Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

This Plant In The Home Can Kill A Child In Less Than A Minute! Find Out How! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Plant In The Home Can Kill A Child In Less Than A Minute! Find Out How! (1550 Views)

He Does Not Satisfy Me, Doesn’t Last A Minute In Bed —wife / 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria / Nigerian Guy And A Hungry Child In Philippines (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Plant In The Home Can Kill A Child In Less Than A Minute! Find Out How! by nnamdibig(m): 5:56am On Jul 24, 2015
This plant in the home can kill a child in less than a minute and an adult in 15 minutes!
Some call it Dumbcane, others know it by the genus of Dieffenbachia. This plant, a member of the family Araceae is a tropical flower plant native to Mexico and the West Indies. Characterized by broad leaves and a thick stem, this botanical plant has become popular in households due to the ease of growing it and a wide variety of leaf patterns with white spots and flecks that make it attractive.
This green beauty gets its strange common name of Dumbcane from the presence of raphides. These needle-like structures are shot off when a plant’s cell walls are damaged or destroyed and have a poisonous effect, which emits a number of symptoms. The oxalate crystals present in Dieffenbachia can cause a burning sensation, localized swelling, and a numbing sensation, though the effects of this poison are quite mild.

It should also be noted that these plants themselves aren’t dangerous or malicious. Though they’ve gotten a bad rap for their slightly poisonous qualities, most of those afflicted are either young children or animals like cats or dogs that bite or irritate the plants. A potential owner of one of these plants should use caution in where they place this plant so that no incidents occur.
This caution is supplemented by the environment one would desire to cultivate a Dumbcane plant. A temperate climate is best for this plant, and since most houses’ temperature ranges from 70 to 75 degrees it makes a good match for this exotic beauty. Best growth can also be obtained by giving the plant indirect light. Placing this plant near an elevated and filtered window might be best, though some varieties of this plant require a lower light amount.
The Dieffenbachia plant is popular for a number of reasons. Perfect showy leaves for the home, a great accessory to an office, or simply its adaptable nature are just a few benefits of adopting one of these exotic plants. Should you decide to take one of these home, make sure you have the gardening know how and are properly informed before you bring this new plant into your world.

http://tophealthnews.net/this-plant-in-the-home-can-kill-a-child-in-less-than-a-minute-find-out-how

Re: This Plant In The Home Can Kill A Child In Less Than A Minute! Find Out How! by nnachukz(m): 5:59am On Jul 24, 2015
calling home right now.
hi, mama junior. Remove all that flowers in front of our door. while at it, dont let Junior come close.

2 Likes

Re: This Plant In The Home Can Kill A Child In Less Than A Minute! Find Out How! by boboLIL(m): 6:00am On Jul 24, 2015
N0ted
Re: This Plant In The Home Can Kill A Child In Less Than A Minute! Find Out How! by itxtoff(m): 6:02am On Jul 24, 2015
Seen. TAnk u.
Re: This Plant In The Home Can Kill A Child In Less Than A Minute! Find Out How! by dominique(f): 6:04am On Jul 24, 2015
If the effects of the poison is mild then how is it capable of killing a child? The shrub is an ornamental plant that is very common in homes and offices, I've never heard of it killing someone before. Stop trying to mislead and alarm people unnecessarily abeg.
Re: This Plant In The Home Can Kill A Child In Less Than A Minute! Find Out How! by davuvid(m): 6:10am On Jul 24, 2015
An eye opener...lemme go and taste it to confirm
Re: This Plant In The Home Can Kill A Child In Less Than A Minute! Find Out How! by Joromi1: 6:16am On Jul 24, 2015
It kills only white people. In Africa, we use it to prepare agbo for malaria cool

2 Likes

Re: This Plant In The Home Can Kill A Child In Less Than A Minute! Find Out How! by princefunmmy(m): 6:18am On Jul 24, 2015
I'll set up a committee to look into this and report after 6 months. Nevertheless, an agency will be set up to sensitize and create awareness as well as control the importation or planting of that plant... E no good so?
Re: This Plant In The Home Can Kill A Child In Less Than A Minute! Find Out How! by oluwafemi113(m): 6:19am On Jul 24, 2015
Really?
Re: This Plant In The Home Can Kill A Child In Less Than A Minute! Find Out How! by nnamdibig(m): 6:22am On Jul 24, 2015
Joromi1:
It kills only white people. In Africa, we use it to prepare agbo for malaria cool

Lolzzz
Re: This Plant In The Home Can Kill A Child In Less Than A Minute! Find Out How! by kunlesufyan(m): 6:23am On Jul 24, 2015
I sha know if the liquid touches ones skin..it would itch

1 Like

Re: This Plant In The Home Can Kill A Child In Less Than A Minute! Find Out How! by Godfullsam(m): 6:26am On Jul 24, 2015
I see these plants in many homes and offices . There was no evidence that it has killed anyone yet.

I doubt this story undecided.
Re: This Plant In The Home Can Kill A Child In Less Than A Minute! Find Out How! by femiranking28(m): 6:44am On Jul 24, 2015
Had it at my parents place it's was cut down tho, we called it scratch scratch flower cause of its fluid. The day it touched my body ahhh I have never scratched like that before
Re: This Plant In The Home Can Kill A Child In Less Than A Minute! Find Out How! by AdeniyiA(m): 6:46am On Jul 24, 2015
dp
Re: This Plant In The Home Can Kill A Child In Less Than A Minute! Find Out How! by AdeniyiA(m): 6:46am On Jul 24, 2015
the plant itself get "die...'' for im name
Re: This Plant In The Home Can Kill A Child In Less Than A Minute! Find Out How! by digitsolution: 6:49am On Jul 24, 2015
dominique:
If the effects of the poison is mild then how is it capable of killing a child? The shrub is an ornamental plant that is very common in homes and offices, I've never heard of it killing someone before. Stop trying to mislead and alarm people unnecessarily abeg.
. This is true my sister.
Re: This Plant In The Home Can Kill A Child In Less Than A Minute! Find Out How! by nnamdibig(m): 7:15am On Jul 24, 2015
AdeniyiA:
the plant itself get "die...'' for im name
Re: This Plant In The Home Can Kill A Child In Less Than A Minute! Find Out How! by corperscorner: 10:11am On Jul 24, 2015
[size=15pt]Will buy some incase of arm robbers...

When they come calling for money and rob-able items..........I will just tell them I hid all my precious stuffs under the plant but they have to use their bare hands to get it so they wont pick worms instead[/size] grin grin

(1) (Reply)

See What Is Silently Killing Families In Nigeria -healthplus Reports / Women And Pregnancy This Days. What Is The Way Forward. / I Caught My Wife Panting, Sweating In Our Neighbour’s Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.