Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Most Of The Laws In Nigeria Are Outdated , Here ’s What I ’ll Do About Them - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Most Of The Laws In Nigeria Are Outdated , Here ’s What I ’ll Do About Them (726 Views)

Reuben Abati's Son, James, Graduates With LL.M From The University Of Hull-pix / EL-RUFAI NEW LAWS : In Kaduna You Cannot Preach Without License. / El-rufai New Laws In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Of The Laws In Nigeria Are Outdated , Here ’s What I ’ll Do About Them by seunwen2(m): 3:01pm On Jul 24, 2015
The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Honourable Yakubu
Dogara has said most of the laws in Nigeria were outdated and do
not align with current realities.
He made the remarks while speaking to members of a 22-man
committee he has set up to oversee legal reforms for various
sectors of the Economy.
“The major reason that informed the setting up of this committee is
the urgent need to review the various laws in the statutes book,
some which have become obsolete and outdated.
“Your committee is being inaugurated today (Thursday) to assist us
in cleaning up our statutes book and bringing all our laws up to date
in order to meet the social, political and developmental needs of our
country,” Honourable Dogara said
Besides reviewing the old laws, the Committee will suggest new
laws and reforms that will help the anti-corruption campaign
amongst other issues within 60 days.
The Speaker urged the committee members to engage their
individual and undivided attention to the law reforms.
“Law reforms put laws in place that will aid the anti-corruption
struggle, infrastructure renewal, efficient and optimal utilisation of
our petroleum resources, solid minerals, education and social services,
agriculture, diversification of our economy and massive employment
of our teeming youthful population,” he said

thesparkng.com/2015/07/most-of-the-laws-in-nigeria-are-outdated/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Most Of The Laws In Nigeria Are Outdated , Here ’s What I ’ll Do About Them by seunwen2(m): 3:02pm On Jul 24, 2015
lalastical do the needful
Re: Most Of The Laws In Nigeria Are Outdated , Here ’s What I ’ll Do About Them by Mrban(m): 3:03pm On Jul 24, 2015
ok
Re: Most Of The Laws In Nigeria Are Outdated , Here ’s What I ’ll Do About Them by Ngasky(m): 3:23pm On Jul 24, 2015
none of the laws is outdated it is just the judicial arm that are lacking in their responsibilities. also for corruption there is no need for even a bill every thing needed is already on ground what else is needed to fight corruption and impunity?

(1) (Reply)

I Am Not Owing FCMB' - Sen. Hope Uzodimma / Two Kano Youths On Their Way To Join ISIS Apprehended In India / Buhari Will Probe Every Kobo Spent Under Jonathan” – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.