Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,877 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba (31726 Views)

Arrest Nnamdi Kanu Now – Yoruba Youth Groups Tell Osinbajo / Some Nigerians Call Me Baba Go Slow - President Buhari (VIDEO) / Bloomberg - US Think Tank Calls Buhari "Baba Go Slow" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by Hawlahscho(m): 2:38pm On Jul 27, 2015
echelons:
This is what we get when we choose NEPA Bill over PhD certificate.

No policy direction, crumbling economy (The value of Naira went from around 200 to a dollar to 240 within 2 months - unprecedented! ), inarticulate responses to key national issues, reckless statements capable of breeding disunity especially now that we all need to work together, No government in place, went to the US and came back with virtually nothing - no agenda was discussed or made known to us.

It's very unfortunate because those that are supposed to be concerned are those singing his praise.

I'm worried not because I have any political interest rather because the small amount of money I have in my bank has lost nearly 30% of its value in just 2 months.

We all should be worried and stop this stupid praise - singing because it doesn't bring any good to us.

Just like we were united in calling it quits with PDP, we should all also unite to tell President Buhari to move his asss and get to work.

We really don't need Slow and Steady now..especially not a Baba Go slow.

HATERS @WORK. Meanwhile,

Dive on concrete floor for all our president cares. cool
Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 27, 2015

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by damyzino(m): 2:46pm On Jul 27, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by GreenT: 2:55pm On Jul 27, 2015
HungerBAD:
I don't know about the ‘Baba Go Slow’ thing.

But i do know that this man should stop smoking whatever he is smoking. Buhari, is gradually changing Nigeria, one day at a time and so far we can visibly see the changes, sweeping through the country.

We will get there.

Oba Fredrick Obateru Akinruntan, aside being the head of a funny sect(Church), it is common knowledge that you are a TOP Ogboni Man,so let us stick to your church,personal and Ogboni business. Do not attempt to be an Historian too.

Everybody seems to be claiming the Yoruba's came from them.

The Benin's claim the Yoruba's are from there, Ile-Ife says Yoruba started from there, Alafin of OYO says the Yoruba started from his Kingdom, Soun of Ogbomosho too, and now your small country side community is claiming that too?Maybe the Yoruba's really need to tell us where they come from.

Yoruba people can trace their origin to SUDAN, no man fall from heaven.......

2 Likes

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by Utchman1: 2:56pm On Jul 27, 2015
As for me and my house we will follow Baba Go Slow
Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 27, 2015
Nonsense!!!!!!!

Who ask for your life story?

Buhari is a good person because you are achieving a lot from His tribalism administration.

Yoruba's are complaining about buhari and you are there twisting rubbish.

1 Like

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by Heluwajohnson(m): 2:58pm On Jul 27, 2015
Taylor86:
And u think we dnt know y such befitting title is given to him?

dnt even know wen the Yorubas will have a say of theirs

always backing up

u guys are supposed to be paving way to succeed buhari or better still become the no.1 naija citizen

are u guys meant to serve?

SS/SE, NORTH, and the middle belts are all craving to become the president of naija

una dey backup a destined and born DULLARDIHNO

u better dnt quote me

my phone go soon off
HATERS GONA HATE
Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by Ralphlauren(m): 3:00pm On Jul 27, 2015
these guys are nothing but glorified 'baales'.

i trust the 1st class Obas - Oba of Lagos, Awujale, Alaafin not to say such trash as these glorified baales.

1 Like

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by prof12(m): 3:02pm On Jul 27, 2015
echelons:
This is what we get when we choose NEPA Bill over PhD certificate.

No policy direction, crumbling economy (The value of Naira went from around 200 to a dollar to 240 within 2 months - unprecedented! ), inarticulate responses to key national issues, reckless statements capable of breeding disunity especially now that we all need to work together, No government in place, went to the US and came back with virtually nothing - no agenda was discussed or made known to us.

It's very unfortunate because those that are supposed to be concerned are those singing his praise.

I'm worried not because I have any political interest rather because the small amount of money I have in my bank has lost nearly 30% of its value in just 2 months.

We all should be worried and stop this stupid praise - singing because it doesn't bring any good to us.

Just like we were united in calling it quits with PDP, we should all also unite to tell President Buhari to move his asss and get to work.

We really don't need Slow and Steady now..especially not a Baba Go slow.

