Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,826 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

The Marketing Profession In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Marketing Profession In Nigeria (1153 Views)

Highest Paid Professionals And Most Lucrative Profession In Nigeria / Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession / Meet The Lady Who Takes Painting As A Profession (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Marketing Profession In Nigeria by Ricovendetta(m): 9:41pm On Jul 23, 2015
Ok so I've being sobbing on a solo cause I still cant figure why everyone in the country seems to get the wrong notion about the marketing profession. once you submit your c.v and Marketing is being sighted you are automatically expected to walk under the sun or in the rain in a bid to magically manufacture customers. This notion is quite annoying considering the fact that the profession happens to be one of the highest paid abroad. I think its rather absurd for one to spend years in a tertiary institution mastering a course like Marketing only to be expected to roam the streets in a bid to lure customers with their jobs threatened with the target tactics. Please I need your reactions my people.
Re: The Marketing Profession In Nigeria by rheether(f): 10:06pm On Jul 23, 2015
Marketers are noise makers. How useful can you get? Manufacture the customers make lots of noise..

Lolz. Don't mind me. Quoting ma old friend Kato
Re: The Marketing Profession In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 10:17pm On Jul 23, 2015
Op wat exactly do u want?

U want d kind of job where u will sit down behind a desk,type,make phone calls n fill forms?
Re: The Marketing Profession In Nigeria by Ricovendetta(m): 10:40pm On Jul 23, 2015
yomi007k:
Op wat exactly do u want?

U want d kind of job where u will sit down behind a desk,type,make phone calls n fill forms?

I'll tell u wot I want bro, No profession is independent. I want the same recognition engineers, med doc and lawyers got because marketing is just as important, if not, spending 4-5 yrs in the university will be totally unnecessary, I want employers to quit working with their individual selfish and demeaning understanding of the marketing profession. Its just not reasonable spending time and money to afford u a better treatment from the society only to be treated lesser. if marketers are gon be sent out on the field they need to be valued.
Re: The Marketing Profession In Nigeria by Ricovendetta(m): 10:43pm On Jul 23, 2015
rheether:
Marketers are noise makers. How useful can you get? Manufacture the customers make lots of noise..

Lolz. Don't mind me. Quoting ma old friend Kato

Izzorait.
Re: The Marketing Profession In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 10:50pm On Jul 23, 2015
Ricovendetta:

I'll tell u wot I want bro, No profession is independent. I want the same recognition engineers, med doc and lawyers got because marketing is just as important, if not, spending 4-5 yrs in the university will be totally unnecessary, I want employers to quit working with their individual selfish and demeaning understanding of the marketing profession. Its just not reasonable spending time and money to afford u a better treatment from the society only to be treated lesser. if marketers are gon be sent out on the field they need to be valued.

Those are ur wants.

Wat u really need is to value urself. I personally respect marketers n anybody who hustles. For d world belong to those who hustle.

U need to learn how ur marketing system works so that u can play a vital role in it.

U need to gain experience n let ur CV stand out so that u can be d boss.

Bros I have seen Engr,docs n Lawyers dt aren't finding it funny. Do u think its all rosy for them?
Life aint easy for anybody.
Don't let d packaging fool u.
Re: The Marketing Profession In Nigeria by Ricovendetta(m): 11:03pm On Jul 23, 2015
yomi007k:

Those are ur wants.

Wat u really need is to value urself. I personally respect marketers n anybody who hustles. For d world belong to those who hustle.

U need to learn how ur marketing system works so that u can play a vital role in it.

U need to gain experience n let ur CV stand out so that u can be d boss.

Bros I have seen Engr,docs n Lawyers dt aren't finding it funny. Do u think its all rosy for them?
Life aint easy for anybody.
Don't let d packaging fool u.

If only you could see thangs from my glasses mehn! u'll knw am not just speaking for me alone. Other profession face the same challenge but I can only speak for my likes. However thanks for your contribution. i can make gold out a few words
Re: The Marketing Profession In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 11:23pm On Jul 23, 2015
Ricovendetta:

If only you could see thangs from my glasses mehn! u'll knw am not just speaking for me alone. Other profession face the same challenge but I can only speak for my likes. However thanks for your contribution. i can make gold out a few words

U welcome.

How many years are u in d profession?
Re: The Marketing Profession In Nigeria by Ricovendetta(m): 12:20am On Jul 24, 2015
yomi007k:

U welcome.
How many years are u in d profession?
I just wrapped up my nysc.
Re: The Marketing Profession In Nigeria by Ugodcatalyst: 12:50pm On Jul 24, 2015
I know an online venture (towncryer.com.ng) that needs marketers urgently, heard the pay is about 40k plus commission. They are quite new. Interested individuals should check the site out and send CVs to career@towncryer.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Make Bags,shoes,slippedrs, Etc Here / The Fraud Going On At Dangote Refinaries, Ibeju Lekki / Name A Book That Changed Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.