Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. (4591 Views)

Lets Start A Real Web-deveopment Course Here Html+css+javascript+php+mysql / Why Javascript Is The Best Programing Language / Were Can I Download Free Video Tutorials On Javascript Or Ruby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. by danvery2k6(m): 7:29am On Aug 06, 2015
Nickzom:

It removes the non numeric on computation. I made it that way on purpose.
Thanks for discovering anyway but a user can easily make mistakes so I filter the non numericals during computation. You can try it out and see.

Tried this this morning. Can you just reject input that contains non numerics?

I'm not an expert in the field, you can ignore my opinion

Re: Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. by ekeroyal(m): 9:56am On Aug 06, 2015
Clean job Nickzom. Please can you share link to what resources you use?
Re: Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 06, 2015
danvery2k6:

Tried this this morning. Can you just reject input that contains non numerics?

I'm not an expert in the field, you can ignore my opinion

Thanks a lot bro!!

You exposed something for me just now. I will definitely work on that. I didn't test an alphabet before a number.
Nice observation brother!!
I am grateful.

As for your question - yes you can but it is not professional and nice too. You can just write a little code for exception handling and alert the user to just input a number when an alphanumeric is entered.

1 Like

Re: Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 06, 2015
ekeroyal:
Clean job Nickzom. Please can you share link to what resources you use?

Please clarify me on what you mean by resources.
Re: Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. by timotew: 11:48pm On Aug 06, 2015
Nickzom:
When I learnt JavaScript back in 2013, Everybody were telling me it is just a script language - client sided and cannot be used to write heavy applications.

Guess what I proved all of them wrong and I am kinda rocking on it in building all my web applications. I built my website from scratch and believe me my website is totally a HEAVY application. Instead of using java to create applets to integrate into my php. I used JavaScript all through.

Not only did it make my web application more effective and reliable, it made it super fast.

My web application does calculations and shows the steps in a very unique way.

Thanks to JavaScript, I thought you programmers should know.

You can see my work at www.nickzom.com

Have a nice day!

Great production but your site will have a huge disadvantage when it come to SEO because crawlers always disable javascript to avoid being hacked.
Re: Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. by ekeroyal(m): 8:15pm On Aug 07, 2015
Nickzom:

Please clarify me on what you mean by resources.
For tutorials I mean, besides codacademy.
Re: Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 13, 2015
ekeroyal:

For tutorials I mean, besides codacademy.
OK I bought some coding ebooks - soft and hard copy. I also made use of stack overflow.

Internet and world wide web by Deitel is the major book I use.

1 Like

Re: Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. by bestiyke(m): 1:54pm On Aug 13, 2015
Nickzom:

It removes the non numeric on computation. I made it that way on purpose.

Thanks for discovering anyway but a user can easily make mistakes so I filter the non numericals during computation. You can try it out and see.
This is a greate work. Congrat!!! I still sujest that you input field to display when alph is input. It filter when number is input first, not when alphabet is input first. I sujest either u make it to reject alphs from input or it will display an error message 'You enter wrong values. Enter only number and not letters in the field' after executing. Once again you'r too much. If their should be a seperate device built seperately for this app, it will make a greate calculator. Cudos!
Re: Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. by ekeroyal(m): 12:22am On Aug 14, 2015
Nickzom:

OK I bought some coding ebooks - soft and hard copy. I also made use of stack overflow.

Internet and world wide web by Deitel is the major book I use.

Ok bro, thanks.
Re: Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. by UCHEUKAGWU(m): 8:52am On Aug 14, 2015
Nickzom:
When I learnt JavaScript back in 2013, Everybody were telling me it is just a script language - client sided and cannot be used to write heavy applications.

Guess what I proved all of them wrong and I am kinda rocking on it in building all my web applications. I built my website from scratch and believe me my website is totally a HEAVY application. Instead of using java to create applets to integrate into my php. I used JavaScript all through.

Not only did it make my web application more effective and reliable, it made it super fast.

Have a nice day!

