Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,597 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much (2385 Views)

8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics / My Baby Eats Too Much. / Incredible Recovery Of The Nigerian 'witch Child' Who Was Left For Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by nawaoooo: 1:28pm On Jul 26, 2015
I resumed shift this morning and one of our colleagues who's supposed to be on duty called in sick...few mins ago, another colleague very close to her hinted that she's been hospitalized cos the her fiance left her (wedding has been slated for december) she gave us further gist that the bobo left cos the wife to be eats a lot and seems to have uncontrollable appetite.

I immediately said its not possible cos the man is well to do, works with Diamond bank and certainly well paid, the babe is okay too financially, though I agree she eats a lot and most of her spending is on food item. so I see it as using that as a flimsy excuse but argument broke out when my colleagues raised their voices that its possible that some men seriously dislike women who eats a lot.
N.B our colleague isn't fat, just plumpy and very beautiful.

So am throwing it to the house, how possible is this.
So that bachelor like me will learn before signing the contract...
Moreso, the guy is close to my elder bro, thinking of talking to him to save the relationship.
Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by doublewisdom: 1:32pm On Jul 26, 2015
Guy has another reason of dumping her.

4 Likes

Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by Xtristolink: 1:33pm On Jul 26, 2015
Instead of talking to the guy why not help your glutton colleague! Excessive eating is disorder!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by frenzymirakk(m): 1:35pm On Jul 26, 2015
Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by ArchEnemy(m): 1:36pm On Jul 26, 2015
He doesn't like it and some habits are hard to change

Don't blame him.

But she needs to work on that her eating habit seriously... obesity may be lying in wait somewhere in the future smiling

1 Like

Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by purplelips(f): 1:36pm On Jul 26, 2015
Xtristolink:
Instead of talking to the guy why not help your glutton colleague!
Excessive eating is disorder!
Geez!! Be nice..

@OP... I doubt if the issues is about the excessive eating.
Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by ArchEnemy(m): 1:36pm On Jul 26, 2015
Xtristolink:
Instead of talking to the guy why not help your glutton colleague!
Excessive eating is disorder!
thumbs up
Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by KELVINXY: 1:38pm On Jul 26, 2015
i like people that love's to eat(not glutton's),
so i dont see it as a good reason to dump a fiance.undecided.

maybe the lady is hiding the real reason..
Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 26, 2015
As much as I don't like gluttons and the act of gluttony in any way, I sincerely believe he had ulterior motives for leaving the woman.

Didn't he know about her eating habit before fixing a wedding date? Was he rushed into fixing a wedding date? If it's NO to both questions, that guy must be very.....*mouth sealed*
Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by dapyd1(m): 1:46pm On Jul 26, 2015
The guy has looked into the future and does not like what he sees.
By the time she has 3 children, she'll be so big, he will not be attracted again.
She'll find someone who likes them big, no qualms.
Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by refreshrate: 1:54pm On Jul 26, 2015
The reason the fiance is well to do is because he doesn't spend so much on food now.

If he marries your friend all he would have worked for will enter her mouth.

The girl na omila.
Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by Welrez(m): 1:59pm On Jul 26, 2015
I doubt if the break-up was caused by your colleague's excessive eating habit. If it was truly the cause, the guy would have dumped her long ago.
Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 26, 2015
nairalandist:
As much as I don't like gluttons and the act of gluttony in any way, I sincerely believe he had ulterior motives for leaving the woman.

Didn't he know about her eating habit before fixing a wedding date? Was he rushed into fixing a wedding date? If it's NO to both questions, that guy must be very.....*mouth sealed*
you don talk am finish.

He didn't know this before proposing and fixing wedding date? How much has he tried to help the girl overcome this habit of hers? undecided

1 Like

Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by kurlarday: 2:08pm On Jul 26, 2015
Please, let's make this clarification. There is a big difference between someone who loves food and someone who eats too much. I like food, I like varieties, I like delicious food and I like cooking too. When I encounter people who do the same (either male or female), it is like the deep calling unto the deep. It is usually a great moment having people with like minds around, sharing opinions about new recipes and all sort.

On the other hand, I have learnt in life that too much of everything is bad. Someone who eats too much is at the risk of obesity. There are many health risks involved too just like someone who drinks too much of alcohol or someone who thinks too much. So, @OP don't get it twisted, from your perspective, is your colleague a glutton or someone who just likes food? Your answer will determine if she needs a piece of advice on changing the way she eats or believing God for a real dude (that guy may not be real).
Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by nawaoooo: 2:10pm On Jul 26, 2015
MarvellousGod:
you don talk am finish.

