Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,558 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service (35117 Views)

Opeyemi Enoch Has NOT Solved The Riemann Hypothesis: Didnt Get Any $1M / Dr Enoch Did Not Prove The Riemann Hypothesis. / Opeyemi Enoch Solves 156-Year-Old Maths Problem, Gets $1M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service by yomexp(m): 9:38am On Nov 17, 2015
A maths problem, which has gone more than 150 years without a solution, has finally been solved by Nigerian academic Dr. Opeyemi Enoch. The Riemann Hypothesis was first proposed by Bernhard Riemann in 1859. As the first person to provide a solution, Dr. Enoch has scooped a million dollar prize.

dominique this is a new perspective to this news BBC WOLD SERVICE just brought it to mainstream. thanks

Finally lalasticlala do the needful.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03891wc?ocid=socialflow_facebook

11 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service by dassyslimmy(m): 9:40am On Nov 17, 2015
wow

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service by yomexp(m): 9:42am On Nov 17, 2015
dominique please dont lock this thread. This will will finally lay to rest the controversies as to whether or not The Riemann Hypothesis was finally solved by a Nigerian. BBC just broke the news. thanks

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service by dassyslimmy(m): 9:42am On Nov 17, 2015
we av talented gurus in dis country fa

13 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service by mazeltov(m): 9:44am On Nov 17, 2015
Since the news has been confirmed by international mediae like Bbc and Cnn, it is now reliable and valid

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service by IGBOPRINCE: 9:46am On Nov 17, 2015
yomexp:
dominique please dont lock this thread. This will will finally lay to rest the controversies as to whether or not The Riemann Hypothesis was finally solved by a Nigerian. BBC just broke the news. thanks
I thought they said it s a lie that he didn't solves any maths.
How come they re lauding him now after denying him.

Fake news everywhere angry

7 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service by yomexp(m): 9:50am On Nov 17, 2015
IGBOPRINCE:

who denied him certainly not BBC

19 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 17, 2015
Am happy for my bro, but I still remembered how BBC reported Ebola cure by Maurice iwu, we all saw how it went

6 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service by Chidozieude: 9:56am On Nov 17, 2015
Sunnyb0b0, cyberwolf, descartes, chuka1985 please your attention is needed here

Lalasticlala Seun Mukina2

You put a thread on frontpage disputing this story. BBC has now officially confirmed it

Please put this on frontpage so Nigerians are fully aware that the Herald made an error

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service by abouzaid: 10:16am On Nov 17, 2015
IGBOPRINCE:

this propaganda has already been denied and is on front page.

3 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service by abouzaid: 10:19am On Nov 17, 2015
Chidozieude:
Sunnyb0b0, cyberwolf, descartes, chuka1985 please your attention is needed here

Lalasticlala Seun Mukina2

You put a thread on frontpage disputing this story. BBC has now officially confirmed it

Please put this on frontpage so Nigerians are fully aware that the Herald made an error
the clay institute denied it and provided a link to their webpage still listing the problem as unsolved.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service by Chidozieude: 10:27am On Nov 17, 2015
abouzaid:
the clay institute denied it and provided a link to their webpage still listing the problem as unsolved.

Is it the Enugu state chapter of Clay Institute?

BBC has reported it, i am sure they verified it before reporting it

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service by CyberWolf: 10:37am On Nov 17, 2015
Now Yorubas can go ahead and rejoice grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service by yomexp(m): 10:38am On Nov 17, 2015
abouzaid:
keep quiet my friend. you think this is elombah.com or biafra radio

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service by masseratti: 10:40am On Nov 17, 2015
This will be interesting, but what exactly is going on,is the man a ghost? Are we saying there is no nairalander in his school or one of his students?
Re: Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 17, 2015
Chidozieude:

Is it the Enugu state chapter of Clay Institute?

BBC has reported it, i am sure they verified it before reporting it
why see BBC as trustworthy? Don't trust everything you see in d media

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service by naptu2: 10:43am On Nov 17, 2015
The two previous threads.

Opeyemi Enoch Solves 156-Year-Old Maths Problem, Gets $1M
https://www.nairaland.com/2738010/opeyemi-enoch-solves-156-year-old-maths

And

Clay Math Institute Denies Century Old Math Problem Solved By Nigerian
Jengem:
The Clay Math institute has distanced itself from claims that the Riemann Hypothesis, a 156 year old unsolved mathematical problem has been solved by a Nigerian egghead, Dr. Opeyemi Enoch. Enoch is a professor with the Federal University, Oye Ekiti, Ekiti State.

Several publications had gone to town with the report yesterday and earlier today, stating that the scholar had won the $1 million prize offered to whomever can solve the problem.

Email checks with the Clay Math institute resulted in a response from the Office of the President of the institute.

Naomi Kraker, administrative manager in an email to The Herald said, “As a matter of policy, the Clay Mathematics Institute does not comment on solutions to the Millennium Problems. The current status of the problems and complete information about each, can be found at www.claymath.org; I’m afraid I can not add anything beyond what is available there.”

Subsequent check on the website revealed that the problem actually remains unsolved.

http://www.claymath.org/millennium-problems/riemann-hypothesis

Soup: http://www.theheraldng.com/clay-math-institute-denies-century-old-math-problem-s

https://www.nairaland.com/2741612/clay-math-institute-denies-century
Re: Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 17, 2015
mazeltov:
Since the news has been confirmed by international mediae like Bbc and Cnn, it is now reliable and valid

Taaaa! BBC is the co-head of world propaganda.

The mathematicians or whatever body has already denied it. When did BBC start solving maths?

You and Bbc should swerve Nonsense.

15 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service by yomexp(m): 10:46am On Nov 17, 2015
masseratti:
This will be interesting, but what exactly is going on,is the man a ghost? Are we saying there is no nairalander in his school or one of his students?
you can confirm from qrymz

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service by yomexp(m): 10:51am On Nov 17, 2015
oga naptu2 what do you think?
Re: Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service by damton(m): 11:41am On Nov 17, 2015
Good for him

1 Like

Re: Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service by lasisi69(f): 11:41am On Nov 17, 2015
End time maths

13 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service by Aminat508(f): 11:41am On Nov 17, 2015
Please check this link, Light need your help cry cry

https://www.nairaland.com/2517785/save-light-great-fighter/51
Re: Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service by yemstok(m): 11:42am On Nov 17, 2015
Positive News...that's all I want.
Congrats sake.

2 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service by Middlefinger1: 11:42am On Nov 17, 2015
not again.
But why the years for the maths come dey reduce ni? From 156 to 150 years.
Re: Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service by trigar12(m): 11:43am On Nov 17, 2015
I am seeing this for like the third time , now that it has been verified, good one for my people

8 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service by ochoa(m): 11:43am On Nov 17, 2015
Anyone who isn't confused here doesn't really understand what is going on.... Clay Maths Institute or BBC.... Who ll u rather??

2 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service by Dragonking: 11:44am On Nov 17, 2015
Congrats!!!! These are the few ones who use their brains to make the country proud.
Re: Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service by damiloladuke: 11:44am On Nov 17, 2015
shebi dem say na lie

DO YOU NEED LAPTOP LIGHTS? CHECK MY SIGNATURE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman / Photos: 22 Year Old Economics Students Wins Miss Unilorin / Federal Polytechnic, Nekede Owerri FORUM.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.