Your work inspired me to take JavaScript very serious. Good one.
Re: Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. by micodon(m): 10:17am On Aug 14, 2015
Nickzom:

Have a nice day!
Re: Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. by micodon(m): 10:20am On Aug 14, 2015
Nickzom:

Have a nice day!

No matter how powerful it is, it is still a scripting language like Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, Lua and the likes.
Calling it a scripting language does not diminish its power, it just tells the world how it is executed -- BY BEING INTERPRETED.
Re: Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. by maekhel(m): 4:08pm On Aug 14, 2015
micodon:

No matter how powerful it is, it is still a scripting language like Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, Lua and the likes.
Calling it a scripting language does not diminish its power, it just tells the world how it is executed -- BY BEING INTERPRETED.
So?
Re: Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. by micodon(m): 1:37am On Aug 15, 2015
maekhel:
So?
So, saying JavaScript is more than a scripting language is wrong
Re: Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. by Nobody: 5:25am On Aug 15, 2015
micodon:

So, saying JavaScript is more than a scripting language is wrong

I understand you brother! But you must know this. When JavaScript was created it was created to be a script language but as of now it can be used to perform way more function than a script. For instance during its creation no one thought for ones it could be used to code up a relational database but now you can effectively make use of JavaScript to do that.
This is just one instance there are so many new features embedded into JavaScript every now and then.
Hope you understand brother
Re: Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. by micodon(m): 8:17am On Aug 15, 2015
Nickzom:

I understand you brother! But you must know this. When JavaScript was created it was created to be a script language but as of now it can be used to perform way more function than a script. For instance during its creation no one thought for ones it could be used to code up a relational database but now you can effectively make use of JavaScript to do that.
This is just one instance there are so many new features embedded into JavaScript every now and then.
Hope you understand brother

Like I have said, a scripting language is defined NOT by its functionalities, but by the way its executed. scripting Languages are called 'scripting' cos they are interpreted.

Python, PHP, Ruby can all connect to database systems....They Re scripting languages. It's the same
principle with javascript?.

For example, When you write a c++ app, you have to precompile it before you can run it. But when you write a JavaScript app, say a nodejs app, you just drop it in, call the script and nodejs with its V8 engine reads through the script and interprets the script to the machine.

AGAIN, SCRIPTING LANGUAGES ARE CALLED SO COS THEY ARE DESIGNED TO BE INTERPRETED.
Re: Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. by akinsondan: 10:33am On Aug 15, 2015
Nickzom:

Have a nice day!
am really interested in javascript...hoping may b u could help me with it alittle thanks..
Re: Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 15, 2015
micodon:

Like I have said, a scripting language is defined NOT by its functionalities, but by the way its executed. scripting Languages are called 'scripting' cos they are interpreted.

Python, PHP, Ruby can all connect to database systems....They Re scripting languages. It's the same
principle with javascript?.

For example, When you write a c++ app, you have to precompile it before you can run it. But when you write a JavaScript app, say a nodejs app, you just drop it in, call the script and nodejs with its V8 engine reads through the script and interprets the script to the machine.

AGAIN, SCRIPTING LANGUAGES ARE CALLED SO COS THEY ARE DESIGNED TO BE INTERPRETED.

I agree with you mehn but you still do not understand what I am saying.
I am saying that JavaScript is not meant to be used to just help make a website dynamic but it can also be used in the development of intense softwares and web applications. That's all I am saying. I am not saying it is not a script. We all know it is a script. It is even on the name javaSCRIPT.
Re: Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. by micodon(m): 12:14pm On Aug 15, 2015
Nickzom:

I agree with you mehn but you still do not understand what I am saying.
I am saying that JavaScript is not meant to be used to just help make a website dynamic but it can also be used in the development of intense softwares and web applications. That's all I am saying. I am not saying it is not a script. We all know it is a script. It is even on the name javaSCRIPT.

