Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,504 members, 7,816,196 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano (45410 Views)

Aguiyi-Ironsi With Ojukwu, Gowon, Hassan Katsina, David Ejoor & Wey. Throwback / Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death / The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by Infomizer(m): 8:43am On Jul 24, 2015
anonym0us:
He caused his death....

he should have court martial those igbo rebels that lead the coup for mutiny but rather he was playing hanky panky..so the northern soldiers felt he supported the killing of their kinsmen remember no igbo politician lost their life in the coup and to make matters worse igbos where occupying the keys positions in the military and civil service...quote me and I will teach you history

I wouldn't even be surprised if it turns out that Major Nzeogwu and the other guys where his puppets. I'm probably wrong but I'm looking at things from the point of view of a '60s Hausa Man. The tribal war that resulted from his not taking decisive action on punishing the coup plotters hasn't ended.

4 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by johncreek: 8:44am On Jul 24, 2015
amaben2020:
The Igbos were highly detribalized people not until the civil war, we all are one, let's unite and make Nigeria a better place
Unity is all we need ooo.
Thank God you have a like mind for peace.
Tribalism or even War for a new Country creation can never assure us Peace.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by Xslaze3xd(m): 8:45am On Jul 24, 2015
anonym0us:
He caused his death....

he should have court martial those igbo rebels that lead the coup for mutiny but rather he was playing hanky panky..so the northern soldiers felt he supported the killing of their kinsmen remember no igbo politician lost their life in the coup and to make matters worse igbos where occupying the keys positions in the military and civil service...quote me and I will teach you history

My brother this is the only sensible comment on this thread........ He should have court martial the IGBO rebels

4 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by Mosh1: 8:49am On Jul 24, 2015
ZYZZA:
Message to the men from the west .the igbo's are not you problem.can't you see those who you love and call your masters still kill and disturb you just like there do to every one else ,when will your eyes open. There was ones a country
Answer to the men from the other side of the Niger,you have been the one that have been competing with Yorubas (Pace Setters) while forgetting that we ain`t your mate(even Ojukwu can testify that).Politically,your ppl have been allies of the North from time immemorial and u have the audacity to accused Yorubas because they share tent with them this time around.Have you ever heard of Ibos killing Hausa in mass since the time they have been killing your ppl(pity).At least I could recall many incidence of Yorubas killing the Hausa in the West but never heard of anything like that from the East(try it and your ppl will be history in the North)........I hate to type this but stop provoking the Yorubas.

9 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 24, 2015
I have just few questions for the haters.

Was Nzeogwu's coup not needed or acceptable considering the corruption at that time?

Show me one public officer who was directly involved in the corruption that was spared because he was Igbo? God punish who go mention ZIk because Zik was just the Head of State, a ceremonial head with no portfolio.

Was Nzeogwu alone in the coup? Weren't other actors from Yoruba and Hausa?

Nzeogwu was merely the shinning star at that time and a revolutionary minded motivator just like the great Sankara of Burkina Faso.

So, all ye Igbophobic haters, ara gbawachakwaa unu nile onu dia. angry

7 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by amaben2020(m): 8:51am On Jul 24, 2015
zendy:

There is going back on Biafra! You want Nigeria? Go to England and ask Lugard where Nigeria is

The unfortunate thing in this picture is that the other officer, Lt Usman Katsina knew that his fellow northerners were planning to kill Ironsi but he said nothing to his Boss. Ironsi was killed a few days later after this picture when he was in Ibadan.
Then he made a mistake, Northern head of States use Hausa officers except for Murtala Who used lieutenant Akinshewa, but Ironsi believed in 1Nigeria and his name is not well placed in history because he's IGBO, but who cares?
Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by amaben2020(m): 8:55am On Jul 24, 2015
we made fp boys
Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by YENN: 8:57am On Jul 24, 2015
kestolove95:
The man that scatta nigeria with his brother chukwuma kaduna...no wonder the ibos are paying the price 2day
Igbo people are a rare and blessed race just like the Jewish people of Israel.

