Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab (32127 Views)

Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. / Mother Beats Up Teachers In Ibadan School For Disciplining Her Daughter (VIDEO) / Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Ritzy10(f): 8:25am On Jul 05, 2019
Man Embarrassed As UI International School Refused Letting His Daughter In Because Of Hijab

A parent, Dr. Idris Olabode Badiru, on Thursday, raised the alarm over what he termed as molestation and inhuman treatment of his daughter, Ikhlas Badiru, by the Principal of International School, Univerity of Ibadan, Mrs. Phebean Olowe, the School Accountant identified as Mr. Odewale and other staff of the school.

Badiru, who has two children, a male and female that are currently attending the school, raised this alarm via a “save our soul” message.

Recall that the use of Hijab has since November 2018 has been generating a lot of controversies, which made parents of some Muslim students to jointly sue the school, its principal, University of Ibadan and Chairman of the Board of Governors of the school who also doubled as Deputy Vice-Chancellor of the university.

Badiru said, “Earlier this week, my children (a girl and a boy) informed me of ISI principal’s decision to prevent students of the school from wearing any adornment on the school uniform inside and outside the school premises. I found the outside part absurd and downplayed the information.

“On Wednesday, 3rd July 2019, I took my children to school and noticed a small crowd of students gathered about 80 metres or thereabout away from the school gate. My children promptly informed me that the accounts section was checking payment clearance before allowing them in.

“The security man and Mr. Odewale of the accounts section were issuing some instructions. I then moved closer and learnt that they wanted my daughter to remove her Hijab before walking down towards the gate and she refused. I felt enraged as any reasonable man would when his daughter’s honour is violated. Moreover, that space belongs to University of Ibadan, a Federal institution. That was Mr. Odewale’s second time of harassing my daughter over the use of the Hijab.

“At the close of work on Wednesday, I picked my children from the school and was reliably informed that the Principal, Mrs. Olowe went to my daughter’s class to embarrass her during the second period. This annoyed me further as I felt she was psychologically terrorising my daughter, and therefore, informed my friends and elders again who still called for calm.

“This morning, 4th July, I got to the gate and met hordes of UI security men and a couple of gun wielding policemen at the same place. They had stopped my daughter from proceeding towards the gate. I enquired from the Unibadan Chief Security Officer, who led the team and he insisted that my daughter must remove her Hijab, far from the gate and on UI soil, before she could proceed further.

“I felt deprived of my rights to raise my daughter in line with my religious calling, especially within the premises of UI, where I put in my dues as an academic staff. I am however consoled by the fact that I am on the right path and justice will always prevail, no matter how long. Moreover, history is replete with information on the miserable end of all oppressors and their accomplices.”

Watch the video
https://zenithnaija.com/man-embarrassed-as-ui-intl-school-refused-letting-his-daughter-because-of-hijab/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Ritzy10(f): 8:26am On Jul 05, 2019
embarassed
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 05, 2019
Why did she refused to remove the hijab?
She must have been hiding something.

If a piece of clothing defines who you are,
Then you have no business going to school.

263 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by KelvinCX(m): 8:34am On Jul 05, 2019
what's the big deal in removing hijab. If you can't comply with the rules then GTF out

188 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Infinityk: 8:42am On Jul 05, 2019
Even though I'm a Yoruba
This stupidity by Yoruba Muslims should stop
There are more important things an average Yoruba should worry about
Like building skyscrapers estates industrial cities technological advancement and so on
This is just dumb and stupid

214 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by 151487made(m): 8:49am On Jul 05, 2019
ISI don win this mata for court why looking for trouble again

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by pek(m): 11:15am On Jul 05, 2019
Trouble maker! If the school has outlawed any other wearing apart from the school uniform, why do you still take your child there? There are other schools you can enroll her in.

121 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Obainoneandonly(m): 11:53am On Jul 05, 2019
some people just like to be looking for trouble where there isn't. this is a simple case,since its the school policy dat there should b no hijab,then you should re enrol her in anoda school that allow hijab. there are so many Islamic school in Ibadan Na. they just want to use it as anoda propaganda and gain national notoriety. even in that there Islamic school its mandatory that a female student must wear hijab,if you not they won't let you in. the man is a complete fool and he's raising his children wrongly. to me I see those wearing that hijab as been in captivity. chained spirituality

118 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Ritzy10(f): 12:14pm On Jul 05, 2019
cc: lalasticlala
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by VJgenga: 1:04pm On Jul 05, 2019
Okay
Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Reffone: 1:05pm On Jul 05, 2019
She might have a bomb under there

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Okoyeebo: 1:05pm On Jul 05, 2019
This case has gone to the court and the hijab gang lost it.

If you want to wear hijab, go to an Islamic School.
If you want to wear cassock or, go to a missionary school.

It is utmost stupidity for this ignorant father to keep making noise over a case they lost.

UI international school isn't a missionary or Islamic school. Let everyone maintain the status quo.

131 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Abbeyme: 1:05pm On Jul 05, 2019
Lol.

Let him remove the embarrassment na

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Xisnin(m): 1:05pm On Jul 05, 2019
The court already sided with the school.