It's been long I came across a first graded fool like you.
Who crumbled the economy?
Who made the value of the naira to depreciate? Who is responsible for all the insecurity in the nation? these and many more
You wailing wailers opened your fucking eyes and blocked your ears when Jonathan was busy destroying the nation and you all kept quiet because he his a Southerner and or a non-muslim.
Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 27, 2015
kenedy175:

For otondo
Hmmmmmmmmm

No comments, just passing-by tongue

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by AreaFada2: 3:08pm On Jul 27, 2015
HungBut i
[[/b:

b]

The Benin's claim the Yoruba's are from there, Ile-Ife says Yoruba started from there, Alafin of OYO says the Yoruba started from his Kingdom, Soun of Ogbomosho too, and now your small country side community is claiming that too?Maybe the Yoruba's really need to tell us where they come from.

You're getting many things wrong. In fact you're mixing things up.

The Benin never claim that Yoruba come from Benin. But I have met dozens of Yoruba who erroneously claim the the reverse.

What the Benin say is that Ododuwa was an exiled Benin prince called Ekaladerhan who upon succeeding to leadership in Ile-Ife exclaimed "Ima de oduwa" roughly meaning " I have not missed my destiny (which was to be a king being born a crown prince) or "I have not missed the path of fortune".
Linguistically, Bini and Yoruba are very different. Whereas Edoid languages Like Bini, Urhobo, Esan, Isoko, Ivbiosakon dialects, Degema, Ososo and Edoid minority languages in Ondo & Bayelsa and so on have noticeable commonalities. The best anthropologists worldwide like Krueger pretty much agree on this.

There is a difference between Yoruba origin and Ododuwa. This should be obvious by now. While Ododuwa organised and centralised power by installing his children in various parts of Yorubaland just about 800 years ago, Yorubas have been in SW Nigeria for at least 3000 years! Lie most people, Yorubas would be a mix of various origins, arriving in several waves.
Heck, how impossible is it that God first created man in Yorubaland? Must everything happen elsewhere?

Even then the concept of a single Yoruba identity is pretty new, 200 years maybe. You were previously Ife, Oyo, Egba, Awori, Owo, Ijebu, and so on.

The people of Eastern Yorubaland like Owo, Akure, Ondo, Ekiti, apart from having substantial Edo population during Benin imperial time, they probably had more influences from Benin than from Oyo or Ife. I have families in Edo and Ondo states, even Ekiti, so Ik now.

Nations have been ruled by foreign Kings since antiquity: Egypt by Ptolemy (Greek), UK by Sachs-Coburg-Gotha from Germany that descendants changed name to Windsor, The Frenchman General Bernadotte's family still rule Sweden. Ex-King of Greece from Denmark/Germany, William the Conqueror from Normandy/France ruled England.

Oranmiyan dynasty still rules in Benin. With all the Ife/Yoruba influences that came with it.

In Benin we just want a scientific and plausible history of Ododuwa. Him coming across Gulf of Aden, across desert North Africa heading into a small village in the rainforest is not plausible. He would have died of mosquito in no time.
Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by Reference(m): 3:09pm On Jul 27, 2015
No one is talking about what is happening in government circles anymore. Even at the highest levels of intellect, it is just attack and defence while the ship drifts wherever the wind blows.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by ndcide(m): 3:10pm On Jul 27, 2015
This is euphemism.
The whole world seem to agree on the "baba go slow" thing.

1 Like

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by honeywealth75(m): 3:13pm On Jul 27, 2015
Taylor86:

always backing up

u guys are supposed to be paving way to succeed buhari or better still become the no.1 naija citizen

SS/SE, NORTH, and the middle belts are all craving to become the president of naija

u better dnt quote me

my phone go soon off
why dont you tell us ur tribe or the ethnic group u came from,as far as am concerned the yourubas have been the most successful Nigerians of all time,our cities states and the number of educated personels can testify to this.

1 Like

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by AreaFada2: 3:18pm On Jul 27, 2015
HungerBAD:

But i do know that this man should stop smoking whatever he is smoking. Buhari, is gradually changing Nigeria, one day at a time and so far we can visibly see the changes, sweeping through the country.

We will get there.

Oba Fredrick Obateru Akinruntan, aside being the head of a funny sect(Church), it is common knowledge that you are a TOP Ogboni Man,so let us stick to your church,personal and Ogboni business. Do not attempt to be an Historian too.

