Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O (5424 Views)

Soldiers And IPOB Clash In Abia, Dangote Truck On Fire (Video, Photos) / MURIC: "Fayose Wants To Set Nigeria On Fire, Nobody Should Blame Muslims For..." / Tompolo Boys Defy Buhari, Vows To Set Nigeria On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O by demandtruth: 2:05am On Jul 24, 2015
ochejoseph:
‎It was Carl Shurz who said that  " you cannot subvert your neighbours rights without striking a dangerous blow at your own. 
‎The Niger delta and by extension the South South south East Geo- political zone produce over 90% Of Nigeria's crude.

Till date crude oil Export still account for over 80% of Nigeria's export earnings. 

Taking a critical look at the lopsided nature of recent appointments ,the complex "ethnoreligioous" composition   of the Nigerian state, this statement by General Buhari can set the nation of Fire 

“Going by election results, constituencies that gave me 97% can not in all honesty be treated, on some issues, with constituencies that gave me 5%. I think these are political realities. While, certainly there will be justice for everybody but the people who voted, and made their votes count, they must feel the government has appreciated the effort they put in putting the government in place. I think this is really fair”

President Muhammadu Buhari.

The President must desist from sectionalising   the country and   see himself as father to all , Yes it is correct to reward support but openly coming out to tell a region that accounts for 90 % of your earning that they will be "punished" for voting for your opponent who incidentally is thier son,  is a recipe for anarchy and return to the days of lawlessness just that this time it will come with the blessings entire states and communities. 

The North gave President Jonathan the least number of votes in 2011 but the North benefited the most from the Jonathan administration.
Over 402 Almajiri schools were built , the First High speed rail in sub-Saharan Africa went to the North , Massive rice cultivation and empowerment of Northern rice Farmers , 9 of the 11 brand New Universities established by President Jonathan were located in the North, the contract for the Mambila Hydro electric plant is the biggest contract awarded by the Jonathan Administration .

Inflicting more pain  on the South South after the defeat of their Son by Almajiri votes in the words of Gov Kwankwaso  leaves much to be desired. 

May God Continue to Bless Nigeria and Nigerians! 

Shalom!!!!!

You lack knowledge and as such, you believe all rumours that you
grasp from the bear parlour.

In the absence of knowledge, people like you would accept
poison as therapy.

1 Like

Re: This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O by ochejoseph(m): 6:47am On Jul 24, 2015
demandtruth:

You lack knowledge and as such, you believe all rumours that you
grasp from the bear parlour.

In the absence of knowledge, people like you would accept
poison as therapy.

Hmmmmmm thanks for the "compliment"

I stand for the truth statement's like this is not what Nigeria Needs after a nail bitting elections
Re: This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O by YouthsPC0: 7:07am On Jul 24, 2015
God Bless you
Re: This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O by ochejoseph(m): 10:47am On Jul 24, 2015
ladyF:
Link to where he made the statement and the circumstances surrounding it.

Guess you not been following the transcript of his speeches !
Re: This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O by ochejoseph(m): 10:49am On Jul 24, 2015
ajoskele:
A Wailing Wailer!!

It's not about Wailing Nigeria will still be here long after APC and PDP are gone just like the way SDP and NRC are now history!
Re: This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O by ochejoseph(m): 10:51am On Jul 24, 2015
Jorussia:
he said in some issues,which is true.If you are the president today, you will say the same thing.The reality is that you can't expect the south east to get the same level of federal with south west in this dispensation. pmb was been honest with himself, it will be a political suicide for him to treat all regions equally.

I disagree with you, as the leader of a complex nation like Nigeria there are things that you must not be heard saying especially after a heated election like the one we just had
Re: This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O by Jorussia(m): 10:56am On Jul 24, 2015
ochejoseph:

I disagree with you, as the leader of a complex nation like Nigeria there are things that you must not be heard saying especially after a heated election like the one we just had
Its better he said it publicly in a decent manner the way he just did,than for propagandist to start carrying it about with heinous intentions. Let me ask you is it desame love you have for all your friends?
Re: This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 24, 2015
Buhari's "bitterness" cannot be cured even if he is made president of the whole world. This dude is damn bitter
Re: This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O by ahaz: 11:18am On Jul 24, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
Abeg free baba
By the way, he's just playing mind games. Everybody will be treated equally irrespective of your ethnicity, tribe or geo political zone.
make sure you repeat this statement when the consequences begin to play
Re: This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O by omolami: 11:20am On Jul 24, 2015
When Nigeria has a terrorist as president, what do you expect?. President Buhari speaking
Re: This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O by sunnyb0b0(m): 11:24am On Jul 24, 2015
ladyF:
Link to where he made the statement and the circumstances surrounding it.

