Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 (57767 Views)

Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) / Caption The Throwback Picture Of Ooni Of Ife 'adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi' / THROW BACK : White Woman Learning How To Wash Cloth From Nigerian Women In 1915 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 27, 2015
I'm sorry, but this picture only shows four black women on wrappers looking into a camera, and the smirk on two of their faces. It further shows a white woman on a gown staring (and smiling?) at those black women. Nothing else.

#I'm sorry, I refuse to buy into the sob story of "racism", and the laughable suggestion that they were being taught how to wash clothes. Till Jesus comes, I will maintain my objectivity.

cheesy
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by AAinEqGuinea: 4:46pm On Jul 27, 2015
So I decided to look into the issue with a white professor and another white student from my department looking to help expand local research of Malaria in Tanzania.

During our briefing of the trip the professor pointed out he and the white student had nothing to worry about as they (their whiteness) are seen like gods there shocked wow, slavery inferiority complex

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by garokabir: 4:49pm On Jul 27, 2015
I smell lies
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by olafuyiolatunji(m): 4:53pm On Jul 27, 2015
[color=#000099][/color] mehn I thank Jah I wasn't born at dat tym

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by 5minsmadness: 4:55pm On Jul 27, 2015
darkenedrebel:

like serious Nairaland is dying..

if I had a son that misbehaved - I'd make him read the thrashy front page topics on NL as punishment... ✘
. Bwahahahhahahahahahahaha! grin

But honestly I didnt get the racism either
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 27, 2015
thank JGod for civilization.

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by tegsycodelover(m): 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2015
That was then but now our black dudes are seriously bleeping all these white hoes
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by mightyokwy(m): 5:05pm On Jul 27, 2015
INTROVERT:
so they had not been washing clothes since before then
Abeg follow me ask them o. But let me ask o, do u comment bfo the OP post his tread
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by Xzevian(m): 5:10pm On Jul 27, 2015
Bloody racist. See my signature for your granite needs
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 27, 2015
Nigerians are becoming obsessed with meaningless things and ignoring those that matter. Go and fix the filthy environment first before telling me something about how your ancestors were treated in the past. angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by Abbey2sam(m): 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2015
how can you tag this harmless picture as racism
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by XXCASH: 5:14pm On Jul 27, 2015
Did the word even exist in 1915. I mean in the context we apply it today.
Because oyinbo tell us say we get rights that's why everything now na racism.
Abeg leave talk, in our minds we are equal humans when we behave like cows in black africa.

2 Likes

Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by no2fuks(m): 5:15pm On Jul 27, 2015
donholy28:
I think its d Nigerian women that's teaching d oyibo woman how to wash clothes... cause d instruments used are Nigerian

instruments huh? we are not too far off since then.

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by no2fuks(m): 5:17pm On Jul 27, 2015
HAH:
And there was London underground even in the 1890's yet our people don't know how to wash in 1915, no wonder they call us dark continent.

Honestly if not because of white people african will still be wearing leaves and skin as clothe
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by anonimi: 5:35pm On Jul 27, 2015
yusaze:
The popular Titcombe College was named for the reverend and they also set the foundation for the ECWA Hospital, Egbe, one of the biggest Christian hospitals in Kogi State.

Can we compare with our home grown pastor-preneurs

No wonder our pale-skinned fellow homo sapiens remain "superior" to us.

The hand that gives is always higher than the hand that receives

May we black people not forever remain BEGGARS to other races- Amen!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 27, 2015
Eyop:
@ datalossvictim1, come and see your people cheesy cheesy

Are you white? If no then you should be even more ashamed for finding this funny angry

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by Eyop: 5:43pm On Jul 27, 2015
datalossvictim1:

Are you white? If no then you should be even more ashamed for finding this funny angry

angry sad
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by Atlantian: 5:51pm On Jul 27, 2015
And till this moment, most people in that state, still dont know how to wash.
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 27, 2015
Eyop:

angry sad

angry angry what?
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by musicwriter(m): 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2015
INTROVERT:

Good question!.

This's the type of images that have been used by white people to bombard the psych of black people for ages. Probably, also taught in school that whiteman told us how to wash cloth.