Take a look at the topic..and you'll understand why I'm still talking
Re: Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 15, 2015
Na wa o
Re: Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. by Olumyco(m): 6:07pm On Aug 15, 2015
JavaScript again! JavaScript again! The most misunderstood, very subtle programming language in d World.
As for Scripting lang. Micodon u r correct but alot av changed with hw JavaScript is implemented today.
For ur info JavaScript is now being compiled at runtime with a principle known as Just-In-Time(JIT) Compilation. Most JavaScript Engines in our browsers, servers and so on now do JIT Compilation. That is, JavaScript codes are compiled to native machine codes at runtime.
We av different JavaScript Engine - V8, Rhino, Spidermonkey, SquirrelFish Extreme (SFX), Chakra etc.

V8 JavaScript Engine
This engine runs inside Chrome browser, Nodejs. It does JIT Compilation. It executes JavaScript code by compiling it to native machine code at runtime. This is d reason why it is very fast and ur Google Chrome is rated high as d fastest browser though can be challenged by Safari which run SFX.

Rhino
Rhino runs in Rhino Shell and also used for server - side JavaScript. This Engine first compiles to bytecode an intermediate code just like Java Virtual Machine (JVM) after which d JIT part of d engine execute d bytecode by compiling it native machine code at runtime.

Spidermonkey
This which came from thesame source as Rhino, Mozilla also does JIT compilation. Same as Rhino. It runs inside Firefox browser, Adobe softwares etc.

SquirelFish Extreme (marketed as Nitro, formerly JavaScriptCore)
It runs in Safari and Apple products. It does JIT Compilation. It compiles JavaScript code to native machine code at runtime.

It all continues like that.......... you can research more on JIT Compilers. That is where life is now. Even Java, .net Framework lang etc av woken up to JIT compilation issue. JIT Compilation helps programming lang to still maintain that 'Java Paradigm' Write Once Run Anywhere (WORA)
Pls don't forget to implement ur Programming Language based on JIT Compilation if u eventually develop one.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. by micodon(m): 7:34pm On Aug 15, 2015
Olumyco:
JavaScript again! JavaScript again! The most misunderstood, very subtle programming language in d World.
As for Scripting lang. Micodon u r correct but alot av changed with hw JavaScript is implemented today.
For ur info JavaScript is now being compiled at runtime with a principle known as Just-In-Time(JIT) Compilation. Most JavaScript Engines in our browsers, servers and so on now do JIT Compilation. That is, JavaScript codes are compiled to native machine codes at runtime.
We av different JavaScript Engine - V8, Rhino, Spidermonkey, SquirrelFish Extreme (SFX), Chakra etc.

V8 JavaScript Engine
This engine runs inside Chrome browser, Nodejs. It does JIT Compilation. It executes JavaScript code by compiling it to native machine code at runtime. This is d reason why it is very fast and ur Google Chrome is rated high as d fastest browser though can be challenged by Safari which run SFX.

Rhino
Rhino runs in Rhino Shell and also used for server - side JavaScript. This Engine first compiles to bytecode an intermediate code just like Java Virtual Machine (JVM) after which d JIT part of d engine execute d bytecode by compiling it native machine code at runtime.

Spidermonkey
This which came from thesame source as Rhino, Mozilla also does JIT compilation. Same as Rhino. It runs inside Firefox browser, Adobe softwares etc.

SquirelFish Extreme (marketed as Nitro, formerly JavaScriptCore)
It runs in Safari and Apple products. It does JIT Compilation. It compiles JavaScript code to native machine code at runtime.

It all continues like that.......... you can research more on JIT Compilers. That is where life is now. Even Java, .net Framework lang etc av woken up to JIT compilation issue. JIT Compilation helps programming lang to still maintain that 'Java Paradigm' Write Once Run Anywhere (WORA)
Pls don't forget to implement ur Programming Language based on JIT Compilation if u eventually develop one.
Thanks.

i knew someone was gonna bring up JIT. JIT does not mean that the language is no longer a scripting language. You are still misunderstanding the concept of Interpretation.

First Know that technically speaking, every language has to be compiled to machine language at a particular point in time.

What is JIT for? JIT is to improve performance.

