Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,725 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Of What Use Is A Polythecnic ? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Of What Use Is A Polythecnic ? (493 Views)

The Cancellation Of HND Programmes/polythecnic In Nigeria / When To Use "Is" And When To Use "Was" In A Sentence? / Of What Use Is NECO Result............ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Of What Use Is A Polythecnic ? by Vectormike(m): 2:13pm On Jul 24, 2015
And my point is that, a qraduate from a Polythecnic is
quite less or less better than a University qraduate. I
wouldn't want to remunerate to anyone about this
issue based on educational value, but of economic
value. It's quite overwhelminq to hear someone say
he/she prefers to study in a Polythecnic than a
varsity, I mean, the labour market isn't acceptinq that
anymore. I thouqht the world was turninq to a place
full of saqes, 95% of companies do not qive spaces to
people from such institutions. Why should I even
work in an orqanization that employs Polythecnic
qraduates. Infact, JAMB qave this institutions its
admission cut-off mark at 150, that alone propaqates
to you the kind of people beinq admitted there, and
probably of low standard. I'm not sayinq these
schools have no siqnificance, atleast some qo there,
qet qroomed and move directly to a University. They
don't just stop there and search for jobs, you don't
just qo in and qet an HND and be satisfied, searchinq
for jobs. What about those with Phd?
Re: Of What Use Is A Polythecnic ? by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 25, 2015
I'd rather have a BDC than a BSC or HND..
Re: Of What Use Is A Polythecnic ? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 25, 2015
I suppose this is a one of many threads aimed at causing depression and mounting pressure on the polytechnic community. Why don't u keep ur opinion to yourself and keep hyping and lauding the acclaimed B.sc without juxtaposing with HND.

I have ND , B.sc in view with experiences of what holders of these certs undergo in the Nigeria of today. where are the jobs for these B.sc graduates u so much agitate abt. All that matters is the stuff u're made of.

The earlier u grasp that holders of both certs suffer discrimination, the better for us all.
Re: Of What Use Is A Polythecnic ? by Vectormike(m): 8:38pm On Jul 26, 2015
Dear LarryDKinq,
I suppose you've been discriminated by so many companies you submitted your certificate. Can you kindly highlight any prominent name with a ND ? Of the most positive influential persons in Nigeria, name just one with your precious ND. People are qoinq to the University, hustlinq to qet MBA, and then PHD. You're satisfied with just ND, enjoy your life.
Re: Of What Use Is A Polythecnic ? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 26, 2015
Vectormike:
Dear LarryDKinq,
I suppose you've been discriminated by so many companies you submitted your certificate. Can you kindly highlight any prominent name with a ND ? Of the most positive influential persons in Nigeria, name just one with your precious ND. People are qoinq to the University, hustlinq to qet MBA, and then PHD. You're satisfied with just ND, enjoy your life.

lolxx, u just made me smile. Bro, I am a bona fide student of Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye and I also obtained a national diploma from the Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro. I'm sure u didn't read my comment with an iota of interest, u simple wanna prove a point. I think I should let u enjoy the moment while it last, u are certainly not willing to learn.
Re: Of What Use Is A Polythecnic ? by Vectormike(m): 10:23pm On Jul 26, 2015
So why did you reply my post when you've a B.Sc ? Why didn't you remain with an ND ?
Re: Of What Use Is A Polythecnic ? by Vectormike(m): 10:27pm On Jul 26, 2015
LARRYDKING:
I suppose this is a one of many threads aimed at causing depression and mounting pressure on the polytechnic community. Why don't u keep ur opinion to yourself and keep hyping and lauding the acclaimed B.sc without juxtaposing with HND.

I have ND , B.sc in view with experiences of what holders of these certs undergo in the Nigeria of today. where are the jobs for these B.sc graduates u so much agitate abt. All that matters is the stuff u're made of.

The earlier u grasp that holders of both certs suffer discrimination, the better for us all.

I don't even get you here.
Re: Of What Use Is A Polythecnic ? by ArcBoB: 11:36pm On Jul 26, 2015
Nawa oo see B.sc holder "polythecnic". Sorry to OOU wey give you that kpali, this your product says alot about you. till i see another product that can convince me. Till then OOUolodo.com

(1) (Reply)

Wow!...this Is How U Become First Class In Life..must Read For All / RSUST Supplementary Postgraduate Application Form For 2015 Out,call_08036551398. / (UNIZIK) 'DIRECT-ENTRY' Form 2015/2016 Is Still On. (080 61335186)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.