Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School (35093 Views)

Ariyibi Ayomide: UNILAG Student Commits Suicide By Drinking Sniper (Photo) / BSU Medical Student, Victor, Is Dead (Photos) / Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by laurel03(m): 3:10pm On Jul 26, 2015
Rip
Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
Eyaa, but the guy Bleep up. Why im go commit suicide? He is not the first and will not be the last. There was still enough light for him at the end of the tunnel. RIP to him
Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by Dindondin(m): 3:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
ahb
Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
ryd3:
This story is touching. How many more would be frustrated even before reaching the labour market?

Medical Students of the Benue State University, Makurdi, have deposited the coffin of their dead colleague at the office of the Vice-Chancellor in protest.

SUNDAY PUNCH gathered that the deceased, Idoko Nicholas Inalegwu, died in controversial circumstances after receiving the news of his withdrawal after spending 10 years in medical school.

Idoko was withdrawn for failing a re-sit.

A student, who spoke to one of our correspondents on telephone on condition of anonymity, said they believed that Idoko took his life because he could not bear the news that his 10 years in medical was in vain.

“He had been talking about it; that he wished he died a painless death; that the school had finished him. There is nowhere in the world that a medical student is withdrawn after spending 10 years,” he said.

The student said the students had complained about the manner in which examinations were conducted, where re-sits were prolonged for up to one year, as against the stipulated six weeks, with no efforts to engage the students.

The students, after an altercation at the Benue State University Teaching Hospital mortuary, obtained the coffin of their dead colleague and marched to the VC’s office, vowing not to leave until their grievances were resolved.

All efforts to reach the Vice-Chancellor, Mrs. Charity Angya, for comments proved been abortive as she neither picked several calls made to her mobile phone nor responded to a text message sent to her as of the time of filling this report.

http://www.punchng.com/news/benue-varsity-students-dump-colleagues-corpse-at-vcs-office/

http://3.bp..com/-oXafU0z4Zls/VbSmMB2JSSI/AAAAAAAACso/zmPOqOseDYg/s400/med3.jpg
FVCK NIGERIA SCHOOL undecided

AT THE END NO JOB.. I ALMOST FEEL FRUSTRATED WHEN I HAD LOWER CLASS DURING MY POLY DAYS.... BUT THANK GOD TIME HEAL EVERY WOUND.

1 Like

Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by Atlantian: 3:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
Good riddance to bad rubbish. Why hurry your demise when you will eventually kpeme.
Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by goshen26: 3:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
We are watching.....

D fellow must have watched too much of 3 IDIOTS. (INDIAN FILM)

R.I.P
Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by coolhumble(m): 3:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
School wasted ten years of your precious life and you ended it tragically by yourself, what a pity. R I P.
Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by eby001(m): 3:12pm On Jul 26, 2015
Medical student syndrome
Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by littlemistress: 3:12pm On Jul 26, 2015
10 years?! Medicine ain't by force nau. undecided
Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by littlemistress: 3:12pm On Jul 26, 2015
10 years?! Medicine ain't by force nau. undecided

1 Like

Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by AlphaDibia(m): 3:12pm On Jul 26, 2015
RIP brother. Medicine is not easy at all... and if it doesn't kill you, it'll make you stronger. Literally
Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by hansad: 3:12pm On Jul 26, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
So sad but, it hasn't goten 2d level of him taking his life..

RIP 2 Him

Only mugus commit suicide.

He was a whole mugu who mistakenly found himself in medical school where saving lives is it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by salaboiz(m): 3:13pm On Jul 26, 2015
frustrationan can make you to do silly things...if there is life, there is hope...
RIP
Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by martolux(m): 3:13pm On Jul 26, 2015
may God give us wisdom to handle situations beyond our understanding..RIP to the dead.
Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by Dega128(m): 3:13pm On Jul 26, 2015
Taylor86:
only in buharis tenure

too many crisis

RIP bro

Not funny grow up lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by segemint(f): 3:14pm On Jul 26, 2015
The keep frustrating us while the kids r studying abroad. Only in Nigerian school... Shit happens.. Issorite
rip