He didn't know this before proposing and fixing wedding date? How much has he tried to help the girl over this habit of hers? undecided

Judging from the nature of the guy's work, they hardly spend time together and am sure he must av tried to assist her to get over her excesses and the lady maybe proving stubborn...she stubborn small and can ague like fayose her state governor
Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by Dyt(f): 2:25pm On Jul 26, 2015
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by 5minsmadness: 2:34pm On Jul 26, 2015
jfl
She's a stubborn woman.
I hinted her about her weight and told her I would help her like on a diet or something and she went ballistic, calling me unprintable names and saying nothing in earth will stop her from eating that if I don't like it I can walk.
Na hin i carry my Matta go.
Why is she crying, afterall she said million other men like her the way she is.
Person say e no like something u are forcing it on the person, tomorrow if I start eyeing one slim chick outside una go call me ashawo man.
Op forget am not going back. Delete this topic.

1 Like

Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by Slimzjoe(m): 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2015
Its very Very Possible! She's Probably the Type that will eat everything that Passes by her Table at a Party and that's Embarrassing undecided

I don't Blame the Dude if he has Tried and she Refused to change
Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 26, 2015
Dude has other reasons joor.....
Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 26, 2015
5minsmadness:
jfl
She's a stubborn woman.
I hinted her about her weight and told her I would help her like on a diet or something and she went ballistic, calling me unprintable names and saying nothing in earth will stop her from eating that if I don't like it I can walk.
Na hin i carry my Matta go.
Why is she crying, afterall she said million other men like her the way she is.
Person say e no like something u are forcing it on the person, tomorrow if I start eyeing one slim chick outside una go call me ashawo man.
Op forget am not going back. Delete this topic.

One never knows when you are joking or serious. Must be this 5 min madness thing grin

On a serious note I know of 2 people who eat so much its almost embarassing.
Yesterday one of them went to hide and eat in the kitchen (hall party) because according to her, her husband had warned her not to eat at the party ( I guess becasue she loads so much on her plate) and it embarasses him.
She got up from the table like she was going to greet someone and the next time I saw her she was perching on a chair beside the fridge eating poundo grin

Funny enough these people arent obese, so it could just be a overactive metabolism, Maybe your babe is just a hungry lass and she may not end up obese if thats what you are worried about.

Im Just joking o! You do what you think is right for you. you are the one who will live with her at the end of the day.
Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by nawaoooo: 3:03pm On Jul 26, 2015
kurlarday:
Please, let's make this clarification. There is a big difference between someone who loves food and someone who eats too much. I like food, I like varieties, I like delicious food and I like cooking too. When I encounter people who do the same (either male or female), it is like the deep calling unto the deep. It is usually a great moment having people with like minds around, sharing opinions about new recipes and all sort.

On the other hand, I have learnt in life that too much of everything is bad. Someone who eats too much is at the risk of obesity. There are many health risks involved too just like someone who drinks too much of alcohol or someone who thinks too much. So, @OP don't get it twisted, from your perspective, is your colleague a glutton or someone who just likes food? Your answer will determine if she needs a piece of advice on changing the way she eats or believing God for a real dude (that guy may not be real).

To be candid, she eats a lot ,nothing ever takes her lunch brek away, hence, she will be screamming as if the world will end...but more impirtantly she is a nice person, though stubborn, her gist will take over the office all through till next week!!!
Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 26, 2015
Oh God
Coogars here shocked

Relationship is dead and buried end of cool tongue
Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by EfemenaXY: 3:13pm On Jul 26, 2015
nawaoooo:
I resumed shift this morning and one of our colleagues who's supposed to be on duty called in sick...few mins ago, another colleague very close to her hinted that she's been hospitalized cos the her fiance left her (wedding has been slated for december) she gave us further gist that the bobo left cos the wife to be eats a lot and seems to have uncontrollable appetite.

I immediately said its not possible cos the man is well to do, works with Diamond bank and certainly well paid, the babe is okay too financially, though I agree she eats a lot and most of her spending is on food item. so I see it as using that as a flimsy excuse but argument broke out when my colleagues raised their voices that its possible that some men seriously dislike women who eats a lot.
N.B our colleague isn't fat, just plumpy and very beautiful.

So am throwing it to the house, how possible is this.
So that bachelor like me will learn before signing the contract...
Moreso, the guy is close to my elder bro, thinking of talking to him to save the relationship.

He had a very valid reason for dumping her.

The reason why so many relationships get into trouble after tying the knot is because spouses compromise on their expectations. If there is something you don't like about your partner, the best time to shout it out from the rooftops is while dating. Not after marriage. If you can't tolerate something during the dating period, you most definitely won't be able to stand it post-marriage as it'll only get worse.

He said he didn't like her stuffing her face. She had two choices. To either ignore him and carry on, or to make changes. She chose the former. So she should stop crying, shape up, and move on.

A broken relationship is a hundred times better than a broken marriage. It's a no-brainer.

Now's the time for her to address her food addiction.