In 1966, Hausa/Fulani/Middle Belt beat their chest to wipe Igbos out completely immediately the brutal murder/overthrow of Gen. Aguiyi Ironsi by Danjuma/Gowon led coup.

Hausa/Fulani/Middle Belt started a brutal mass killing of igbo children, mothers, pregnant women (ripping open their pregnancy), youths and men living in all northern states for no justifiable reason.

Gowon refused to stop this brutal act by northern Nigerians as Nigerian armies, police of northern origin joined in the killing of civilian igbos living in northern region of Nigeria.

Ojukwu being the Eastern govern cried to Gowon the head of state but Gowon refused to stop the killing as loads of murdered igbos were brought back to igbo land in lorries...tears and cries became the songs in igbo communities then.

This led to the civil war as Ojukwu was left with no other option but to declare the sovereign state of Biafra to give Igbos freedom from oppression and murder by people they call their countrymen and women.

Britain, US, Egypt and Russia instructed and backed Gowon to return Biafra to Nigeria because they were afraid that if Biafra was allowed to secede peacefully from Nigeria, it will inspire other aggrieved regions in Africa, Russia, etc to also seek for secession.

Biafra with no preparation for war, no formal military, no weapon, no money was able to hold Nigeria (north, southwest and middle belt) in ransom for 2years plus. Which other tribe in Nigeria can dare this? You think northerners and other tribes don't know y they fear Igbos and are afraid to see them become president? They know what Igbo people can do.

Before this war broke out, Igbo people were the richest in Nigeria; Ojukwu's father was the richest man in Africa, owned half of Lagos Island lands...founded Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE).

All the money they had in Nigerian banks before the war were all seized by Awolowo led-Nigeria ministry of finance.

No matter how many thousands or millions an igbo man had in bank before the civil war broke out in 1967, they were given 10pounds only as a way of punishing them and making the Igbos poor and slave to Hausa/Fulani/Yoruba forever, but Igbos have a living God called- Jehovah Jireh!

My own father told me he had close to 10million naira in Nigeria's currency today...an equivalent but was given just 10pounds by Awolowo.

Even after all these wicked laws against the igbos, 20years after the civil war, igbos bounced back even stronger and wealthier than their oppressors.

Igbos began to migrate outside Nigeria, began to trade, study and today, igbo people are the richest tribe in the whole Nigeria (judging by per capita income not just by single individual having wealth of thousands like Dangote).

According to MDGs recent poverty index in Nigeria, southeast and southwest are the regions in Nigeria with the least rate of poverty and disease.

Poverty and disease is so high in the north despite their decades of ruling Nigeria and stealing Niger Delta/Igbo crude oil.

Igbo people haven't produced president since 1966 and yet they are more prosperous than any other tribe in Nigeria.

If you see 100 beautiful mansion in any state in Nigeria today, an Igbo man owns at least 30 of it while the rest tribes share the remaining 70, isn't that awesome after all the joint oppression of Igbo tribe by other Nigerian tribes?

Today, the God of justice who warned us to avoid persecuting the innocent and killing visitors and strangers in our lands is avenging the deaths of innocent Igbo people murdered in cold blood by northern youths from 1966 - 2011.

This natural nemesis can be seen today in the form of Boko Haram attacks in the northern Nigeria...the enemity between Hausa/Fulani herdsmen and Middle Belt people.

So, respect the Igbos...they love peace and don't forment trouble...don't kill strangers in their land no matter what...and reason God and nature keep blessing them despite the hate and marginalisation.

God is ablesmiley

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by Mosh1: 8:58am On Jul 24, 2015
columbus007:
Anytime I hear of this man, a general as he was,I will begin to hate on abokis undecided
A mere general he was,his ppl kill a whole Prime Minister,a Governor of Northern Nigeria and titans of the Yorubas and u expect them to dey look Uche face..........Keep hating.

