Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,263 members, 7,818,891 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 (32080 Views)

Top 10 Contenders For The Presidency In 2019 If President Buhari Fails To Run / Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? / Fayose Hops On A Motorcycle For A Ride To The State Government's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 by prest(m): 1:23am On Jul 25, 2015
Meet the major contenders struggling to occupy Edo state Governorship seat at Osadebe avenue come 2016, Each of the aspirant has stated consultations with their constituant and party members.

1 General Charles E. Airhiavbere (rtd.)

General Charles E. Airhiavbere (rtd.) was born on 11th October, 1954, at Ekiadolor, near Benin, He joined the Nigerian Army as a cadet in the Nigerian Military School and thereafter read Accountancy at Auchi Polytechnic obtaining a Higher National Diploma (Upper Class) in 1981.

He thereafter enlisted into the Nigeria Defence Academy for the Direct Short Service Course in 1981 and was commissioned as a Lieutenant in the Nigeria Army Finance Corps in June 1981 before proceeding to do a Masters Degree programme in Business Administration at University of Ibadan (1987) with specialization in finance. Airhiavbere rose through the ranks to a Major-General and Commander, Corps of Army Finance and Accounts at the Army Headquarters. He was the PDP candidate at the 2012 Edo state Governorship election.

2 Chris Ogiemwonyi - APC

Engr Christopher Aigbovbiosa Ogiemwonyi (born 21 March 1951) was a former Minister of state for Works at the Nigeria Federal Ministry of Works, a retired Group Executive director of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), is the current President of Energy and Engineering Technology Consulting Group since 2011.

After defecting from the People's Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressive Congress (APC), he has declared to run as Governorship aspirant at Edo State Governorship Election in 2016 under the umbrella of the All Progressive Congress (APC) party. He is married with children.

3 Pius Egberanmwen Odubu - APC

Rt.Hon. (Dr) Pius Egberanmwen Odubu (B.L) is married with 4 children is a Barrister and Solicitor at Law of the Supreme Court of Nigeria, having been called to the bar in October 1986. He hails Urhomehe in Orhionmwon Local Govt Area of Edo State. he attended St. Pius Primary School, Urhomehe. Immaculate Conception College, Benin City,

he proceeded in 1977 at the tender age of 19 to U.S.A. to further his educational pursuit. While, in the U.S.A., he attended: Philandersmith College, Little Rock Arkansas, Southern University, Baton Rouge Louisiana, southern University school of Law, Baton Rouge Louisiana, Georgetown University Law Centre, Washington D.C.

He holds a B.A. (Hons) in Political Science, Doctor of Jurisprudence Degree in Law, Master of Law in International and Comparative Law.
He returned to Nigeria in 1985 and went straight to the Nigeria Law School, Lagos and was called to the Nigerian Bar in October 1986.

Rt. Hon. (Dr) Pius Egberanmwen Odubu was in private legal practice in Benin City, Edo State, until 1999 when he won election into the Federal House of Representatives National Assembly Abuja. Representing Orhionmwon/Uhumwode Federal Constituency of Edo State. He won again in 2003.

Rt. Hon. (Dr) Pius Egberanmwen Odubu is presently the Deputy Governor of Edo State Lastly and perhaps most importantly, Rt Hon. (Dr) Pius Egberanmwen Odubu is a member of the Nigeria'Bar Association.

4 Barrister Kenneth Imasuagbon - APC

Barr. Kenneth Imasuagbon is a former Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship aspirant and educationist, a Law graduate from the University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University), Kenneth Imansuangbon is a lawyer, politician, busi­nessman, philanthropist and the chairman, of Abuja based Pace Setters Group of Schools. Born on May 4, 1966, into a humble background in the rustic Ewohimi community in Edo State, he is a principal partner at Imansuangbon and Co. Company, a legal firm of which he founded.

He worked as a technical assistant in training with the Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA)in early 1980s. Barr. Kenneth Imasuagbon is popularly known as Rice Man in Edo state, due to his annual rice sharing ritual to the poor in the state,

http://naijaopen..com/2015/07/meet-major-contenders-for-edo-state.html#more

Re: Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 by prest(m): 1:26am On Jul 25, 2015
5 Barrister Osarodion Ogie - APC

Barrister Osarodion Ogie is the commissioner for works Edo State, Born in September 24, 1960, Ogie attended Eghosa Grammar School, Benin City and University of Ife (1981-1985). A Solicitor and Advocate of the Supreme Court of Nigeria, was called to the Nigerian Bar in 1986, he was the Secretary to the Oshiomhole Campaign Organization.

