Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting (27674 Views)

Death Of Tompolo’s Father Threatens Ceasefire In Niger Delta / Crack In Militants Camp Widens / Photos Of Tompolo's Shrine And House In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting by atlwireles: 2:05pm On Jul 25, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

The Government doesn't understand the system of government used in the creeks.

There is no one strong man to talk to rather a caucus comprising the leaderships of the Freedom Fighters.

** Since Bokoharam is now called Militants, it's better to called the Niger Delta agitators "freedom fighters"

Tompolo had a mission to accomplish, it was easily done with the announcement of the meeting. The papers can write whatever they want, the next move is on Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 25, 2015
you are banned grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
holysina:

hmmm

na waooo

mchew
Re: Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting by sunkoye: 2:20pm On Jul 25, 2015
LKO:

Guy, if u meant SS and SE, kindly remove d SS. The people of SS are peace loving and good Nigerians. Since after d election, dey have been sincerely hoping and praying for d govt of Buhari. It is only d SE that has been crying wolf when there is none. The SE are wise, they are instigating d SS militants to call for war, thereby turning d SS to a war zone while their own land remain peaceful and intact. This is wickedness and evil.

I m Urhobo and lives in Warri(d base of Tompolo) and I can authoritatively tell u dat my Ijaw neighbours are not happy with GEJ. GEJ failed and there is nothing to show for his over five year destruction. GEJ only succeeded in turning few militants like Tompolo, Asari etc E K Clark and his Igbo ass lickers to billionnaires. How does this affect d lives of d average Niger Deltans. Jonathan indeed took imputinity to a new high level in Nigeria.

Tompolo is a noise maker and can do nothing. The reign of Jonathan made Tompolo a multi billionnaire. Tompolo would not be so naïve to loose his investments in a twinkle of an eye by going to d creeks to cause trouble. Take his threat with a pinch of d salt and ignore him.
nice one bros.

2 Likes

Re: Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting by Tripleclick(m): 2:26pm On Jul 25, 2015
LKO:

Guy, if u meant SS and SE, kindly remove d SS. The people of SS are peace loving and good Nigerians. Since after d election, dey have been sincerely hoping and praying for d govt of Buhari. It is only d SE that has been crying wolf when there is none. The SE are wise, they are instigating d SS militants to call for war, thereby turning d SS to a war zone while their own land remain peaceful and intact. This is wickedness and evil.

I m Urhobo and lives in Warri(d base of Tompolo) and I can authoritatively tell u dat my Ijaw neighbours are not happy with GEJ. GEJ failed and there is nothing to show for his over five year destruction. GEJ only succeeded in turning few militants like Tompolo, Asari etc E K Clark and his Igbo ass lickers to billionnaires. How does this affect d lives of d average Niger Deltans. Jonathan indeed took imputinity to a new high level in Nigeria.

Tompolo is a noise maker and can do nothing. The reign of Jonathan made Tompolo a multi billionnaire. Tompolo would not be so naïve to loose his investments in a twinkle of an eye by going to d creeks to cause trouble. Take his threat with a pinch of d salt and ignore him.
foool, stop calling SE in every stupidity of your tribe, igbo this, igbo that,, have any igbo man said anything about the militants? By time buhari is done with your voicless and unregisterd tribe,, y wont hv mouth to call the igbos, for your info,, igbo will alwys be beta dn ur tribe becus of dia outspoken,.

1 Like

Re: Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 25, 2015
UnknownT:
I saw Farah's name there, he is now a House of Assembly member. Hon. Farah Dagogo no more militant Farah Dagogo.
For me, I will say let's maintain status quo. Let government not attack militants in the guise of hunting bunkerers and let the militants not try blowing up any oil installation. Let peace reign in the Delta, so we will know its only in the NorthEast we have problems.
I am an advocate of peace but what happen the northern aren't suing for peace?
Re: Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting by LKO(m): 2:40pm On Jul 25, 2015
Tripleclick:
foool, stop calling SE in every stupidity of your tribe, igbo this, igbo that,, have any igbo man said anything about the militants? By time buhari is done with your voicless and unregisterd tribe,, y wont hv mouth to call the igbos, for your info,, igbo will alwys be beta dn ur tribe becus of dia outspoken,.