The attention seeker should move his daughter to a religious school.
Have anybody noticed that none of these fanatical parents care about their sons not wearing caps
or turban to school?
These control freaks are obsessed with women mode of dressing.
I won't be surprised if the poor kid is being threatened at home to wear hijab or die.

What a useless parent using his kid to fight a political war.

69 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Olukat(m): 1:06pm On Jul 05, 2019
There's no need to complain about school policy shocked
If you are not comfortable, withdraw your ward to where masquerades are worn to school

29 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by apcmustwin(f): 1:06pm On Jul 05, 2019
Nonsense and ingredient. Is hijab part of the school uniform? Take ur child to a faith based school if hijab is your problem.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Flier: 1:06pm On Jul 05, 2019
KelvinCX:
what's the big deal in removing hijab. If you can't comply with the rules then GTF out
Dont mind the foolish man and if we talk now they will say we are calling them terrorist
Imagine making your own children to go against school rule because of religion.What kind of adult are they going to become And this is why we have abdumutalab Of this world

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Benite: 1:06pm On Jul 05, 2019
Oga it is not compulsory to attend the school, every institution is governed by rules, if you are not ok with it then take your child to islamic school were it is allowed. Shouuu na by force?
Indeed the so called Idris Olabode Badiru is a trouble maker. You can't force your rules on school, obviously your so called "Dr" title is a tragic waste with this your attitude and mentality, imagine your religion comes first before your childs education and well being. Every child is expected to dress same, that is why it is called "uniform".
You are truly Bad Mr Badiru and should be ashamed of yourself.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Dazonic: 1:07pm On Jul 05, 2019
See the father's reaction full video here all because of hijab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlxPyA_yFAs

1 Like

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Abbeyme: 1:07pm On Jul 05, 2019
Before the extremist peeps guiding this sort of news makes it compulsory to abide by one rubbish declaration.

Forced, Rubbish declaration

7 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 05, 2019
if you can't keep religion in it rightful place, then leave secular education and focus on your religious education

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Bsmartt(m): 1:08pm On Jul 05, 2019
This is disheartening. I hope they will also stop all female students wearing hijab in the University of Ibadan .

2 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Chiefqueenn(f): 1:08pm On Jul 05, 2019
If hijab isn't part of the school uniform, she shouldn't wear it. Simple

21 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Okoyeebo: 1:08pm On Jul 05, 2019
You know the funny thing, this idiotic father is here fighting for hijab when Nicki Minaj is going to perform in Saudi Arabia to shake bumbum at those going for pilgrimage.

Your Senior Alhajis and Mullahs in Saudi would see Nicki twerk and their deak would stand like Danfo gear. cheesy
I'm sure some pastors go use that opportunity go Saudi for 'evangelism'. Na Nigerians holy pass. Hypocrites

Dey here dey carry religion for head when Saudi don invite Nicki Minaj to come twerk for them. Oponu.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by MrPRevailer(m): 1:08pm On Jul 05, 2019
Please respect the UI school policy. Dress code is strictly school uniform.
When she go out side she can dress as you want her to. #NoHijab won't change her religious virtue.

Alright

6 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 05, 2019
The thing about uniforms is that they are meant to prepare students for the world of tomorrow where they would be wearing uniforms too....uniforms which might not meet their religious and personal needs.

I'm not a Muslim, but I can get that many of the Muslim parents don't want their daughters to be 'contaminated' by the world. But in times past, many Muslim girls wore 'secular' uniforms, and did not lose their religion at all.One cannot change the world to suit someone, one must be ready to adapt to a strange world.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by Omudia11: 1:08pm On Jul 05, 2019
Lol

1 Like

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by PapaAdanna: 1:09pm On Jul 05, 2019
I don't why these extremist keep disturbing the peace of this nation, even to the point of making a case for this DIRTY piece of cloth

Those Dark Dented Forehead people have some paradigm shift

And I am very serious about it

12 Likes

Re: Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab by itsme01: 1:09pm On Jul 05, 2019
smiley

1 Corrithians 11-6
For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.

Africans dark hearted fools masqurading themselves as christlike.

*Your ancestors use veil, head ties and caps
*Jesus that they claim to copy, uses head coverings, skull caps, his mother holy mary uses scarfs and hijab, jews cover their heads but our Nigerian hypocrites get intimidated by it.
*The Orthodox Christians and the Colonialist cover their heads or hair but not the Coza coza hypocrites who now know better than jesus himself.
*Since this nonsense Americans introduced moraly bankrupt Pentecostal, they have done just about everything Jehovah, Yahweh , Jesus and Other Prophets warned Jews about, they would rather qoute verses written by mere disciples or followers of Jesus who denied him during his dieing moments to counter verses of Prophet of God like moses and Abraham....

Jesus already said he would deny them in heaven especially the ones who hide behind his name to nurture evil and hate against others.

We need real soul searching. How is my daughter.covering her hairs affect your daughter using a weave on?

11 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents / Sylvester Oromoni Was Told To Describe His Sister’s Private Part - Father / Unilag Postgraduate Information Thread 2021/2022 Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.