1 Like

Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by angelTI(f): 3:33pm On Jul 26, 2015
grin grin grin

Eleyi tun gidigan oo. Wetin we no go hear undecided
Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by Momcherry(f): 3:39pm On Jul 26, 2015
believe me it can be really annoying to be with a glutton..especially if u are someone that doesn't eat that much. Some sef no matter how they eat they still remain like bongafish.
I know of a lady whose relationship ended that way because of her cravings for meat. She eats meat like crazy..anything meat goes cheesy In fact she attends parties(invited or not) because of meat cheesy

But that guy shouldn't have proposed in d first place if he never liked her attitude towards food cheesy

1 Like

Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by 5minsmadness: 3:45pm On Jul 26, 2015
tearoses:

One never knows when you are joking or serious. Must be this 5 min madness thing grin

On a serious note I know of 2 people who eat so much its almost embarassing.
Yesterday one of them went to hide and eat in the kitchen (hall party) because according to her, her husband had warned her not to eat at the party ( I guess becasue she loads so much on her plate) and it embarasses him.
She got up from the table like she was going to greet someone and the next time I saw her she was perching on a chair beside the fridge eating poundo grin

Funny enough these people arent obese, so it could just be a overactive metabolism, Maybe your babe is just a hungry lass and she may not end up obese if thats what you are worried about.

Im Just joking o! You do what you think is right for you. you are the one who will live with her at the end of the day.

Jfl
I repeat the lady is stubborn. Also its not so much her being obese as her not wanting to do anything about it. I have no issues with her weight now but what about when she starts having kids? Also the way she flaunts the eating stuff like no one has a right to tell her what and what not to eat. And she argues like crazy.

Our marriage class teacher told us o sort stuff out if we see anything we don't lime about our partners and are keeping mom about. I've not been to comfortable with her weight for a while but i didn't think it was bad enough to dump her. My issue is she doesnt think it's a big deal and I do. She's not fat per se but definitely curvy. Her people are on the plump side too and I don't want her reaching that level. I gently brought up the issue and she started yelling. I say one thing she says two, arguing that guys like fat ladies too.

No qualms she should go and meet them.

Am I bad for looking out for what I want in a woman?
Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by EfemenaXY: 3:49pm On Jul 26, 2015
5minsmadness:

Jfl
I repeat the lady is stubborn. Also its not so much her being obese as her not wanting to do anything about it. I have no issues with her weight now but what about when she starts having kids? Also the way she flaunts the eating stuff like no one has a right to tell her what and what not to eat. And she argues like crazy.

Our marriage class teacher told us o sort stuff out if we see anything we don't lime about our partners and are keeping mom about. I've not been to comfortable with her weight for a while but i didn't think it was bad enough to dump her. My issue is she doesnt think it's a big deal and I do. She's not fat per se but definitely curvy. Her people are on the plump side too and I don't want her reaching that level. I gently brought up the issue and she started yelling. I say one thing she says two, arguing that guys like fat ladies too.

No.

She has the choice to either go or stay.

As an offside, I hope you too will keep fit and trim in equal measure? It's not a one-sided thing, you know.
Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by 5minsmadness: 3:51pm On Jul 26, 2015
EfemenaXY:

No.

She has the choice to either go or stay.

As an offside, I hope you too will keep fit and trim in equal measure? It's not a one-sided thing, you know.
Jfl

Currently on a diet as we speak.
She's a nice girl really but her attitude yesterday was uncalled for. Should I be afraid of saying what I feel? She should look for the fat loving men.
Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 26, 2015
5minsmadness:

Jfl

Obviously you are both not on the same page so it may be in both your best interest to walk away. If she doesnt see it as a problem then its really difficult to even reach a compromise.
If it really means that much to you, there is no point you starting to "misbehave" 3 years down the line when it can be avoided now
She is right, some guys like fat guys, just that you dont happen to fall into that category and she now needs to look for one who does cool

Somehow my instinct tells me that you are trolling this "cold" and wet "summer" afternoon angry

BTW what does JFL mean?

1 Like

Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 26, 2015
5minsmadness:

Jfl

She's a nice girl really but her attitude yesterday was uncalled for. Should I be afraid of saying what I feel? She should look for the fat loving men.

Thats what offended you the most wink
She probably didnt mean it . . .most probably said in the heat of the moment
If she did mean it, she wont be crying her eyes out today
Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by EfemenaXY: 3:56pm On Jul 26, 2015
5minsmadness:

Jfl

grin grin grin

Don't be like that. Too brusque.

Rather, get her to check her BMI (Body Mass Index). If she's overweight / obese, understanding the health implications should encourage her to sit up and so something about it.

Dieting alone won't cut it. She needs to throw in some exercises too, to get the full benefit.

What's JFL?
Re: Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
JFL = Just For Laughs
I think I figured it out

You are 5 min madness for real angry
Lemme catch you there

(1) (2) (Reply)

Giant Aluminum Pot Popularly Called Koko Irin / I Am a scammer... / House Clearance (japa) Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.