There you go;

I will not treat all regions equally, Buhari -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paLHi4ieE7A
Re: This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O by GidisFinest: 11:25am On Jul 24, 2015
PDP People just trying to make Nigeria worse...
Re: This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O by GidisFinest: 11:35am On Jul 24, 2015
He said""(Going by election results), constituencies that gave me 97% can not in all honesty be treated, on some issues, with constituencies that gave me 5%. I think these are political realities. While, certainly there will be justice for everybody but the people who voted, and made their votes count, they must feel the government has appreciated the effort they put in putting the government in place. I think this is really fair."....

"But by the constitutions, no state can be excluded from Government. So there is no way, even if I want to show gratitude to those constituencies that heavily voted for me against those that didn't even vote for me. They have the protection of the government and I have made an undertaking that I belong to everybody ,belong to nobody. If I cant clearly ensure or marginalize certain group because they didn't vote for me then I am already contradicting myself and I am sure people will be too quick to pick that"
Re: This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O by BankeSmalls(f): 11:39am On Jul 24, 2015
coolestrogue:
As far as the main stay of this zoo is crude oil, we will hold this country to ransom. Any attempt by any zombie to cheat us will be resisted.
We will bring down this zoo to its knee, and make sure there is no production for 1 month, then you will know how not to bite the hands that feeds you.

Wailing wailer, it may be too late for that. When ojukwu wanted to fight, adaka boro fought him. You see your life?.
Re: This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O by kaypound(m): 11:46am On Jul 24, 2015
Provided he moves the country forward, fights corruption to a stand still and kill nepotism i careless who is here or there....

we need round pegs in round holes and people that are competent for the job.
Re: This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O by ochejoseph(m): 7:13am On Jul 25, 2015
Bekwarra:
Hmnnn

Lol hope you have seen the NIMASA news
Re: This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O by londoner: 8:19am On Jul 25, 2015
Jorussia:
he said in some issues,which is true.If you are the president today, you will say the same thing.The reality is that you can't expect the south east to get the same level of federal with south west in this dispensation. pmb was been honest with himself, it will be a political suicide for him to treat all regions equally.

Well then let SE break away. What he is really saying is that he does not believe in democracy and he IS NOT the president of all. I can not imagine any president saying that basically he will work more the the voters that voted for him.

Imagine such a thing coming from Obama's mouth and actions - you can't picture it right?
Re: This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O by Jorussia(m): 9:14am On Jul 25, 2015
londoner:

Well then let SE break away. What he is really saying is that he does not believe in democracy and he IS NOT the president of all. I can not imagine any president saying that basically he will work more the the voters that voted for him.

Imagine such a thing coming from Obama's mouth and actions - you can't picture it right?
my guy in a democracy majority will always its way,while minority will have its say.when GEJ neglected the south west it was because the region gave the PDP minimal support. I repeat,it will be a political suicide for any president in Nigeria, to consider treating both the regions that gave him minimal and maximum support during elections equally. My guy,let's face reality, a society of egalitarianism is a fallacy. if God himself has favourite among his children, who is PMB not to have his favourite among his regions and states?
Re: This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O by kotv: 9:25am On Jul 25, 2015
Jorussia:

Then let him use the resources from south west to favour them, no problem. the oil from ss and se should not be used to favour others. buhari better thread carefully.
Re: This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O by Jorussia(m): 9:40am On Jul 25, 2015
kotv:

Then let him use the resources from south west to favour them, no problem. the oil from ss and se should not be used to favour others. buhari better thread carefully.
the vat and other non oil taxes that mainly comes from lagos and Ogun state, don't they share it with all the regions?all the custom and port revenues which also comes mainly from lagos and Ogun don't they share it other regions? Is ondo(south west) no longer an oil producing state again?If GEJ neglected the south west, which i don't see anything wrong in what he did,because no sensible President in nigeria will give the same level of treatment to both regions that gave him minimal and maximum support. As for me,i am from Edo state, you cannot except us here after all the humiliation and threats we passed through to gv PMB 45% in last poll,to enjoy the same level of federal presence in both appointment and infrastructure with a state like delta or cross river who gave him less than 5%.If any major projects and industries is coming to ss it MUST be edo first before any other region.When GEJ went to ogidigbe(Delta) to flagoff a multibillion dollars project we in Edo didn't complain.Any attempt by the states who gave pmb minimum or no support in the last poll to blackmail him,we will resist it.
Re: This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O by hinwazaka: 11:07am On Jul 25, 2015
In lieu of the defence put up by the APC media quack bandwagon, the damage done by this goof is glaring. This is a statement a PRESIDENT shouldn't be rumoured to be saying not to talk of it being credited to him- Raypower's The Platform
Re: This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O by ochejoseph(m): 11:39am On Jul 25, 2015
hinwazaka:
In lieu of the defence put up by the APC media quack bandwagon, the damage done by this goof is glaring. This is a statement a PRESIDENT shouldn't be rumoured to be saying not to talk of it being credited to him- Raypower's The Platform

You have spoken well this period is too sensitive for such blunders
Re: This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O by YouthsPC0: 11:41am On Jul 25, 2015
Mods Pls do the Needful!
Afam4eva, OAM4J, Ikenna351 lalasticlala
Re: This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 25, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

Cry of a wailing wailer.