7 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by ZYZZA: 8:58am On Jul 24, 2015
Mosh1:

Answer to the men from the other side of the Niger,you have been the one that have been competing with Yorubas (Pace Setters) while forgetting that we ain`t your mate(even Ojukwu can testify that).Politically,your ppl have been allies of the North from time immemorial and u have the audacity to accused Yorubas because they share tent with them this time around.Have you ever heard of Ibos killing Hausa in mass since the time they have been killing your ppl(pity).At least I could recall many incidence of Yorubas killing the Hausa in the West but never heard of anything like that from the East(try it and your ppl will be history in the North)........I hate to type this but stop provoking the Yorubas.
my friend, you are still blind look around you. take. This election for example after backing them what have you gotten. What u fail to know is the north has no friend

1 Like

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 24, 2015
tucky200:
One of the bastrd dat started a war that doesn't want to to end!
Take a cusory look at this boy profile pix and tell me the reason why there shouldn't be PG parental guidance on NL.

Boy don't quote me cos I still got my aunty slap I dish out to kids

2 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by ChikezieU(m): 9:02am On Jul 24, 2015
anonym0us:
He caused his death....

, really, now that the Notherners are occupying the key positions, and down playing others what is your take on that.
A historian should also know that history is not written just for the weak of memory, but that the past occurrence should not repeat it self. Nigeria is expired.
Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by Icecomrade: 9:02am On Jul 24, 2015
Little children talk sh-it on Nairaland.
The know nothing about Nigeria.

Go through history and you will realize that there has never been one Nigeria and will never be one MINDED Nigeria.

Aguiyi Ironsi never knew anything about the coup. He was marked for elimination and only rebuffed the coup plotters with his security

4 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by anyimontana(m): 9:05am On Jul 24, 2015
kestolove95:
The man that scatta nigeria with his brother chukwuma kaduna...no wonder the ibos are paying the price 2day
am sure u r one of those ladies that put excess pepper in their food so we dont know the actual taste of rubbish u dished..ofe mmanu

1 Like

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by Henic2sy(m): 9:07am On Jul 24, 2015
How are the Biafrans paying for what?, wait let this zoo called Nigeria disintegrate and lets see who will cry stupid comment
kestolove95:
Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by hakeem4(m): 9:07am On Jul 24, 2015
DukeNija:

Yoruba lmaooooo
What have you that the igbos have not bested.
Is it in education? Industrialization? Trade and commerce? Sport? Where can you sincerely say you are equal to the igbos. You have been president once and how did that make your region developed? How did Obasanjo make the SW better than other regions?
You claimed to have education, but the igbos took that away from you. Ask WAEC for the past 4 years.
okay it's only education you're better ... But still out of 18 million Igbos .. You couldn't even bring out 1 Nobel laureate

1 Like

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 24, 2015
Kudos my brother! You know your history well.

YENN:

In 1966, Hausa/Fulani/Middle Belt beat their chest to wipe Igbos out completely immediately the brutal murder/overthrow of Gen. Aguiyi Ironsi by Danjuma/Gowon led coup.

Hausa/Fulani/Middle Belt started a brutal mass killing of igbo children, mothers, pregnant women (ripping open their pregnancy), youths and men living in all northern states for no justifiable reason.

Gowon refused to stop this brutal act by northern Nigerians as Nigerian armies, police of northern origin joined in the killing of civilian igbos living in northern region of Nigeria.

Ojukwu being the Eastern govern cried to Gowon the head of state but Gowon refused to stop the killing as loads of murdered igbos were brought back to igbo land in lorries...tears and cries became the songs in igbo communities then.

This led to the civil war as Ojukwu was left with no other option but to declare the sovereign state of Biafra to give Igbos freedom from oppression and murder by people they call their countrymen and women.

Britain, US, Egypt and Russia instructed and backed Gowon to return Biafra to Nigeria because they were afraid that if Biafra was allowed to secede peacefully from Nigeria, it will inspire other aggrieved regions in Africa, Russia, etc to also seek for secession.

