Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Unhealthy Deduction Of Firstbank Frm Customers Account (photo) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Unhealthy Deduction Of Firstbank Frm Customers Account (photo) (4928 Views)

Another First As Firstbank’s Payment Card Hits 10 Million In Nigeria / A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers / Gtbank Deactivating Customers Account Who Have Linked Their Bvns? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unhealthy Deduction Of Firstbank Frm Customers Account (photo) by Toscoas2(m): 1:39am On Jul 25, 2015
How can a bank be deducting from its customer account incessantly and called it SMS alert, even wen personal SMS cost #4, can we say their is something called corporate SMS. This is what first bank did wit my money...nairalander share ur experience wit Ds bank and others ....

Cc
Lalasticlala

Re: Unhealthy Deduction Of Firstbank Frm Customers Account (photo) by geebehn(m): 1:45am On Jul 25, 2015
booked
Re: Unhealthy Deduction Of Firstbank Frm Customers Account (photo) by Gboliwe: 2:24am On Jul 25, 2015
I just don't like firstbank at all. I made the singular mistake of opening a student Account with them years ago, I maintained that account until 2013 when one of the managers dealt with me so unpleasantly I had to withdraw all I had there leaving a balance of about N800. Ever since then, I have sent mails, went on face book, went to their office in my state of residence and also went to the particular branch where I opened the account during my school days, it's almost 2years and they still haven't stopped sending me annoying SMS alerts.

By the way, I went to branch where I presently reside to ask that they stop the SMSes as the account is already dormant, the incompetent staff on the table told me I could only do that at the originating branch tthe branch where I first opened the account). After several months, I was in that state and went to the yeye branch, filled forms and another incompetent staff on the table told me my number has been removed from their data base and I would no longer get any alerts from my dormant account. Na lie! It still comes. I sent them mails they have never replied. Went to their facebook page to complain, they didn't even respond at all.

They are a bunch of very annoying incompetent crass staff. angry
Re: Unhealthy Deduction Of Firstbank Frm Customers Account (photo) by cnwokike(m): 6:03am On Jul 25, 2015
Gboliwe:
I just don't like firstbank at all. I made the singular mistake of opening a student Account with them years ago, I maintained that account until 2013 when one of the managers dealt with me so unpleasantly I had to withdraw all I had there leaving a balance of about N800. Ever since then, I have sent mails, went on face book, went to their office in my state of residence and also went to the particular branch where I opened the account during my school days, it's almost 2years and they still haven't stopped sending me annoying SMS alerts.

By the way, I went to branch where I presently reside to ask that they stop the SMSes as the account is already dormant, the incompetent staff on the table told me I could only do that at the originating branch tthe branch where I first opened the account). After several months, I was in that state and went to the yeye branch, filled forms and another incompetent staff on the table told me my number has been removed from their data base and I would no longer get any alerts from my dormant account. Na lie! It still comes. I sent them mails they have never replied. Went to their facebook page to complain, they didn't even respond at all.

They are a bunch of very annoying incompetent crass staff. angry

I understand your feelings about this but I quite disagree with you as regards your view of FirstBank staff as "annoying incompetent crass staff".

FirstBank has various channels for communication. I will also want to assure you that a lot has been put in place to give you a pleasant experience each time you interface with any of FirstBank's touch points. And the bank is currently working hard to ensure that your expectations are exceeded with every successive transactions.

I will suggest you give it a try, and try running your account again. I guess by now your account must have been dormant. You can easily reactivate your account by visiting any FirstBank branch closest to you with your ID card and utility bill. And don't forget to request for any of FirstBank's mobile money solutions, Online Banking, ATM cards and other value added servives that are in place to give you a seamless and interesting transactions.

Thank you.
Re: Unhealthy Deduction Of Firstbank Frm Customers Account (photo) by jamace(m): 7:03am On Jul 25, 2015
cnwokike:

I understand your feelings about this but I quite disagree with you as regards your view of FirstBank staff as "annoying incompetent crass staff".

