Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Sendo X Firmware update - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Sendo X Firmware update (1772 Views)

How To Fix Android With IMEI /firmware Baseband Issue / How To Upgrade Htc Inspire 4g Android To 4.0.4 Firmware / Request For Your Offline Nokia Firmware (2) (3) (4)

Sendo X Firmware update by Mikados(m): 12:40pm On Sep 26, 2006
how do i update d firmware of my sendo x in order to prevent it from hanging Occasionally.
Re: Sendo X Firmware update by Neoteny(m): 6:40pm On Oct 06, 2006
there two kinds of RAM in the X: RAM as in flash storage, and RAM as in runtime memory. u can expand the first by buying an mmc or SD card, but hardluck, cant increase ur runtime. u can only free it by closing running apps u aint using, disabling themes, and using taskspy to close running processes that occupy heap and stack space so long as u or the phone OS isnt using those processes and threads.
Re: Sendo X Firmware update by symbianDON(m): 10:33pm On Oct 08, 2006
mikados, honestly i wonder why you would need more ram in the x. the phone boasts of about the largest ram far ahead of virtually every nokia phone! normally you would have approximately 5mb of ram space which is large enough to accommodate every application that runs on the phone. anyhow you can't increase the ram but you can only free up ram space. in addition to neoteny's piece of advice you can also try installing taskspy or psiloc system tools. use the later to work in flight mode and the former to compress memory (ram) & terminate processes running on the system that you do not need.
Re: Sendo X Firmware update by lovaboi: 8:55am On Oct 10, 2006
Haba!wot RAM again in X,mayb u shld make a Personal request frm SENDO CORPORATION <joke>.datz enof,unles u wantu free up memory and stick 2 deir advise.
Re: Sendo X Firmware update by Neoteny(m): 6:33pm On Oct 10, 2006
@symbianDON

actually besides nokia 3650 and 7650 the sendo x has the least amount of runtime mem in the s60 lineup, wen u consider that 5mb is puny as against the 6600's 10mb and and the ngage's 12mb of runtime mem. this explains why u may have had trouble running ngage games on the sendo x whereas those same games may have run perfectly on the 6600 and above. as far as i know only sonicN and puyo pop of all the ngage catalog run on the sendo x and siemens sx-1, while most of these games run well on the 6600 and above. this is because almost all these games require an average of 7mb of runtime mem to run; indeed some non-ngage games such as daedalus 3d, metal bluster, another world, legacy, and sky force reloaded are wellknown ram hogs, needing an average of 6-7mb to execute.

you may make much of the sendo's 30mb of flash ram, but that too is losing appeal given the sheer size of ram certain Nseries phones are packing (N91, 4gb HDD!!). and dont forget, though some Nseries run on symbian OS 8 and 9.x, they STILL are series 60.

psiloc tools? hmm, definite no-no for me anything that says "psiloc". for one thing their apps tend to be bloatware shrouded in fancy skins that are a bitch to uninstall (u have to manually root within the libs and data folders in the system directory in order to delete all those eCommon processors in an effort to uninstall), for another those same eCommon connectors and processors tend to disrupt the functionality of third-party apps that also install sub-processors and eCom Dlls in the same system sub-folders(apps such as http browsers). and all those needless DRM eCommon security components DONT prevent BinPDA and co from cracking psiloc apps.

also, beware of stopping threads with Taskspy in the sendo X: doing so resets the phone for no reason i can yet fathom. u can, however, shut down processes with no fear.

@lovaboi

sadly sendo as a company doesnt exist anymore <sigh, curse you, Microsoft grrr!!>
Re: Sendo X Firmware update by StarboyMichael(m): 10:08am On Jun 10, 2015
What name is sendo company using now. Don't ask what am doing on the old thread grin

Re: Sendo X Firmware update by 2kurupt(m): 11:20pm On Jun 10, 2015
StarboyMichael:
What name is sendo company using now. Don't ask what am doing on the old thread grin

If I can get my history right, Sendo was bought by the original motorola which absorbed it & stopped using the Sendo brand name. Motorola on it's part was taken over by Google which subsequently sold it to Lenovo.

So technically, lenovo is what you're looking for grin

Re: Sendo X Firmware update by StarboyMichael(m): 8:00am On Jun 12, 2015
2kurupt:

If I can get my history right, Sendo was bought by the original motorola which absorbed it & stopped using the Sendo brand name. Motorola on it's part was taken over by Google which subsequently sold it to Lenovo.

So technically, lenovo is what you're looking for grin
Lenovo it is brov. cool
I get the history you detailed. cool
Re: Sendo X Firmware update by 2kurupt(m): 10:49am On Jun 12, 2015
StarboyMichael:

Lenovo it is brov. cool

I was a huge Sendo fan myself, had the Sendo X back then. Presently own a Lenovo Ideapad U430 laptop, it was the best bargain I ever made on a tech purchase. grin
StarboyMichael:

Lenovo it is brov. cool

I was a huge Sendo fan myself, had the Sendo X back then. Presently own a Lenovo Ideapad U430 laptop, it was the best bargain I ever made on a tech purchase. Dunno about their phones though

/ Tecno Camon CX (C10) Versus Infinix S2 Pro / The New Airtel Unlimited Data Plan