Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Police Inspector, Soldier, 4 Others Killed In Adamawa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Inspector, Soldier, 4 Others Killed In Adamawa (3789 Views)

Top Boko Haram Commander, 55 Others Killed In Malumfatori, Borno State / Dasuki, 4 Others Granted Bail / Meet Solomon Aranse, Police Inspector General (Acting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Inspector, Soldier, 4 Others Killed In Adamawa by baslone: 1:39pm On Mar 13, 2012
Mubi – A police inspector, a soldier and four other persons were killed
in a Monday night attack by unidentified gunmen in Mubi, Adamawa.

Eyewitnesses told journalists in Mubi that a unit of military patrol
team were also attacked by the gunmen, injuring the men on duty.

The witnesses said that unidentified gunmen attacked a military patrol
vehicle on Ahmadu Bello Way in Mubi.

The attack was followed by multiple explosions and sporadic gunfire, which
started at about 7.30 p.m. and lasted throughout the night in various parts of the town.

The witnesses said that some of the gunmen were riding in a car while others were on motorcycles.

One of the witnessed, Malam Bala Muhammad, told reporters that, the gunmen, riding
in a car detonated an explosive device and opened fire on the moving military patrol vehicle.

He said that the soldiers, who were under heavy gun attack, responded to the fire in
self-defence, adding that one soldier was killed and four others wounded in the surprise attack.

Muhammad said, “the gunmen fled the area, leaving one soldier killed and four others
wounded. One police officer and other persons were also killed in the attack.

“We could not ascertain the identities of the four persons, whether they were pedestrians or gunmen.”

When contacted Tuesday, the Adamawa Commissioner of Police, Mr Aderene Shinaba, referred
journalists to the command’s Public Relation Officer (PPRO) Mrs Altine Daniel.

But Daniel said that the command would address the press on the incident later on Tuesday.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/police-inspector-soldier-4-others-killed-in-adamawa/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Police Inspector, Soldier, 4 Others Killed In Adamawa by Ournaija: 2:21pm On Mar 13, 2012
Why do this folks like looking for trouble? When you you look for them, wahala. When you are not looking for them, wahala. When you stay on your own jeje, wahala. Do they want us to abandon Nigeria North for them?

1 Like

Re: Police Inspector, Soldier, 4 Others Killed In Adamawa by tigerleggs(m): 2:25pm On Mar 13, 2012
Boko here, Boko there, Boko this, Boko that. I don't know what to believe again, I think the press is just given this sect more publicity that would be healthy for our survival as a country. This publicity would encourage them to reck more havoc.
Re: Police Inspector, Soldier, 4 Others Killed In Adamawa by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 13, 2012
Ha.. I don't like this new nairaland o. Well, i think the state Government should ban the use of Okada in the North since that is the primary transport they use for their attack.
Re: Police Inspector, Soldier, 4 Others Killed In Adamawa by princeonx: 2:55pm On Mar 13, 2012
bennyraz: Ha.. I don't like this new nairaland o. Well, i think the state Government should ban the use of Okada in the North since that is the primary transport they use for their attack.

I don't at all. The d.am.n thing is killing my eyes.

1 Like

Re: Police Inspector, Soldier, 4 Others Killed In Adamawa by henrychubayo: 3:50pm On Mar 13, 2012
prince_onx:

Bro, any new thing is always like these. But am sure, it is an improved one. Lets be patience and learn how to use it. Its giving me wahala too but i know it may be an improved one and better than the old. Thanks bro
Re: Police Inspector, Soldier, 4 Others Killed In Adamawa by henrychubayo: 3:50pm On Mar 13, 2012
prince_onx:

Bro, any new thing is always like these. But am sure, it is an improved one. Lets be patience and learn how to use it. Its giving me wahala too but i know it may be an improved one and better than the old. Thanks bro
Re: Police Inspector, Soldier, 4 Others Killed In Adamawa by henrychubayo: 3:52pm On Mar 13, 2012
prince_onx:

Re: Police Inspector, Soldier, 4 Others Killed In Adamawa by dino2006(m): 6:17pm On Mar 13, 2012
prince_onx:

Same thing here too o, but I believe it would get better. Patience is what we need for now.

(1) (Reply)

Deportation: Obi Writes Jonathan As NBA Threatens Legal Action / Some of Nigerian militarys new capabilities. / We Are Going Back To Okirika "Let The Heavens Fall" - Gov Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.