FirstBank has various channels for communication. I will also want to assure you that a lot has been put in place to give you a pleasant experience each time you interface with any of FirstBank's touch points. And the bank is currently working hard to ensure that your expectations are exceeded with every successive transactions.

I will suggest you give it a try, and try running your account again. I guess by now your account must have been dormant. You can easily reactivate your account by visiting any FirstBank branch closest to you with your ID card and utility bill. And don't forget to request for any of FirstBank's mobile money solutions, Online Banking, ATM cards and other value added servives that are in place to give you a seamless and interesting transactions.

Thank you.
Well done, Mr marketer. However, note that the matter at hand is serious and you should address it.

Just this morning, I received 2 alerts from First Bank deducting various sums of my money as SMS charges. Those charges are too high for SMS charges. The most annoying part is that this deductions happen every month, so why are the charges that high?
Re: Unhealthy Deduction Of Firstbank Frm Customers Account (photo) by cnwokike(m): 7:27am On Jul 25, 2015
jamace:
Well done, Mr marketer. However, note that the matter at hand is serious and you should address it.

Just this morning, I received 2 alerts from First Bank deducting various sums of my money as SMS charges. Those charges are too high for SMS charges. The most annoying part is that this deductions happen every month, so why are the charges that high?

I will suggest you take the complaints to any FirstBank branch closest to you or lodge your complaint to First Contact via firstcontact@firstbanknigeria.com
Re: Unhealthy Deduction Of Firstbank Frm Customers Account (photo) by COvo(m): 7:47am On Jul 25, 2015
Re: Unhealthy Deduction Of Firstbank Frm Customers Account (photo) by Gboliwe: 10:05am On Jul 25, 2015
cnwokike:

Thank you.

Obviously you have a stake with first bank. I am a customer, and I am telling you in all honesty my experience with firstbank of Nigeria PLC. My opinion is mine. If i'd been treated any better, I wouldn't have anything against them but I have been treated unjustly, arrogantly and incompetently. It stands, the staff are incompetent, lazy, arrogant and not fit for the position.

I'd rather dig a hole under my bed and keep my money than re-activate that account. You just don't get my annoyance do you?

1 Like

Re: Unhealthy Deduction Of Firstbank Frm Customers Account (photo) by aceTS: 10:37am On Jul 25, 2015
Gboliwe:

Obviously you have a stake with first bank. I am a customer, and I am telling you in all honesty my experience with firstbank of Nigeria PLC. My opinion is mine. If i'd been treated any better, I wouldn't have anything against them but I have been treated unjustly, arrogantly and incompetently. It stands, the staff are incompetent, lazy, arrogant and not fit for the position.

I'd rather dig a hole under my bed and keep my money than re-activate that account. You just don't get my annoyance do you?
No he doesn't. And he never will. what he has being saying so far is the standard template all staff of the bank use for handling all customers' complaints. they are like badly programmed robots.

3 Likes

Re: Unhealthy Deduction Of Firstbank Frm Customers Account (photo) by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:46am On Jul 25, 2015
Toscoas2, go to your bank and request to fill a form to DEACTIVATE sms alert.
Email is enough jare. Unnecessary deductions all in the name of sms charges.
Re: Unhealthy Deduction Of Firstbank Frm Customers Account (photo) by Gboliwe: 10:50am On Jul 25, 2015
aceTS:

No he doesn't. And he never will. what he has being saying so far is the standard template all staff of the bank use for handling all customers' complaints. they are like badly programmed robots.

It's obvious. I have forgotten the yeye slogan they were repeating to me when I went to that branch in April asking them to remove my number from their database. Yet the incompetent staff didn't do anything, after filling a form and wasting almost 45mts of my life in that place waiting for them to say it had been done.