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by Mufasa27(m): 3:19pm On Jul 27, 2015
Yoruba obas; One of the numerous problem we facing in this country.

1 Like

Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by 9jatatafo(m): 3:25pm On Jul 27, 2015
Another king again speaking with both sides of the mouth. Na wa ooo
Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by moneytreeteam: 3:27pm On Jul 27, 2015
Source?
Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 27, 2015
Taylor86:

always backing up

u better dnt quote me

my phone go soon off

A yoruba man just left that seat 2007 after spending 8years. Another yoruba man is the 2nd in command now. No be only us dey naija now..We are not in a rush.

Meanwhile, another yoruba man is the undisputed No.1 politician in the country without whose support I can authoritatively tell you that no Easterner will become the president in the nearest future..

You were saying what exactly??
Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by Mosh1: 3:43pm On Jul 27, 2015
Taylor86:

always backing up

u better dnt quote me

my phone go soon off
Lol....who is supposed to be paving way to succeed Buhari or become No.1 Citizen?I think this is for people that have never won presidential election since inception of this country and living in part of the country that even they cannot live to run their shops turning themselves to homeless Vultures.why did u chose to mock ur people for petes` sake.
Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 27, 2015
my dear Oba buhari caused it all don't blame Nigerians for naming him "Baba go slow". he promised Nigerians that when elected he will keep the ground running, some visionless people agreed to his scam
Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by K9blunt(f): 3:44pm On Jul 27, 2015
Beanscake:
Learnt a new song at church yesterday.

To the tune of 'oh when the saints'...

So then they wailed,
Because they failed,
Oh how they wailed and wailed and wailed,

Oh lord, i dont want to be in that number,

Who will wail till Twenty Nineteen.
Lwkmd, guy you're the maddest guy ever liveth.
Hahhhahahahhahahahah, I wan die walai.
Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 27, 2015
Built2last:
same Obas that endorsed GEJ.
when are are these people going to be reliable?

Foolish Hungry old shameless rapists who call themselves monarchs
Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by goshen26: 3:57pm On Jul 27, 2015
We will get thr one day.....I know I'm d next president of Nigeria, after the next two after Buhari

*quote me n see strange boil on ur head*
Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by Ahmeduana(m): 4:06pm On Jul 27, 2015
Firefire:
Baba Go Slow...
THIS IS COMPLETE HOLD UP!
Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 27, 2015
Buhari's govt will be corrupt in the coming years.His chest beating of persecuting few corrupt enemies is a smokescreen.
Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by alexvatt(m): 4:12pm On Jul 27, 2015
buhari remains the best president ever produced by the country. he agrees that political office holders are overpaid, he understands that if nigeria did not kill corruption, then corruption will kill nigeria. he knows that a president is not suppose to belong to anybody but everybody.
Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by Ayietim(m): 4:19pm On Jul 27, 2015
Are you on the downside of life? That location now is not your destination, it's just a brief stopover. Learn how to get up and move on. Know the secrets.

https://ayietim./2015/07/27/a-stopover-is-not-your-home/.

https://ayietim./2015/07/27/2-secrets-they-know-which-the-rest-of-us-dont-know/
Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by Kenobus: 4:21pm On Jul 27, 2015
HungerBAD:

We will get there.

What kind of changes do we have so far? Buhari has done nothing. There are no changes anywhere. GEJ has done all these things- the Power, Refineries, Security. Look at fuel today, what is changing there is that we are buying fuel for 120 per litre. Security has gone worse. Buhari is a Dullard.
Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 27, 2015
Stupidity now na go slow when he stops even doin anytn atall I would c wat u pple would chant since u voted in a government u wld keep adjusting to than one that would adjust for you.
Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by basilo101: 4:26pm On Jul 27, 2015
Why all this supremacy battle among yoruba traditional rulers. That shows dat d so called donkey years of history is a ruse
Re: ‘baba Go Slow’ Appellation Given To Buhari Is What Best Suits Nigeria Now-yoruba by Megatone(m): 4:27pm On Jul 27, 2015
hazyfm:

Can't believe I just read your post trash

But u just did......

Numb skull

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari's Outfit For The Ogun 40th Anniversary Celebration Today (Pics) / President Tinubu Watch & Celebrates Super Eagles Win Against Cameroon (Video) / Ondo Election: Akeredolu, Ajayi, Jegede Win Polling Units

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.