Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? (9276 Views)

Top 10 Tech Skills To Learn To Get A Job In 2017 / Will You Be Losing Your Job In 2017?? Reboot Is For You.... / How Can I Learn Ceh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 24, 2015
Friends, I just completed an Advanced CEH / Pentesting Course from www.infiniteskills.com. How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:21am On Jul 25, 2015
20 views + and no comments. Too bad !! Are they no Professional CEH | Pentesters on nairaland? Common friends, lets talk about CEH | Pentesters Nigeria labour market so that aspiring CEH | Pentesters can learn one or two things from this discussion. This discussion is opened for skids and professionals CEH | Pentesters ** NOTHING IS SECURED ** SECURITY IS AN ILLUSION **
Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 25, 2015
Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 26, 2015
Virusinjector:
Friends, I just completed an Advanced CEH / Pentesting Course from www.infiniteskills.com. How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria?

well.......the two MAJOR ways to get a pentest job in nigeria are:
1. Write a damn good CV and submit to high internet-based corporate organizations and hope they call you up. Or
2. Pentest the networks of big internet-based organizations for vulnerability and security loop holes. Once you're lucky to find one, report to them about it and offer to help them secure their networks........and you may be in for a damn good contract!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 26, 2015
Been searching for the same thing for a while now and resulted to the second option. If you think searching for a pen testing job is hard in Nigeria, try malware reverse engineering.
Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 27, 2015
So What Is The Monthly Salary Of A CEH / Pentester In Nigeria?

basbone:

1. Write a damn good CV and submit to high internet-based corporate organizations and hope they call you up. Or
2. Pentest the networks of big internet-based organizations for vulnerability and security loop holes. Once you're lucky to find one, report to them about it and offer to help them secure their networks........and you may be in for a damn good contract!
Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by talk2hb1(m): 9:25am On Jul 27, 2015
Yet to still a Pentesting vacancy in Nigeria........... cry cry cry
They are suppose to be on all these banks payroll if they are realy serious with all this their epayment system.
Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 27, 2015
Yes, you are right

talk2hb1:
Yet to still a Pentesting vacancy in Nigeria........... cry cry cry
They are suppose to be on all these banks payroll if they are realy serious with all this their epayment system.
Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by Trizyd(m): 7:31pm On Jul 29, 2015
basbone:

I Dont Think Its Legal To Scan Any Organization Without Informing Them. I Only Agree With The Cv. And If You Want To Scan Organizations For Vunl, It Has To Be In A Stealthy Way, But Vunl Scans Are Loud
Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 31, 2015
Manual vul testing is preferable for professional CEH | Pentester because automated vul tools have many false positive and false negative

Trizyd:

I Dont Think Its Legal To Scan Any Organization Without Informing Them. I Only Agree With The Cv. And If You Want To Scan Organizations For Vunl, It Has To Be In A Stealthy Way, But Vunl Scans Are Loud
Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by emans(m): 4:06pm On Jul 31, 2015
@virus injector....pls can I have your email address? I want to discus sometin wit u
Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 02, 2015
Send me a pm on my nairaland profile

emans:
@virus injector....pls can I have your email address? I want to discus sometin wit u
Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 06, 2015
Interesting. . . . .
Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 08, 2015
Say something about CEH employment and jobs in Nigeria. Your contribution might be beneficial to one or two persons reading this thread

dhtml18:
Interesting. . . . .
Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 10, 2015
I look at this post and really laughed loud. How well you know pen testing, you are regarded as a yahoo boy lolol,no offence, I almost asked if you trolling, I just decided to be a bit polite.

Even the so called reverse engineering, how many people even have idea of what IDA, Ollydbg, or immunity debugger is, how many people can code c++ win32 api or pascal win32 api, how many people know assembly, this alone won't even allow that kind of job be in Nigeria so chief think again, I wasn't minding when I said Nigeria got no future for programmers, this my friend is one of the reasons.

I think it's best to think of going to someplace like UK, unites states or Canada, or even Australia or Japan you gonna be paid well and valued.

Heed my advice.
Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 12, 2015
Very touching.... is that the reason we have many amature blackhat hackers in Nigeria?

gimakon:
I look at this post and really laughed loud. How well you know pen testing, you are regarded as a yahoo boy lolol,no offence, I almost asked if you trolling, I just decided to be a bit polite.

Even the so called reverse engineering, how many people even have idea of what IDA, Ollydbg, or immunity debugger is, how many people can code c++ win32 api or pascal win32 api, how many people know assembly, this alone won't even allow that kind of job be in Nigeria so chief think again, I wasn't minding when I said Nigeria got no future for programmers, this my friend is one of the reasons.

I think it's best to think of going to someplace like UK, unites states or Canada, or even Australia or Japan you gonna be paid well and valued.

Heed my advice.
Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 12, 2015
Virusinjector:
Very touching.... is that the reason we have many amature blackhat hackers in Nigeria?

