Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Osita Ebiem: Nigeria, Media Propaganda And Governance By Slogans By Osita Ebiem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osita Ebiem: Nigeria, Media Propaganda And Governance By Slogans By Osita Ebiem (647 Views)

Umahi's 2 Years Of Impactful Governance By Philip Nweze / 15 Things Buhari Is Doing To Cut Down Cost Of Governance By Lauretta Onochie / Dedication Of House Constructed By Osita Chidoka In Obosi, Anambra) (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osita Ebiem: Nigeria, Media Propaganda And Governance By Slogans By Osita Ebiem by begod: 7:16pm On Jul 23, 2015
Nigeria has just transitioned into a new
political regime on May 29, 2015.
(Incidentally, May 29 in history marks the
official date when Igbo Genocide in
Nigeria began in 1966.) The new
Nigerian leader Muhammadu Buhari is
an Islamic fundamentalist from the
northern part who took over from
Goodluck Jonathan a Christian from the
south. Buhari had first ruled the country
about twenty years ago as a military
dictator. He led a coup d’état that
overthrew a civilian government.
Buhari is a Fulani whose ethnic group
believes that only individuals from their
ethnic and religious group are “born-to-
rule” Nigeria as long as the country
remains one country. Buhari as a Muslim
is also a staunch believer in sharia
implementation in Nigeria. This is how
he expressed it; “I will continue to show
openly and inside me the total
commitment to the Sharia movement
that is sweeping all over Nigeria”.
Buhari thinks that the implementation
of Sharia in Nigeria is ‘’a legal
responsibility which God has given us
[Muslims leaders], within the context of
one Nigeria to continue to uphold the
practice of Sharia wholeheartedly and to
educate non-Muslims.” For twelve years
the fight to take over the presidency of
Nigeria became a do or die affair for
Buhari because; “what remains for
Muslims in Nigeria [to do] is for them to
redouble their efforts, [and] educate
Muslims on the need to promote the full
implementation of Sharia law” (This and
the one above are quoted from Buhari’s
address in an Islamic seminar in Kaduna
in 2012.) source: www.biafraradio.com/2015/06/08/osita-ebiem-nigeria-media-propaganda-and-governance-by-slogans/
Re: Osita Ebiem: Nigeria, Media Propaganda And Governance By Slogans By Osita Ebiem by shalomm: 7:16pm On Jul 23, 2015

1 Like

Re: Osita Ebiem: Nigeria, Media Propaganda And Governance By Slogans By Osita Ebiem by Niwdog(m): 7:16pm On Jul 23, 2015
t
Re: Osita Ebiem: Nigeria, Media Propaganda And Governance By Slogans By Osita Ebiem by Demmocrats(m): 7:35pm On Jul 23, 2015
Re: Osita Ebiem: Nigeria, Media Propaganda And Governance By Slogans By Osita Ebiem by begod: 7:46pm On Jul 23, 2015
Demmocrats:
it has not started yet
Re: Osita Ebiem: Nigeria, Media Propaganda And Governance By Slogans By Osita Ebiem by 7lives: 8:09pm On Jul 23, 2015
What is this one saying, i was born a Muslim but now a christian, my father is still a practicing Muslim, two of my siblings are now Christian like me while the others are still Muslims.
If our religious differences is not an issue why should you or anybody make it so, Mr crusader your propaganda is dead on arrival, let me help you, why not start by telling Christians to stop working for Muslims provided you can pay their salaries.
Tell Christians to reject Muslim patronage in their business. Christians should stop going to the Arab countries in search of petrodollars as most of these Arab countries operate sharia laws.
If you cannot personally apply these suggestion to your so called christian life, then f#CK you, you are a hypocrite, you are not a christian and so cannot speak for us.
Re: Osita Ebiem: Nigeria, Media Propaganda And Governance By Slogans By Osita Ebiem by begod: 8:19pm On Jul 23, 2015
7lives:
What is this one saying, i was born a Muslim but now a christian, my father is still a practicing Muslim, two of my siblings are now Christian like me while the others are still Muslims.
If our religious differences is not an issue why should you or anybody make it so, Mr crusader your propaganda is dead on arrival, let me help you, why not start by telling Christians to stop working for Muslims provided you can pay their salaries.
Tell Christians to reject Muslim patronage in their business. Christians should stop going to the Arab countries in search of petrodollars as most of these Arab countries operate sharia laws.
If you cannot personally apply these suggestion to your so called christian life, then f#CK you, you are a hypocrite, you are not a christian and so cannot speak for us.
you say you are now a Christian but listen to yourself, what a contradiction.

(1) (Reply)

What Do Nigerians Really Want From President Buhari? / Re:pdp's Style Of Opposition Hollow, Convoluted - APC• The Misinformation / Photo: Ex-chief Security Officer To GEJ, Obua, Hospitalized At National Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.