He was a Principal Partner in the law firm of Osarodion Ogie & Co.

6 Oserheimen Osunbor - APC

Former Governor Oserheimen Osunbor, Born on Friday, October 5, 1951 in Iruekpen in the present day Esan West Local Government Area of Edo State, a Professor of Law, Prof Oserheimen Osunbor was elected Senator for the Edo Central senatorial district at the start of the Nigerian Fourth Republic, running on PDP platform. He took office on 29 May 1999, Osunbor was also reelected to his senate seat in April 2003.

He is the immediate past governor of Edo State, He served as Governor of the state from May 29, 2007 to November 11, 2008, before a federal Appeal Court sitting in Benin City upheld the ruling of the state's elections petitions tribunal, declaring Oshiomole to be the Governor of Edo State. he defected with his teeming supporters to APC on Tuesday, March 7, 2015.

7 Onolememen mike - PDP

Arc. Mike Oziegbe Onolememen. A chartered Architect and professional construction manager of over 25 years cognate experience in the private and public sector in Nigeria, Arc. Mike Onolememen holds the Bachelor of Science degree in Architecture, the Master of science degree in Architecture, and the Master of science degree in Construction management.

He is currently rounding up work on his Ph.D dissertation in Public Policy and Administration, Immediate past Minister, Federal Ministry of Works, Served as Minister of State, in the Ministry of Defense, Served as Head of the directorate of Project Management of the then Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF).

8 Matthew Iduoriyekemwen - PDP

Mathew Iduoriyekemwen JP Born on 2rd May 1966 in Benin City, He had his education at Immaculate Conception College, Benin City, between 1979 and 1984. He thereafter proceeded to study Zoology at the University of Benin, Benin City and obtained a Second Class Honours degree. he acquired a Bachelor of Laws degree (LL.B.) in 2006 in AAU Epkoma.

Hon. Matthew, ‘‘Major’’ as popularly called by his compatriots also He represented kpoba-Okha Local Government Area in the Edo State House of Assembly between May 1999 and May 2007. He was Edo State Representative on the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).

Re: Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 by prest(m): 1:28am On Jul 25, 2015
9 Osagie Ize-Iyamu - PDP

Osagie Ize-Iyamu was born on the 21st June 1962, He attended St. Joseph Primary School and Ebenezer Nursery and Primary School in Benin City. He had his Secondary education at Edo College He graduated with an LLB (Hons) from University of Benin and proceeded to the Nigerian Law School, Lagos.

He was chief of Staff in Edo State Government from 1999 to 2003 and Secretary to Government from 2003 to 2007.
He was the National Vice Chairman, South-South Zone of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN).

He is also a District Pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God and in charge of the Edo Province I Headquarter Church, Benin City.

10 Solomon Iyobosa Edebiri - PDP

He hail from Iguogbe in Uhunmwonde Local Government Area of Edo State, he was born on 22nd April, 1962,
He obtain School Leaving Certificate, Secondary School Certificate, Certificate in General Welding in Petroleum Training Institute, Effurun, Warri, National Diploma in Welding And Fabrication, Petroleum Training Institute Warri, Postgraduate certificate in Business Administration, UK, Masters In Business Administration, European-American University.

Some postion holds Chairman/Managing Director, Typha Cenia Nigeria Limited, Chairman/Managing Director, Thortex Nigeria Limited, Chairman/Managing Director, Synia Nigeria Limited, Chairman Sifawa Transport and Logistics Limited, Chairman Sifawa Dynasty Limited, Chairman/CEO KSD group Nigeria Limited, Chairman/Managing Director David’s Mines Limited, Chairman/CEO Viva Angels Limited, President, Eagle Finance group, Ghana. He was the ANPP Governorship candidate at the last Governorship election in 2012.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 by Nobody: 4:06am On Jul 25, 2015
PDP taking over Edo state!!!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 by Femolacaster(m): 4:10am On Jul 25, 2015
May the best man win!!!