The product of a few minutes fun with a hustler in a brothel.

1 Like

Re: Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting by Tripleclick(m): 2:41pm On Jul 25, 2015
If any idiot in nairaland ddnt call igbos in his comment, his comment is nt yet meaninful,, every tribe shud take his time , and leave us alone..... We have been built to behave diffrently from all d tribes...

3 Likes

Re: Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting by Tripleclick(m): 2:43pm On Jul 25, 2015
LKO:

The product of a few minutes fun with a hustler in a brothel.
Yess,, with much talent and with blood of that husler,, not your lazy , awkward and backward tribe

1 Like

Re: Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting by morbeta(m): 2:49pm On Jul 25, 2015
ola6:
ROMFL!!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin

This Tompolo and Asari are only after their pocket not the peace and development of the Niger Delta. The Igbos are waiting for someone to fight their wars for them. This their Biafra cry is only because they feel they will be marginalised. I hope they are not though.

This life sha! POWER IS SO TRANSIENT!!! The Yorubas were marginalized and insulted by GEJ, Northerners were insulted day and night and Igbos filled all the positions (by the way, to the Igbos these positions were merited). Now the reverse is happening, Igbos now want Biafra and want the SS to help them achieve it by instigating the SS, turning it into a war zone while their SE remains intact.

I VOTED FOR GEJ but in life just because you don't have your way, it does not mean every other person must not have their way. All is fair. GEJ SHOULD HAVE USED HIS OPPORTUNITY BETTER!

As for TINUBU-OLE, your end is soon!

There is a saying that goes thus; "if the word that you are about to say is not as beautiful as silence, DO NOT SAY IT"

1 Like

Re: Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting by eneidoko(f): 2:52pm On Jul 25, 2015
Scrap those unearned allowances or pay all unemployed Nigerians the same allowance too.

1 Like

Re: Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting by fashiajones(m): 2:57pm On Jul 25, 2015
omo this dere name nawa o...general watever, goc lolzzzs. shey me no go give myself admiral jones
Re: Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting by fashiajones(m): 2:58pm On Jul 25, 2015
omo this dere name nawa o...general dis general dat, d general way dey ss pass naija military, goc lolzzzs.
shey me no go give myself admiral jones

1 Like

Re: Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 25, 2015
Lolz
anonym0us:
Op u for tell us say na ur research topic be this......(term paper)

WOW today is my first time of making FTC since I joined nairaland..... I need. 500 likes for nothing
Re: Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 25, 2015
grin grin grin
Christianwalase:
As i dey read this long epistle, i come fall asleep
Re: Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting by fulanimafia: 3:12pm On Jul 25, 2015
M0GIDI:
The first thing I rushed to check was which newspaper reported this shiit, Tinubu's TheNation never cease to amuse.

Chai grin
Re: Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting by Pierocash(m): 3:19pm On Jul 25, 2015
mryoungdon:
Security concern sparked by opposition from several stakeholders yesterday forced the cancellation of a meeting of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) called for today in Yenagoa,Bayelsa State,by former creek warlord, Government Ekpemupolo popularly known as Tompolo.

Governor Seriake Dickson, in a terse statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Daniel Iworsio-Markson, yesterday, asked Tompolo to shelve the gathering.

This came against the backdrop of threats of boycott by the e-militants like Victor Ben Ebikabowei, popularly known as Boyloaf,Africa, Pastor Reuben, Shoot-at-Sight, Ogunboss, Ateke Tom, Farrah and many other former ‘generals’, and ‘commanders’.

Spokesman for MEND ,Jomo Gbomo, said the group would have nothing to do with Tompolo or any “assembly of dubious contractors and disgruntled elements.”

Tompolo , in a last minute effort to rally support for the now doomed meeting ,it was aimed at deepening the prevailing peace in the Niger Delta.

The governor, however, proposed an alternative forum for the ex-militant leaders at a later date.

He promised to meet with them personally to discuss issues affecting them and other matters of overall strategic interest of the region and the country.

He called for their understanding and cooperation.

Signs that all was not well in the ex-militants’ camp emerged early yesterday after reports from the camps of Boyloaf and others suggested resistance to what they perceived as an attempt by Tompolo to lord it over the rest of them.

