Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,176 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death (45899 Views)

Nigerians Challenge South African Police Over The Death Of Their Brother (Video) / Nigerian Man Arrested By South African Police Found Dead The Next Day (Graphic) / Saudi Police Beat Nasarawa Pilgrims, Injure One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by zinachidi(m): 12:58pm On Jul 24, 2015
The President of Nigeria Union in South Africa, Ikechukwu Anyene, on Thursday, criticized the killing of a 30 year old Nigerian in Hillbrow, Johannesburg.

Mr Emeka Ezinteje, Public Relations Officer of the union, told NAN in Johannesburg that the union decried the incident after receiving the report.

NAN recalls that the Nigerian, Nonso Odo, from Amangwu-Nkwerre, Imo State, on Thursday, was allegedly beaten to death by South African Police officers.

Ezinteje said reports indicated that the deceased, who was a barber, quarreled with a fellow Nigerian in their business centre.

“After the quarrel, the fellow Nigerian stopped a police patrol team. The barber ran when he saw the patrol team.”

According to Ezinteje, the police patrol went after the victim; 30 minutes later, the police brought back the lifeless body of the barber.

“Not satisfied with the police report, some members of the union went to see the corpse in hospital.”

He said Sgt. Nengobeni, a South African police officer at the hospital, denied that the police killed him.

The officer said the police were flagged down by somebody while the victim took to his heels.

Nengobeni said by the time the police got to the victim, he was tired and gasping for breath and was pronounced dead on getting to the hospital.

Ezinteje said the union suspected foul play and would get to the root of the case.

“We have also received reports by eyewitnesses that Odo was beaten to death.”

“We have ordered a post mortem to ascertain the cause of Odo’s death. The union will also take this case to the Independent Police Investigative Department, for more investigation.”

“The department is responsible for investigating wrong doings by police officers,” he said.

He also said the incident had been reported to Nigeria`s Consulate General in Johannesburg and Hillbrow Police Station, also in Johannesburg.

NAN…

http://dailypost.ng/2015/07/24/south-african-police-beat-nigerian-to-death-photos/

1 Share

Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by Jibola10(m): 12:58pm On Jul 24, 2015
Too bad

6 Likes

Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by donsmall94(m): 12:59pm On Jul 24, 2015
Not again
RIP to the dead and may God grant his family fortitude to bear the loss.
In other news where is our dear 6ta Introvert

1 Like

Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by davuvid(m): 1:01pm On Jul 24, 2015
Thought it was a Nigerian police thing, never knew the S.A police officers are worse..

R.I.P to the dead
Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by chomchom1(f): 1:02pm On Jul 24, 2015
cry cry may God help us...

Where is Robot introvert grin

2 Likes

Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by Dee60: 1:06pm On Jul 24, 2015
Disgusting to see how Africans are killing their own kinsmen. The blacks in America wont understand this.

4 Likes

Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by Neduzze5(m): 1:07pm On Jul 24, 2015
Kai
Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by Neduzze5(m): 1:07pm On Jul 24, 2015
Kutuma!!

Walai talai!! Shege banza danburuba shege dia kwo!!

Thunder fire dem dia

1 Like

Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by Donalleh(m): 1:07pm On Jul 24, 2015
RIP to the dead
Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by Hillzy(m): 1:07pm On Jul 24, 2015
what wrong with dis south africans n Nigerians always, my able presido u need to caution dis guy o

1 Like

Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 24, 2015
I thought they've put a cease to the fvckin xenophobic attack? What's this again for christ sake!!!!!!

Well, i blame it on the mumus that ain't proud of their country and thinks running out of it is their best option.. .. ..

I rep naija, country of the hustlers cool

4 Likes

Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by DONSMITH123(m): 1:07pm On Jul 24, 2015
jesu
Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by Afrocatalyst: 1:07pm On Jul 24, 2015
Not new na. They do that steady. Na our guys wey dey go there I blame.

1 Like

Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by bastien: 1:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
Too bad.........
Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by HDee(m): 1:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
Sometimes, this southy africans do behave like wild animals. >(;
(no offeinse)
Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by Houseofglam7(f): 1:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
Jeeeez!
Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by wunmi590(m): 1:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by mafiaso9: 1:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
Ah I cudnt make ftc today but it's all good, rest in peace to the dead.
Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by benedictnsi(m): 1:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
Very simple, let us capture 5 south Africans and kill..... 1 nigerian is to me equal to 5 south Africans

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by obynocute(m): 1:09pm On Jul 24, 2015
Hmmmm.
Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by Beremx(f): 1:09pm On Jul 24, 2015
Nigerians betraying themselves since 1914.

1 Like

Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 24, 2015
Should I now call this policephobia? Every news about South Africa to Nigerians is just so annoying. S/A paving the way for future enmity.
Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by AKPOSbaba: 1:09pm On Jul 24, 2015
Continuation of Xenophobia By police.
Dunno wha we waiting for to bring down d walls of shoprites.

1 Like

Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by kinglekan: 1:09pm On Jul 24, 2015

This story isn't complete though, so many sketchy parts to it. Why did the Nigerian run on seeing the police patrol team?

I think they should get to the bottom of this. The SA police have been known for such heinous acts
in the past.

Sadly like every other similar case, it might be swept under the rug.

Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 24, 2015
KEEP ON TRAVELING TO ANOTHER 'S MAN COUNTRY,
THEM WILL TREAT YOU LIKE AN ANIMALS...

I THINK WE SHOULD DO THE SAME TO THEM AND SEE HOW IT PAINS
Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by youngwarlocks: 1:09pm On Jul 24, 2015
some Nigerians will see a foreigner and worship him/her......i say a foreigner in this country should be lynched at least once a week....that way Nigerians will be treated with respect out there.

1 Like

Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by Bensondrums(m): 1:10pm On Jul 24, 2015
Eyaa such a cute nigerian....RIP sir.

1 Like

Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by yorke1: 1:10pm On Jul 24, 2015
damn
Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by ellovee(m): 1:10pm On Jul 24, 2015
Thank God it's not GEJ administration if not, he would have been accused of being the cause. PMB, it's your administration ooh, go nd fight back.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Police Beat Nigerian To Death by nochildsplay(m): 1:10pm On Jul 24, 2015
What's with these SA people killing US gannn ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Writes Open Letter To Yahoo Boys / A Lady Was Pushed Out Of This Speeding Vehicle In Abuja. Photos / Cultists In Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi Kill 4 Students (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.