Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks (3793 Views)

PDP Leaders Panic Over $2bn Arms Deal - New Telegraph / PDP Governors Panic Over Buhari - Daily Sun / Commercial Banks In Ogun Close Shop Over Robbery Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by muda1: 1:27am On Mar 16, 2009
Ibadan residents panic over robbery attacks
By Adebayo Waheed - 16.03.2009

RESIDENTS of Alalubosa, Liberty Road, Anfani areas in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, have continued to live in fear following the incessant armed robbery attacks in the area.

Restaurants, guest houses and other relaxation centres in the areas were the main targets of the armed robbers.

Investigations revealed that as a result of these attacks, some of the residents have decided to relocate to new areas while others have started returning home early.

Also, most of the restaurants and guest houses in the areas now close early to avoid being raided by the hoodlums.

Nigerian Tribune learnt that the armed robbers had made it a point of duty to attack these “joints” during which valuables were taken from the unsuspecting victims who visited these relaxation centres.

It was further learnt that the robbers have taken the advantage of unavailability of police stations in these areas to carry out their activities.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/16032009/news/news18.html
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by Reese1: 2:03am On Mar 16, 2009
I was speaking to my friend in Ibadan last week and she mentioned that there have been so many robberies lately and they've even had to put extra security measures and stuff. And everybody is so freaked out cuz the attacks have been pretty much back to back to back. I was so scared for her. sad God please protect us o sad
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by tnk24: 3:02am On Mar 16, 2009
Since the story was published in the media, the Police authorities should now be aware of the situation in that area
and therefore should do something concerning this. The people in that area can also come together and petition the
Police authorities to establish a Police Station there OR alternatively they can come together and form a
vigilante group to combat the situation.
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by Jakumo(m): 6:28am On Mar 16, 2009
The police have been uncharacteristically brave in confronting the tidal wave of armed robbers currently overwhelming Ibadan. Many major gunfights have taken place, and quite a few robbers sent to the Big Bank in the sky.
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by jamace(m): 11:31am On Mar 16, 2009
I feel for the people of Ibadan and Nigeria as a whole because armed robbery is rampant in all parts of the country now. I plead with the robbers to rob in the right quarters. They should please spare the masses and go for those who caused their woes.
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by Nkeirubaby: 12:22pm On Mar 16, 2009
jamace:

I feel for the people of Ibadan and Nigeria as a whole because armed robbery is rampant in all parts of the country now. I plead with the robbers to rob in the right quarters. They should please spare the masses and go for those who caused their woes.

We don't want them to rob at all, but that's impossible. So amen to Jamace's plea in the meantime
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by manmustwac(m): 12:36pm On Mar 16, 2009
The increase of robberies in ibadan and all other parts of the country is just a sign of the times it just proves that all the prayer warriors the increase of churches in nigeria and all the fasting and praying is not going to improve the economic situation of the country. Its up to the masses to say NO to corruption and hold their leaders to accountabiltiy then gradually we will see a change in Nigeria
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by emilyone(f): 12:41pm On Mar 16, 2009
Nkeirubaby:

We don't want them to rob at all, but that's impossible. So amen to Jamace's plea in the meantime

shocked shocked shocked what rubbish are you guys talking about ?

who caused their woes ?

don't you know your destiny is in your own hand! and dats the part they chose
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by PurestBoy(m): 1:02pm On Mar 16, 2009
THE SIMPLE REASON WHY ROBBERS ARE NOW RAMPANT IN IBADAN IS BECAUSE THESE ROBBERS HAVE LOST THEIR ABODE IN LAGOS BECAUSE OF FASHOLA'S PLAN OF RESTRUCTURING LAGOS TO A SAFER PLACE AS IN THE CASE OF OSHODI. SO THE NEAREST CITY THEY COULD RELOCATE IS IBADAN AND THAT'S WE'VE BEEN HAVING SLEEPING WITH OUR TWO EYES OPENED
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by moneygurl: 1:30pm On Mar 16, 2009
PurestBoy:

THE SIMPLE REASON WHY ROBBERS ARE NOW RAMPANT IN IBADAN IS BECAUSE THESE ROBBERS HAVE LOST THEIR ABODE IN LAGOS BECAUSE OF FASHOLA'S PLAN OF RESTRUCTURING LAGOS TO A SAFER PLACE AS IN THE CASE OF OSHODI. SO THE NEAREST CITY THEY COULD RELOCATE IS IBADAN AND THAT'S WE'VE BEEN HAVING SLEEPING WITH OUR TWO EYES OPENED

Not only Ibadan, they are moving to Ogun State too.
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by adeyemik: 1:36pm On Mar 16, 2009
Dear Ibadanians,

You should not expect less. You have [size=18pt]thiefing[/size] man as your governor, who prefer to use state resources and funds on his daughter's wedding rather than developing the state. His daughter was robbed of $56,000 yet ibadan people did not make noise. Where on earth did she get the money from? Sorry your governor made the state attractive to armed robbers because he lacks direction and focus.

Send your governor to Lagos or Edo to be tutored on how to govern a state.
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by tpia: 1:38pm On Mar 16, 2009
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by gReenmAn(m): 3:04pm On Mar 16, 2009
You should not expect less. You have thiefing man as your governor, who prefer to use state resources and funds on his daughter's wedding rather than developing the state. His daughter was robbed of $56,000 yet ibadan people did not make noise. Where on earth did she get the money from? Sorry your governor made the state attractive to armed robbers because he lacks direction and focus.