4 Likes

Re: Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 by Nobody: 4:38am On Jul 25, 2015
goodluck to them,I hope Edo state gets someone that wld work tirelessly,like fashola and transform the state,I think its about time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 by tpiadotcom: 4:58am On Jul 25, 2015
hm
Re: Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 by greatestman(m): 5:38am On Jul 25, 2015
So baba Adams tenure done finished and this is the time he got married. Sha na retirement package from Edo state treasury. Adams really want to rest.

4 Likes

Re: Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 by tony1918(m): 5:39am On Jul 25, 2015
May the best man win
Re: Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 by Jorussia(m): 6:00am On Jul 25, 2015
I support imasuagbon

8 Likes

Re: Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 by orobs93(m): 6:25am On Jul 25, 2015
Where did u get did news from well I only knw one man which is Kenneth. Imasuewagbon I will vote 4 him with my eyes closed even if e is in kowa party

6 Likes

Re: Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 by simeonii(m): 6:28am On Jul 25, 2015
Following...
But is Senator Uzamere no longer in the race?

For me the election is 50:50 btw APC and PDP....I think Ize Iyamu has good followership but don't know if its enough for him to win. Ken Imasuagbon seems loved by almost everybody, but seems he finds its difficult to always be a party candidate(I'm still not certain he will win APC ticket, too many Big shot in APC).....and its surprising to me too how the Deputy Governor don't seems popular even after been there for 8yrs with comrade.
I also heard Prof. Oshodin is also considered too, but don't really know how true.....

1 Like

Re: Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 by Gombs(m): 6:28am On Jul 25, 2015
Good for them... Today's my birthday. Show some love. smiley

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 by wisov(m): 6:30am On Jul 25, 2015
Imasuagbon,odubu last choice osunbor

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 by DONMAYOR19(m): 6:34am On Jul 25, 2015
As far is Edo, make apc forget am.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 by buharisambisada: 6:39am On Jul 25, 2015
What osho fears the most shall befall him when he leaves govt house, except baba go slow comes to his rescuse he would no longer be able to trip his samllie wife,and from what i can see she's obviously like the type of chick that seeks adventure and osho is scared of living her alone too so he takes her everywhere let's see how long he can keep up.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 by azimibraun: 6:40am On Jul 25, 2015
I don't know about Edo but am Danm sure Prince Abubakar Audu a good friend of the Edo people will become the next Governor of Kogi state under the APC. I need a Correct individual from Edo as well so that both bothering states can consolidate on issue of the Economy and Security. I need more than my state alone to develop our Neighbors are as important too. A poor Edo will affect Kogi through Okene and an Insecure Kogi will affect Edo through Okene/Auchi. So Audu for Kogii and who for EDO?

4 Likes

Re: Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 by horlabiyi(m): 6:41am On Jul 25, 2015
The man in the fourth picture looks like the " western version " of oshiomole. I hope the best among them win the race.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 by azimibraun: 6:46am On Jul 25, 2015
All Kogites in Edo vote for the Edo Man/Woman that will partner with Kogi for soci-economic and political development of our both states. Kogi is so messed up right now we need all our neighbors to be on thesame developmental page as us. Bilateral/Multilateral ties plus Abuja is what Kogi needs now. We have done a great job of the center now let's create the kind of neighbors we want to have. Kogites participate strongly in the Edo elections. We command a great demography in Edo.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 by dridowu: 7:00am On Jul 25, 2015
He who the cap fit let him wear.
Re: Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 by Menace2Society(m): 7:07am On Jul 25, 2015
azimibraun:
All Kogites in Edo vote for the Edo Man/Woman that will partner with Kogi for soci-economic and political development of our both states. Kogi is so messed up right now we need all our neighbors to be on thesame developmental page as us. Bilateral/Multilateral ties plus Abuja is what Kogi needs now. We have done a great job of the center now let's create the kind of neighbors we want to have. Kogites participate strongly in the Edo elections. We command a great demography in Edo.
Give me Okun State now!U people don spoil the state finish undecided
Re: Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:25am On Jul 25, 2015
azimibraun:

Prince Audu should go and sit down. Must he be governor? Every election year he keep contesting.
We can't downgrade the role he played in the last election, by making sure APC sweep Kogi state.

I will advice he bring someone out to contest instead of him.

PS: The Igalas (Kogi East) have been ruling Kogi state since the return of democracy, what about the rest zones? Kogi central (Ebira) and Kogi central West (Okun) ? abi na only Igala waka come?