Imagine life without JIT. Imagine SCRIPT A. Imagine it is to be executed for every request to your server. Now, what if there are 10 million users in 5 seconds? Would it be efficient for the Javascript engine to interpret this same script 10 million times in 5 seconds? NOOOOOO? That's a performance bottleneck. THAT'S WHAT JIT IS MEANT TO REMOVE. Instead of interpreting this script 10 million times, the JIT compiler gets it and INTERPRETS IT ONCE and THEN STORES THE INTERPRETED CODE (call it the compiled code) IN SHARED MEMORY. Now, for other subsequent requests, the Language runtime checks if the requested script has been compiled and saved. if, yes, It executes the already compiled file. If NO, it fetches the script and sends to the JIT compiler to do its job, then it executes.

If you look under the hood. turn restart your system, you'll see that the script will be JIT compiled again.

The main point is: IT IS STILL INTERPRETED BY THE JIT COMPILER. As long as it is not precompiled like languages like Java, C++, etc....it is a SCRIPTING LANGUAGE.

PHP 7 has a JIT compiler..PHP is still a scripting language
HHVM has a JIT compiler...PHP is still a scripting language.
Python compiles its scripts to .pyc files and stores on disk...Python is still a scripting language.

same with javascript. JavaScript remains a scripting language

Languages can be broadly classified into two: Compiled and Interpreted.
JavaScript, PHP, Python, Ruby, etc fall under Interpreted Languages...That's why they are called scripting languages. They are not precompiled by the developer.
Re: Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. by micodon(m): 8:08pm On Aug 15, 2015
Another argument that some may give is that scripting languages are the ones that are domain specific and give instructions to their hosts within their domain.

This is reasonable. Javascript instructs its host (the web browser or web server what to do). it can't give a command outside of its domain, say access the windows registry cos that's outside its host's powers. thus, the need for a runtime.

PHP too...it instructs the web server.

But the other class of languages like c, c++, java etc...are not domain limited. They can do anything with your system.

It's more technical with Python and Ruby..trying to explain would start a world war.
Re: Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. by Olumyco(m): 1:06am On Aug 16, 2015
micodon:

i knew someone was gonna bring up JIT. JIT does not mean that the language is no longer a scripting language. You are still misunderstanding the concept of Interpretation.

First Know that technically speaking, every language has to be compiled to machine language at a particular point in time.

What is JIT for? JIT is to improve performance.

Imagine life without JIT. Imagine SCRIPT A. Imagine it is to be executed for every request to your server. Now, what if there are 10 million users in 5 seconds? Would it be efficient for the Javascript engine to interpret this same script 10 million times in 5 seconds? NOOOOOO? That's a performance bottleneck. THAT'S WHAT JIT IS MEANT TO REMOVE. Instead of interpreting this script 10 million times, the JIT compiler gets it and INTERPRETS IT ONCE and THEN STORES THE INTERPRETED CODE (call it the compiled code) IN SHARED MEMORY. Now, for other subsequent requests, the Language runtime checks if the requested script has been compiled and saved. if, yes, It executes the already compiled file. If NO, it fetches the script and sends to the JIT compiler to do its job, then it executes.

If you look under the hood. turn restart your system, you'll see that the script will be JIT compiled again.

The main point is: IT IS STILL INTERPRETED BY THE JIT COMPILER. As long as it is not precompiled like languages like Java, C++, etc....it is a SCRIPTING LANGUAGE.

PHP 7 has a JIT compiler..PHP is still a scripting language
HHVM has a JIT compiler...PHP is still a scripting language.
Python compiles its scripts to .pyc files and stores on disk...Python is still a scripting language.

same with javascript. JavaScript remains a scripting language

Languages can be broadly classified into two: Compiled and Interpreted.
JavaScript, PHP, Python, Ruby, etc fall under Interpreted Languages...That's why they are called scripting languages. They are not precompiled by the developer.

Thanks for the response. Very Informative.
But I disagree with u on d following statements.

