Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,353 members, 7,853,553 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:04 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (65952 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by sirwebs(m): 1:54pm On Mar 20, 2009
It is now obvious that our luck has finally turned for the better. Villarael is such a good draw we can successfully execute it without Fab4.

Chelsea and Liverpool is the tie of the draw obviously though Messers Blatter and Platini would be happy the draw snuffed out any chance of an all English Semis.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tayoccu(m): 2:02pm On Mar 20, 2009
fab'll be fully fit for the CL q/f
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 2:08pm On Mar 20, 2009
good,so we play away first  wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 2:10pm On Mar 20, 2009
Villareal vs Arsenal in the quarter finals.  cool

Some may say it's a favourable draw, but anyone who gets into the last 8 in Europe deserves to be there and the Yellow Submarines are no exception. It will be a tough tie, but I feel we have enough quality to scale through. What I like most about the tie is that our second leg is at home unlike the last round.

If we win, we will face one of our old rivals - Man Utd or Porto, quite an interesting proposition indeed.

It will be good to see Robert Pires back at Arsenal, that is still one of the biggest mistakes I feel AW made - subbing him in the CL finals and not signing him on a new deal. He is still my favourite Arsenal player, that's why I wear the #7.  cool

Enough of CL talk though, we need to focus on Newcastle and get the three points.

Gunner 1965  cool tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tayoccu(m): 2:32pm On Mar 20, 2009
castle's 3 points in the kitty
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 3:04pm On Mar 20, 2009
Oh dear
Theo is injured again sad sad sad sad sad sad

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/preview/0,16374,1766_5075643,00.html
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 3:21pm On Mar 20, 2009
HNIC . . .saw that too about theo . . .

But its not serious i guez . .how long? i think 1 week.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 3:25pm On Mar 20, 2009
HNIC:

Oh dear

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1765_5076866,00.htm

Wenger on Walcott's injury:

"That is very bad news for us.

"Out for the rest of the season would be too long, but certainly he is out of the squad for the Newcastle game tomorrow and he could be out of the squad for England.

"He will be scanned this afternoon and we will assess his situation tonight."

Wenger added: "Theo locked his knee when he was walking back from training, so it could be a cartilage.

"Training was fully normal and maybe he has done it in training and it came out when he stopped.

"But we have to see how he responds today. I hope that it is not serious, but he has to be scanned."

This is the last thing we need as the crucial stage of our season sets in April.We have 2 matches per week starting from the Man City match,all crucial and germane to what would become of our season,thus we need our personnels capable and fit.Theo's injury is indeed a blow as he adds the pace and width dimension to our game.Let's hope it is not too serious.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 3:32pm On Mar 20, 2009
I hope i should not last for more than 1 week . . for Christ sake,we are playing Villareal on April 7th!!!

Theo No break my heart o0o
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 3:35pm On Mar 20, 2009
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh angry cry cry not now . .we should be talking of people returning sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by KunleOshob(m): 3:44pm On Mar 20, 2009
HNIC:

Oh dear

This really ridiculous angry angry angry angry angry our enemies are at work again
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 3:48pm On Mar 20, 2009
mukina2:

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh  angry  cry cry not now . .we should be talking of people returning sad

abi o0o  
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tayoccu(m): 4:30pm On Mar 20, 2009
there's nothing on the story @ arsenal.com
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 4:44pm On Mar 20, 2009
Eduardo is in for tomrw's games . .  grin grin grin

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/eduardo-in-the-squad-for-newcastle-trip

There is News on THeo injury at team's official webpage . . But i guez its a minor injury wink

http://www.arsenal.com/news/injury-news

FAB4 would be back to face MAN CITY on APRIL 4.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/fabregas-expected-to-return-against-man-city

The captain is now FAT angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 4:51pm On Mar 20, 2009
the UCL league 1/4 finals with Villareal is . .

20.45 NIG TIME

TUE 7TH APRIL

In Villareal's Home.

Honestly, i see a Barca/Arsenal Finals again . .

sweet revenge!!!! i forsee grin grin

GUNNERS 1800 tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 4:53pm On Mar 20, 2009
Allboys

cesc fat?? iz you alright? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ayusman16(m): 5:57pm On Mar 20, 2009
Na wao. Another long spell injury sideline for Walcott. Are those guys bones made of biscuit?

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/walcott-injures-knee-in-training-session

Walcott injures knee in training session
15/2 Arsenal win Champs Lge Free £20 Paddy Power Bet 8/15 Arsenal reach the Semi's Free £20 Paddy Power Bet By Declan Taylor

Theo Walcott will miss Saturday’s trip to Newcastle after injuring his knee at Friday morning’s training session.

The England winger has only just returned from almost four months out with a dislocated shoulder and, speaking at his pre-match press conference, Arsène Wenger revealed that the 20-year-old will face another spell on the sidelines.