Note: I am from Kogi East.

6 Likes

Re: Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:27am On Jul 25, 2015
Menace2Society:
Give me Okun State now!U people don spoil the state finish undecided

undecided[
Re: Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 by erunz(m): 7:32am On Jul 25, 2015
Onolememe the way to go,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 by ogunwalea(m): 7:47am On Jul 25, 2015
Their wahala undecided
Re: Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 by ritababe(f): 7:48am On Jul 25, 2015
where is ihonvbere?

1 Like

Re: Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 by WASMOG(m): 7:49am On Jul 25, 2015
Apc change
Re: Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 by Afrocatalyst: 7:49am On Jul 25, 2015
Their palava. I no be Edo man.
Re: Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 by Brytawon(m): 7:49am On Jul 25, 2015
I was walking around when i saw a cashier hand this little boy his money back, the boy couldn't have been more than 5 or 6 years old. The Cashier said, 'I'm sorry, but you don't have enough money to buy this doll.'' The little boy turned to the old woman next to him, ''Granny, are you sure I don't have enough money?'' She replied, ''You know that you don't have enough money to buy this doll, my dear.'' Then she asked him to stay there for just 5 minutes while she went to look around. She left quickly. The little boy was still holding the doll in his hand. Finally, I walked toward him and I asked him who he wished to give this doll to. 'It's the doll that my sister loved most and wanted so much for Christmas. She was sure that Santa Claus would bring it to her.' I replied to him that maybe Santa Claus would bring it to her after all, and not to worry. But he replied to me sadly. 'No, Santa Claus can't bring it to her where she is now. I have to give the doll to my mommy so that she can give it to my sister when she goes there.' His eyes were so sad while saying this, 'My Sister has gone to be with God. Daddy says that Mommy is going to see God very soon too, so I thought that she could take the doll with her to give it to my sister.'' My heart nearly stopped. The little boy looked up at me and said, 'I told daddy to tell mommy not to go yet. I need her to wait until I come back from the mall.' Then he showed me a very nice photo of himself. He was laughing. He then told me 'I want mommy to take my picture with her so she won't forget me.' 'I love my mommy and I wish she didn't have to leave me, but daddy says that she has to go to be with my little sister.' Then he looked again at the doll with sad eyes, very quietly. I quickly reached for my wallet and said to the boy. 'Suppose we check again, just in case you do have enough money for the doll!'' OK' he said, 'I hope I do have enough.' I added some of my money to his without him seeing and we started to count it. There was enough for the doll and even some spare money. The little boy said, 'Thank you God for giving me enough money!' Then he looked at me and added, 'I asked last night before I went to sleep for God to make sure I had enough money to buy this doll, so that mommy could give it to my sister. He heard me!'' 'I also wanted to have enough money to buy a white rose for my mommy, but I didn't dare to ask God for too much. But He gave me enough to buy the doll and a white rose.'' 'My mommy loves white roses.' A few minutes later, the old lady returned and I left with my basket. I finished my shopping in a totally different state of mind from when I started. I couldn't get the little boy out of my mind. Then I remembered a local newspaper article two days ago, which mentioned a drunk man in a truck, who hit a car occupied by a young woman and a little girl. The little girl died right away and the mother was left in a critical state. The family had to decide whether to pull the plug on the life-sustaining machine because the young woman would not be able to recover from the coma. Was this the family of the little boy? Two days after this encounter with the little boy I read in the newspaper that the young woman had passed away. I couldn't stop myself as I bought a bunch of white roses and I went to the funeral home where the body of the young woman was for people to see and make last wishes before her burial. She was there, in her coffin, holding a beautiful white rose in her hand with the photo of the little boy and the doll placed over her chest. I left the place, teary-eyed, feeling that my life had been changed forever. The love that the little boy had for his mother and his sister is still, to this day, hard to imagine, and in a fraction of a second, a drunk driver had taken all this away from him.

8 Likes

Re: Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 by ionsman: 7:50am On Jul 25, 2015
Any Bini man Apc presents will be the next governor of Edo state. ...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Article On Obama's Cabinet(2): PMB Was Absolutely Wrong / President Buhari To Send Letter To National Assembly On Monday / Reason Why We Disrupted 2019 Budget Presentation — Minority Leader, PDP Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.