul 23, 2015
adeabi:
without reading the content of your post I knew it would be Unilorin. I am quite familiar with the system of this school.

Before I comment on your post let me briefly share you my experience in that school.

I am/was a student of that school. Since the day I entered that school I never conceded any carry over till 500 level(1st semester) when I played with a particular 1unit course (I say 1 unit course ).I met the man in charge the course through the H.O.D, level adviser and some senior lectures but to no avail than to register the course(automatic extra year) which i did.(plus any 4 unit courses to make it 5 units)
if not because my 2.1 cgpa was very strong, I would not been able to graduate with my 2.1.(To God be the B15 in my mind because i have checked my result)
I don't want to mention my department and faculty because this forum is a small world(because there was a post someone posted about Unilorin.The lecturer commented on it in the class the following day )

If i were you, i would have accepted my faith like that because of the following reasons:

(i) what is the certainty that you will graduate with that 2.1 if you spill over? because you should not have less that B's or at worst ONLY one C in the course you register.

(ii) is it only by the grade you can make it in life?.who told you can not prove your 2.2 better that 2.1. ?

(iii) have it at back of your mind that you will wast your money, energy and your precious time.

(iv) Although, the chance of getting the job during nysc is slim but some are achieving it.token amount from Nysc will reduce burden from your parent.

My advice: You can only re-register if and only you have someone/company awaiting you a job with 2.1 (because there are many jobless 2.1 out there) and that will serve as drive/motivation to achieve your goal-2.1.

Yoruba adage says- Ti o ba ko iwaju si o, ko ta, ti o ba ko eyin si o, ko ta, Ti o ba ku iwo nikan, ki o tun ero ara re pa.
nice one bro..i just sent a PM to your mail..will like to talk to you privately...pls do reply...thanks in anticipatn
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by sainty2k3(m): 12:30pm On Jul 23, 2015
golddeejay:
He is a friend and my reading patner. He just discovered his cgpa is 3.49, the department said they cant upgrade him because he failed a course in his final yr and they have waived the course. So they cant do him two favours. He is so sad and he is contemplating to let the department leave that failed course and spend extra year. Another issue now is he is 29 and will not go for service if he spent extra year. Pls Advice!
Age is not on his side with or without Nysc. I think he should just stay back and make 2.1 within the year he can think critically of something profitable to establish and make money
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by Blessedgurl(f): 12:44pm On Jul 23, 2015
He should pray about it. For the department to waive that course shows that even if he spends an extra year he would not get the 2.1. What then happens when he gets a cgpa of 4.98 after the one year?
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by golddeejay(m): 1:28pm On Jul 23, 2015
Danny4show:
shocked let him give it a shot... 2:1 is worth spearing a year..
my token though
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by funmi4love(f): 1:53pm On Jul 23, 2015
adeabi:

if not because my 2.1 cgpa was very strong, I would have not been able to graduate with my 2.1.(To God be the glory B15 in my mind because i have checked my result)

(i) what is the certainty that you will graduate with that 2.1 if you spill over? because you should not have less that B's or at worst ONLY one C in the courses you register.

(ii) is it only by the grade you can make it in life?.who told you can not prove your 2.2 better than 2.1. ?

(iii) have it at back of your mind that you will waste your money, energy and your precious time.

My advice: You can only re-register if and only if you have someone/company awaiting you a job with 2.1 (because there are many jobless 2.1 out there) and that will serve as drive/motivation to achieve your goal-2.1.

I bank on ur advice bravo! Good one
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by golddeejay(m): 4:07pm On Jul 23, 2015
adeabi:

thanks. Ur advice is indepth
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by dubylhover(m): 4:41pm On Jul 23, 2015
1st of all,dat course adviser no try at all..if d man wanted to trully help d guy,he cud do it without d dept knowing,even after d waving..but den again it depends on d num of students grad with a 2 1 in that dept,if they were much,d dept wudnt hepl unnecessarily...

secondly,d guy shud try his possible best to meet any lecturer that took him in a final yr course nd reason well nd beg d lecturer to upgrade his score,mayb from a d to a c or from a c to b..they are human nd wud understand..

