Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Screw-ups you Expect In Nigeria But You Got Abroad - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Screw-ups you Expect In Nigeria But You Got Abroad (1043 Views)

Travelling To Accra, Ghana : What Should I Expect. / What Do I Expect? / UPS Shipment Taking Ages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Screw-ups you Expect In Nigeria But You Got Abroad by LewsTherin: 11:54am On Jul 25, 2015
There are many issues and screw-ups we experience while travelling in Nigeria and we say "I don't blame you. I blame the people running this country". Or "if I was in Europe, this kind of thing can never happen".

But have stuff like that happened to you outside Nigeria by non-nigerians? By Europeans or Americans? Share.

I'll start.

I was on a connecting flight from Istanbul to Tel Aviv and I was flying with Turkish Airlines. I must admit, they have lovely planes. In flight entertainment and food is great. At the airport in Istanbul, I need to take a leak. Maaan, if you see the toilets there that day! Flooded floors, muddy flooded floors. The toilets had a very very bad smell. I walked in and took off! Tried another and same thing!! I mean I expect to see bad toilets at MMIA in Lagos and I'm always pleased when I don't. But this one was just terrible!!! Meeen, I hold my piss grin grin

I decided to use the toilet on the plane. So we boarded and I went to the toilet after holding my full bladder for about 2 hours. I tried to use the toilet and the flight attendant said it was closed until airborne. I thought "ok. At least 30 minutes max". What didn't kill me in 2 hours won't kill me in 2hrs 30mins. We took off about 30 mins later and then it happened.

If you see turbulence! The plane was shaking like no man's business. Pilot then anounced that due to turbulence, every one should remain seated with seat belts on. Ol' boy, after almoat 30 mins of seating and my bladder moving into the region of my ears ehn? The way I was praying, you would think the plane wanted to crash!! Just when I was about to jump up and kick the toilet door down, turbulence or no turbulence, the seat belt lights went off. If you see the way I charged into the toilet you would think I was purging.

If it was Arik that did this to me, I would have said it's not their fault. After all, Nigerians don't care about you once they take your money. But this was abroad.

Anyone else go through stuff like this?

1 Like

Re: Screw-ups you Expect In Nigeria But You Got Abroad by ken1982: 6:41pm On Jul 25, 2015
LewsTherin:
There are many issues and screw-ups we experience while travelling in Nigeria and we say "I don't blame you. I blame the people running this country". Or "if I was in Europe, this kind of thing can never happen".

But have stuff like that happened to you outside Nigeria by non-nigerians? By Europeans or Americans? Share.

I'll start.

I was on a connecting flight from Istanbul to Tel Aviv and I was flying with Turkish Airlines. I must admit, they have lovely planes. In flight entertainment and food is great. At the airport in Istanbul, I need to take a leak. Maaan, if you see the toilets there that day! Flooded floors, muddy flooded floors. The toilets had a very very bad smell. I walked in and took off! Tried another and same thing!! I mean I expect to see bad toilets at MMIA in Lagos and I'm always pleased when I don't. But this one was just terrible!!! Meeen, I hold my piss grin grin

I decided to use the toilet on the plane. So we boarded and I went to the toilet after holding my full bladder for about 2 hours. I tried to use the toilet and the flight attendant said it was closed until airborne. I thought "ok. At least 30 minutes max". What didn't kill me in 2 hours won't kill me in 2hrs 30mins. We took off about 30 mins later and then it happened.

If you see turbulence! The plane was shaking like no man's business. Pilot then anounced that due to turbulence, every one should remain seated with seat belts on. Ol' boy, after almoat 30 mins of seating and my bladder moving into the region of my ears ehn? The way I was praying, you would think the plane wanted to crash!! Just when I was about to jump up and kick the toilet door down, turbulence or no turbulence, the seat belt lights went off. If you see the way I charged into the toilet you would think I was purging.

If it was Arik that did this to me, I would have said it's not their fault. After all, Nigerians don't care about you once they take your money. But this was abroad.

Anyone else go through stuff like this?
Re: Screw-ups you Expect In Nigeria But You Got Abroad by LewsTherin: 1:13pm On Aug 09, 2015
Anyone else?

(1) (Reply)

Artist Designs Passport Holders That Inspire You To Travel / SAD NEWS: Terrible Accident On Akure Highway, Vehicles And Human Being Burnt / Nigerians In Sudan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.