Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

My Experience At The WAEC Office In Asaba - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Experience At The WAEC Office In Asaba (2425 Views)

Ongoing Protest In Jamb Office In Asaba (live Pictures) / Lecturer Caught Pants Down With Married Woman In Asaba Hotel / Where Is Waec Office Located In Ikorodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At The WAEC Office In Asaba by Blonchilli(m): 12:41pm On Jul 25, 2015
Last monday, I went to the waec office Asaba to collect my gce certificate after I was told by one of my school teacher back in secondary school to bring up to 20k for it plus transport, the sad thing is he's a family friend. I got there on Monday and found out I just needed 3k for everything shocked. Went home, took the money and then went back to d waec office. Was told it was late and had to return d next day to pick it. I noticed there were staring @ me and it got me uncomfortable so I quickly left. The following day, a lot of ppl were there and what baffled me was dat a lot of ppl were paying over 5hundred to get a letter written for them shocked. What really caught my attention was a well dressed lady who struggled to write her address and the heading of the letter. When asked she said she was a graduate and came to take her cert for clearance,she ended up paying a guy to write her letter. . The affidavit dat was given was only 2hundred yet dy took 1k for it. Inside the building u would c so called Nigerian graduate who didn't know how to write a formal letter and would pay up to 3k just so dat everything would be done plus d additional 3k. Yet we complain dat der is no job wen we ve unemployable youths/graduates and bribery has sink into the educational system and work place. I left d place with confidence for myself but with pity and disdain for the kind of graduates Nigeria boast to have.
[right][/right]
Re: My Experience At The WAEC Office In Asaba by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 25, 2015
Well, that's the case in Nigeria as many derive pleasure in bending protocols and cutting corners to get whatever they desire.

OP, did u also write a letter? If u actually did and u wrote in this manner, leaving WAEC office with a sense of confidence, then, the education system need utter re branding and urgent rehabilitation. SMD
Re: My Experience At The WAEC Office In Asaba by Blonchilli(m): 1:02pm On Jul 25, 2015
LARRYDKING:
Well, that's the case in Nigeria as many derive pleasure in bending protocols and cutting corners to get whatever they desire.

OP, did u also write a letter? If u actually did and u wrote in this manner, leaving WAEC office with a sense of confidence, then, the education system need utter re branding and urgent rehabilitation. SMD
. I wrote mine myself. If one spent over four years in an academic institution and can't even construct a formal letter then I believe dat person is a total waste of academic resources.
Re: My Experience At The WAEC Office In Asaba by GP2015(m): 1:33pm On Jul 25, 2015
My mum once told me something that happened in her office. A very pretty lady was asked to write "Original copy collected by me"on her file and guess what she wrote

"Oregene coupe be me" omo na French be that o cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The WAEC Office In Asaba by Blonchilli(m): 3:23pm On Jul 25, 2015
GP2015:
My mum once told me something that happened in her office. A very pretty lady was asked to write "Original copy collected by me"on her file and guess what she wrote

"Oregene coupe be me" omo na French be that o cheesy
lol. I ve met one who couldn't spell Adams Oshiomole correctly anf anoda who couldn't sign his signature twice. I wonder wat dy do in school
Re: My Experience At The WAEC Office In Asaba by Ugobravo1: 8:58pm On Mar 04, 2017
Please how do I get contact of someone is weac office in Asaba or Benin. My number 07031991843. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Funaab School Fees For Freshers And Returning Students (2017/2018) / 12 Months Intensive Arabic Scholarship / See The 2019 Jamb Result Trending Online - Real Or Fake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.