Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,064 members, 7,810,967 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

Police: Investigation Into Forgery Of Senate Rules Inconclusive - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police: Investigation Into Forgery Of Senate Rules Inconclusive (1400 Views)

New Hurdle For Amaechi, Fashola As Senate Rules That Two Senators Must Endorse E / IGP Confirms Forgery Of Senate Rules, Says Saraki, Ekeremadu Have No Immunity / Alleged Forgery Of Senate Rules: IGP Summons Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police: Investigation Into Forgery Of Senate Rules Inconclusive by ChelseaDr(m): 2:29am On Jul 27, 2015
By Tobi Soniyi, Yemi Akinsuyi and Damilola Oyedele in Abuja

The Nigeria Police Force (NPF) has said it has not concluded its investigations into the alleged forgery of the Senate’s Standing Order, adding that no copy of its report had been handed to President Muhammadu Buhari as reported in some sections of the media.

Speaking to THISDAY yesterday on the purported report, the Force Public Relations Officer Emmanuel Ojukwu described as false the news report that the investigation into the alleged forgery had been concluded and a report submitted to the president by the police.

A news story at the weekend claimed that the president had received a copy of the police report last week, confirming that the Standing Rules used to inaugurate the Eighth Assembly were forged.

In the story, the police were said to have recommended the prosecution of those found culpable of forging the rules, which were used in the election of the Senate President, Senator Bukola Saraki, and his deputy, Senator Ike Ekweremadu on June 9, 2015.
The report was said to have indicted the management of the National Assembly, especially the clerk, Salisu Maikasuwa, among others, and recommended the prosecution of the suspects.

However, Ojukwu told THISDAY that the investigation was still ongoing, adding that no report was submitted to the president.
“I want to state categorically that the investigation into the allegation of forgery at the Senate is still ongoing. We have not concluded it yet, so where did the media get the information that not only has it been concluded but handed over to President Mohammed Buhari.

“The investigation is still ongoing and whenever it is ready, we will make it available to the public. The media report that we have concluded the investigation into the case is false and should be disregarded,” he said.

Also commenting on the story, a Senator said he expected the police, being part of the executive arm of government, to recognise the separation of powers, which could invalidate their findings.

He added that if there were any alterations to the Senate rules, they must have been done by the civil servants in the National Assembly and not the senators who had not even been sworn-in to review the rules.

Acting on a petition by Senator Sulaiman Hunkuyi of the All Progressives Congress (APC), the police had on July 6 quizzed Maikasuwa over the alleged forgery of the standing rules of the upper legislative chamber.
The petition alleged that some parts of the 2015 rules were different from the one ratified by the Sixth Senate in 2010 and was used by the Seventh Senate in 2011.

The police, on the strength of the petition, had subsequently quizzed the leadership of the Seventh Senate, including former Senate President David Mark; his deputy (now Saraki’s deputy), Ekweremadu; former Senate Leader, Victor Ndoma-Egba; and the former Chairman, Senate Committee on Rules and Business, Senator Ita Enang.

Maikasuwa, who is the custodian of the standing rules, was also invited for questioning by the police.

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/police-investigation-into-forgery-of-senate-rules-inconclusive/215720/

Re: Police: Investigation Into Forgery Of Senate Rules Inconclusive by Opinedecandid(m): 2:33am On Jul 27, 2015
The Nation Newspaper carried the news.

I wonder what they really want.

Meanwhile, Attention:
LRNZH; SporaD8; Omotolu; double0seven; yemaldo; DIVINE78; modash; Toktee; efilefun; Reference;
stone07; kokoA; nijanigga; jtownrep; ransomed; elbaraj001; edgeproduk;

On PDP Kwara State absolving APC of any blame in the probe of Mrs Bukola Saraki,

https://www.nairaland.com/2479441/pdp-exonerates-apc-tinubu-toyin#36297940

I had this to say:

My first comment on this thread is on the first page. A lot of people have quoted me and chorused a common reply that the petition is very apt to have come now, more than 5yrs after Mrs Saraki left office as the First Lady of Kwara State, I dare to opine thus:

All those that are arguing that it is because PMB has come on board hence the proper timing of the so-called 'PDP Kwara State Petition', the corresponding questions are: did he come on board since about January when they claim they petitioned?

Another question, if Saraki didn't leave PDP would they have petitioned?

If Saraki didn't get elected as the Senate President and got enmeshed in the leadership crisis of the Senate and that of APC, would this petition have seen the light of the day?

Many that have quoted the earlier parts of my comment claim that the petitioners deem it fit and most appropriate to send the delayed and near belated petition now because the man at the helms of affairs in Nigeria does not condone corruption, as such, he is corruption-free.

I, Udo dare to ask, is PMB really not corrupt? Could that be the reason he says he will limit his probe only to the era of GEJ, and we say this is not corruption?

This old man is on the brink of constructing a stronghold of a precedence, and we are still watching.
It may be GEJ, his government and his officials today, it might be someone else' tomorrow!

We can't claim all is well with the entrenchment of selectocracy cum sectionalism.

Nigerians, WAKE UP!

