Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland (2949 Views)

PMB: I Will Never Forgive Those Two Big Thieves Obasanjo And Jonathan / I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi / PMB-I Will Appoint Ministers In September – Its 5 days to the End of Sept (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 25, 2015
The Fears/Wailing Of A Supporter

[b]Many of my friends and comrades with whom I tirelessly worked to elect President Muhammadu Buhari will condemn, castigate and pillory me for what I am about to write on Muhammadu Buhari, the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Please give it to me, I can take it.

President Buhari declared in Washington, DC during a question and answer session that he would not treat the constituencies that gave him 97% of their votes the same way he would treat those ones that gave him 5% of their votes because, according to him, it would be unfair! I couldn't believe this was a man I spent my money and time to elect into office. It is a monumental betrayal of trust and confidence. This asinine declaration reflects the torrid state of mind and abject performance of our president.
First, it shows that our president is not lucid enough and mentally capable to steer the ship of the nation because he didn't understand the question that was asked of him. The president asked the program moderator the meaning and clarification of the question! Nevertheless, my president still humiliated the nation with his response. This was a colossal demonstration of poor performance. Secondly, the response elucidates the thought process and the inner workings of the mind of the president, and it portrays him as a very regional and ethnocentric leader. This guy has just given the secessionists and agent provocateur a legitimate reasons for their agitation. He has also explained the reason and justified why over 90% of his recent appointments are of Hausa/Fulani stock.

It is, therefore, excruciatingly painful for me to declare here, without mincing words that, the man, Muhammadu Buhari, is certainly not the right man to take Nigeria to the promised land. All patriotic citizens and lovers of democracy should go back to the drawing board with the view to identifying the right man to lead the nation in 2019. Muhammadu Buhari is certainly a man of the last century and should be consigned to history. Frugality, prudent management of the treasury and war against corruption are certainly not all that it takes to create and birth a nation of our dream. The creation of a better Nigeria where every segment and constituent is treated equally and non-discriminatorily requires more than chicanery of war against corruption. I expect and desire a leader who sees the whole nation as his constituency regardless of whether one state or the other voted for him or not. A leader and a president that actually does more for the states or regions that refuse to vote for him. A president that works assiduously to turn a political enemy into a political friend and ally. Nigeria, as a whole, needs and deserves a leader and a president that emphasizes what unites us but undermines what divides us and acts and does everything to unite the country. A president that treats an Igbo boy as well as he treats a Fulani boy. This is my hope and dream for my fatherland.[/b]

~ Bayo Badmus

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by Wanice: 5:30pm On Jul 25, 2015
hmmmm you nailed it bt I still believe buhari will do smetin meaningful and to all d Apc e rats u guys need to step up your game and stop deceiving nigerians, u dnt expect to always win with propaganda. Tell d old man thats is time to start delivering the dividends of democracy to nigerians.

1 Like

Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by Mynd44: 5:30pm On Jul 25, 2015
I find those who say they are disappointed by politicians funny. For goodness sakes, these people are politicians so stop trying to make them look like your pastor or the pope.

A politician will be a politician, what you do during elections is to vote the lesser evil and hope he scores at least 60%.

7 Likes

Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
undecided
undecided
undecided
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by arbass(m): 5:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
Ok good write up. Start warming up for 2019 then...
Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by Willswise(m): 5:33pm On Jul 25, 2015
Shortly
Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by jmoore(m): 5:42pm On Jul 25, 2015
Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

The apc fanatics can't see anything wrong with his statement because they have been programmed to recite 'wailing wailers'.
President Buhari these states gave you less votes >>>Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwaibom and Crossrivers. You will give them less attention but will still collect oil revenue from them?

This man should be careful with his plans, or he will take us back to the stone age.

As a patriotic Nigerian I say this prayer "President Buhari, receive wisdom in the name of Jesus, Amen. And any evil agenda you have planned or you are planning will be crushed in Jesus name, Amen!!!"

