Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Why Does The Bible Contains So Much Contradictions? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does The Bible Contains So Much Contradictions? (1016 Views)

If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? / Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 / Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does The Bible Contains So Much Contradictions? by Ajibolatao(m): 7:27pm On Jul 27, 2015
According to the Christians, the bible is the word of God. Well, it might contain the word of God but it also contains the word of prophets and historians (the most famous among them is probably Paul). This quality/characteristics makes it vulnerable to error as humans are prone to error. Here are some of the errors/contradictions. Of course it also contains certain verses that are unscientific example is hmmmm *coughs* (well, I can’t start typing that for now). This are few of the 100+ contradictions in the bible.
1) 2nd kings Ch. No 24 v 8… ‘Jehoiachin was 18 years old, when he began to reign Jerusalem, and he reigned for 3 months’.
2nd Chronicles, Ch. No 36 V 9…‘Jehoiachin was 8 years old when he began to reign and he reigned for 3 months, 10 days’.
 Was Jehoiachin 18 years when he began to reign, or was he 8 years old?
 Did he reign for 3 months, or did he reign for 3 months 10 days?
2) Further, it was mentioned in the 1st Kings, Ch. No 7 V 26…‘In Solomon’s temple, in the molten sea, he had 2000 baths.
But in 2nd Chronicles Ch. No 4 V 5… ‘He had 3000 baths’.
 Does he have 2000 baths or he had 3000 baths?
This is a clear-cut mathematical contradiction.
3) It was mentioned in the 1st Kings, Ch. No. 15 V 33… ‘Basha, he died in the 26th year of reign of Asa.’
And 2nd Chronicles Ch. No 16 V 1, says that…‘Basha invaded Judah in the 36th years of the reign of Asa.’
 How can Basha invade 10 years after his death? - It is unscientific.
4) 2 Chronicles Ch 21 V 20… ‘Jehoram the father of Ahaziah was thirty-two years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem for eight years’ (= 40 years)
2 Chronicles Ch 22 V 1 & 2… ‘Ahaziah was made the king after his father’s death and he was forty two years old’
 Son two years older than his father.
5) 2 Chronicles Ch 22 V 2…’Forty two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. His mother’s name was also Athaliah the daughter of Omri’
2 Kings Ch 8 V 26… ‘Twenty two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. His mother’s name was also Athaliah the daughter of Omri’
 Was Ahaziah forty two years old or twenty two years old?
6) 2nd Samuel Ch 6 V 23… ‘Michal the daughter of Saul had no chid unto the date of her death’
2nd Samuel Ch 21 V 8… ‘Michal the daughter of Saul had five sons’
 No son or five sons for Michal?
Even the bible did not fail in this regard when writing such about Jesus’ family. The bible says
7) Matthew Ch 1 V 16… ‘Joseph the father of Jesus is the son of Jacob’
Luke Ch 3 V 23…’Jesus is the son of Joseph, who was the son of Heli’
 Jesus’ father Joseph had two fathers.
Of course there are lot more but I would love to stop here.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Bible Contains So Much Contradictions? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 27, 2015
undecided
Re: Why Does The Bible Contains So Much Contradictions? by shalomm: 7:28pm On Jul 27, 2015
Go ask God
Re: Why Does The Bible Contains So Much Contradictions? by Neemcie(f): 7:32pm On Jul 27, 2015
Heheheh........... #Following!
Re: Why Does The Bible Contains So Much Contradictions? by delishpot: 7:50pm On Jul 27, 2015
I dey follow
Re: Why Does The Bible Contains So Much Contradictions? by CHM11: 7:54pm On Jul 27, 2015
The bible does not contradict itself...Jehoi'a.chin was eighteen years Old when he began to reign...... Most bibles are typed by humans so u expect some typos in some...You want to study the word of God with a clearer understanding, Get a study bible....I suggest 'New World Translation of the holy scriptures'
Re: Why Does The Bible Contains So Much Contradictions? by Ajibolatao(m): 8:00pm On Jul 27, 2015
CHM11:
The bible does not contradict itself...Jehoi'a.chin was eighteen years Old when he began to reign...... Most bibles are typed by humans so u expect some typos in some...You want to study the word of God with a clearer understanding, Get a study bible....I suggest 'New World Translation of the holy scriptures'
we are talking about almost the same thing. Typo error because he can't have different ages when he started to reign. But the two still doesnot match and therefore contradict. Simple english
Re: Why Does The Bible Contains So Much Contradictions? by CHM11: 8:25pm On Jul 27, 2015
Ajibolatao:

we are talking about almost the same thing. Typo error because he can't have different ages when he started to reign. But the two still doesnot match and therefore contradict. Simple english
Not simple english because most of your points are flawed...I just checked my bible now and its Eighteen years in both verses.

As regards the 3 months and 10 days,...u can still say its 3 months on average.....so the bible doesn't contradict itself...it never has...it never will.

Please get a good bible if you really want to understand the word of God.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Bible Contains So Much Contradictions? by Ajibolatao(m): 8:39pm On Jul 27, 2015
CHM11:

Not simple english because most of your points are flawed...I just checked my bible now and its Eighteen years in both verses.

As regards the 3 months and 10 days,...u can still say its 3 months on average.....so the bible doesn't contradict itself...it never has...it never will.

Please get a good bible if you really want to understand the word of God.
so KJV and others are bad bibles. ok noted. Pls let me know the good ones from the ones that aren't so good. Help a brother and let me see for myself and I wonder how on earth you can refer to 1 of 6 ( if I see the version myself ) as most.
Re: Why Does The Bible Contains So Much Contradictions? by CHM11: 9:11pm On Jul 27, 2015
Ajibolatao:

so KJV and others are bad bibles. ok noted. Pls let me know the good ones from the ones that aren't so good. Help a brother and let me see for myself and I wonder how on earth you can refer to 1 of 6 ( if I see the version myself ) as most.
They are all flawed as I just checked.
Don't just read one verse of the bible...read the entire chapter and get what they are talking about. With a study bible you can also link chapters talking about the same thing.

I just had to check all u posted up here and all are flawed. Please if you are a christian, read the bible like a christian and not like someone reading a novel.
The Holy bible doesn't contradict itself, people and their translation/understanding are what contradict themselves...Gods word remain true, perfect, and not contradictory from time indefinite to time indefinite.
Kind regards.

(1) (Reply)

Chewing Gum Attract Marine Spirit / Practical Steps To Overcoming Masturbation / I Belong To Ogboni Confraternity And CAN – Lagos Pastor Confesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.