Sources close to them said they had agreed to stay away from Tompolo’s gathering but would attend any other meeting to be called by the governor.

Most of them were reportedly angry with Tompolo for summoning the meeting without adequate consultations.

They were said to be unhappy that the former militant commander fondly referred to as the “General Officer Commanding (GOC)” was trying to impose himself on them as leader whereas “they are all equals”.

They are also said to be of the view that it is too early to begin to assess President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration and his plans for the region.

A source close to Boyloaf said: “Boyloaf will not attend the meeting. He has also called on security agencies to be at alert to avert any breakdown of law and order. Apart from him, many other notable ex-militant leaders will not be there.

“It is expected that Africa, Pastor Reuben, Shoot-at-Sight, Ogunboss, Ateke Tom, Farrah and many other former ‘generals’, and ‘commanders’ will boycott the event”.

MEND, in an online statement by its Spokesman, Jomo Gbomo, dissociated itself from Tompolo and his meeting.

It said the gathering was to react on behalf of oil thieves and corrupt officials of the past administration of Goodluck Jonathan.

It affirmed its support for President Muhammadu Buhari and “ his government’s courage to probe the administration of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, which should also include the office of the former President, the ex-First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, and the Niger Delta Amnesty Programme.”

MEND also restated its commitment to the Niger Delta struggle, which it said had no relationship with seeking political appointments, power or contracts.

The Nation gathered that had already been placed on alert to monitor the activities of the ex-militant leaders.

A top military officer said security agencies would not tolerate the use of gatherings to beach the peace in the region.

“We are monitoring the activities of the ex-militant leaders who have scheduled a meeting in Yenagoa. We are to going to allow anybody under any guise to breach the peace in the region. For us, these people have embraced amnesty and will be made to account for any untoward action”, he said.

Shortly before the meeting was called off yesterday,Tompolo issued a statement in Warri to allay fears that it was s meant to restart war in the region.

He said contrary to the perception in some quarters, the meeting was aimed at deepening the prevailing peace in the area.

He described fears over the meeting as diversionary.

His words: “The tension generated by the meeting is uncalled for, diversionary and mischievous as no evil is intended in whatever form.

“Calling off today’s meeting can also be an option if need be, in order to strengthen our belief in a peaceful Niger Delta.

“I am compelled to clarify issues as they relate to the meeting of the leadership of ex-agitators under the platform of MEND and other organisations summoned at my instance.

“The nation would recall that in the build up to the Amnesty offer of the late president, Alhaji Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, there was hesitance on the part of most of Niger Delta agitators until God in His infinite mercy, granted me wisdom to provide leadership.

“The nation will also recall that under the Amnesty programme as inherited by the immediate past president, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, relative peace was enjoyed even as security of lives and property was enhanced to an appreciable level.

“Also, oil production increased from 700,000 barrels per day to 2.5million barrels per day. Put simply, hitherto aggrieved Niger-Delta youths who inadvertently became agi tators, upon the acceptance of the Amnesty offer, refrained from armed agitation to face normal urban life.”

He said the meeting was to douse tension generated by delay in the payment of the monthly stipend to former militants and their foot soldiers by the Federal Government.

He said:”While some of us understand to an extent, the apparent delay in the continued payment of the monthly stipend to the ex-agitators in view of the seeming scrutiny of government agencies, including the Amnesty Office by the current administration, same cannot be said of the majority of beneficiaries of the Amnesty programme.

“To this extent, some of us, particularly myself and other leaders have been under intense pressure from ex-agitators commanders, individuals, parents and guardians as well as communities who are beneficiaries of the Amnesty programme.

“While a few see the delay in the payment of their monthly stipends in the light of the need for the current government to settle in properly, others see the delay as a template to stop the programme. The expulsion of some students (home and overseas) by their schools and training institutions particularly has heightened these fears.

“Hence, I thought it wise that a meeting of the collegiate leadership of the platform under which we operated as agitators could be convened to appraise the situation and possibly, explore means to douse the tension that is growing among the disarmed youths whose stipends (training allowances and tuition fees) have been delayed for months.

