Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Disastrous State Of Maryland/ikorodu Road ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disastrous State Of Maryland/ikorodu Road ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: (1420 Views)

Ikorodu Road After Rain Last Night (photos) / See The Disastrous State Of A Popular Bridge Between Kano-kaduna Road [photos] / Oyibo Man Enters LASTMA Bike To Beat Traffic On Ikorodu Road [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disastrous State Of Maryland/ikorodu Road ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by magicminister: 1:15am On Sep 10, 2015
This is an appeal to the lagos state government and all relevant authorities to please fix the ikorodu/maryland road and work on the drainage system,
Whenever it rains, it becomes impossible to make out the road from the pavement .

Infact, at a poiny I was scared cos it felt like I was stuck in a flowing river.

Re: Disastrous State Of Maryland/ikorodu Road ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by majamajic(m): 1:35am On Sep 10, 2015
The problem is not always with the govt, we keep blocking the drainage systems with wastes.

1 Like

Re: Disastrous State Of Maryland/ikorodu Road ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 2:21am On Sep 10, 2015
Body Language will respond to that

Next grin grin person

3 Likes

Re: Disastrous State Of Maryland/ikorodu Road ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Kenzico(m): 2:51am On Sep 10, 2015
Hope ambode is taking notes?
Re: Disastrous State Of Maryland/ikorodu Road ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by rdokoye: 2:54am On Sep 10, 2015
majamajic:
The problem is not always with the govt, we keep blocking the drainage systems with wastes.

Why doesn't the government build modern drainage systems that can't be so easily blocked with waste?
Re: Disastrous State Of Maryland/ikorodu Road ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by majamajic(m): 3:01am On Sep 10, 2015
rdokoye:

Why doesn't the government build modern drainage systems that can't be so easily blocked with waste?

we have to be modernized too, and make good use of the little govt provide for us.

2 Likes

Re: Disastrous State Of Maryland/ikorodu Road ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 4:28am On Sep 10, 2015
majamajic:

we have to be modernized too, and make good use of the little govt provide for us.
the government has provided little to nothing. On the other hand, with effective waste management system I dont see people throwing their trash into the drainage
Re: Disastrous State Of Maryland/ikorodu Road ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by PAINGAIN: 6:24am On Sep 10, 2015
woodcook:
the government has provided little to nothing. On the other hand, with effective waste management system I dont see people throwing their trash into the drainage
I was about to say that. U r so on point. In south africa u see trash can in every one or two blocks so u have no reason to throw something on d streets and every night around 11pm or so u workers sweeping d streets and later d waste management trucks would come and empty d trash baskets and collect the waste in there. When u get out d next morning d streets r clean again. I don't know why our govt can't do anything right in nigeria for once.
Re: Disastrous State Of Maryland/ikorodu Road ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by bigass(f): 6:32am On Sep 10, 2015
Dont blame the government alone blame the people
Re: Disastrous State Of Maryland/ikorodu Road ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by thexzy(m): 6:56am On Sep 10, 2015
bigass:
Dont blame the government alone blame the people
People'§ mentality about waste management is quite very different. That'§ why we have most of this problems u see today. We all need to be enlightened on how to manage the little waste in our homes first before talking of the OUTSIDE WORLD coz the say CHARITY BEGINS @HOME 1st.
Re: Disastrous State Of Maryland/ikorodu Road ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by magicminister: 8:15am On Sep 10, 2015
majamajic:

I don't think I noticed any OPEN DRAINAGE system on that road.
What im trying to say is that even if there was drainage system, it couldn't have been blocked by tue masses
Re: Disastrous State Of Maryland/ikorodu Road ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by koladebrainiac(m): 8:30am On Sep 10, 2015
GO THERE NOW.. LAGOS STATE ARE WORKING ON THE DRAINAGE AND REHABILITATING THE ROAD

I SAW THEM YESTERDAY
Re: Disastrous State Of Maryland/ikorodu Road ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by magicminister: 8:32am On Sep 10, 2015
koladebrainiac:
GO THERE NOW.. LAGOS STATE ARE WORKING ON THE DRAINAGE AND REHABILITATING THE ROAD

I SAW THEM YESTERDAY

Well, we will see the extent of their work when it rains again
Re: Disastrous State Of Maryland/ikorodu Road ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by koladebrainiac(m): 8:40am On Sep 10, 2015
magicminister:

Well, we will see the extent of their work when it rains again
U WILL SEE...
Re: Disastrous State Of Maryland/ikorodu Road ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by magicminister: 8:43am On Sep 10, 2015
koladebrainiac:

U WILL SEE...

Noooo.... we will see!!

1 Like

Re: Disastrous State Of Maryland/ikorodu Road ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:53am On Sep 10, 2015
rdokoye:

Could you tell us where such modern drainages where people dump wastes in, but don't get blocked have been built?

(1) (Reply)

The Jigawa State Spokesman Says Oil In Bayalsa Belongs To Jegawa State..video / Biafra, Itsekiri And Other Ethnic Nationality / Buhari Extends Loot Recovery To Yar'adua, Obasanjo Era

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.