Biafra with no preparation for war, no formal military, no weapon, no money was able to hold Nigeria (north, southwest and middle belt) in ransom for 2years plus. Which other tribe in Nigeria can dare this? You think northerners and other tribes don't know y they fear Igbos and are afraid to see them become president? They know what Igbo people can do.

Before this war broke out, Igbo people were the richest in Nigeria; Ojukwu's father was the richest man in Africa, owned half of Lagos Island lands...founded Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE).

All the money they had in Nigerian banks before the war were all seized by Awolowo led-Nigeria ministry of finance.

No matter how many thousands or millions an igbo man had in bank before the civil war broke out in 1967, they were given 10pounds only as a way of punishing them and making the Igbos poor and slave to Hausa/Fulani/Yoruba forever, but Igbos have a living God called- Jehovah Jireh!

My own father told me he had close to 10million naira in Nigeria's currency today...an equivalent but was given just 10pounds by Awolowo.

Even after all these wicked laws against the igbos, 20years after the civil war, igbos bounced back even stronger and wealthier than their oppressors.

Igbos began to migrate outside Nigeria, began to trade, study and today, igbo people are the richest tribe in the whole Nigeria (judging by per capita income not just by single individual having wealth of thousands like Dangote).

According to MDGs recent poverty index in Nigeria, southeast and southwest are the regions in Nigeria with the least rate of poverty and disease.

Poverty and disease is so high in the north despite their decades of ruling Nigeria and stealing Niger Delta/Igbo crude oil.

Igbo people haven't produced president since 1966 and yet they are more prosperous than any other tribe in Nigeria.

If you see 100 beautiful mansion in any state in Nigeria today, an Igbo man owns at least 30 of it while the rest tribes share the remaining 70, isn't that awesome after all the joint oppression of Igbo tribe by other Nigerian tribes?

Today, the God of justice who warned us to avoid persecuting the innocent and killing visitors and strangers in our lands is avenging the deaths of innocent Igbo people murdered in cold blood by northern youths from 1966 - 2011.

This natural nemesis can be seen today in the form of Boko Haram attacks in the northern Nigeria...the enemity between Hausa/Fulani herdsmen and Middle Belt people.

So, respect the Igbos...they love peace and don't forment trouble...don't kill strangers in their land no matter what...and reason God and nature keep blessing them despite the hate and marginalisation.

God is ablesmiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by anyimontana(m): 9:10am On Jul 24, 2015
Come rain come shine,we can never b one..God seperated us wiTh rivers niger n benue,the west went against God and united us..what results do u expect other than HATE,
Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by hakeem4(m): 9:10am On Jul 24, 2015
Bloody lie !!!!
Ojukwu was bragging all over the place
And you guys deserve the progrom from the northerners sef
YENN:

God is ablesmiley

1 Like

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by NobleG1(m): 9:13am On Jul 24, 2015
Ab*oki id*iots murdered him. The same Northerners ruined this country with the blind willing help of their yoruba minions.

The project called, Nigeria, will never be a better place, disintegration is the only answer.
Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by YENN: 9:14am On Jul 24, 2015
Those who kill by sword, shall die by sword!

People who kill strangers or visitors in their land shall live to see their children kill each other for no reason!

Those who cause others to weep, shall weep for no reason!

Those who bring tears to innocent people shall continually live in tears!

Northerners have made Igbos to weep so much in the past, and now karma is paying them back with Boko Haram.

So many innocent Igbos who love northerners and decided to live in northern lands were killed by northerners for no reason aside religious fanatism and national politics, and you think God is sleeping?

Boko Haram is a spiritual reward and will never stop until there is a spiritual cleansing of the north.

The north must come out and ask for forgiveness and repent of their evil ways to have peace return to their land.

No military action will stop Boko Haram!