“This becomes more compelling in view of the fact that as leaders of the platform that served as midwife to the Amnesty offer, we owe the nation a duty to play our roles in order to stem a relapse of the relative peace in the Niger Delta Region.”

source:http://thenationonlineng.net/crack-in-militants-camp-forces-cancellation-of-tompolos-meeting/
they are afraid of PMB cos of what they saw in akwa ibom and calabar by d military.
I dare them to regroup, PMB no be d clueless drunkard.I think say dem no dey fear

1 Like

Re: Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 25, 2015
9ja dey kampe

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did
Re: Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting by Mentcee(m): 3:59pm On Jul 25, 2015
ola6:
ROMFL!!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin

This Tompolo and Asari are only after their pocket not the peace and development of the Niger Delta. The Igbos are waiting for someone to fight their wars for them. This their Biafra cry is only because they feel they will be marginalised. I hope they are not though.

This life sha! POWER IS SO TRANSIENT!!! The Yorubas were marginalized and insulted by GEJ, Northerners were insulted day and night and Igbos filled all the positions (by the way, to the Igbos these positions were merited). Now the reverse is happening, Igbos now want Biafra and want the SS to help them achieve it by instigating the SS, turning it into a war zone while their SE remains intact.

I VOTED FOR GEJ but in life just because you don't have your way, it does not mean every other person must not have their way. All is fair. GEJ SHOULD HAVE USED HIS OPPORTUNITY BETTER!

As for TINUBU-OLE, your end is soon!
Re: Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting by gykes(m): 4:00pm On Jul 25, 2015
Kenobus:
what is too early? Gmb has nothing to show, he is only putting Hausas everywhere

The question is, can the "hausas" he's putting get the job done and make Nigeria a better place for you and your generations to come? Time will tell.....

It's high time we killed the tribal hate, ethnic distrust and regional sentiments and work with whoever is there be it "hausas" for the sole purpose of making Nigeria habitable for us all!

And Yes, I'm Nigerian, I'm Niger-Deltan, I'm a Rivers man, a full-blooded Port Harcourt son... Wike and Amaechi are my brothers and Buhari remains my President! Long live Federal Republic of Nigeria!!! Ikwerre anu meka o!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 25, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

And you failed to notice the agenda for the meeting that was clearly stated in the article.

I presume President Buhari through Governor Dickson sent Tompolo to convene the meeting.
The best way to defeat insurgency is to infiltrate them
Re: Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting by donem: 4:13pm On Jul 25, 2015
4bobo:
may be Jonathan favored tompolo more than the others and they are aggrieved.
Not mayb he did, am from the Delta so can attest to that.
Re: Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2015
Obiagelli:

The best way to defeat insurgency is to infiltrate them

You said insurgency?

We are talking about Freedom fighters demanding substantial compensation in what is actually theirs.

The Niger Delta "militants" are not unlawful nor illegitimate agitators

Infiltrating them costs more to bring peace
Re: Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 25, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

You said insurgency?

We are talking about Freedom fighters demanding substantial compensation in what is actually theirs.

The Niger Delta "militants" are not unlawful nor illegitimate agitators
carrying arms, sabotage, kidnapping ain't legal to me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting by donem: 4:21pm On Jul 25, 2015
LKO:

Egbon mi u spoke well.
Re: Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 4:23pm On Jul 25, 2015
Obiagelli:

carrying arms, sabotage, kidnapping ain't legal to me

Invading their territory, polluting the source of livelihood and exposing their lives to diseases is legal.

Please tell me another story

2 Likes

Re: Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 25, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Invading their territory, polluting the source of livelihood and exposing their lives to diseases is legal.

Please tell me another story
Whose territory are we talking about here, Nigeria's
Re: Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 4:30pm On Jul 25, 2015
Obiagelli:

Whose territory are we talking about here, Nigeria's

Niger Delta territory.

My Baptismal Certificate bears Dioceses of Niger Delta not Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 25, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Niger Delta territory.

My Baptismal Certificate bears Dioceses of Niger Delta not Nigeria.
Not what the UN says

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Revealed: Real Reasons Buhari Chose His SGF, COS - Nigerian Tribune / Fayose To Inaugurate EGEM, Ekiti Grazing Enforcement Marshalls Against Fulani / What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.