One Nigeria!!!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by Utchgirl(f): 5:44pm On Jul 25, 2015
Indeed, PMB is partial. His partiality is now crystal clear. I wonder wht he meant then by saying '' I belong 2 everybody and i belong 2 nobody''. This statement is somehw ironical now.
All tins being equal, politicians r nt 2 taken by dia words. They can lie more dan d lawyers. Usaually dey dnt fulfil dia promises. PMB Marginalises some zones and give people 4rm his zone appointments. And yet he said he is 4 everybody.

'' Change chanters '' ova 2 u guys.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 25, 2015
Mynd44:
I find those who say they are disappointed by politicians funny. For goodness sakes, these people are politicians so stop trying to make them look like your pastor or the pope.

A politician will be a politician, what you do during elections is to vote the lesser evil and hope he scores at least 60%.

Chairman, I'm not buying the above.

Agreed Bubu is a politician. ..but he's not just another politician in Nigeria...He's the President of the nation. His words do matter to a very large extent. People pay more attention to his words than they to yours or mine. He occupied the highest office in the land as such must be smart, tactful and wise with his words.

Well, I wasn't particularly shocked at his words. Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. He simply and spontaneously voiced what's on the inner man.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by okosodo: 5:53pm On Jul 25, 2015
onechance.com

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by Mynd44: 5:54pm On Jul 25, 2015
dearpreye:

Chairman, I'm not buying the above.

Agreed Bubu is a politician. ..but he's not just another politician in Nigeria...He's the President of the nation. His words do matter to a very large extent. People pay more attention to his words than they to yours or mine. He occupied the highest office in the land as such must be smart, tactful and wise with his words.

Well, I wasn't particularly shocked at his words. Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. He simply and spontaneously voiced what's on the inner man.
Well I guess it is out of the abundance of GEJ'S heart he said he does not give a damn about declaration of assets. Or that Stealing is not corruption. Does that mean GEJ was just about stealing and stealing?

As I said, all politicians (from Obama to Hitler) are what they are and what can be expected of them is that they should be slightly better than the other guy.

Expecting every speech a politician makes to be correct and devoid of talking point is implausible

6 Likes

Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by CyberWolf: 5:56pm On Jul 25, 2015
They should spare us all this had I known hogwash angry ...When we are screaming it here day and night that these guys are hatching northern agenda to further hold the country to ransom, you are guys were busy screaming change change change like a young girl possessed by marine spirit sad ... The same north that wrecked the country throughout the military regime..They are back to putting finishing touches to what they started..All thanks to some slaves from SW. If you are from southern Nigeria seeking FG job, just forget it because you are wasting your limited time. angry

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by CyberWolf: 5:59pm On Jul 25, 2015
Mynd44:

Well I guess it is out of the abundance of GEJ'S heart he said he does not give a damn about declaration of assets. Or that Stealing is not corruption. Does that mean GEJ was just about stealing and stealing?

As I said, all politicians (from Obama to Hitler) are what they are and what can be expected of them is that they should be slightly better than the other guy.

Expecting every speech a politician makes to be correct and devoid of talking point is implausible
you are biased. Are you not one of the people calling GEJ a tribalist president just few months ago?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by atlwireles: 6:01pm On Jul 25, 2015
Bayo Badmus should hang himself by the roadside. Buhari said nothing new, only his dishonest almajiri slaves want to pretend otherwise. angry angry. Please chant your sai to your dullard from daura, you people have not seen anything yet.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 25, 2015
CyberWolf:
you are biased. Are you not one of the people calling GEJ a tribalist president just few months ago?

Clearly. And that was why I didn't reply him any further!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by Mynd44: 6:06pm On Jul 25, 2015
CyberWolf:
You might want to dig out that post sir. I know what I said about President Jonathan and top on the list is that Nigerians feel he is a failure and with reasonable evidence to back up that belief.

I did say he(and by extension his campaign group) was playing ethno-religious politics by trying to divide Nigerians along the line of religion and tribe. Example is Vice President Sambo saying Vice President Osinbajo has 300 churches and was trying to Christianize Nigeria.
Another example is Patience Jonathan's saying the people in Northern Nigeria abandon their babies.