3rdly,is it a 1st semester course or 2nd that was waived?cos if its 1st,its an xtra semester..

my final advise for d person...in as much as grade is not a determinant of success,if he is willing to really study hard,he shud stay d xtra year,cos if he eventually makes that 2 1 ,it wud b worth it..he needs every possible advantage he can get..Godspeed nd God bless

cc lalasticlala...pls move to poermanent site grin
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by ngjpub: 5:23pm On Jul 23, 2015
It's sad enough to know the killings in the North East has lingered for years. It gives a deeply sad feeling,coming to terms how GOMBE STATE has become headline for most tabloids thanks to inversion of BH sect in the state.

Gombe State was once my home. Remembering my days as a corps member in that state, a lot has changed. No doubt,we witnessed a few bombings like the one that took place in Gombe State University back then,and others that followed. But today,GOMBE STATE has become a destination for the test-run of any locally designed and newly acquired weapon by this sect. It leaves me heartbroken knowing I still have friends down there.

The big worry is: where are my friends I left behind in GOMBE STATE? Are they still alive? How about the present and future corps members,will they be okay? Friends,I would want to plead with everyone of us. Let's connect with one another for the others and for ourselves. There is an us and we still need us.

Please kindly join us on Facebook if you served or still serving in GOMBE STATE @GOMBE STATE EX-CORPS MEMBERS.

Regards,
Osuji Kenneth Freeman
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by golddeejay(m): 6:14pm On Jul 23, 2015
dubylhover:
1st of all,dat course adviser no try at all..if d man wanted to trully help d guy,he cud do it without d dept knowing,even after d waving..but den again it depends on d num of students grad with a 2 1 in that dept,if they were much,d dept wudnt hepl unnecessarily...

secondly,d guy shud try his possible best to meet any lecturer that took him in a final yr course nd reason well nd beg d lecturer to upgrade his score,mayb from a d to a c or from a c to b..they are human nd wud understand..

3rdly,is it a 1st semester course or 2nd that was waived?cos if its 1st,its an xtra semester..

my final advise for d person...in as much as grade is not a determinant of success,if he is willing to really study hard,he shud stay d xtra year,cos if he eventually makes that 2 1 ,it wud b worth it..he needs every possible advantage he can get..Godspeed nd God bless

cc lalasticlala...pls move to poermanent site grin
the course is in 2nd sem. he got 2 know very late, they dont release final yr result. He got d info thru an insider. All the lecturers have submitted their scoresheets and they have sat over it. The only hope he has is dat the senate are yet to sit, maybe they may have mercy on him. That chance is slim because those people love deducting frm Gp than adding to it.
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by dubylhover(m): 6:28pm On Jul 23, 2015
golddeejay:
the course is in 2nd sem. he got 2 know very late, they dont release final yr result. He got d info thru an insider. All the lecturers have submitted their scoresheets and they have sat over it. The only hope he has is dat the senate are yet to sit, maybe they may have mercy on him. That chance is slim because those people love deducting frm Gp than adding to it.

well..its a pity..if hv trully feels he can concentrate nd make d 2 1..hv shud go for it...but it wont b easy as he might think
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by golddeejay(m): 6:38pm On Jul 23, 2015
dubylhover:

well..its a pity..if hv trully feels he can concentrate nd make d 2 1..hv shud go for it...but it wont b easy as he might think
after seeing his last sem gp. He already prepared his mind for d 'worse'. The fact he is so close makes it painful.
Re: He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. by oluwanoni: 7:11pm On Jul 23, 2015
Baba, abeg tell ur padi make e graduate jeje ooo..almost doesn't count, I know a lot of my colleagues with 2.2 doing great things..

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Know If You Are Going With Stream 1 Or 2. / A thread for corpers posted to Enugu / Batch C14 Posted Ebonyi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.