One of them. When you don't have a job and you being jeered at, obviously you would remember what I said here today
I'm thinking of moving to European union in future, maybe something or somewhere like the Netherlands, or Germany, or if it's Asia, Macau to expand my skills there, Nigeria won't only waste your time, you would wish you never thought of something like this here.
Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 12, 2015
basbone:

Ha! Post number 2, is a one way ticket to jail term.
Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 12, 2015
Hahahahahahahaha......... I never stopped laughing at your comment. You don't need to travel out of Nigeria to make a living of CEH and pentesting - just be creative and you can make it big anywhere. Most naija apps and https sites are filled with vul. Well I am already working on a new website where I will be uploading gigabytes of classified sensitive information of high profile corrupt Nigerians fraudulent transactions, contracts and deals. I believe that will attract some public attention and I will be compensated by the Nigeria Government and well meaning Nigerians. That's my 2cent of helping my country with my talent.

gimakon:

One of them. When you don't have a job and you being jeered at, obviously you would remember what I said here today
I'm thinking of moving to European union in future, maybe something or somewhere like the Netherlands, or Germany, or if it's Asia, Macau to expand my skills there, Nigeria won't only waste your time, you would wish you never thought of something like this here.
Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 12, 2015
Virusinjector:
Hahahahahahahaha......... I never stopped laughing at your comment. You don't need to travel out of Nigeria to make a living of CEH and pentesting - just be creative and you can make it big anywhere. Most naija apps and https sites are filled with vul. Well I am already working on a new website where I will be uploading gigabytes of classified sensitive information of high profile corrupt Nigerians fraudulent transactions, contracts and deals. I believe that will attract some public attention and I will be compensated by the Nigeria Government and well meaning Nigerians. That's my 2cent of helping my country with my talent.

Ok no p
Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 12, 2015
You are welcome. I just hope Nigerians appreciates my CEH talents of exposing high profile fraudulent Nigerians

gimakon:

Ok no p
Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by iThoughtSec(m): 9:38pm On Aug 16, 2015
i don't believe what some are saying in regards to finding a Pentesting Job in Nigeria, i will say that it is very difficult but not impossible to get a job.. Nigeria is very young with I.T, by the way we are going, we are growing very fast. so i will suggest that the easiest way would be when you are freelancing and have a stable website that costumers can go to and look at your work. A lot of this so called costumers don't know how prone they can be hack on-line.. As an Ethical-Hacker it is our duty to keep informing them about the grave dangers that comes with been on-line and how to keep been secured..
Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 04, 2015
Well said

iThoughtSec:
i don't believe what some are saying in regards to finding a Pentesting Job in Nigeria, i will say that it is very difficult but not impossible to get a job.. Nigeria is very young with I.T, by the way we are going, we are growing very fast. so i will suggest that the easiest way would be when you are freelancing and have a stable website that costumers can go to and look at your work. A lot of this so called costumers don't know how prone they can be hack on-line.. As an Ethical-Hacker it is our duty to keep informing them about the grave dangers that comes with been on-line and how to keep been secured..
Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 07, 2015
Been searching for the same thing for a while now and resulted to the second option. If you think searching for a pen testing job is hard in Nigeria, try malware reverse engineering.

But gimakon said it is almost impossible getting a CEH job in Nigeria even if you are a malware analyser
Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 07, 2015
Virusinjector:

But gimakon said it is almost impossible getting a CEH job in Nigeria even if you are a malware analyser

OK, you called me. And I came.

So Hello and how has pen testing been going on? What exploit you done lately? Did you use Metasploit? Or did you code in python straight up?
Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 07, 2015
gimakon:

OK, you called me. And I came.

So Hello and how has pen testing been going on? What exploit you done lately? Did you use Metasploit? Or did you code in python straight up?

My pentesting had been going well, although time consuming. I used Nessus & Metasploit but most high profile systems I encountered were patched and the vulns I discovered were not remotely exploitable. Was your experience too?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 08, 2015
Virusinjector:

My pentesting had been going well, although time consuming. I used Nessus & Metasploit but most high profile systems I encountered were patched and the vulns I discovered were not remotely exploitable. Was your experience too?

Same as me. I have something to show you today that you could help me with (Lets test your skills there) Can i send you an email ?
Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 08, 2015
gimakon:

Same as me. I have something to show you today that you could help me with (Lets test your skills there) Can i send you an email ?

Yes, you can email me through my nairaland profile
Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 08, 2015
Virusinjector:
You are welcome. I just hope Nigerians appreciates my CEH talents of exposing high profile fraudulent Nigerians
I would not try it if i were you. . . .but what the heck? Somebody has to do it - better you than me.
Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 08, 2015
dhtml18:

I would not try it if i were you. . . .but what the heck? Somebody has to do it - better you than me.

I don't get you
Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 08, 2015
Virusinjector:

I don't get you

Sup? You been able to do anything with the vid I sent you?
Re: How Do You Get A CEH / Pentesting Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 08, 2015
gimakon:

Sup? You been able to do anything with the vid I sent you?
Am working with the video now

(1) (2) (Reply)

Android Quiz Application With Json Parser, Php And Mysql Database / C++ Or Java: Which Way To Go? / Python Tutorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.