Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,520 members, 7,836,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents (32138 Views)

JAMB Explains Why Candidates Can No Longer Apply To Two Public Universities / FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here / Cut-off Mark: Candidates, Parents Head For Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by adet991(f): 2:57pm On Jul 23, 2015
I know diaris God

1 Like

Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by tete7000(m): 2:57pm On Jul 23, 2015
But this cut off suppose to vary across different department now. Are they trying to tell us that those wanting to study medicine and those desiring Yoruba must score the same mark? Aba JAMB! This is not tenable.
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by Adyrin(m): 2:57pm On Jul 23, 2015
Like if you didn't read
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by native2(f): 2:59pm On Jul 23, 2015
I don't think it is necessary for JAMB to keep determining the cut off point for the universities. It is an exercise in futility.
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by kykhelomor(f): 3:00pm On Jul 23, 2015
Nawao,jamb jamming naija stds.thank god am nw an undergraduate
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by fairheven: 3:02pm On Jul 23, 2015
free2ryhme:
grin grin

Our university are too crowded, why not break down the depart and spread it around part of the state..... the ideal of Thousands running to one university when we have others will stop
Good point. The problem is this pple hardly think
One University can have as many campuses and study centres,then the duty of NUC to maintain standard
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by Pelummy(f): 3:04pm On Jul 23, 2015
steppin:

Keep deceiving yourself!
Then help him out cry
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by Lordofwap: 3:06pm On Jul 23, 2015
Hmmm, Thats JAMB for you. I pity dis year applicants tho!

I made FP today tho! #NA GODWIN.
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by horpilow(m): 3:06pm On Jul 23, 2015
Jamb do have point but they could have shift this opinion till next year
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by Kzealz(m): 3:18pm On Jul 23, 2015
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by Kzealz(m): 3:18pm On Jul 23, 2015
it's a pity dat most of us don't read b4 dropping poo as a comment... d fault ain't from jamb... their cut off mark is 180..but due to d alarming number of candidates seeking admission into some of d renounced universities like unilag...such institution hv to increase their cut off so dy wulnt admit more dan their facilities can accommodate...
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 23, 2015
nicerichard05:
Ok o.. Anyway today is my Birthday can i get 1000like

1k likes, u funny oo

1 Like

Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by Babebee: 3:28pm On Jul 23, 2015
"....It explained that because of the development, the board decided that some of the candidates who chose such institutions but fall below their cut off marks should not miss out, hence the need to send them to other schools.

The statement added that such a gesture should rather be applauded, instead of condemning the Dibu Ojerinde-led JAMB management."

Abeg who wan pay school fees for the Private Universities they are being sent to too?
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by Nomzylicious(f): 3:33pm On Jul 23, 2015
Jamexjulius:
J
j for what? Jamb9
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by vindisick: 3:37pm On Jul 23, 2015
Freemanan:

WE know una type...
. did he say anything derogative?. he just aired his view that instead of jamb talking about increasing or decreasing the National cut off, they should try opening more university to ease frustration
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by LOC1(m): 3:43pm On Jul 23, 2015
JAMB is only fooling around. For Christ sake, UNILAG stated it on their website that the cut off is 200 and even if we are to consider the instance of choosing those that scored above 250 that means sumtin is wrong somewhere because I see no reason why we should deceive ourselves. I was at JAMB office today and there were a lot of fellas who scored above 250 but were declared not eligible whilst there are others who didnt score up to 210 in the same discipline but have been given the go ahead to print their payment advice. Infact JAMB is a scam, Dibu is a fraudster and it is time we scrapped it.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by seangy4konji: 3:46pm On Jul 23, 2015
Ok.
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by Olufemiolaolu(m): 3:50pm On Jul 23, 2015
Good, but some candidates with lowwer score shd be given a chance abeg.
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 23, 2015
FORUMgod:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/jamb-explains-admission-procedure-to-protesting-candidates-parents/#sthash.2HpVcE6f.dpuf

At least it's better than Nothing But why not decentralized where students can apply to any university of their choice for post jamb. For example Osasuyi didn't beat Unizik cut off, he can apply to Lagos state university instead of just one choice of university. This one choice of university is compounding the admission problem here in Nigeria.
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 23, 2015
What's the fuss about? Unilag set its cutoff mark at 250. You got less than that, JAMB helped you by assigning you to another university. If you are not satisfied, apply for change of institution abi it's not available?
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by Mancity26(m): 4:04pm On Jul 23, 2015
Freemanan:
WE know una type...
when u nd introvert miss ftc... Una no dey happy at all
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by Mancity26(m): 4:05pm On Jul 23, 2015
steppin:
Keep deceiving yourself!
thank u 4ur advice
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by dabossman(m): 4:12pm On Jul 23, 2015
These children of nowadays dey enjoy o! You score 180 over 400 for JAMB, your papa con carry placard follow you dey go protest. My papa go don give you your life story tey tey. Walahi, you go write that exam again until you get like 250-300. Na if he pity you na him e go try use connection help you get another course. Protest ke? Forgerrit! tongue

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by dabossman(m): 4:14pm On Jul 23, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
Good, but some candidates with lowwer score shd be given a chance abeg.

They can try UNIMAID. grin grin
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by ibolomo(m): 4:17pm On Jul 23, 2015
sidneyj:
Story for the gods. Must it take effect now. Why can't they wait for next section. Corruption is speaking
Must everything be blamed on corruption and bad leaders?
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by amparas(m): 4:39pm On Jul 23, 2015
SO
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by Omotayor123(f): 4:43pm On Jul 23, 2015
Hmm. Does that justify choosing institution for them

Make them cancel jamb biko. And let's the candidates And school hustle & Decide.
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by baconadoke: 4:48pm On Jul 23, 2015
Am worried abt d JAMB curt off point cus mine is exactly 180!pls God help me. Am tired of stayin at hom doing noting.
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 23, 2015
baconadoke:
Am worried abt d JAMB curt off point cus mine is exactly 180!pls God help me. Am tired of stayin at hom doing noting.

Go start business
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by dabossman(m): 5:34pm On Jul 23, 2015
baconadoke:

I'm sure you'll find a university and a course that will accept your 180. Just don't try Unilag.
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by front247: 5:34pm On Jul 23, 2015
When all dis so called student graduates where are u going to absorb them.
Re: JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents by favourmic(m): 5:36pm On Jul 23, 2015
I wish the president can do something about it, I have never write jamb for once in my life because of what? While their are school out side the country that don't know what they called jamb, God punish devil

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Female Children Are More Beneficial To The Family Than Male Children-oppose / Nigerian Universities To Revert To Five Point Scale Of Grading System - NUC / Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.