Now I remember this, I am so angry again.
Re: Unhealthy Deduction Of Firstbank Frm Customers Account (photo) by Toscoas2(m): 2:39pm On Jul 25, 2015
ferhyntorlah:

Thanks jare
Re: Unhealthy Deduction Of Firstbank Frm Customers Account (photo) by Toscoas2(m): 2:51pm On Jul 25, 2015
cnwokike:

Thank you.
At adviser, all u could do is to advice bt u can't profer solution to ur incessant deduction, shame on you and ur bank.....you need to see other bank like diamond, WEMA and gtb......people are running frm Ds so called first bank and I think I will close my account with them too

1 Like

Re: Unhealthy Deduction Of Firstbank Frm Customers Account (photo) by ambrosini593(m): 5:00pm On Jul 25, 2015
They did it to me too. Double sms alert charges today. First bank we hail
Re: Unhealthy Deduction Of Firstbank Frm Customers Account (photo) by Gboliwe: 5:18pm On Jul 25, 2015
ferhyntorlah:

It won't still work. Those staff, every single one of them is incompetent. angry
I have filled that form yet the yeye sms still come even when the account is dormant
Re: Unhealthy Deduction Of Firstbank Frm Customers Account (photo) by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:52pm On Jul 25, 2015
Gboliwe:

It won't still work. Those staff, every single one of them is incompetent. angry
I have filled that form yet the yeye sms still come even when the account is dormant

This don pass be careful.
Re: Unhealthy Deduction Of Firstbank Frm Customers Account (photo) by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:54pm On Jul 25, 2015
Toscoas2:
Thanks jare
You welcome.
Re: Unhealthy Deduction Of Firstbank Frm Customers Account (photo) by Yanglee(m): 9:30pm On Jul 25, 2015
The first bank sms charge is very annoying. Imagine, I didn't carry out any transaction on my first bank account purposely all through the month, and I still got charged for sms alert, that I never got in the first place. I think I would have to close the account as well.
Re: Unhealthy Deduction Of Firstbank Frm Customers Account (photo) by Super101: 11:17pm On Jul 25, 2015
cnwokike:

Thank you.

Mr. Man, the OP is very very correct. How can you explain a situation money will be debited from my account in the name of SMS Alert even when i have not carry out transaction in months?.
Re: Unhealthy Deduction Of Firstbank Frm Customers Account (photo) by Gboliwe: 4:31am On Jul 26, 2015
Super101:

Mr. Man, the OP is very very correct. How can you explain a situation money will be debited from my account in the name of SMS Alert even when i have not carry out transaction in months?.
Yanglee:
The first bank sms charge is very annoying. Imagine, I didn't carry out any transaction on my first bank account purposely all through the month, and I still got charged for sms alert, that I never got in the first place. I think I would have to close the account as well.

Thank you guys. My own Account is dormant. Has been that way for over a year now yet they still deduct money from the about N800 I left in the account and even send me SMS to that effect. Isn't that foolishness and incompetence?
Re: Unhealthy Deduction Of Firstbank Frm Customers Account (photo) by Toscoas2(m): 9:53pm On Jul 26, 2015
Yanglee:
I think d best thing to do is to close down our accounts wit Ds scammers bankbank undecided
Re: Unhealthy Deduction Of Firstbank Frm Customers Account (photo) by tonjeola(m): 4:34am On Jul 27, 2015
Yanglee:
but why first bank is like that, account I used last was Nov 2014,due to update issue, I went to a branch in lagos to request for atm, only for their staff to informed that I can't be issued atm because the picture on my account is old, she requested for a recent one, I instantly gave her 1, I was surprised in this modern world of technology, she told me to go back to my branch in port harcourt to submit it or I will give them 3 weeks or more for them to send it and get reply. Do u know for the funniness part, I was charged atm maintenance fee of N100 this year for account that don't have atm and N12 every month for account ve not being using, imagine!
Na real yeye First bank!!!

(1) (Reply)

NDIC Boss Urges Banks To Recapitalise / Investing In Nigeria: How Risky? / Asset & Resource Management Co Ltd(aggressive Growth Investment On I.p.o

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.