Another is Fayose saying that the North should wait until 2019 when the constitution in Nigeria has it clear that anyone can aspire and contest at any time.
Then there was people like AyeDee and Ohimai (who was a government employee) trending nonsense like #ISISBuhari on Twitter

5 Likes

Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by nerodenero: 6:08pm On Jul 25, 2015
I was thinking PMB is a leader and not a polithiefcian. My definition of polithiefcian is one that never says what he means and never means what he says. With this statement by PMB,
President Buhari declared in Washington, DC during a question and answer session that he would not treat the constituencies that gave him 97% of their votes the same way he would treat those ones that gave him 5% of their votes because, according to him, it would be unfair!
It shows he has joined the leagues of polithiefcian who says one thing now and does another the next second.

Again, how do we relate I belong to everybody and nobody with this new submission?

Inasmuch as I believe PMB can bring the needed change we clamour, there is need for him to be mindful of his comments. This comment is not befitting to have come from a President.

1 Like

Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by Realist2: 6:08pm On Jul 25, 2015
But we warned you guys, but ya insist he is a '' Reformed Democrat '', when we all know that a bigot is a bigot anyday anytime, when Lia mohammed was lying straight into your eyes, we saw it, but you never listen to us.
Buhari is like a Leopard that can never change his skin, even though Femi Adesina told us that '' his like an old wine that get better on daily basis'' ,when we know old wine get sourer as its advances.
He can only be painted but not transform.

8 Likes

Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by cheruv: 6:11pm On Jul 25, 2015
Nigeria is in for a ride angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by CyberWolf: 6:14pm On Jul 25, 2015
Mynd44:

You might want to dig out that post sir. I know what I said about President Jonathan and top on the list is that Nigerians feel he is a failure and with reasonable evidence to back up that belief.

I did say he(and by extension his campaign group) was playing ethno-religious politics by trying to divide Nigerians along the line of religion and tribe. Example is Vice President Sambo saying Vice President Osinbajo has 300 churches and was trying to Christianize Nigeria.
Another example is Patience Jonathan's saying the people in Northern Nigeria abandon their babies.

Another is Fayose saying that the North should wait until 2019 when the constitution in Nigeria has it clear that anyone can aspire and contest at any time.
Then there was people like AyeDee and Ohimai (who was a government employee) trending nonsense like #ISISBuhari on Twitter
hogwash ...Are you not mynd44 the former mod? Tell me something grin I don't have time to start digging into your posts...Other members here can bear me witness regarding your antecedents..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 25, 2015
cheruv:
Nigeria is in for a ride angry

And it's going to be one long and rough one.

1 Like

Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by Greenarrow01(m): 6:16pm On Jul 25, 2015
Mynd44:

GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS POST. THE SAME WAY S.E AND SS VOTED FOR GEJ MASSIVELY because HE IS THEIR SON

4 Likes

Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by XKZ(m): 6:20pm On Jul 25, 2015
By now it should be obvious the "belong to nobody and belonging to everybody" bit were the words of his speech writer.
The "97% vs 5%" statement represent his true state of mind. Unrehearsed. Unscripted.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by CyberWolf: 6:22pm On Jul 25, 2015
dearpreye:

Clearly. And that was why I didn't reply him any further!
All this APC zombies are synonymous with lies and hypocrisy angry

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 25, 2015
XKZ:
By now it should be obvious the "belong to nobody and belonging to everybody" bit were the words of his speech writer.
The "97% vs 5%" statement represent his true state of mind. Unrehearsed. Unscripted.

That's the way it now seems. The former was just a perfunctory statement. The latter was natural and spontaneous. Unrehearsed. Unscripted!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by atlwireles: 6:23pm On Jul 25, 2015
CyberWolf:

1 Like

Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 25, 2015
CyberWolf:

And there's not even the slightest vestige of remorse, truth and soberness. Their paymaster goofed big time and they're here trying to confuse themselves.

1 Like

Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by brownlord: 6:26pm On Jul 25, 2015
Mynd44:

Buhari suddenly become a politician? Thought some goons told us he is the messiah and not a politician.

Anyway

PMB till 2023!.