THINK!!!
Re: This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O by ItsMeAboki(m): 5:41pm On Jul 25, 2015
londoner:

It would seem that you and your ilk from the SE aka Wailing Wailers are afflicted with a monumental problem of poor comprehension or just damn too lazy at reading and hearing.

Since Buhari's speech, you ppl have saturated the airwaves with raucous wailing like wounded hyenas; you uploaded several copies of the video and transcript of his speech to buttress your perceived case of supposed marginalization, unfortunately focusing only on a small part of the speech taken and twisted out of context; while many of you are often quick to brag about your alleged educational superiority over that of others attendant with your usual insults; yet none of you from this so called educated tribe seem to have the capacity to read or listened and understand the latter and most important part of Buhari's speech - because it obviously would not suit your twisted agenda of propaganda against him and his government.

For avoidance of doubt, here is the relevant portion you and your ppl are choosing to ignore - let others decided.
Here it is (in bold) note, Buhari is clearly saying he would NOT MARGINALIZE anyone (as it realistically would have been expected given the voting pattern i.e. 97% to 5% for and against him) even if he had wanted because he was already bound by the constitution and would also be contradicting himself:

PMB replied: Yes, I hope you have a copy of the election results. Literally, constituencies, for example, that gave me 97% cannot in all honesty be treated, on some issues, with constituencies that gave me 5%. I think these are political realities. While certainly there would be justice for everybody; everybody would enjoy his constitutional rights. But, the party, in constituencies, by their either sheer hard work they made sure that they got their people to vote and to ensure that their votes count, they must feel that the government has appreciated the efforts they put in putting the government in place. I think this is really fair.
By constitution, no state can be excluded from government. So even if I want to show gratitude to those constituencies that heavily voted for me against those that didn't even vote for me, they have the protection of the government. And I've made an undertaking that I belong to everybody, I belong to nobody. If I come clearly and show and marginalize a group, because they didn't vote for me, then I have already contradicted myself. And I'm sure people would be too quick to pick that against me.

Its amazing how some ppl are hopelessly lazy at reading and at hearing - bloody mofos!
Re: This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O by kutchs: 6:47pm On Jul 25, 2015
Jorussia:
Whatever Buhari gives doesn't belong to him as a person but to the Nigerian nation so he has no right to maltreat any region for not voting for him. The fund to develop any part of Nigeria doesn't belong to Buhari's father but to Nigeria. In the US some States are traditional Democratic states while some are Republican, I have not seen Obama maltreat Texas State for instance for being pro Republican. The president belongs to all Nigerians irrespective of political/party affiliation.
His statement is not only idiotic but highly undeserving of the president of all a multi ethnic nation such as Nigeria.
Re: This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:38pm On Jul 25, 2015
^^^You are unfortunately the one who is idiotic for latching on to only a portion of what he said and interpreting it out of context.
Pls refer to the remainder (bolded) part of his speech in my last post above and come back and tell me if you truly believe Buhari said he intends to marginalize any part of this country.

Pls, enough of this bigotry angry
Re: This Statement By Buhari Can Set Nigeria On Fire (Video Update) -Oche Joseph O by kutchs: 10:03pm On Jul 25, 2015
ItsMeAboki:
^t^^You are unfortunately the one who is idiotic for latching on to only a portion of what he said and interpreting it out of context.
Pls refer to the remainder (bolded) part of his speech in my last post above and come back and tell me if you truly believe Buhari said he intends to marginalize any part of this country.

Pls, enough of this bigotry angry
And will you tell me what the unbolded part of his speech mean? While it's uncalled for it also reveals the exact content of his thought. For him to have even conceived that as an answer is enough to show you that he's not only bigoted and vindictive but is all he is accused of.
I don't need to remind you and dumbo that those regions he's going to maltreat for not voting for him feed the nation. Aboki what do you who gave him 97% and who he's going to treat specially contribute by way of resources? Silly punk, you and the other member of the association of reprobates are all silly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Join The Anti-biafra Protest. / See Population Why North Will Rule Nigeria For 200yrs Uninterrupted- Pictures / Amaechi Told Us Nyesom Wike Is A Cultist & Head Of Ogboni - Worgu Boms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.