The extent of the injury is unclear but the manager expects Walcott to be withdrawn from the England squad for the forthcoming fixtures.

“Walcott got injured today in training,” Wenger said. “We have to test it, he has a scan on his knee today.

“We are surprised and worried. He was in very good form coming back and that is very bad news for us and for England.

“For the rest of the season might be too long, but he’s out of tomorrow’s squad and he could be out of the England squad.

“He locked his knee so it could be a cartilage problem. He did it walking back from training. He was fully normal during training but maybe it only came out when he stopped.

“We have to see how he responds today and I hope it’s not really serious.”

[Friday, March 20, 2009]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 6:15pm On Mar 20, 2009
well . . . .who says this is not Arsenal's 1st UECL TROPHY ? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by switch47(m): 6:31pm On Mar 20, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

well . . . .who says this is not Arsenal's 1st UECL TROPHY ? undecided
Arsenal is capable of getting it!! tyhey have the spirit and good tradition/ nice soccer style-------THEY CAN GO ALL THE WAY!!all the best!! cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 7:06pm On Mar 20, 2009
Muki,

Yes na, FAB4 is now kinda fat . . .did you see his latest pix? well,its good for him as per stamina wise . . but he must be able to lift himself o0o . . .abi na my eyes?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by swiitch47: 7:18pm On Mar 20, 2009
ManCHESTER ye ye team. PortO GO DRive UNA frOm ChampiONS league as LIVERpool KILL Una dAt day.
FrOM the nO 1 UNIteD HATer
ANy teAM can QUAlify EXcept THOse WoRThless DisGracre callD UNITEEEEEED
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tkb417(m): 7:35pm On Mar 20, 2009
Is Walcott injured again?
na wa o
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 7:43pm On Mar 20, 2009
tkb417:

na wa o

mind ur own business tongue cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tkb417(m): 7:49pm On Mar 20, 2009
what bizniz oga aproko tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 7:55pm On Mar 20, 2009
it would be ur biznis when Arsenal draw or loses . . .

but before then keep to urself, self-service urself to death b4 Arsenal loses dude !

we won games when Walcott wasnt playing . . . .didnt we ?

have we not been winning games without Rosicky ?

oh I guess . . .witthout Cesc WE HAVE LOST ALL GAMES IN THE EPL

can we all just mourn for Arsenal ?

just 1 minute will do cry cry

NONSENSE ! tongue

if my memory serves me right Arsenal hasnt lost to any top 4 team this season undecided

I STAND TO BE CORRECTED ! cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tkb417(m): 8:02pm On Mar 20, 2009
it would be ur biznis when Arsenal draw or loses . . .

but before then keep to urself, self-service urself to death b4 Arsenal loses dude !

we won games when Walcott wasnt playing . . . .didnt we ?

have we not been winning games without Rosicky ?

oh I guess . . .witthout Cesc WE HAVE LOST ALL GAMES IN THE EPL

can we all just mourn for Arsenal ?

just 1 minute will do

NONSENSE !

if my memory serves me right Arsenal hasnt lost to any top 4 team this season

I STAND TO BE CORRECTED !

is the above ur response to what is below ?

na wa o

i hope ure ok cos i cant tie your response to my question
no link at all
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 8:09pm On Mar 20, 2009
did I quote u directly dude ?

if I didnt, why make it ur headache ? embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tkb417(m): 8:11pm On Mar 20, 2009
so ure talking to urself?
seek help fast embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 8:32pm On Mar 20, 2009
@ Gooners
See this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-564959/Arsenal-boss-Wenger-gives-Hull-boost-ahead-Championship-play-clash.html

Who will believe that we allowed Phil 'Arsene doesnt wanna shake me' Brown the use of our Colney training ground when they were
preparing for their show down with Watford last year?
AW should stop doing these favours abeg!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by bawomolo(m): 8:36pm On Mar 20, 2009
we had a nice draw, Villareal is no pushover but still a favorable opponent
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by loyika(m): 10:31pm On Mar 20, 2009
Oh me!! Oh My!!

Spits, spats and swallows!! What have i missed

Phil "Baby" Brown is crying over Cesc spitting at Horton's feet If Cesc spat at his face WHAT WOULD THE bleeper HAVE DONE!!!

Le Arse vs Villareal THE RETURN OF D'ARTAGNAN!! Bobby Pires cool cool

Can't wait!!

Over to saturday me old chums cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by switch47(m): 10:57pm On Mar 20, 2009
arsenal is capable of winning a titlte dis season they sure cannot

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (102)

Manchester City Vs Arsenal (5 - 0) On 28th August 2021 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2012/2013 / Manchester United Vs Newcastle United - (4 - 1) On September 11 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.