4 Likes

Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by coolestrogue(m): 6:26pm On Jul 25, 2015
The problem with our politicians is that, most times they talk before thinking. PMB is not an exception to that rule. He talks before thinking.
Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by somoyesoji(m): 6:27pm On Jul 25, 2015
Mr Bayo I think you hypocritical here that a man refuse to lie or act like a normal politician does not make him a bad man. Truly he should have tactically prevent the question but we all know if you don't give the vote you shouldn't expect the goodies. It was the same blunder GEJ made that saw him being voted out. He forgot the yorubas that gave him the vote and was trying to please the north. We all knew what that caused him now. It will always be a politic blunder. Let them come and meet you, you don't beg them. As long as the north and west are happy the east and ijaws just have to switch to APC. That is the political fact. He said everything everybody deserves constitutional will be giving to them just that those special preferences may not be there. This is politics, he says it like it is even if he lied that will still be the way it will go. Was it not this same Nigeria we in when GEJ paid Ekiti when Fayose took over for Federal roads done by Fayemi and other southwest states was denied same! Even though people of southwest voted for him in 2011. Or do you think it will be political just after 4years of hardship in southwest to have same preference with southeast and southsouth? Zones that were enjoying all the goodies then. How many roads was touched during the last 4years in southwest? While 450billion was spent on eastern zone road by sure P. Do you think if not for election GEJ would had remember Lagos Ibadan road? Guy the guy is not our normal politician he says it as it is. Get use to that. If the southsouth and southeast know what is good for them they should move to APC. You can see what is happening in Bayesal now. Half of the state politicians are already in APC because you stay with the winning team. in the next 2years things will be normal but for now let those that voted for PMB enjoy why they stood in the rain and under the sun to protect their votes for a choice man. Note people just do say hausa and fulani north has 3 zones and they have more ethnic factions than the west. When you talking about apointment you should attach the zone. The same way I do think igbos are also the southsouth until I visited calabar and ph then I understood that they are different.
dearpreye:
The Fears/Wailing Of A Supporter

[b]Many of my friends and comrades with whom I tirelessly worked to elect President Muhammadu Buhari will condemn, castigate and pillory me for what I am about to write on Muhammadu Buhari, the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Please give it to me, I can take it.

President Buhari declared in Washington, DC during a question and answer session that he would not treat the constituencies that gave him 97% of their votes the same way he would treat those ones that gave him 5% of their votes because, according to him, it would be unfair! I couldn't believe this was a man I spent my money and time to elect into office. It is a monumental betrayal of trust and confidence. This asinine declaration reflects the torrid state of mind and abject performance of our president.
First, it shows that our president is not lucid enough and mentally capable to steer the ship of the nation because he didn't understand the question that was asked of him. The president asked the program moderator the meaning and clarification of the question! Nevertheless, my president still humiliated the nation with his response. This was a colossal demonstration of poor performance. Secondly, the response elucidates the thought process and the inner workings of the mind of the president, and it portrays him as a very regional and ethnocentric leader. This guy has just given the secessionists and agent provocateur a legitimate reasons for their agitation. He has also explained the reason and justified why over 90% of his recent appointments are of Hausa/Fulani stock.

~ Bayo Badmus

2 Likes

Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by CyberWolf: 6:30pm On Jul 25, 2015
dearpreye:

And there's not even the slightest vestige of remorse, truth and soberness. Their paymaster goofed big time and they're here trying to confuse themselves.
As in eeh..Even when it's glaring, they still try to defend the indefensible..I weep for the gullible educated Southern youths who fall for this 21st century scam angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ethnocentric Pmb: I Weep For My Fatherland by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 25, 2015
CyberWolf:
As in eeh..Even when it's glaring, they still try to defend the indefensible..I weep for the gullible educated Southern youths who fall for this 21st century scam angry

We told them here and offline but the proverbial dog refused to heed the warnings. They will surely pay for that myopia and stupidity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are SS And SE More Corrupt Regions In Nigeria? / Photos From Atiku Abubakar's Daughters' Wedding / Fulani Herdsmen Robbing Now At Benin Express Way 09/12\2015 4:32

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.