Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,955 members, 7,838,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Is It Wrong For Parents To Flog Their Grown Up Kids In The University? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wrong For Parents To Flog Their Grown Up Kids In The University? (1126 Views)

Mother Baths & Bottle Feeds Her Grown Up Daughter On Her Birthday (Photos) / Photo Of Grown Up Nigerian Triplets / I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong For Parents To Flog Their Grown Up Kids In The University? by adonbilivit: 6:00pm On Jul 24, 2015
I just witnessed this. an undergraduate in a Nigerian university was asked to kneel down and flogged by her parents! I think this is wrong.

lalasticlala I go vex if the world does not hear about this.
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Flog Their Grown Up Kids In The University? by ladyF(f): 6:01pm On Jul 24, 2015
Yes. It is very wrong.
I understand if u flog a little child, children can be stubborn, I was... But an adult, hell NO!
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Flog Their Grown Up Kids In The University? by adonbilivit: 6:02pm On Jul 24, 2015
ladyF:
Yes
its so wrong in my opinion
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Flog Their Grown Up Kids In The University? by raayah(f): 6:04pm On Jul 24, 2015
It is wrong to flog anybody including kids and adults.

Its even worse for kids because their skin is softer and they have lower tolerance for pain.

Flogging hurts a lot and it causes more harm than good. Physical injuries is very common with flogging.

I think its also hypocritical that we Nigerians flog our children for normal mistakes but cry foul when police/soldiers flog us.

You dont want to be flogged but you want to flog other people.
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Flog Their Grown Up Kids In The University? by SAMBARRY: 6:04pm On Jul 24, 2015
shocked

I don't believe this story or is the undergraduate in question one of this teenagers that finished secondary school on time and was rushed into one of this private universities at 14?

Question 2 is the child a boy or girl

but I still don't believe sha
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Flog Their Grown Up Kids In The University? by chiefololade: 6:07pm On Jul 24, 2015
OPs username says it all
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Flog Their Grown Up Kids In The University? by adonbilivit: 6:09pm On Jul 24, 2015
SAMBARRY:
shocked

I don't believe this story or is the undergraduate in question one of this teenagers that finished secondary school on time and was rushed into one of this private universities at 14?

Question 2 is the child a boy or girl

but I still don't believe sha
if u like don't believe coz my name is adonbilivit. honestly it happened n she is in a Federal uni.
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Flog Their Grown Up Kids In The University? by SirLegal(m): 6:10pm On Jul 24, 2015
Like for real

Hell NO.

I believe when a student graduates from secondary school, he or she is no longer a child. Talk more of an undergraduate.

In my candid opinion flogging should stop after secondary school that is for we Africans. Cos I know the whites don't believe in flogging.
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Flog Their Grown Up Kids In The University? by adonbilivit: 6:10pm On Jul 24, 2015
chiefololade:
OPs username says it all
get sense na. chiefolodo. so if LAI Mohammed says anything u would say its a LIE just coz he is LAI?
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Flog Their Grown Up Kids In The University? by SAMBARRY: 6:20pm On Jul 24, 2015
shocked

is she a teenager?
adonbilivit:
if u like don't believe coz my name is adonbilivit. honestly it happened n she is in a Federal uni.
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Flog Their Grown Up Kids In The University? by adanduka: 6:25pm On Jul 24, 2015
It is not wrong, however it shouldn't be.
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Flog Their Grown Up Kids In The University? by adonbilivit: 6:29pm On Jul 24, 2015
SAMBARRY:
shocked

is she a teenager?
no. I felt for her tho.
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Flog Their Grown Up Kids In The University? by adonbilivit: 6:30pm On Jul 24, 2015
adanduka:
It is not wrong, however it shouldn't be.
u are contradicting yourself bro. how do u mean?
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Flog Their Grown Up Kids In The University? by ksbusari(m): 6:36pm On Jul 24, 2015
Y nt? If he /she has nt grown beyond beatin nko?
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Flog Their Grown Up Kids In The University? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 24, 2015
Tis very wrong. What will the parents gain by the time the kid now turn to goat in the name of beating??
I can't remember the last time my mum used Cane on our 14year old sister not to talk of university girl. I encourage the use of words rather than beating
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Flog Their Grown Up Kids In The University? by stan241(m): 6:41pm On Jul 24, 2015
Well there are a lot of underage kids in the universities these days so its actually believable

But your username dey make me doubt this story
Re: Is It Wrong For Parents To Flog Their Grown Up Kids In The University? by adanduka: 8:12pm On Jul 24, 2015
adonbilivit:
u are contradicting yourself bro. how do u mean?

Your parents gave you life and can flog you at whatever age. However, they'll look foolish doing it when you're grown and they will not achieve any positive result from that action.

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Lady Who Survived Fire Burns Strips Unclad To Celebrate Recuperation ( / He Attended The Burial Of His Wife Today And Died Few Hours Later:photo / Let's Console A Nairalander Who Lost His Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.