1. That all programming Languages compile to machine code at one point or the other.

2. That JIT Compiler interprets machine code.

3. That we av just Two categories of lang (Interpreted & Compiled).

.......... ................ .................
In today's programming I want you to know that any language can be compiled or Interpreted. Your compiler / interpreter dictates dis. Anyway by default specification by d creator of d language he may choose to implement the language by interpretation or compilation. But that does not stop anyone from building his own compiler or interpreter for the language. It may interest u to know dat C++ can compile to JavaScript. Infact there is even a compiler for it. U can check it out. Interpreter too can be developed for any language. Rhino compiles JavaScript to byte code which is then interpreted just as Java/JVM.

See, Programming World is so dynamic and sometimes might b confusing especially with choice of of words (Terminologies).

Now it seems I will av to clarify what is meant by compilation and Interpretation.
Compilation simply involves translation or changing of one code to another code. You can change a source code to machine code (Bit) or to byte code or to another's programming language source code.

Interpretation simply involves parsing of code without changing the code to another code or to machine code. You can parse (interpret) source code, byte code, threaded code but not machine code. Why would u need to parse a language that itself is the machine language? No.
Mind u I still agree that the source code is converted to machine language . That is, interpreted to machine code. But to put it beta I want to say an Interpreter reads/parses d instruction and then call native machine code to actualize the instructions. That is, it talks to the native machine code to execute the instruction (source code). It is Neva transformed.

Back to those statements
1. It is wrong to put it that way. If I don't compile the source code to machine lang wit a compiler, then hw can I av it in native code? Interpreter parses or d so called converts source code to machine code.
"to compile" is different from "to convert". Pls note.

2. JIT Compilers do not interpret machine code. Hw can u interpret native CPU code?
I agree that it does interpret but dat is still source code. JIT at runtime for the first time interprets the source code as a normal interpreter and at the same time compiles the functions of the code to native machine code. After 2, 3 , 4 times d compiler begins to run the functions from d already stored CPU code. You already said dis but note dat compiled code is different from interpreted code.

3. If u say we av Compiled Languages and Interpreted Languages, under which language would u classify Java and C#?
Also on d issue of JIT Compilers, are they Compilers or Interpreters?
I do not dispute d fact dat they are embedded inside Interpreters but based on how they operate are dey compilers or interpreters. Infact anything can b put inside an interpreter/compiler.

Ur answers to these questions should help maintain a balance on d contending subject.

Thanks
Re: Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. by jibolash: 3:13am On Aug 16, 2015
The way the OP phrased his post has made many people who haven't toyed with Javascript on the server side before to misunderstand him.

Using Javascript on the server side is done with NodeJS as some people have already mentioned. Basically the syntax is still Javascript but the environment is quite different. @Nickzom Are you using a NodeJS framework or is it just pure node?

I have built a couple of full stack Javascript apps using the MEAN (MongoDB, ExpressJS, AngularJS, NodeJS) stack. You can check them out here http://andela-asogbein.github.io/andebooksclient and here http://andela-ssunday.github.io/tangong/.

Both projects are on my github. My username is andela-asogbein
Re: Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. by Nobody: 5:04am On Aug 16, 2015
^^that is good, keep up the good work.
Re: Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. by micodon(m): 8:45am On Aug 16, 2015
Olumyco:

Thanks for the response. Very Informative.
But I disagree with u on d following statements.

1. That all programming Languages compile to machine code at one point or the other.

2. That JIT Compiler interprets machine code.

3. That we av just Two categories of lang (Interpreted & Compiled).

.......... ................ .................
In today's programming I want you to know that any language can be compiled or Interpreted. Your compiler / interpreter dictates dis. Anyway by default specification by d creator of d language he may choose to implement the language by interpretation or compilation. But that does not stop anyone from building his own compiler or interpreter for the language. It may interest u to know dat C++ can compile to JavaScript. Infact there is even a compiler for it. U can check it out. Interpreter too can be developed for any language. Rhino compiles JavaScript to byte code which is then interpreted just as Java/JVM.

