Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks (21908 Views)

Magu: Senate Plans Fresh Showdown With Presidency / FG Plans Fresh Financial Relief Package For States / Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by Okaka27(m): 7:31am On Jul 25, 2015
at least he has a good mindset
oya TANoids aka Wailing Professionals PHd ova to Una grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by pointstores(m): 7:32am On Jul 25, 2015
May God give u wisdom to rule these country a proverb says wisdom is profitable to direction
Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by 1miccza: 7:38am On Jul 25, 2015
*Scratching my head* this would have been the move of the century, it's just that he would fix another set of mallams as their heads

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by quiethollu(m): 7:38am On Jul 25, 2015
Dis would be great...but honestly I'm tired of reading 'we would do dis' evry day wen would we start seeing action! angry
Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by smarteze(m): 7:38am On Jul 25, 2015
I will reserve my comment until Mr president start working.
Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by anwo247: 7:43am On Jul 25, 2015
I will
Yes I wll
When I wll
If I will
Then I will
That means I will
Do when I will

And you have not done anything than to take us back since you came.

Our people are dieing up north daily, but lives don't matter to you.

Now your master US has refused to sell Arms to you. What will you do ?

Since you came it's only about oil, oil, and oilllllllll and you said you're not a thief.

Ministers won't give contracts, but will the president give contract? Hey Mr. Self proclaimed righteous dullard, are you infallible? Are you God? Don't you commit sin?

Keep deceiving your gullible followers. I didnt vote for you and by the day I keep getting more happy that I didn't vote for you. ...Dullard.
Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by adconline(m): 7:47am On Jul 25, 2015
Does this man know that there is an Act that established NNPC? It's going to take NASS to unwind its operation? This man talks b4 he consults! No wonder he needed an interpreter to explain " inclusive" to him. He's going to hire Soyinka to explain "higgledy piggledy" to him

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 25, 2015
This Man is a Leader!

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by repogirl(f): 7:55am On Jul 25, 2015
BULLSHIT!!! angry grin
Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by kabshina(m): 7:56am On Jul 25, 2015
Good move.....Keep it up Sir,In God will trust and some reasonable Nigerian believes in you.
Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 25, 2015
This is Nigeria's President speaking grin
His name is President M. Buhari smiley
Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by Ramsey247(m): 8:03am On Jul 25, 2015
So the PIB is gone for ever. Sorri Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by londoner: 8:04am On Jul 25, 2015
adconline:
Does this man know that there is an Act that established NNPC? It's going to take NASS to unwind its operation? This man talks b4 he consults! No wonder he needed an interpreter to explain " inclusive" to him. He's going to hire Soyinka to explain "higgledy piggledy" to him

Talks before he consults? He does not consult, he acts alone and will not be questioned. He is a dictator. No respect whatsoever for democratic processes. Licences will be awarded and rewarded and it will be hidden. Let's see if they will not once again be a northern affair.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 25, 2015
Nice ideas. But with the type of people we have in the National Assembly, I hope he's able to push the legislative aspects through.
Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by BraniacX(m): 8:07am On Jul 25, 2015
See all these fvcking aboki's dey talk like say NNPC na Nothern Nigeria petroleum corporation? angry

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by onatisi(m): 8:12am On Jul 25, 2015
yorke1:
This man talk too much. All we hear is I will do, I will do and I will do. When are you going to start doing.
God bless you. you couldn't have said it any better . All he does is talk talk talk .

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by shilexworldsexy(m): 8:15am On Jul 25, 2015
DONMAYOR19:
This dulla-rd is too dull. undecided

But not as dull as u and u family Mr man

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by dklex(m): 8:16am On Jul 25, 2015
[quote author=yorke1 post=

u need a solid foundation before u build a good house bro.
Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by onatisi(m): 8:16am On Jul 25, 2015
This government keeps talking about “ongoing reforms ”, pls can somebody pls tell me one reform which this govt is presently carrying out? Because everything still operates as it used to be , so where are th “ongoing” reforms !

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by kokoA(m): 8:17am On Jul 25, 2015
yorke1:
This man talk too much. All we hear is I will do, I will do and I will do. When are you going to start doing.
He already told you September. It's not his fault if you fail to understand.
Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by shilexworldsexy(m): 8:21am On Jul 25, 2015
zimoni:
Hahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha

We are watching and waiting.

2019 is not far.

One thing is certain, PDP shall be back. Yes, I'm sure.

That will only happen in ur dreams not in real life, mumu what's did you benefited frm pdp sixteen yrs in office, unless u are a thief too who's close to those pple stealing public funds.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by eddyj36(m): 8:26am On Jul 25, 2015
I guess this is where Tinubu comes in to cash out on his APC investments. Let's see how things unfold.

Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by persius555(m): 8:29am On Jul 25, 2015
Whats wrong with publishing names in this country? Is NNPC a person, if its not, then please publish the names of those who have benefitted from this plunder. The last time we had this was when abacha died. Back in 1999, TELL magazine would roll out names of individuals, amount stolen and account numbers offshore and onshore. These days, its all secrecy and deceit. Please....
Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by Batista76(m): 8:37am On Jul 25, 2015
The Plans make sense, hope they will see execution. What matters is getting this country back on track not all this witch hunting and petty squabbles. Let's stabilize then he can go after all the corrupt individuals not minding the party. Then we can actually say Change Has Come.
Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by adekaz777: 8:45am On Jul 25, 2015
We are gradually reaching there, the real reason why hausa/fulani believe GEJ must be chased away to retain or even increase their ownership of 80% of Nigerian oil blocks as most of the blocks expires this july. This simply, Buhari will tell u they want foreign companies to reduced the oil theft and hausa/fulani will be the promoters and nigerian content of shareholders since foreigner can not 100% own a company in Nigeria. Hausa/fulani can not trust any other tribe when come to political power arithmetic, that's mistake Tinubu made, El-rufai is our president-defacto . if anybody need anything from this goverment, El-Rufai must approve if its on economy and trade,he doesn't need to in meetings in abuja all the time or travel with president so that ppl will not understand the arrangement.I see hausa/fulani ruling this country for at least 20 years ,if nigeria remain as one & mark my words there wouldn't be any development. I pitty my country for falling so cheap to lies & propaganda by APC(missing money )
Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by RealEstate37: 8:48am On Jul 25, 2015
Affordable LANDS FOR SALE and APARTMENTS FOR RENT at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728
Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by FacelessPatriot: 8:49am On Jul 25, 2015
why is buhari so much interested in the oil industry? makes one feel that was the major reason he wanted power back at all cost. i hope it produces results lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by FacelessPatriot: 8:52am On Jul 25, 2015
adconline:

don't mind him, he's always using "i will" every time. meanwhile Saraki blood dey hot, EFCC is harassing his wife.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by TGM2015: 8:53am On Jul 25, 2015
[quote author=CuteMaryJ post=36245971] [\quote]
Please add the full interview in the link to your post.
Thanks.
Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by teepsee(f): 9:13am On Jul 25, 2015
Please can we give this man time? If we are to criticize, let it be constructive criticism.

Before one begin to execute a project. There must be a planing. Well If u don't know, the talking are part of the planing.
Re: Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:14am On Jul 25, 2015
CuteMaryJ:
President Muhammadu Buhari has finally revealed what will be the fate of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, saying thenational oil company will be divided into two successor entities under his administration.

The President, who stated this in an interview with journalists in Washington DC during a four-day visit to the United States, an extract of which was made available to Saturday PUNCH,explained that the decision would form one of the key steps of his reform of the country’s oil and gas sector.

The NNPC is considered a cesspoolof corruption and fraud sign posted by the non-remission of revenues from oil sale to the Federation Account. Hence, one of the first reform moves by All Progressives Congress –led administration is expected to start at the NNPC.

There had been insinuations that Buhari would unbundle the NNPC into four companies but the President, in the Washington interview, said rather than breaking the NNPC into four companies, it would be divided into two – regulator and investment vehicle.While one of the successor companies will be an independent regulator, the President said the second would operate as an investment vehicle for the country.He said,

“I am reforming the oil and gas sector, breaking up the NNPC into two parts – the first willbecome an independent regulator for the sector, while the second will act as an investment vehicle for the country.”

Buhari also said there would be a new bid round for oil blocks in the country, adding that he favours transparent auction process.

“I will also end political control of the awarding of drilling and exploration rights by introducing a system of independent, transparent auctioning for licences,” the President said.

Senate President Bukola Saraki had, recently, described the NNPC as the engine room of corruption. He lamented that none of the perpetrators of illegal deals in the corporation had so far been apprehended and brought to justice.

“You hardly see where people who are the real engine room – which is the NNPC – where most of thesecorruption cases on oil are, being put on trial,” he said.

Similarly, Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, had last week called for the setting up of another national oil firm as he argued that the present NNPC would kill Nigeria if it was allowed to continue running.“If you don’t kill the NNPC, it will kill Nigeria,” el-Rufai said.

Buhari, as part of the ongoing reform of several strata of the country, said his administration would merge the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission and the Independent Corrupt Practicesand other Related Offences Commission into one strong and more effective anti-graft agency.He said,

“Corruption is one of the top three issues facing Nigeria, along with insecurity and unemployment. We must act to kill corruption or corruption will kill Nigeria. I am determined to lead that fight.“My government is already taking several steps to cut out the cancer of corruption that has been eating away at the state for so long.“We are reorganising the existing plethora of anti-corruption bodies into single powerful agency that will have the focus, power and budget to clamp down on corruption at the federal and statelevels.”

The President said ministers would no longer have power to award contracts while announcing the introduction of a new system of plea bargaining to encourage looters of the government money and oil thieves to return the people’s stolen commonwealth.He said,

“I have already acted to remove political control over awarding of contracts away from ministers who use them to get political favours and kickbacks.“I will introduce a new system of plea bargain, that will allow those who have stolen assets and funds to return them – but if they do nottake that opportunity we will pursue them through the courts.”

Buhari insisted that his administration would not relent in asking foreign countries, including the US, to help in returning stolen funds that are sitting in private accounts abroad, but rightfully belonging to the people of Nigeria.The President lamented that the country had become over-dependent on oil because of the incompetence and corruption of government that concentrated on “how best to steal oil revenues instead of how best to use our oil windfalls to invest in a modern, growing economy.”

Rather than continue to depend on oil, Buhari said Nigeria must become a manufacturing giant.

“I will not be satisfied until the label ‘Made in Nigeria’ is as common globally, as the label ‘Made in China,’” he added.

(What an awesome news to wake up to this morning. More jobs and more transparency. Time to separate the goats from the sheep. I know a lot of people are already shaking and wetting their pants. Thumbs up Mr. President.)

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-to-split-nnpc-into-two-plans-fresh-bid-round-for-oil-blocks/

so na wetin u bin really wan come do abi mr illiterate, to come award oil blocs?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

$16bn Power Projects: Why Buhari Should Not Probe Obasanjo – Shehu Sani / Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal In Proxy War Over PDP Ticket / Buhari Has Betrayed Youths By Assembling Analogue Ministers – LP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.