4 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by killercute16(m): 9:14am On Jul 24, 2015
kestolove95:
A tribalistic comment coming from a "FEMALE"....smh

1 Like

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by gidiMonsta(m): 9:14am On Jul 24, 2015
amaben2020:

Must you type trash? paying for what? how much?? Most of the igbos just wanna divide and I see nothing wrong with that, USSR disintegrated into over 50 nations because the Russians wanted absolute control over everyone, Albania, Georgia etc Guess what? no one likes being controlled, they are all living in peace, but that same Russia (Hausa) is still fighting some of them eg Ukraine for Chechnya land despite having the largest underdeveloped land mass on earth.

Dude stop using ignorant statements to further your clannish and tribalistic agendas. How Chechenya and Ukraine take relate?

1 Like

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by YENN: 9:17am On Jul 24, 2015
hakeem4:
Bloody lie !!!!
Ojukwu was bragging all over the place
And you guys deserve the progrom from the northerners sef
ok hakeem4, God and nature are the best judges; let them judge what u said. Since u support the killing of innocent people as a result of national political disagreement, may such justice be your portion.

God is alive; He never sleeps nor slumber, that's my joysmiley
Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by Infomizer(m): 9:19am On Jul 24, 2015
amaben2020:

there you go again, Major Kaduna Nzeogu look at the first name again pls, Kaduna Nzeogu didn't carry out the coup on behalf of the igbos, it was a personal feat, if you're sincere, Major Adegboyega was among, General Ironsi was also on the list, why didn't anyone say a word when the Hausa generals partook in numerous coups? Abacha, IBB, Dullardinhoe, Murtala all carried out coups, why the hate on igbos

The other impact the coup had was the realization that any officer with access to key areas of the army arsenal could seize power. They probably didn't take that into consideration when planning.

Yea, people fail to pay attention to the non-Igbo elements among the plotters (Adegboyega) and the non-Hausa casualties (Okotie-Eboh), and while it is quite a prejudiced view, it does little to negate the obvious conclusion of a lay observer (i.e. Let's mix it up a little so we don't seem to be tribalists). And if you looked at the case of the other putschists apart from the counter-coup, you would see that it was majorly from one northerner to another (MM-Gowon, Dimka-MM, Buhari-Shagari, IBB-Buhari). My point is, even if the intents of the first putschists were far from being tribalistic, it is really hard to shake off tribalism.

5 Likes

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by VickJames(m): 9:20am On Jul 24, 2015
anonym0us:
He caused his death....

Okotie-eboh was from the north ba?
Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by kenex4ever(m): 9:21am On Jul 24, 2015
kestolove95:
see ur muscular
Hand and bone filled yansh Like she.ma.le own.

1 Like

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by VickJames(m): 9:21am On Jul 24, 2015
anonym0us:
He caused his death....

Okotie-eboh was from the north ba?

And Aguiyi- ironsi would've been killed if he wasn't with enough guards that night they planned to kill him.

1 Like

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by hakeem4(m): 9:23am On Jul 24, 2015
YENN:
ok hakeem4, God and nature are the best judges; let them judge what u said. Since u support the killing of innocent people as a result of national political disagreement, may such justice be your portion.

God is alive; He never sleeps nor slumber, that's my joysmiley
in war everything is fair .....anything goes

1 Like

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by tucky200(m): 9:24am On Jul 24, 2015
PROVACATEUR:
Take a cusory look at this boy profile pix and tell me the reason why there shouldn't be PG parental guidance on NL.

Boy don't quote me cos I still got my aunty slap I dish out to kids
d fact I look like a boy doesn't speak for my age,got it ??

1 Like

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by MacluvPH(m): 9:25am On Jul 24, 2015
More.

anonym0us:
the igbos were printing shirts of kaduna nzeogwu referring Dem as heroes to make it worse a musician from the east release a track dissing the northerner's that alone caused the bloody coup and riot.. Need more?

1 Like

Re: Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 24, 2015
... photo speaks

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigeria Presidents GDP Performance Since 1999 (SEE PHOTO) / Buhari & Queen Elizabeth Discussing At CHOGM In Malta / 1,000 Pastors Storm Abuja To Endorse "God's Anointed' Buhari - Sahara Reporters.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.