Maybe the robbers are usually on the prowl of Akala and his associates so they could rob them of some of their loot.
Ibadan people should make signposts that leads to the government house so the robbers would get their target grin
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by sinaayo(f): 3:22pm On Mar 16, 2009
it as been along no be today,on 12thjune 2008,it was on thursday,i ws coming form school i got to iwo rd around 8pm,and am going to challenge, on getting to iworoad i enter challenge i was scared inside this car because i was the only girl with a guy beside me and d driver so,on d way d driver said he want to buy fuel,that was d only thing i heard last ,d guy beside bring out gun and he said i should bring my bag ,phone ,and some other things like that,and they drop me at togate beside leadcity university arround 9 15pm.
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by Afam4eva(m): 3:30pm On Mar 16, 2009
You guys should try Aba and see.
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by osisi2(f): 3:47pm On Mar 16, 2009
It's like when they relocated a lot of low income folks from washington DC to Baltimore.
Guess what happened to crime in the city of Baltimore.
ka ka ka ka
du du du du
in broad daylight
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by osisi2(f): 3:48pm On Mar 16, 2009
mohadana aka pilas aka okoroamadi aka *comfort aka *dakobu
aka^muda and his Yoruba and Igbo crime threads
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by lucabrasi(m): 3:52pm On Mar 16, 2009
@post
what do you expect when it was widely rumourd that akala the present governor was dismissed from the police force for renting out fire arms to armed robbers,of course these robbers who r his customers will still be alive and in touch with him,so it stands to reason they ll need to enjoy the reign of one of their comerades
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by Afam4eva(m): 4:21pm On Mar 16, 2009
**osisi:

It's like when they relocated a lot of low income folks from washington DC to Baltimore.
Guess what happened to crime in the city of Baltimore.
ka ka ka ka
du du du du
in broad daylight

Ya, i once heard that the crime rate in Baltimore suppased that of new york at a point.
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by sinaayo(f): 4:28pm On Mar 16, 2009
they should tackle adebayo alao him self nt us
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by MrCrackles(m): 6:07pm On Mar 16, 2009
Topic

Na wa ooo!
sad
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 16, 2009
**osisi:

mohadana aka pilas aka okoroamadi aka *comfort aka *dakobu
aka^muda and his Yoruba and Igbo crime threads

only you and hotfunmi can compete with him in banned ids cheesy
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by roodest: 7:14pm On Mar 16, 2009
I SAY LEGALIZE THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS!
LET THE BATTLE BEGIN,

FOR ALL THOSE WHO WAN TALK RUBBISH, LISTEN TO FELA,
"I NO WAN DIE, MAME DEY FOR HOUSE, I GET SMALL CHILD"
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by Redman44(m): 7:33pm On Mar 16, 2009
I am not happy about the robberies in Ibadan. This is a city I am planning to settle down in. I have always wanted to live in Ibadan because of my business plans. I wanted to avoid the chaotic nature of Lagos and get cheaper housing in the ancient city. With this recent turn of events, I have started considering new options. I might just choose Ilorin or Akure. I believe Lagos is not the only place to operate from as an entrepreneur. Cheers.
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by laggchick: 8:35pm On Mar 16, 2009
Your robbers are there cos we kicked them out of lagos, tell your governor to brace up to the new challenges, hopefully,we kick em all the way to togo, lol
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by muda1: 2:57am On Mar 17, 2009
sad wink
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by Afam4eva(m): 3:33am On Mar 17, 2009
Redman44:

I am not happy about the robberies in Ibadan. This is a city I am planning to settle down in. I have always wanted to live in Ibadan because of my business plans. I wanted to avoid the chaotic nature of Lagos and get cheaper housing in the ancient city. With this recent turn of events, I have started considering new options. I might just choose Ilorin or Akure. I believe Lagos is not the only place to operate from as an entrepreneur. Cheers.

Have you considered Abuja or do u want only yoruba speaking states?
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by deoye05: 8:10am On Mar 17, 2009
omo, this guys no be unscripulous men of the under world at night, but also in the day time.

this thieves are gangstar men.(slang)

them get rank and stars, my friend in ibadan just gave me a stunning gist

birds of the same feather flock together, your Governor is a thief so thieves will always be around till he leaves.

kick him out and the people of ibadan will be saved. that na if him no go rig election put him brother there. grin
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by ayobase(m): 10:29am On Mar 17, 2009
they are only
trying to cut theirs
portion of the
national cake,

but y Ibadan?

The Governor should answer that!!
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by AloyEmeka9: 10:43am On Mar 17, 2009
Not true. armed robbers also have a boom. Ibadan is their booming town now and get away is easier for them in that city. They will soon relocate to another city. Why can't we equip the police with helicopters,radios and SWAT teams to counter this mayhem?. These things cost nothing but a penny.
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by neeyee(m): 11:02am On Mar 17, 2009
Abi oooo!!!!
Re: Ibadan Residents Panic Over Robbery Attacks by AKO1(m): 11:05am On Mar 17, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Why can't we equip the police with helicopters,radios and SWAT teams to counter this mayhem?. These things cost nothing but a penny.

It is not until Akala and his colleagues stop hoarding the penny that we will see all such equipment.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Motor Accident "do Not Drink And Drive" Pictures Not For Faint Hearted / Jonathan Shops For New Army Chief / Police Inspector, Soldier, 4 Others Killed In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.