Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Doctors And Experts In The House:advise And Consultation Need Pls. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors And Experts In The House:advise And Consultation Need Pls. (786 Views)

Isha Sesay, CNN Journalist Commends Nigerian Doctors And Nurses / Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue / Save This Child Nairalanders, Advice Me On What To Do, Please Doctors And Nurses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors And Experts In The House:advise And Consultation Need Pls. by olamitodotun14: 6:22pm On Jul 25, 2015
The epistle could be long, so dear readers kindly read and give ur advise.which will be highly appreciated.
Early this year, my dad has being visiting his doctors due to the timely falling of his PCV.Thus, his consultant advised him to keep checking the rate(the falling rate of his pcv).But wah my dad noticed according to him was dah around may this year, the rate became high, thus leading to a low(18)...thus blood top up was advised(transfusion).
Moving to june, the doctors felt it was most likely going to be Aplastic anaemia thus recommended that he should be transfused to a certain level den they will start EPO( Erythropoietin)...as at this time, he had issues with the hospital he was using(university college hospital) doctor's strikes thus had to start his consultation with Obafemi Awolowo teaching hospital....where he was also advised to start with EPO.
During all this, he had done his bone marrow biopsy test and was awaiting the result.He started his EPO two weeks ago at the pcv rate of 18...after the EPO he was asked to do his pcv which was already at 14 when he checked yesterday.thus his consultant at uch ordered for a top up(transfusion)....while doing all this, I was at obafemi Awolowo teaching hospital to pick up his bone marrow biopsy test, where his case was diagnosed as NON HODGKIN LYMPHOMA.I read about it online nd it was a type of cancer.
Now, where the confusion lies for me is that his consultant here at uch doesn't believe it is non Hodgkin lymphoma and a diagnose of lymphoma should have bn the last thing to on our mind...where as at obafemi Awolowo teaching hospital where we ran the test it says it's non Hodgkin lymphoma.
my question now is that, who should we believe?
My dad is still on a low blood of 17(dahs with the top up transfusion he had yesterday)...wah should be done? (blood is life)
we are asked to come back this week at obafemi Awolowo teaching hospital to know the stage of his non Hodgkin lymphoma....which means dy mite be talking chemotherapy.
Having read about the symptoms of the non Hodgkin lymphoma, non happens to wrong with him except for the his persistent low blood issue.
so for the experts and doctors here, pls answer this questions for me and ask me any question which mite not be in my write up...I will answer appropriately. thanks.
NB:pls this is not a fund seeking thread and pardon mistakes in my write up.
Re: Doctors And Experts In The House:advise And Consultation Need Pls. by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 25, 2015
How old is your dad? Had he done prostate test? Is he loosing blood in his stool? Has he done Kidney test? What does his blood picture look like from all the blood test he has done aside the pcv which is low.
Re: Doctors And Experts In The House:advise And Consultation Need Pls. by olamitodotun14: 7:26am On Jul 26, 2015
FannySwindler:
How old is your dad? Had he done prostate test? Is he loosing blood in his stool? Has he done Kidney test? What does his blood picture look like from all the blood test he has done aside the pcv which is low.
my dad is 56, Normal blood picture... his PSA is 0.8 and No, he isn't losing blood from his stool.thank you very much...
Re: Doctors And Experts In The House:advise And Consultation Need Pls. by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 26, 2015
Well... Just because his PSA is 0.8 does exclude Prostate Cancer. You have not mentioned anything about his Kidney test. Electrolytes, Urea, Creatinine.

(1) (Reply)

Using Yoghurt As Home Remedies For An Itching Vagina / Supplement Even Gave My Increase Testosterone Pumping My Life Sex / Get Rid Of That Fat Or Any Health Related Issues With Total Life Changes Product

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.