See, Programming World is so dynamic and sometimes might b confusing especially with choice of of words (Terminologies).

Now it seems I will av to clarify what is meant by compilation and Interpretation.
Compilation simply involves translation or changing of one code to another code. You can change a source code to machine code (Bit) or to byte code or to another's programming language source code.

Interpretation simply involves parsing of code without changing the code to another code or to machine code. You can parse (interpret) source code, byte code, threaded code but not machine code. Why would u need to parse a language that itself is the machine language? No.
Mind u I still agree that the source code is converted to machine language . That is, interpreted to machine code. But to put it beta I want to say an Interpreter reads/parses d instruction and then call native machine code to actualize the instructions. That is, it talks to the native machine code to execute the instruction (source code). It is Neva transformed.

Back to those statements
1. It is wrong to put it that way. If I don't compile the source code to machine lang wit a compiler, then hw can I av it in native code? Interpreter parses or d so called converts source code to machine code.
"to compile" is different from "to convert". Pls note.

2. JIT Compilers do not interpret machine code. Hw can u interpret native CPU code?
I agree that it does interpret but dat is still source code. JIT at runtime for the first time interprets the source code as a normal interpreter and at the same time compiles the functions of the code to native machine code. After 2, 3 , 4 times d compiler begins to run the functions from d already stored CPU code. You already said dis but note dat compiled code is different from interpreted code.

3. If u say we av Compiled Languages and Interpreted Languages, under which language would u classify Java and C#?
Also on d issue of JIT Compilers, are they Compilers or Interpreters?
I do not dispute d fact dat they are embedded inside Interpreters but based on how they operate are dey compilers or interpreters. Infact anything can b put inside an interpreter/compiler.

Ur answers to these questions should help maintain a balance on d contending subject.

Thanks

1. Never did I say that that JIT compilers interprets Machine code. don't misquote me. The Interpretation is done on your Script, your source code. The JavaScript JIT compiler translates your script into bytecode which is just a map of tokens (created by the lexical analyzer) to their equivalent Javascript's bytecode. At the end of The JavaScript's Jit compiler's process, It's bytecode's interpreter transpiles, or translates or compiles it to Native Code for the machine to understand. That's the point. At one point in time, your script has to be presented to your machine in its native code for it to run.

2. Java and C# are compiled languages. THEY ARE PRECOMPILED BY THE PROGRAMMER BROS. Take note of that point. Java to JavaByte code, which is understood by the JVM. C# to MSIL.

3. JIT compilers are just compilers. The Language runtime may have lexical analyzer, parser, interpreter, and the compiler. They work together. Much of your problems come from the fact that you think that interpreters are compilers. they are not.

4. I said languages are BROADLY CLASSIFIED INTO TWO. Understand that language.
Re: Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 16, 2015
Corecta! and JIT compilers stands for Just-In-time Compilers.
And to quote someone on stackoverflow:

A JIT compiler runs after the program has started and compiles the code (usually bytecode or some kind of VM instructions) on the fly (or just-in-time, as it's called) into a form that's usually faster, typically the host CPU's native instruction set. A JIT has access to dynamic runtime information whereas a standard compiler doesn't and can make better optimizations like inlining functions that are used frequently.

This is in contrast to a traditional compiler that compiles all the code to machine language before the program is first run.

To paraphrase, conventional compilers build the whole program as an EXE file BEFORE the first time you run it. For newer style programs, an assembly is generated with pseudocode (p-code). Only AFTER you execute the program on the OS (e.g., by double-clicking on its icon) will the (JIT) compiler kick in and generate machine code (m-code) that the Intel-based processor or whatever will understand.
Source: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/95635/what-does-a-just-in-time-jit-compiler-do
Re: Javascript Is Very Very Powerful, It's Not Just Script. by jibolash: 2:15pm On Aug 16, 2015
dhtml18:
^^that is good, keep up the good work.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Remita Integration / Appointment Scheduler In Asp / Financial Modeling With Excel Material Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.