Stop taking Nigerians for fools,

#WEARENOFOOLS#
Re: Police: Investigation Into Forgery Of Senate Rules Inconclusive by stepo707: 2:41am On Jul 27, 2015
Denial of service attack in this administration
Re: Police: Investigation Into Forgery Of Senate Rules Inconclusive by ShobayoEmma(m): 2:43am On Jul 27, 2015
@poster above me, they want what u and i don't know.
Re: Police: Investigation Into Forgery Of Senate Rules Inconclusive by fallout87: 3:07am On Jul 27, 2015
More APC lies and propaganda.

Instead of governing the country they forced themselves on they are still doing political lies and campaign.

1 Like

Re: Police: Investigation Into Forgery Of Senate Rules Inconclusive by prospero5(m): 3:18am On Jul 27, 2015
Hmm!
Re: Police: Investigation Into Forgery Of Senate Rules Inconclusive by jammani(m): 4:05am On Jul 27, 2015
If you feel APC is a mere piece of poo hit LIKE

1 Like

Re: Police: Investigation Into Forgery Of Senate Rules Inconclusive by coolestrogue(m): 4:20am On Jul 27, 2015
Propaganda

1 Like

Re: Police: Investigation Into Forgery Of Senate Rules Inconclusive by Candyrain(m): 4:25am On Jul 27, 2015
So where did the crazy news about the investigation report being submitted to the president come out from? Hia undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Police: Investigation Into Forgery Of Senate Rules Inconclusive by ejikeuzo: 12:36pm On Jul 27, 2015
Hello friends do you know about sportalys bet?
check out these
*For better service and treatment click on http://www.sportalys.net
*This is a betting website that offers BONUS on every bet with more than one selection
*We also update your betting record as soon as matches are over
*This is a track record you can rely on

you can always contact us via whatsapp or call +2348155599572 also through our http://www.sportalys.net
follow us on our twitter handle @sportalysdotnet

Re: Police: Investigation Into Forgery Of Senate Rules Inconclusive by shaqhead: 5:35pm On Jul 27, 2015
Opinedecandid:

On PDP Kwara State absolving APC of any blame in the probe of Mrs Bukola Saraki,

https://www.nairaland.com/2479441/pdp-exonerates-apc-tinubu-toyin#36297940

I had this to say:

My first comment on this thread is on the first page. A lot of people have quoted me and chorused a common reply that the petition is very apt to have come now, more than 5yrs after Mrs Saraki left office as the First Lady of Kwara State, I dare to opine thus:

All those that are arguing that it is because PMB has come on board hence the proper timing of the so-called 'PDP Kwara State Petition', the corresponding questions are: did he come on board since about January when they claim they petitioned?

Another question, if Saraki didn't leave PDP would they have petitioned?

If Saraki didn't get elected as the Senate President and got enmeshed in the leadership crisis of the Senate and that of APC, would this petition have seen the light of the day?

Many that have quoted the earlier parts of my comment claim that the petitioners deem it fit and most appropriate to send the delayed and near belated petition now because the man at the helms of affairs in Nigeria does not condone corruption, as such, he is corruption-free.

I, Udo dare to ask, is PMB really not corrupt? Could that be the reason he says he will limit his probe only to the era of GEJ, and we say this is not corruption?

This old man is on the brink of constructing a stronghold of a precedence, and we are still watching.
It may be GEJ, his government and his officials today, it might be someone else' tomorrow!

We can't claim all is well with the entrenchment of selectocracy cum sectionalism.

Nigerians, WAKE UP!

Stop taking Nigerians for fools,

#WEARENOFOOLS#
On d issue of Saraki n PDP kwara state one question needs to be answered?
Is there a case of corruption by Saraki's wife as alleged by PDP? So because a madman speaks the truth, in ur weird estimation that truth lacks validity?

Why do u guys always choose to shout when u are asked what is in ur pocket if u have nothin to hide?

Did we hear d northerners shoutin witchHuntin? Even now that a Dasuki is on d hot seat, do u hear them shout witchHunting? We southerners keep embarrasin ourselves by this "our brother" position even when som1 like u ddnt get a penny and if u did, its clear y u n ur likes hold such inane position!

Did an OBJ look into PMB time at PTF?

If u have actionable evidence that GMB is corrupt, u shd do d needful. Dnt jst rant and wail on a faceless forum!

If only a GEJ had "witchHunted", yes, witchHunted OBJ on all that transpired durin his tenure, you wont b askin that PMB does! He ddnt because he saw Nigeria as a come and chop restaurant-witout payin! Why are u folks scared of accountability?

Udo, I guess its OK wt u for Wike to probe ONLY Amaechi, aha yeah it is! I dnt c u shoutin urself hoarse on that! Duplicity at its height!

My position is simple, let d govt probe and prosecute whoevr they want-yes whoever is found corrupt (and hey b4 u start pointin a finger, ur leads are not credible, so take a chill pill!)

(1) (Reply)

PDP Denounce Claims Amaechi Is Considered For Cabinet / Buhari Daughter Zahra Get New Appointment As Charity Ambassador / Disastrous State Of Maryland/ikorodu Road :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.