1 Like

Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by ceejay80s(m): 3:15pm On Jul 26, 2015
veekid:
chai otooorrrcha
Idiot lol
Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by GENT95(m): 3:15pm On Jul 26, 2015
NA WA OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by tommykiwi(m): 3:15pm On Jul 26, 2015
Really some schools can be so wicked dat they frustrate the life of students...rest in peace.
Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by geemeshin(m): 3:15pm On Jul 26, 2015
I understand his pains...but he shouldn't have allowed frustration to overwhelm him; it's a pity!
Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by KingKuntaVart: 3:16pm On Jul 26, 2015
only in a failed government u would see this happen... RIP to him
Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by Afritop(m): 3:16pm On Jul 26, 2015
and the authorities will want to defend themselves by saying they want to attain high standard of education
Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by salaboiz(m): 3:17pm On Jul 26, 2015
Rip.... Medical student are meant to save life's not to take their own life
Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by onadana: 3:18pm On Jul 26, 2015
As sad as it is,I don't see how the school should be held responsible.Also,he chose to end it in a despicable manner.He failed a resit,so the school should have passed him and entrusted him with people's lives.It's medicine we are talking about.

2 Likes

Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 26, 2015
I was tempted to pity him but later discovered he not only took his life, he killed someone else with his car on high speed. If u wanna go out, why not go out alone? Besides many others have gone thru worse yet still living. Life can throw worse things at u, if he couldn't take this then sooner or later he woulda still killed himself becos u can't run from disappointment as llong as u walk the land of the living

2 Likes

Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 26, 2015
hansad:

Only mugus commit suicide.

He was a whole mugu who mistakenly found himself in medical school where saving lives is it.
YOUR TIME IS STILL COUNTING..

YOU DON'T CALL HIM MUGU undecided

HE ONLY DID IT COST HE CAN'T BEAR THE SHAME, TOGETHER WITH THE FEELING OF WORKING HARD BUT TO NO VEIN....

MANY PEOPLE HANDLE STRESS DIFFERENTLY.... I WILL ADVICE YOU TO TRY AND STUDY HUMAN AND STOP TALKING TRASH...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by emamos: 3:19pm On Jul 26, 2015
Mogidi:
Why?
Bill Gates never had any degrees, see where he ended up. Closer to home, Buhari has no education, check where he is now.
Education/Certificate is not the only avenue to success.
this made sense

1 Like

Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 26, 2015
The country keep making things difficult for youths on a daily bases, and the so called youth cheer them on by bashing themselves instead of forming a solidarity, I really wish the BSU student will make this man's death a rallying point to solve most of their problems especially medical department. Naming the department building after him is not a bad idea.

2 Likes

Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by akatekpe(m): 3:20pm On Jul 26, 2015
That school of health of BSU is a scam.Na by force to get Medicine /surgery for d school? Scrap it if u can't meet up instead of frustrating young Nigerians. I left that boy and his colleagues 10yrs ago,those who made a switch to other schools have graduated as Medical doctors now and they are still there protesting on weekly basis after 10yrs
Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 26, 2015
thatz uncool
Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by victorazy(m): 3:22pm On Jul 26, 2015
malawi14:
Its shocking tho! I feel his pain.........rest in peace to d dead

What rest in peace are u talking about my brother.
In this life, is good when ur growing physically, u also grow mentally.
"No knowledge is waste"

He is a wicked fellow for wasting his soul, his parent's cash and God's hard work on him.
Re: BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 26, 2015
sonofananimal1:
YOUR TIME IS STILL COUNTING..

YOU DON'T CALL HIM MUGU undecided

HE ONLY DID IT COST HE CAN'T BEAR THE SHAME, TOGETHER WITH THE FEELING OF WORKING HARD BUT TO NO VEIN....

MANY PEOPLE HANDLE STRESS DIFFERENTLY.... I WILL ADVICE YOU TO TRY AND STUDY HUMAN AND STOP TALKING TRASH...

Thanks for the above.

I'm yet to understand the rationale behind people condemning and denigrating the actions or decisions of others when themselves haven't traveled in their shoes.

I've met a lot of ridiculous folks on this forum.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service / How June 1st Cultist Scare Is Putting OAU On Lockdown / FUTA Final Year Students Sign Out In Style (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.