Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,063 members, 7,863,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:15 AM

Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? (3106 Views)

Am I Not Justified? / Guy Announced His Grandfather's Death By Selfie Taking In Hospital - Photo / Dabbing Madness Taking Over Nigeria (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Eyop: 1:50pm On Jul 29, 2015
calculusx:

Odikwa serious grin grin. But, looking as far back as those days, how did all these practices come into play, how was it started, who pronounced such on generations upon generations? Just wondering. Did you know wherever the couple might be on the face of the earth, they need to go back to Village to appease their Gods.

grin grin my brother,very serious oh. It has always been in existence oh and I remember that an old man told me something 5yrs ago about how the king's wife died as a result of his cheating wife and I guess it's also part of how this thing was originated. Once the victim dies,there's no point appeasing any gods because it ends there.
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Nobody: 3:29am On Jul 30, 2015
Eyop:

Yes sir. I asked a lot of Elders about this and their excuse is that men are polygamous in nature and it shouldn't affect them. I have never heard it anywhere that if the men should cheat on their wives,that this traditional repercussion would come into play but it has always been the women but will only affect the man if he knows about this but still continue to live with her like husband and wife. It's only God that can deal with a cheating husband naturally but not through this medium.
Women don suffer sha. Wonder why they are always at the receiving end.
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Eyop: 9:45am On Jul 30, 2015
softysparky:

So na man wey no dey suffer abi
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 30, 2015
Eyop:

So na man wey no dey suffer abi
Yes naa, you know I'm saying the truth.
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by capricun: 10:36am On Jul 30, 2015
Who wants Magun? I know some baba cheesy
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Eyop: 10:39am On Jul 30, 2015
softysparky:

Yes naa, you know I'm saying the truth.

Well it all depends on how you see it. when you marry,stay one place and no do piam piam piam so that you will not see piam piam piam cheesy cheesy
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 30, 2015
Eyop:

Well, there are some areas that have this stuff. If the woman should cheat,she will die except she confesses. Another is if she cheats and the husband knows about this and continues to eat her food/sleep with her,the husband will also die.
Heard such things happen in Nsukka.

Actually had a friend whose suitor is from Nsukka, her reason for rejecting the guy's proposal is because of this your post.
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Eyop: 7:17pm On Jul 30, 2015
Adaobi12:
Heard such things happen in Nsukka.

Actually had a friend whose suitor is from Nsukka, her reason for rejecting the guy's proposal is because of this your post.

Then it means your friend is either a waka about or she isn't sure of herself cheesy cheesy
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 30, 2015
Eyop:

Then it means your friend is either a waka about or she isn't sure of herself cheesy cheesy
Her problemsl not mine.
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by jnrbayano(m): 11:07pm On Jul 30, 2015
EggovinMma:
Last night, I had a discussion with a male friend who justifies this. His arguments, ".....Babe I don't want my wife to cheat, so we must have either a blood covenant or ma gun(thunderbolt). ." shocked shocked He went on to state how many times his previous relationships" hit the rocks" because of infidelity.In a society where infidelity is prevalent, is it justified? I listened and watched him for hours as he argued with so much emotions. He says he will never cheat on his wife, and it will only be fair if he put "things" in place to prevent the wife from cheating as well.

I am still in shock! I dont think I will see that nigger again. angry

If and only If the bolter (guy) is bolted as well, a fair game it will be otherwise why doesn't he realise that all women are not the same?

Do me I do you god no go vex.

1 Like

Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by jamace(m): 7:24pm On Aug 29, 2015
Wives should BOLT their husbands too. We must apply justice.
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by driand(m): 7:12am On Sep 16, 2015
EggovinMma:

I think it goes both ways.
This is the second time I am hearing this from a guy, and both are very educated.
Cheating is bad in marriage no doubt but wishing horrible death to a cheating partner is worst.
you are wrong on this, magun doesn't harm the woman in question, but the guy she cheated with, and there are different types of magun, specie no 1, after sexx with her lover the guy mustn't cross gutter(drainage) or else that would be the last thing he'll do.. ,. specie no 2, the lover mustn't taste anything that contains okro, specie no 3 the lover mustn't drink water cuz even 33,000 litres won't quench his thirst and he's on a high way to the grave , specie no 4 when a guy tell you do you know I can takiti grin (back flip stunt) for no reason, him don carry am grin don't let him do it cuz he won't survive it, d list goes on, but all in all magun has no business with your partner but who ever she cheated with.

My verdict : why live with someone I don't trust? Why waste my days of happiness and fun? Why spend my years trying to know who she cheated? If I can't trust her in the beginning then there's no point marrying her.
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 16, 2015
driand:
you are wrong on this, magun doesn't harm the woman in question, but the guy she cheated with, and there are different types of magun, specie no 1, after sexx with her lover the guy mustn't cross gutter(drainage) or else that would be the last thing he'll do.. ,. specie no 2, the lover mustn't taste anything that contains okro, specie no 3 the lover mustn't drink water cuz even 33,000 litres won't quench his thirst and he's on a high way to the grave , specie no 4 when a guy tell you do you know I can takiti grin (back flip stunt) for no reason, him don carry am grin don't let him do it cuz he won't survive it, d list goes on, but all in all magun has no business with your partner but who ever she cheated with.

My verdict : why live with someone I don't trust? Why waste my days of happiness and fun? Why spend my years trying to know who she cheated? If I can't trust her in the beginning then there's no point marrying her.

Lmao! !!!
seen all these in yoruba movies.Ba the stunt own sure pass.

Well, I reasoned that those who want to do that to their spouse are cheats as well.I can't even marry someone that doesn't trust me . Again, I can't tell someone to trust me when I am not ready to keep to it.
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Eddodoh(m): 9:18pm On Sep 18, 2015
Eyop:

Well, there are some areas that have this stuff. If the woman should cheat,she will die except she confesses. Another is if she cheats and the husband knows about this and continues to eat her food/sleep with her,the husband will also die.
Some Idoma communities in Benue state practice it.
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by Eddodoh(m): 9:21pm On Sep 18, 2015
EggovinMma:

Lmao! !!!
seen all these in yoruba movies.Ba the stunt own sure pass.

Well, I reasoned that those who want to do that to their spouse are cheats as well.I can't even marry someone that doesn't trust me . Again, I can't tell someone to trust me when I am not ready to keep to it.
So u dat i have bin considering, u r saying dis?
Re: Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? by KINGPINE: 2:01pm On Oct 10, 2015

Receiving end kor . A man will save up pay your bride price give you accommodation , feed you etc and you will go and give your kpekus to another guy to chop abi . My money na counter abi ? Na magun sure pass better than putting a bullet in her head that way people won't say you r evil or wicked . All these ladies saying its wrong and if you trust your partner it's uncalled for are people that will cheat . If you sure for yourself you no go worry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Do People Say You Look Like? / Should I Be Cool With My Husband Kiping A R.ship To Kip His Biz Going? / Saudi King Spends $3m On Daughtrs Wdding Dres, Gives Her Gold Toilet As Gft(PIC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.