There are so many lies like that, including:-

1. That Mongo Park discovered the river Niger, when in reality Gambians and Malian fishermen have been fishing along the river before Mongo Park was born.
2. That Adam and Eve, Abraham, Jesus were whites, when in reality they were blacks.
3. That whiteman was better than us before their arrival, when in reality there were no significant different between Europe and Africa when they made contact with us.
e.t.c..

The goal of this sort of image, which unfortunately, is littered in our school curriculum is to make us look foolish, i.e to think of ourselves as foolish people who didn't even know how to wash cloth, when in reality those ladies have always watched their cloth before they ever saw a whiteman.

This's the same reason someone like the Imo state governor, Rochas Okorocha will have a handshake with Obama in Washington DC and use it as a billboard. I call it elite brainwashing.

What is elite brainwashing?.

Elite brainwashing, the last stage of mental slavery http://www.africason.com/2015/05/elite-brainwashing-last-stage-of-mental.html

I wish I have the resources pretty soon to open our eyes.

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by scholes0(m): 6:10pm On Jul 27, 2015
nedu2000:
but thw whites that discovered linen,silk,cotton for Africans would obviously 'ave taught u how to maintain them now,before the arrival of the whites what do you think our ancestors were wearing?

LOL...lies
Cotton was grown in Egypt and Sudan thousands of years before any white man even knew what it was...
Silk was discovered in the far east, from Silkworms..... China to be precise.
While linen was discovered in the fertile crescent of the Middle East.

Keep make false claims there.....

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by Angelou(m): 6:21pm On Jul 27, 2015
HAH:
And there was London underground even in the 1890's yet our people don't know how to wash in 1915, no wonder they call us dark continent.

Honestly if not because of white people african will still be wearing leaves and skin as clothe
and i bet that you're still waiting for the white man to come and bestow u with sense.. Because your post is obviously as senseless as you are

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by ruggedtimi(m): 6:29pm On Jul 27, 2015
so whts racism here..
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by galadima77(m): 6:41pm On Jul 27, 2015
INTROVERT:

OP you're not being entirely sincere ooo, looks more like they're working for that white lady

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by HAH: 6:48pm On Jul 27, 2015
Angelou:
and i bet that you're still waiting for the white man to come and bestow u with sense.. Because your post is obviously as senseless as you are

You bastards son of a prostitute, you are obviously a product of leaked condom to say those thrash at me.

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 27, 2015
Hmm......... No
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by no2fuks(m): 6:57pm On Jul 27, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:
This still happens..

As an AA during my studies in the US I went to a seminar from the Catholic Relief Services looking for a NGO to help me volunteer in Africa. They played a video highlighting the orgs work in southern Africa. In the video they highlighted similar images to op's picture.

I was ready to walk out of that propaganda honey pot once i heard an African lady gleefully proclaim to the camera, "we would have never thought of this on our own". angry the missionaries "helped" create a simple barter system in their village and that makes them Christ angry I never returned

who send you message why you no go meet your african brothers & sisters in the us to sponsor you?
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by otiigba1(m): 6:57pm On Jul 27, 2015
HAH:

yes! And they would have been okay! africans are still! slaves (worships)to white people even in 2015, only they (africans)are not aware of it, because if ignorance
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by otiigba1(m): 7:03pm On Jul 27, 2015
Angelou:
Honestly! That person is the biggest idi'ot angry those are the sort of people that will lick a white man's ass just to belong
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by excel4us: 7:12pm On Jul 27, 2015
ODİ EGWU REALY!
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by AAinEqGuinea: 7:16pm On Jul 27, 2015
no2fuks:

who send you message why you no go meet your african brothers & sisters in the us to sponsor you?
many of them are too busy being brainwashed and blind too. So I decided to go to a Camerounian polytech with an old college friend only. I'm no longer waiting on the pathetically blind to have broader vision.
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by keandre: 7:20pm On Jul 27, 2015
Field Biiitchez

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Video Of Olu Of Warri Playing Basketball / A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). / 10 Most Bizarre Nigerian Myths (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.